Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Suru Lover ❯ My people, my future ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hello again!

For all of you that do like this story, I thank you. This story is about to end. If not in this chapter, then the next. I think I'll write a squeal to this one, not now, but soon. I would really love it if you gave me suggestions on the title to that squeal.

****

Chapter twenty: My people, my future

After a long soak, the two adult Sayajiins sat in the grass along the shore, letting the sun dry them. Vegeta was untangling his mate's mane as the big Sayajiin was paying attention to their cub. He cooed and waved his tail in front of the cub's face, making Shindou giggle and gurgle. Goku then remembered something. "Vegeta?"

The Suru didn't look up from his grooming as he spoke. "Yes?"

Goku looked at Shindou and gave the cub a confused look. "How do we cure him? I mean, I know that he needs our blood, but how?" He had never done this before, so he wanted to be sure on what he would do.

Vegeta ran his hands through Goku's untangled mane, satisfied with the job, then he turned his attention to his mate. "You don't know?" he asked as he took Shindou from him. "It's easy," he told Goku as he lifted a finger to his little cub's mouth. He laid it on Shindou's lips and he smiled as the cub suckled on the digit. He winced softly at the sudden sharp pain and then purred as the cub drank a little of his blood. "See? This is how you do it. Just give him a finger and he'll do the rest" he said and withdrew his still bleeding digit.

Goku watched. His eyes never left the Suru's finger. "Does it hurt?" he didn't really like pain, not when he could avoid it.

Vegeta threw him a glare. "You are worried for the slight pain instead of your own cub? Hasn't he suffered enough? Believe me, Kakarott, the pain you'll feel is nothing compared to his."

Goku was shocked. Was Shindou in pain? If that was the case, he'll suffer for the moment. Only if that meant that his son would survive. He brought up his hand and pressed a finger softly on his cub's lips. When he felt the small cub suckle on the digit, he closed his eyes, preparing for the pain that was going to come. He felt the small teeth dig into his flesh but, to his surprise, there were no pain. He felt a strange tingle going through his hand and into his heart. When he felt that Shindou was finished, he withdrew his finger and had a look at the bite mark. It wasn't as big and gashed as he had thought. It was a fine cut, almost like paper cut, that bleed slightly. He looked at Shindou that was couching a little then at his mate. "He's not getting any better!" Why? Shindou had gotten their blood! So what was wrong?

Vegeta smiled and sniffed his cub's mane. "It won't work that fast, you know. In a couple of days maybe… now, let's get going. I want to go back to Bibou," he said and stood, holding out his hand to Goku.

Goku looked at his mate as he rose. He had almost forgotten about Bibou. "Where is he? I mean, he isn't here, so where is he?"

Vegeta started to walk along a small path. He looked over his shoulder at his mate. "He is with my father. I couldn't stay in the tribe because of my heat. I went here to await you and left Bibou with my father. We have to hurry. Bibou is probably hungry, considering that I haven't been there to feed him for a while."

Goku walked along side his mate. He was really nervous about meeting with his tribe. Was he going to be accepted? Would they approve that an ex-Sayajiin-breeder would join them? He sure hoped so…

****

Vegeta stopped. His attention was locked in front of him as he seemed to listen to all the noises around them.

Goku was stunned by all the sudden noise that sounded through the woods. He looked around him but he couldn't find the source of the noise. He looked at his still mate. "What's going on? Who is making all the noise, Vegeta?" he asked.

Vegeta turned his head slightly in response. "I don't know. Something is wrong in the tribe," he said.

A Sayajiin landed before them. He was about the same height as Goku and had a very short mane. He was as muscular as Goku but his body was covered in scars. Goku could remember him as one of Freeza's Sayajiins. The Sayajiin looked at Vegeta. "Where have you been?"

Vegeta looked at the Sayajiin and motioned to Goku. "I was getting my mate, Kakarott. What's wrong, Ringo? (Ringo = apple in Japanese)"

Ringo looked a bit stressed as he looked behind him. "Your father has been beaten and thrown down from the throne! The new leader is splitting bonded mates and tries to take the Surus for himself! We got to stop him, but no one is stronger then him!" he said and shook his head in defeat. "My mate is gathering the Sayajiins that have fled. We are going to attack him together! We'll throw him down!"

Vegeta shook his head. "No, it is against our nature. He won his right to lead us. We can't throw him down from the throne."

Goku stared shocked at Vegeta. Ringo was as shocked as him. "What!?" they both asked.

"You are to let him rule over us, Vegeta?" Ringo asked.

