Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, For Pete's Sake! ❯ The Reunion ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Oh For Pete's Sake!

By Shasta

@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~ @~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Disclaimer: I own nothing!!! I don't even own the idea for this fic! It belongs to the godly SaintMe. Permission has been asked to use this plot and the characters SO DON'T FUCKING SUE ME!!!

A/N: Hi-diddly-ho, people! Shasta here! Since SaintMe's decided to take a break from fiction writing, I've taken it upon myself to write the long awaited sequel to her brilliant ficlet 'Oh For Crying Out Loud!'. I asked permission before starting this project, so dun flame me, okay?!

This is based off the epic work of the almighty Saintme and I give her full credit for this fic!

Now, let the madness begin!!!

@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@ ~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Chapter 1- The Reunion

~*~*~*~*~

A loud yawn escaped the 24 year old's pink lips as she stretched her muscles and rubbed the sleep out of her dark grey eyes. She swung her legs out of the bed and sat on the edge, running a hand through her untidy brown hair that was a mass of tangles in it's bed-ridden state….

"#Now this looks like a job for me so eveybody.. just follow me cuz we all need a lil' controversy but it'll feel so empthy without me!!!!!!#"

The all-too-familiar sound of her roomate's singing alerted Layla to her senses. She groaned inwardly, mentally cursing her roomate as she groped about on the floor for something to wear. Soon, she had settled on a simple black singlet and snug-fitting jeans. She glanced at herself in the medium length mirror, wrinkling her nose at her reflection.

Layla was certainly not ugly, but she did'nt feel that way.. Her hair was chestnut brown and cut just under her ears, in untidy, flattened spikes. Her skin was extremly pale and gothic, making her look frail and malnurioused when teamed with her petite frame. Her lips were full and extremly pouty, a silver hoop set dead centre of her bottom lip. She drew her lip in, deciding not to dwell on her appearance any longer…

Walking out of her bedroom, her mouth began to water at the smell of pancakes cooking on the stove. She walked towards the kitchen and sat down on a bar stool at the worktop.

"Morning!" Layla's roomie said happily, her back to her as she flipped pancakes in the pan. One managed to get stuck to the ceiling….

Layla laughed as she looked up at the newly-decorated ceiling. "Bakajaro…"

The younger girl grimaced and turned around, running a hand through her bright red mass of hopelessly spikey hair. "Damnit.. that's the second time that's happened!"

Layla shook her head at the pretty 16 year old. She was so unlike Layla in terms of appearance. Her hair was an endless mass of wild spikes, cut to her collor-bone and dyed a deep, deep fire engine red. Her eyes were dark green and seemed to twinkle in the morning light flooding in from the kitchen window. Unlike Layla's petite frame, the red head was extremely toned and curvy, her figure suiting her height perfectly.

She was dressed in just a simple pair of Smiley Face boxer shorts and a cropped black tank top under a blue robe that was left open at the front. Layla would never admit it, but she was almost jealous of how pretty her roomate was….

"Hungry?"

Layla blinked, dragged from her train of thoughts by the sound of the red head's voice. "Huh? Oh! Ya! Course! I love your cooking, Shasta-chan!"

The young red head grinned sheepishly. "My cookin's not THAT good!" she peeped modestly. Layla shook her head. Suddenly, her eyes went wide. She pointed to the stove, were the pancake pan had suddenly caught fire.

Shasta screamed and grabbed the fire extinguisher mounted on the wall.

"Me and my big mouth…" she sighed in exasperation……….

*~*~*

Layla slumped down on the sofa, relishing the feel of the soft leather on her skin. She grinned and picked up the tv remote, flicking through the channels untill she found the one she wanted.

She grinned. The Cell Saga episodes! "Hey, Shasta! Ya boyfriend's on tv!" she yelled. Shasta came running like a shot into the living room and jumped on the sofa, eyes glued to the screen.

