Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Suru Lover ❯ The cure ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I m starting to think of a finish for this story. I think it's sad, but every story must have an end… sigh…

****

Chapter sixteen: The cure

Goku groaned when he slowly came to. He flinched at the sudden light that hit his eyes. He was in great pain and his head was spinning. A wailing sound reached his ears. `Shidou… no doubt. I know that cry anywhere. Was the fight only a dream?' Forcing his aching eyes open, he looked around.

"Hush, baby. We don't want to wake daddy yet.. shhh…"

Goku's jaw dropped when he saw Bulma with the little cub. He was confused. Hadn't he left her on earth? Moaning in pain, he shifted to his side. He held his gaze at Bulma and his cub.

Bulma bounced the crying cub in her arms. This was not like taking care of a baby she knew. Sayajiin cubs were always depended on their `mother' until they reached the age of 15. She had tried her best but Shindou would not stop crying until he was with Vegeta again. Hearing a noise behind her, she turned and smiled at Goku. "How are you, Goku?"

Sitting up was a challenge for Goku but he managed. Stretching his arms for Shindou, he waited for Bulma to give him his cub. When the now quiet cub was nestled in his arms, he looked at Bulma. "What happened? Where are we?"

"We are on namek. I don't know what happened before we found you, but we found you passed out after your battle with Freeza. It was impossible to miss your location with all the energy you released. You are okay now"

Goku nodded and the shot up. "We? Who are WE?"

Bulma poured Goku a cub of namek tea. She had tried it when Goku was unconscious but it hadn't tasted that good. She hoped that Goku would like it, he needed all the fluids that he could get. Handing Goku the mug she smiled. "We as in Yamchu, Tiden and Krilin. You didn't think that we should leave you alone did you? We'll always be there for you, remember that… umm… Where is Vegeta? Shindou would probably want his dinner…" Bulma said and looked around the tiny room.

Goku's eyes travelled around the room. It wasn't big and only contained a bed and a table with two chairs. The whole room was white and the bed sheets were purple. Goku let his gaze fall. He glazed at Shindou that was snoring lightly in his folded arms. "Vegeta…"

Bulma's smile dropped. "Yeah… Vegeta. Where is he? And where is Bibou?"

Goku rose from the bed. His legs were shaking but he didn't think of that. His thoughts were on the words Vegeta had told him. "Bulma, Vegeta is home"

"That's good! So he and Bibou will be waiting for us at the ship! I didn't see him slink in though…"

"No, Bulma. Vegeta is home. On a planet with only Sayajiins. Where I should be…"

Bulma looked shocked. "Where you should be?! What are you talking about, Goku?" she asked and walked in front of the big warrior.

"I-I'll tell you later, ok Bulma?" Goku said and looked into Bulma's blue eyes. She had no idea of his conversation with Vegeta. She would probably call him insane if she knew that he could talk to Sayajiins.

*cough cough*

Goku snapped out of his little trance and looked at Shindou. The little Sayajiin cub was coughing and tears ran down his little cheeks. He started to wail, only to stop for some more coughing. Goku shot his stare to Bulma who flinched at the intense gaze she received. "We are on namek, right?" he asked.

Bulma nodded. "Yes"

Goku held the little being closer to him. "Where is a namekian? I must se one now!"

****

The green alien looked over the little coughing being in front of him. He had poked and looked, hummed and asked and now he looked up at Goku. The wrinkled face smiled at the warrior. "It's no disease he has. It's bound to the fact that he is a Sayajiin" the elder said and let Goku take back his cub.

Krilin, Yamchu and Tiden looked at the elder. They had no idea of Sayajiins acted. They sat around a table and drank some tea. Strangely they liked the taste of the tea unlike Bulma. Bulma sat beside Yamchu and listened to the elder. She knew some facts of Sayajiin behaviour from Goku.

Goku hugged his sick cub close and looked confused on the elder. The fact that Shindou was a Sayajiin? What? "What do you mean, elder?"

The elder chuckled and sat down beside Krilin. He eyed Goku as he drank some water. "What I mean is that he is a Sayajiin and that his parents have done a lousy job at raising the young one"

Goku was in front of the man before the elder could blink. He grabbed the collar of the light blue tunic the namekian was wearing, glaring death at the old one. "Don't EVER speak of Vegeta that way again or you'll get beaten badly by me!" he growled in the elder's face.

The elder never flinched when the warrior grabbed his tunic. He just smiled at the threats that Goku was throwing in his face. Calmly he remover the fingers from his tunic and picked up his mug once more. "I mean, does he have more then one cub?"

Goku glared still at the elder. Nodding he said "Yes, he had three. One he killed at birth, though"

The elder nodded. "I don't know everything about Sayajiins, but I do know that only one from a litter of three survives. The parent that raises the cubs takes care mostly of one cub instead of all. Listen well now, young man. Milk is not the only thin a young cub like yours need. A cub needs something more"

Goku listened and without thinking he rubbed Shindou's tail. The cub was purring softly but stopped to cough before he continued. Goku smiled softly at the cub and then he turned to the namekian. "What is it?"

"Hum, what do you speak of?" The elder asked.

"What do a Sayajiin need more beside milk?"

The elder looked confused, and then laughed. "Sorry, my mind slipped! A cub needs blood from both parents. That gives them the strength to live… without the blood, they perish"

Goku looked scared. "But Bibou have not gotten my blood! I have never let him!"

"Bibou?"

"My other cub, Bibou. He is the sibling to Shindou"

"Oh, ok. I guess that he has gotten it somehow. If he hadn't, he would be as sick as this one"

Goku closed his eyes. `Could Vegeta have gotten Bibou some of my blood? How?!' "What do you suggest I do? I want Shindou healthy again"

The elder looked Goku in the eye. "Do what you think is right. But if you want a suggestion, I'll say: give him some of your blood, young one. Seek his other parent and make him give some blood as well…"

Goku nodded and stood. "I'll do that… but I must ask you a question, Bulma"

Bulma looked up at Goku. She could see that he was troubled. "What is it, Goku-kun?"

Goku looed her deep in the eyes. His question startled everyone in the room. "Who am I?"

****

Sorry for the late update… I have a job that takes the strength out of me!

Next chapter: Goku gets a history lesson of his past… his true self.