Vegeta looked at the pair of stunned Sayajiins. "What I mean is that we'll find a Sayajiin that can beat him. A Sayajiin that we know will be a great leader. Strong and kind."

Ringo shook his head. "And where to you think that we'll find that Sayajiin?"

Vegeta motioned to Goku. "Here."

Goku stared at his mate. "Me? I don't know, Vegeta. I mean, I am still learning about being a Sayajiin and so on. I don't know if I can handle a leadership…"

Vegeta handed Shindou to Ringo and took his mate's face in his hands. He forced the Sayajiin to look him in the eyes before he spoke. "You lead a people before you came here. I know that you'll do fine. You are our only hope. I beg you, Kakarott. Save our people!"

Goku's heart swelled with those words. He gathered the Suru close and held him. "Okay, I'll try, but I want you to promise me one thing, both of you…"

Ringo and Vegeta nodded. Their hope had grown with the knowledge that Goku maybe would become their new leader.

Goku looked at his mate. He wanted to remember every detail of his beloved's face if he wouldn't survive this fight. He didn't want to be separated from his mate again, they had been separated enough for many years to come. He straightened his back as he looked the Suru and Sayajiin in the eyes. "Promise me that you all will stay away from the fight. Stay in the forest. I'll call for you if I win."

Ringo and Vegeta nodded. Vegeta stood on his tip toes as he kissed Goku's cheek. "Take care," he whispered. Then he turned to Ringo. "Where is my father and my cub?"

"Follow me…" Ringo said and waved the big Sayajiin goodbye. "WE ALL HOPE THAT YOU WIN, KAKAROTT!" he shouted and dashed off into the deep jungle, Vegeta hot on his heels.

Goku smiled at those words. He frowned and headed forwards the tribe. He didn't know who had taken King Vegeta's place, but he was going down. No one hurt his people and got away with it.

****

Goku was amazed when he entered the tribe's home. There were no real huts or cottages, but nests that had been created by nature itself. Every nest was decorated with leaves and straw, creating soft beds. He had, during his time as a breeder, made nests that had looked like these ones but almost all of the Surus had ignored them. It probably didn't satisfy the urge to build one on their own.

Goku walked among the many nests. A sudden scream stopped him. He listened closely and then he ran to the spot he thought the scream had come from. He stopped by a tree and watched the scene before him. He had never thought of the possibility of knowing the Sayajiin he had to fight. But he knew this one.

Broli.

The Super Sayajiin was pinning a Suru under him and was growling loudly in his face. The Suru in turn was twisting and screaming in fright. "Please! Don't do this! I beg of you!!"

Broli only laughed and grinned at the helpless Suru. "You have to obey me, I'm your leader remember? I'm not as weak as your last leader. I choose the Surus I want and I get them, understand?" he asked and leaned his head down to bite the whining Suru.

A foot connected with Broli's face and he was flung from the Suru. The smaller Suru looked at his rescuer. "Who are you?" he asked.

Goku didn't bother to answer directly. He was focusing on the rising Sayajiin before him. "Never mind that. Seek out the others and wait with them. I'll take care of things here," he said, never leaving the leader with his eyes.

The Suru nodded in gratitude. "Thanks." He bounded of into the woods, in search of the others.

Broli watched the Suru go. Who the hell did this Sayajiin think he was? He rose and spit on the ground. Well, whoever he was, he was going to learn not to stand in his way. Barring his fangs, he turned to the intruder. "You?!"

Goku gave him a quick nod. "I see that you haven't forgotten about me, Broli. What has gotten into you? Why are you hurting all the Surus?" he asked.

Broli smirked. "I have the right to do that. If you want to live I suggest that you leave right now!" he snapped and took a step closer to Goku.

Goku didn't back away. He sank into a fighting stand and made sure he had eye contact with the Sayajiin before him. "I won't leave. I challenge you, Broli, for the right to rule the Sayajiins!"

Broli roared as he charged. He was going to rip this annoying warrior apart! He hit Goku across the chin. His grin grew wider until he saw that his attack hadn't done any damage on the Sayajiin. He was startled when Goku calmly grabbed his wrist and flung him across the field. He landed hard on his back and lost the air he had in his lungs. He shook his head and growled. He was not going to beaten by a low class Sayajiin! Now way!

Goku walked over to were Broli had landed. He cracked his knuckles. He was ready to fight…

****

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I'm moving my home site so I have forgotten the story…. Won't happen again!

Next chapter: Goku fights for the right of the throne and will soon see what it means to be a leader!