Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mysterious Depths ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
They made their way to stand in front of the throne. Bulma turned to the crowd and the room grew quiet.
"People of Vegeta-sei. I know that quite a few of you men want to claim me as your own and though I am against this I will allow one of you to claim me. I have talked to your king and he has given me permission to hold a contest for my hand. It will be held in one months time. I will explain the rules then." The room filled with male voices, but Vegeta's was silent in shock and confusion. Though he now knew that she wanted him she still hid something from him. He decided right then and there that he would participate in this contest and he would win.
'I must also find what she is hiding from me.' After a moments time Bulma headed back to her room. She needed to prepare for her contest and she would need to be strong. "Onna!" Vegeta called drawing her attention to him.
"Hai, Vegeta?"
"Going to train?" Bulma nodded.
"By myself. I can not have a guy around me when I work on my moves." Vegeta frowned at this, but decided to let it slip. Bulma continued on to her room to change leaving Vegeta in the hall to think. He headed toward his training room, his mind full of all things Bulma had said to him or did that would betray her secret without her telling him. Bulma had been found by the sea in the woods and then he found her in the lake with different color hair, but her words were a little odd. Just as he entered his training room his father followed.
"Father?" Vegeta asked suspiciously. "What are you doing in here?" The king smirked.
"I know that you like the little half breed." Vegeta frowned. "I also know that she has a secret that you wish to know. I will help you figure it out since I am also very curious about her whereabouts of origin." Vegeta looked at his father in shock. His father had never seemed all that concerned when it came to helping him before. What had changed since then? Vegeta nodded. "Now tell me what you know."

(Training Room...)
Bulma sneezed as she powered up.
'Hmmmm... Must be getting a cold.' She finished powering up and began to fight the invisible sparing partner. "Oh, Vegeta," she moaned in despair. "Will you figure it out before it is too late?" She looked down at the golden ring that flashed on her finger.

"So, now we know some physical things that don't aid up, but what about verbal things. Word seem to betray what a person really means even if they seem cryptic."
"Well, when we first met and she was about to leave I asked her why she had to leave. She told me that she was only allowed out on her tenth birthday as a gift, but when she was to turn eighteen that she would be allowed her freedom.She also said something about her other parentage being different and she had to follow the rules for that side or bad things would happen to her." The king nodded. "She also told me that she could not tell me, that it would cost her her life." That's when something hit him. "Father, how did you know that her father would have been happy to know that she wanted to find out about her Sayian-jin blood?" The king smirked.
"I think that I know who her father was, but I was unsure. I had heard of a story of a halfbreed born on Earth that lived by the ocean, but I didn't think that it was true until I realized that my friend Millepco had gone to Earth a little over eighteen years ago, the same age as Bulma. He knew that she was pregnant and asked her to come with him to Vegeta-sei, but she refused. She was not aware of herself being pregnant at the time. He had told me that she was not human, this he was sure of, but that she had secret that she kept even from him. She said almost the same things that Bulma has said to you. If you look in the legends book in our royal library then you will find your answer. It tells of the legend that I have told you now, but it has more to it." Vegeta nodded and his father left him to his thoughts.