Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Boatworking Skills or Lack Thereof ❯ Vegeta's Dog ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ah, to own DBZ, that would be the life for me. A million and one adoring fans and no one to mess up my plans.

Author's Note: Are there too many conversations in here? Do I not have enough B/V interaction for you? Please, e-mail me at Origynalsyn22@aol.com <mailto:Origynalsyn22@aol.com> and please tell me what I could do next. Also, please remember that this is all based in a real place so don't be surprised if strange characters show up every now and then. I know everyone that will show up in this story…and if I don't, it's because they are cartoon characters. And yes, I did let out the horrible secret that is known as my fiancé's name. Sorry Cowboy. Ok, back to writing.



Chapter Three: Vegeta and his dog…don't think sick people, it's a dog for god's sake.



Bulma was sitting out in the sun, her sunglasses and bikini on, when she heard the sound of a lawnmower start up then loud barking and swearing coming from across the street. Lifting her sunglasses to get a better view, she couldn't help but laugh at the sight of her neighbor trying to get his shirt back from a large black Labrador. Her eyes did end up wandering though, as she studied his sweaty body, muscular chest, and arms. "Wow." Tearing her gaze from his chest, she watched him wrestling with the dog for awhile longer then laughed again when he shouted several explicative words at the dog before returning to his mowing. "Oh my…now I know I really need a man."

Tired from mowing, and fighting his dog for his shirt, he sighed and picked up a bottle of water sitting on the bow deck of his boat. Taking several deep swallows, he glanced over at his new neighbor's yard then whistled softly when she stood up, revealing her bikini-clad body. He'd seen some well built women in his life and she definitely filled that particular slot. Shaking his head, he leaned back against his boat, thoughts of what he would be doing tomorrow filling his mind.

"Hey Vegeta." Cowboy, Kathi's fiancé, walked over with a huge grin on his face then leaned against the boat beside the shorter man. "You up for turkey hunting tomorrow?"

"It starts tomorrow?" Shaking his head to free it from his earlier train of thoughts, he glanced at the taller man curiously. "I thought it didn't start until next week?"

"Nope, tomorrow is the first day of turkey season."

"Damn…yeah I'll go tomorrow."

"Great, now she can't tell me that I can't go because I don't have anyone with me."

Laughing softly, he took another swallow of water. "She doesn't want you to go eh?"

"No…something about needing pickles and chocolate ice-cream. I don't know…she's been more sensitive ever since she reached her fourth month."

"That might be because you haven't gotten married yet."

"We will though…just not now."

Rolling his eyes, he looked back across the street and watched the blue-haired woman water some flowers hanging off her porch then sighed. "What do you think of our new neighbor?"

Lifting a brow, Cowboy glanced at the new woman then whistled softly before looking away. "She's something else, but god don't let Kathi catch me watching her, she'd tear my balls out and force me to eat them."

Lips curving in a small smirk, he nodded and walked over to where his dog had discarded his poor shirt. "That would be worth watching…maybe I should tell her you were ogling the new neighbor?"

Paling considerably, despite his dark tan, he shook his head then glared at the shorter man menacingly. "You wouldn't dare and you know she wouldn't fix anything else for you if you did."

"True, she would be very distraught about the whole thing."

"Damn right she would."

"Anyway, turkey hunting tomorrow and I'll remember to bring my gun this time."

"Thank the lord, last time I had to let you borrow mine and I still haven't gotten the dirt out of it from when you dropped it."

"Hey now, that wasn't my fault…that stupid raccoon jumped on me and scared the hell out of me."

"Right, that's what they all say."

"Whatever man, go home and let me finish my yard work."

"If you say so." Waving to the other man, he left and headed across the field to his house.

Sighing, he stared at his neighbor a little longer then snorted and whistled for his dog. "Hey you mutt, my shirts aren't your toys."

Loping over to his owner, the lab gave him a doggy grin then licked his face before sitting still and staring up at the human.

"Right, and now I suppose you're hungry after all that hard work you did?"

Barking, the dog scooted forward then yelped with joy when the man started for the house.

Grumbling under his breath about stupid dogs and beautiful women, he opened the door, letting his dog in first, then went into the kitchen. He might as well feed the dog even though it had been given beef scraps about an hour ago. "Why did I let her talk me into getting this creature?"