Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Musical Dreams ❯ Decision Made ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Author's Note: Yet another chappy...are you getting bored of these pathetic, really insignificant Author's Notes yet?? O_o;; Heehee... ^_^;;

*~*~*

Trunks lie there on his bed, arms tucked under his head, staring up at his ceiling, shirtless and only wearing a pair of black silk pajama pants, with boxers underneath of course. Yeah, he had a LOT on his mind. Ah, good ol' ceiling, always there to stare back down at him when he was depressed. Sadly, he found himself staring at it way too often.

Pan had a lot of good points. Why had he quit? As modest as Trunks Briefs was, he knew damn well that he had talent. Hell, if he hadn't thrown out his guitar he bet he probably still would know how to play it! Trunks turned over onto his side and rested his cheek on his hand. Well, it's not as if giving the whole singing-career thing a shot would hurt. If it didn't work out, it didn't work out! But, even if he was gonna give this whole thing another shot, where's he gonna start?

Okay...so, it's decided then? Trunks sighed and sat up, staring out of his window, up at the millions of twinkling stars in the sky. He walked over to his window, leaning over and sticking his head out looking up. With that, he levitated off the ground and flew up into it, right through a patch of fluffy white clouds that seemed darker than they usually would in the dark blue night sky. Trunks lay back, floating there as if the clouds were keeping him up there in the air and as if he were using them as matresses or something. He liked doing this a lot whenever it was a nice night out because it made him calm, serene, and he could think straight.

"Well, I might as well give it a go..." Trunks trailed off, staring up at the sky, stretching a bit and yawning, rubbing his eye a little as he continued staring up at the stars, his eyes only half opened now. "After all...what could it..." he yawned once again, "...hurt?" Slowly but surely, Trunks's eyelids grew heavier and heavier, until finally he fell sound asleep, slowly descending from the sky, floating down, down, down, until he finally reached the soft grass of the Capsule Corporation grounds, continuing to sleep on.

*-*-*

Poke. Poke. Poke.

Trunks yawned and turned over onto his back, rubbing his eyes, looking up into the blinding sunlight, and a shadowy figure hanging over him with short, spikey hair.

Poke. Poke. Poke.

The lavander-haired Saiyan prince finally realized he was outside, sitting straight up and looking around at his surroundings, then up at the shadowy figure hovering above him, and even though this person had obviously already reached his goal at waking Trunks up, he kept poking. Trunks wasn't surprised; this particular person was quite easily amused.

"Ow, quit it Goten!" Trunks winced and rubbed the spot on his chest Goten had been poking. It wouldn't have bothered him so much if only the dense dark-haired Demi-Saiyajin wouldn't have poked him in the same damn spot.
Goten had the classic goofy Son grin plastered onto his face, his hand going to the back of his head just like his father, chuckling a bit.

"Gomen ne, Torankusu..." he trailed off. "It was just funny...the spot where I was poking at kept turning really white...then back to light tan colored, then white, then light tan, then white, then..."
"Hai, hai, I get it, I get it!!!" Trunks stood up, scratching the back of his head looking around more. "How the hell did I get here?"
Goten just shrugged his shoulders. "I dunno."
"Goten-chan, you don't know anything..." Trunks responded, brushing off his backside and pants.
"I know...hey wait a sec, did you just insult me?"
"Hey, I think you're starting to get things through to your brain faster!"
"Really? Cool! I..." Goten's face dropped as his hand went to his chin and he paused in thought. "Wait a sec..."
Trunks shook his head and patted his best friend on the back. "Don't try thinking about it buddy, you might hurt yourself..."

Trunks walked his best friend towards his house, continuing to pat his buddy on the back as Goten continued amusing himself by poking his own arm and watching in amazement as his skin color went from beige to white, beige to white, beige to white...

*-*-*

Trunks walked out of his bathroom, wearing a pair of jeans and towel drying his hair (he just stepped out of the shower), glancing as Goten played Trunks's video games (A/N: I don't care if they're in their thirties!!! YOU NEVER GET TOO OLD FOR THAT!!! =D).

"So, why did you come here again Goten?" Trunks asked his friend as he went over to his drawer and pulled out a blue t-shirt.
"Ne...come on you...stupid...ARG!!!" Goten growled out in defeat as Link was killed by a zombie creature thing (Zelda Ownz!!! =D). "Huh? Wha...oh! Um...Pan-chan sent me over for ya."
Trunks poked his head through the shirt, sliding his arms through, blinking at Goten. "Pan sent you over for me? Why couldn't she have just called?"
"Because your mom said that you weren't home..."
"Oh," Trunks said, noting that he wasn't actually INSIDE the house...just asleep on the lawn, not knowing why until about five minutes ago when he remembered about his little flight up in the clouds last night. "Well, what'd she want?"
Goten got up from Trunks's bed and stretched a bit, shutting off the TV. "She wants you to go over to her house whenever you can...I dunno why, I'm just repeating what she told me."
"Oh...okay then," Trunks said, blinking a bit and scratching his head. He didn't know what Pan had in mind, but whatever it was, he was pretty sure it was about their little discussion they had that other day.

For a moment, Trunks thought deeply about how serious she was and how much she believed in him. He could tell she really meant it by the way her dark eyes shined and twinkled in the dim light as she looked into his; you could tell she was sincere about everything she meant as she stared back into his deep sapphire orbs. Trunks thought to himself then about how really pretty Ms. Son Pan got over the years...
"Ne?" Trunks turned red a bit, shaking his head and trying to get the thoughts out. "Why am I thinking of Pan-chan like that? Sure she's pretty...she always has been, I mean, a pretty girl, but I'm acting as if I'm...attracted to her. That's crazy!" Trunks shook his head more, finally clearing his mind of those thoughts, only to see Goten staring up at him with a puzzled look on his face.
"Ne...Torankusu...why are you shaking your head around like a dog?" Goten asked, blinking.
"Oh, I er..." Trunks paused, his cheeks still kinda red, "I um...was...getting the water out of my ears from the shower...yeah, that's it! I was getting water out of my ears!" Trunks sheepishly said in response, nervously laughing and sticking his finger in his ear, acting as if that's what he was really trying to do.
"Oh, okay! You were confusing me there for a minute..."
"Goten...you always...ugh, nevermind. It's too easy..." Trunks sighed, chuckling a bit.

Within the next few minutes, Trunks was all dressed and ready to go, the two Demi-Saiyajins rushing through the house, Trunks briefly getting a moment to tell his mother where he was headed, kissing her good-bye as they then blasted off into the sky towards Son Pan's residense...

*~*~*

Sorry if this chapter was kinda short, but I was just trying to quickly break out another chapter so you guys know I wasn't stopping with this story. Don't worry, the next chapters are coming up ASAP!!! ^_^

'Till Next Time!!!

*~*Rizu-chan*~*