"Oh, Trunks…" she sighed dreamily, her eyes becoming far away and floaty. Layla shook her head. Shasta always did have a thing for bishonuen… She looked at the screen. It was the episode were Goku sacrificed himself…. Her smile faded a little when she saw Vegeta onscreen.

<He looks great…. Man… I wish I could see him again.. in the flesh…> she thought bitterly to herself..

No sooner had this thought run through her head when the tv suddenly flickered to static. Shasta almost fell over in shook. Her eyes widdened and she inched closer to the screen, unable to believe it when she saw the 'snow' flicker across the screen, the signal completely lost.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!! BRING BACK MY TRUNKSIES!!!" she practically screamed, raking her hands to her hair as she exploded into an anime-style panic attack.

Layla shook her head. "Relax, bakajaro! Probably a glitch in the main circuit hitter….I'll go check it out…"she got up from her seat and walked into the kitchen, pulling the toolkit out of the cubboard under the sink. She then walked through the living room and out onto the balcony deck, were the switchbox was located. She proceeded to open it up and narrowed her eyes at the assortment of wires and switches before her….

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE!!!!"

Layla almost fell over in fright. She blinked and glanced around. That was obviously Shasta who had screamed. She closed the switchbox and stood up, dusting off her clothes.

"Shasta, you see a spider or something?"Layla called, walking back into the apartment. She found the young redhead crouching behind the sofa, trembling in fear.

"L….L…Look…!!"she squeaked in terror. Layla blinked and looked over at were she was pointing…

….Her jaw dropped……

(A/N: Good place for a cliffy, ja ne? ^-^ Don't worry! I'm not THAT evil!)

"Ugh….. where are we?" came an instantly recodnizable voice from somewhere near the tv.

"How the hell should I know, Katarokk?!?! YOU'RE the one who used Instant Trans-Location!!"

"Uuuum….. Dad, Goku? Look… we're not alone."

The 3 Saiyens stood up and dusted themselves off. Layla stood, frozen to the floor, staring unblinkingly at Vegeta. Shasta bite her lip and tugged on Layla's pant leg like a scared child.

"Is it safe?"

Layla smiled. "Yes, itchiban! Come out! You don't have to hide!"

Shasta came out from behind the sofa and grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head in a pose uncannily similar ot Goku.

She looked over at the 3 Saiyens standing in her vicinity, wrinkling her nose at the sight of Goku. "GAH! They just HAD to bring Bakarokk along too?!" she snorted, folding her arms. This sudden outburst caught the 3 Saiyen's attention, causing the young red head to fall over in shock.

Layla shook her head. "Hoi….Shasta, you're an idiot.."

The young redhead suddenly caught sight of Vegeta and grinned devilishly, tugging on Layla's leg. "Ooooh, Layla! Lookie! It's your Monkey Lover!" she teased, causing Layla to blush to the roots of her hair.

"SHASTA!!!" she yelled.

Goku's eyes widdened, a wide grin spreading across his face.

"Layla?! LAYLA PARKER?!"

Layla laughed sheepishly and nodded to him. Before she could react, she was lifted off her feet in a bonecrushing hug. "Waah….Can't….breeeeathe…"she choked.

Goku blushed and let her go, grinning in a dorky kind of way. "Sorry!" Layla laughed and placed her hands on each of his cheeks. "How ARE you, ya big lug?" Goku simply grinned at her…

In the corner of the room, Vegeta stood, tall and proud, watching the scene with one eyebrow arched. He looked over at Layla. She was certainly not as he expected her to look, but he was'nt disgusted or disappointed. If anything, he found her even more attractive than before. Her real body suited her perfectly and he was fighting the urge to go and talk to her… but what could he say? They had'nt seen each other for 3 years…

"Ummm…. Miss?" a soft, somewhat grainy voice came from near the sofa. Layla glanced around to see Mirai Trunks, looking extremly confused, kneeling by Shasta, who was passed out on the floor, an insane looking grin plastered across her face.

