Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mysterious Depths ❯ Chapter 9

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Bulma frowned as the third guy came out. He looked like all the rest; big men with little brains, though some of them had different heights and hair lengths they all looked the same.
'I wonder where Vegeta is?' She looked down the long line of males that waited for the chance to battle her. 'This is gonna be forever to beat all their asses.'

Vegeta finally found the chapter he was looking for. It was the story of the mysterious creatures known as Mer-people.
I stood by the hidden lake and watched as our sun left the sky. This had always been my favorite spot for it brought me comfort. As I sat there I heard a woman's voice. The words she sang were exactly how I felt at that moment on the waters edge.
"Close your eyes tonight and wish upon a shooting star! Watch it fly into a million points of light!
Every promise, hope, and prayer becomes a jeweled star! And I believe deep inside my heart that fate will lead us on!
I've broken free from a cold wave of doubt... But I don't know why I am crying..."
It was such a sad melody, but it helped me and from that day forth I heard that song when I went to that lake until one day it happened...
She appeared from the lake. I thought that she was an apparition as she was so beautiful. Her hair was a deep navy, almost black in the night and her eyes, oh they were so clear. They were a bright green that almost looked white they were so light! She looked at me and smiled before diving back into the water. I then realized that she had a tail that matched her eyes in color. Then I remembered all the tales of people from Earth that told stories of Mer-people, half fish and half human. This was not my first time seeing her, we met almost every night after that, then one night there was girl there next to the water. Her eyes were blue and her hair was black, but I knew it when I saw her, this was my mermaid. When I asked her she smiled secretively and nodded. We were married from that day...
-Prince of the Tuffles
Vegeta frowned at this bit of news, but what he read next shocked him.
I saw her on my trip to Earth, she was the most beautiful creature for a human, but she was also the most secretive. She had long blue hair and her eyes were like the ocean that she lived next to. We fell in love almost immediately and then I bonded with her, which it turned out was a mistake. She would not leave her home for mine. She said to me that she had been allowed on out when she had turned ten and then when she turned eighteen, but being out was not the freedom she wanted. She wanted to go home, back to her country. I was devastated, but I wanted to know one thing. Why did she always disappear every other day and who was the woman that looked out from the sea with the lavender hair. She told me that she could not tell me even if she loved me as much as she did for if she told me then her life would fade. That night we made love one last time and we ended up conceiving a child, though she does not know this yet. I will not tell her even though I would like to see what this child would be like... That night though I was to learn her secret. I followed her to the ocean that night without her knowledge. I watched as she walked into the sea and then I saw a lavender tail! It was what the humans called a mermaid! My mate was a damned mermaid! That was her secret that she said would cost her life. I called her on it the next day and she admitted to it. Said that it was okay for me to find out on my own as long as she did not tell me. If she had told me herself she would have been turned to bubbles on sight and she was not ready to die, so she did not tell me. I was hurt and that much of man to admit it so I left her and went back to Vegeta-sei where I slowly began to die from the bond.
-Hulirie, Elite Sayian-jin of Vegeta-sei
Vegeta frowned at what the men had written. This meant that Bulma was a Mermaid halfbreed! He got up and ran to the arena where the contest was being held.

Bulma gasped as one of the men landed a punch in her gut, but quickly recovered as she ran at the man.
'Only one hundred men left!' Bulma thought as she threw the large man to the ground and turned to face the next one. Suddenly the voices in the stands began to buzz as Vegeta stepped into the arena and walked to the back of the long line. "Vegeta," she whispered happily as she fought her next opponent. A few short hours later she was down to the last five men, the last one being Vegeta. Bulma was starting to feel the burn of a long days battle and even though none of the men were an actual challenge some had managed to hit her, one actually drew blood. Her fury traveled up her body, this one was actually pissing her off. He had managed to drag her to the ground as she was not paying attention to him. Vegeta watched as the man that now lay atop Bulma licked her neck His energy began to rise making the three Sayian in front of him move out of line and withdraw from the contest. Bulma frowned in disgust.
"Little woman," he whispered in her ear. "We will have so much fun." Bulma pushed the offending man off her as she glowed yellow for just a second at the same time Vegeta burst into golden flame. Gasps of shock filled the arena as their prince turned Super Sayian, but not before the king spoke up.
"Seems that there are two Super Sayians!" Everyone, including Vegeta, looked over to see a golden haired Bulma blast the other Sayian in the heart making the man fall limp. Vegeta entered the ring as some servants pulled the dead body off to the side.
"Well, Onna, it seems that you will be the first half breed that achieves Super Sayian and I will be the Legendary." Bulma nodded. "But Onna, I will let you in on a little secret when I defeat you."