Vegeta walked over to Mirai Trunks, glaring at him. "What on Earth did you do, boy?!" he growled. Trunks grimaced. "I did'nt do anything! I just reached down to help her up and…she fainted…"

Layla had to laugh. "Hoi…." She took one of Shasta's hands in her own and gently tapped her palm. "Shasta? Shasta, wake up sweetie!"

But still, the young girl slept on, looking ever so slightly demented with a big grin plastered across her face…..

~*~*~

"Ummm… so.. h..how did you guys get here?" Shasta queried, sitting crosslegged on the sofa with a mug of herbal tea clasped tightly in her shaking hands. Vegeta snorted and folded his arms, jerking his head towards Goku, who was sitting on the floor, grinning as usual.

"Ask him, onna!"

Shasta pouted. As much as she admired Vegeta, she had to admit he was such a big headed jerk at times…

"Vegeta! Be nice! If Layla's any judge of character, Shasta HAS to be a nice enough young lady!" Goku said, flashing Shasta the world famous Son Grin ©. Shasta glared at him. Ever since he'd decided not to return to earth after sacrificing himself in the Cell Saga, she had always hated Goku. In fact, she hated anyone who would abandon their family at a drop of the hat…

"I don't need you defending me, Katarokk…" she muttered. Luckily, Goku did'nt hear.

Trunks rubbed the back of his head. "Well, the last thing I remember before ending up here was the flash of yellow light.. 'Felt like I was being dragged by an invisable force…" He looked over at Vegeta. "Did you feel anything like that?"

Vegeta simply snorted and folded his arms. Shasta resisted a mad urge to slap him across the face…she glanced over at Trunks. Her eyes ran over his spandex clad figure, taking in the chiseled muscles…..the BULGES…. Damn! That spandex sure left little to the imagination!

<If he's this fine in spandex, imagine what he'd look like without it!> she thought, her face flushing pink. Trunks caught her gaze, giving her a puzzled look. Shasta giggled and turned away, a small smile playing on her face.

Layla looked over at Vegeta. She took a deep breath and sat next to him. "Vegeta….? Um….. How have you been?"she said nervously, trying to think of something to say. "How do you THINK I am woman?" he growled low, his face flushing slightly. As if he'd show affection towards her in public. Layla was shocked. She shook her head at Vegeta and turned to walk into the kitchen, not letting him see the hurt in her eyes.

Shasta glared at Vegeta. "You asshole!"she spat at him, getting up and following her friend into the kitchen.

Layla was sitting on a barstool her head in her hands. She did'nt appear to be crying, but Shasta could tell she was mighty close to it.

"Layla?"Shasta said quietly, sitting on the stool beside her. Layla looked up, her eyes watering. "I thought he'd change… after all we'd been through… after that night… God, why do I always have to get my hopes up?!"

Shasta pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back soothingly. "Don't expect much of Vegeta, honey…he can be such a jerk.. as far as I know.." Layla sniffled and wiped her eyes. She gave the red head a weak smile.

"Yah…. He's just being a typical hardass…"

Shasta grinned. "No shit, Sherlock!"

Layla had to laugh. She stood up and dusted herself off. "You're right…. He's just afraid to show emotion, I suppose.."

Shasta arched her left eyebrow in her trademark expression. "From what you told me of that night in the piano room, he was Mister Sensitive.. in more ways than one!"

Layla face faulted. "SHASTA! Shut your mouth, you hentai!"

Shasta put her index fingers to her cheeks in a kawaii pose. "What?" she said innocently. But Layla could see right through her. She rolled her eyes and leaned against the worktop, running her hands through her hair.

"Idiot…. Now… problem. 3 Saiyens. One fridge that's barely full…"

Shasta grimaced. "After that pancake disaster, I dunno if I can cook again!"

Layla rolled her eyes again. "Looks like it's pizza tonight." Shasta grinned. "Yay!"

~*~*~

A few hours had passed and the 2 girls had quickly ajusted to the 3 Saiyens sharing the apartment. A mountain of pizza boxes cluttered up the kitchen and the dogs seemed have more table manners as the 3 Saiyens inhaled their food.

Shasta stared unblinking at the sight before her, pizza slice halfway to her mouth, eyes wide in shock. She had NEVER seen anyone eat like THAT in her entire life. She glanced over at Layla, who seemed to think it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Thish ish delisish!" Goku said, his mouth full of Hawaiian pizza. Shasta wrinkled her nose at him. He was by far the messiest eater of the 3, his face covered in pizza sauce, his mouth an endless black hole that seemed to hoover up anything in sight.

Shasta snorted and tossed her untouched slice of pizza to the minuture huskie puppy that sat at her feet, begging her with coal black eyes. "Here you go, Chloe-chan…I've officially lost my appitite.." she said, patting the dog on the head as it happily munched on the pizza.

Trunks gulped down some milk and made sure his mouth was'nt full before he spoke.

"So, Shasta? Are you and Layla related?"

Shasta's eyes suddenly darkened. She hesitated before answering, unsure of what to say…

"I've known Layla my whole life. Her family and mine were very close….." she bowed her head, a sign that she did'nt want to press the sugject any more. Trunks gulped. He had brought up a touchy subject, he figured. He watched as the young red head excused herself from the table and walked out onto the balcony, the huskie puppy following her in curiousity..

Layla shook her head. "I appoliguise for Shasta….. you see…. When she was younger, her parents passed away. I took her into my home as she had nowhere to live…" she glanced over her shoulder at the double glass doors leading onto the balcong.

"She's like a little sister to me.."

Trunks bowed his head. "I…did'nt know.."he said quietly, guilt overcoming him. Had he known that a simple question like that would raise so many touchy subjects, he would'nt have said it in the first place…

"You know, I've just realised.." Shasta's voice sounded as she walked back into the kitchen, holding her puppy in her arms; "There's only 3 beds in the apartment… My own, Layla's and the fold-out in the living room."

She looked noticably happier and if Layla did'nt know better, she could've swarn there was something of an evil glint in her emerald green eyes…

~*~*~

Layla growled to herself as she spread a third blanket on the fold-out bed for Goku. She could have KILLED Shasta for annoucing the sleeping arrangements. Goku would sleep on the fold out, Trunks would share with her and Vegeta would share with Layla.

The demented red-head even had the nerve to hook them up with nightclothes, which were nothing but boxer shorts that both girls owned.

"I'm sure none of you would be too comfortable sleeping naked!" These were her exact words. Yes, slow, agonizing death for Shasta, Layla thought bitterly.

"Hey, Layla?"

The chestnut haired girl blinked, pulled from her thoughts by the innocent, carefree voice of Goku. "Yes, Goku?"

The raven haired Saiyen smiled and looked up at her from under the blankets, a hand reaching up to gently grasp the ring in her lip. "Why do you have that hoop in your lip?"

Layla instintivly drew her bottom lip in. She gulped. He was surely disgusted at her. Faking a smile, she shrugged as she answered his question. "This is the real me, Goku… why do you ask?"

Goku shrugged. "No reason… I just did'nt expect you look like you do.." and with that, he turned on his side and soon drifted off into a peaceful slumber, the chubby grey cat in his lap purring softly. Layla did'nt know what to think. "… I just did'nt expect you look like you do.." Those words effected her deeply. She shook her head and sighed, deciding not to dwell on it. It was late and she needed her sleep.

Turning on her heels, she walked down the hall, passing the purple door covered in 'No Entry' and 'Top Secret Alien Base: Do Not Enter' signs leading into Shasta's huge bedroom. She chuckled to herself, wondering how long it would be before Trunks came running out, screaming in terror….

She soon reached her own blue bedroom door and walked inside. Vegeta was no where to be found. Shrugging, she changed into a pair of baggy pajama bottoms and a pink sleeping tanktop. She gazed at her reflexion in the mirror.

"… I just did'nt expect you look like you do.." Goku's words rang clear in her mind. She shook her head. <No-one's perfect..> she thought to herself…

"Vanity.." A gravelly voice came from the ajoining bathroom door. Layla turned on her heels to to Vegeta, clad in only a pair of snug-fitting black silk boxers, leaning against the door frame. Layla narrowed her eyes at him, a strange feeling of anger rising within herself.

"Fuck you, Vegeta…."

Vegeta's expression changed to that of puzzlement. "Woman, what is YOUR problem? I've done nothing!"

Layla growled. "EXACTLY! Geez, after 3 years of no contact, you'd expect a better greeting!"

Vegeta reached out to take her hand, but she pulled away, giving the Saiyen prince a look of utter loathing. "Just leave me alone, Vegeta…." She muttered, a note of pain in her voice as she pulled back the covers of her queen-sized bed and got in, turning on her side with her back to Vegeta.

The Saiyen prince mentally cursed himself. He had so wanted to kiss her when he first realised who she was… Damn it! Why did he have to be so cold hearted? WHY could'nt he express his true feelings in public? He shook his head in defeat and got into bed next to her.

"I'm..sorry…" he mumured, but Layla did'nt seem to hear. She was already fast asleep, an angry scowl twisted on her face even as she slept…

"GAH! Remind me to beat the living hell out of that baka in the morning!"Shasta groaned, removing her ear from the wall that seperated her room from Layla's. Trunks lay under the covers, clad in a pair of dark blue -and-white stripped boxers. This did'nt really bother him much, as it was more comfortable than the clingy spandex jumpsuit he had worn earlier. What DID bother him was the fact that the girl lying next to him barely seemed to notice her state of undress. She was dressed in a tight pair of sleeping hot-pants and a white t-shirt that stoped an inch above her belly button and hugged every single curve.

Damn, how was he going to control himself when he had this beautiful woman lying next to him?!

"Huh?" He said, vaguely aware that she had said something.

Shasta blinked. "Did'nt Bulma tell you about Layla?"

Trunks shook his head and sat up in bed. "Not really…"

Shasta rolled her eyes and leaned back against the pile of pillows, her arms behind her head which caused her t-shirt to hitch up a few inches. Trunks blushed, but she did'nt seem to notice.

"Let's just say there's a lotta sexual tension built between Layla and Pineapple Head. He obvious wants her, but she's being the egotisitical lil' bitchlet she always is…" The red head said, letting out an annoyed sigh.

Trunks scratched his head. "She does'nt seem like a bitch to me.."

Shasta rolled her eyes again and moved one hand to rest on her stomach. "She has her moments…"

Trunks shrugged and lay back down against the pillow, turning on his side to get a better look at the young red-head. "How old are you?" he asked out of the blue. Shasta blinked, wondering where this was going. "I'll be 17 in about two weeks from now.."she said slowly. Her answer seemed to please the lavender haired teenager as a small smile graced his lips.

"How long have you lived here with Layla?" he questioned. Shasta's eyes became dark and forbodding. She turned away from him. "10 years…. Since my folks died…"

Trunks mentally punched himself. He always had a bad habit of putting his foot in his mouth. Shaking his head, he reached out to take one of her hands in her own. She recoilled slightly, but let him hold her hand after relaxing a little.

"I'm sorry…"

Shasta smiled weakly as she pulled the fluffy, white huskie pup into her lap. "It's okay…. Let's just get some sleep, okay?"

~*~*~

END CHAPTER 1

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@ ~@~@~@~@~@~

A/N: Sooo…. How was it? Good/ so-so/bad/ crap/wish I would crawl into a hole and die? Well then click the button and tell me, damnit! Chapter 2 is comin' at'cha soon, so stay tuned! >^_^< ^_~

: ¨)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*'&middo t;-» *~Shasta~*

Collector Of The Mystical Troll Dolls