Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, For Pete's Sake! ❯ Shopping Spree! ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Oh, For Pete's Sake!

By Shasta

@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~ @~@~@~~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Disclaimer: *sobbing hysterically* I DON'T OWN DRAGONBALLZ OR ANYTHING SHOWN HERE!!! *jets of water pour from eyes as she sobs Mihoshi-style*

A/N: Chapter 2 now up! ^-^ Thankies very mucho to Jen (SaintMe) for being so damn cool with me writing this! *bows* WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~ @~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Chapter 2: Shopping Spree!

~*~*~

Silver moonlight poured in from the uncurtained window, casting a soft, shimmery glow upon the bed. Shasta lay on her side, unable to sleep. She looked over Trunks as he slept, a soft, purring snore escaping his lips. She reached out her hand and twirled a lock of of his silky, lavender hair around her finger, savoring the silky smoothness, her fingertips just barely brushing against his forehead.. He looked so peacefull in his sleep, like a small child. All lines of worry and strife seemed to disappear and he appeared to be a normal, 17 year old boy.

"Quit it, Shasta.." she told herself, frowning slightly. She sat up and gently moved Chloe, her 6 month old huskie puppy, out of her lap. She then carefully inched out of bed so as not to wake them both. Tip-toeing across the wooden floor, she quietly crept out of the room.

No sooner had she closed the door behind her did Trunks sit up, rubbing his head were her fingertips had touched him, blinking in confusion…

The young red-head made her way down the hall and into the living room. Goku was curled up happily on the couch, Shasta's chubby grey cat Bizkit curled up next to him, her purrs a soothing lullaby for the bulky Saiyen.

Shasta half-smiled at the scene. As much as she hated Goku, she had to admit he had his moments…

She walked to the end of the room were a large, wooden book shelf took up most of the wall. She stared absently at the book spines untill she found the one she desired. Pulling a black, leather-bound photo album from the shelves, she seated herself on one of the over stuffed armchairs and began to flick through the glossy pages.

Her eyes became sad and teary as they lingered upon one picture in particular. It showed a man of Japanese origin, his hair pitch black and styled in untidy spikes, just like Shasta. He was smiling, his emerald green eyes appearing to twinkle in the picture. He had his arm around a woman with long, flowing red hair in layered locks that hung down her shoulders.Unlike the man, she was American looking, her skin richly tanned and her eyes dark blue. She had one arm around a young girl of around 6 that was unmistakably a young Shasta.

Her hair was tied back in two cute ponytails and she was smiling too.

Shasta trailed her fingers along the images of her father and mother. Salty tears began to fall from her eyes and she slammed the album shut.

From the shadows, Trunks watched her, a painfull feeling growing inside him. His fists clenched by his sides involentarily as he took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He braved a few steps towards her, not knowing wheither or not he should go comfort her…

"Momma… Papa…. I miss you so much.." she whimpered, her face buried in her hands as she cried softly, fresh tears falling from emerald green eyes. Trunks paused at this. So it was a photo of her parents she was gazing at, he though…He shook his head and braved a few steps more. "Shasta?" he whispered softly, hoping to catch her attention.

She did'nt appear to notice him. By now, the demi-Saiyen was supprised she had failed to notice him. He walked towards her and kneeled down so that he was level with her face.

"Shasta? Do you wanna talk about it?" he whispered. Shasta looked up this time. Her eyes were pleading and wet with tears. Without blinking, she leaned forward and clung to Trunks in a needy hug, crying softly into his shoulder.

"Hey, hey… it's alright….Shhh…."he cooed, trying to calm her down as best as he could. She clung to him as if her very life depended on it, crying into his shoulder. All too soon, she had cried herself to sleep.

Trunks shook his head and picked her up in his arms, cradling her close to his chest. He walked down the hall and back into her bedroom, were he lay Shasta down on the bed. Her eyes flickered open momentarily and she gazed up at Trunks with sadness in her eyes. He smiled weakly at her and climbed into bed next to her. She immidiatly curled up in his arms, shaking as she tried to cry, but no tears fell.

Trunks held her close, rubbing her back soothingly as he tried to ease her pain…..

~*~*~

Layla rolled onto her back and stretched her arms over her head. She tried to sit up, but found a large, muscular arm wrapped around her waist, preventing her from doing so. She sighed in annoyance and elbowed Vegeta sharply in the ribs. He grunted and rolled over on his back, giving Layla the chance to get out of bed.

Grabbing a tartan mini-skirt and a cropped tank top from the floor, she exited her room and head straight for the bathroom to change.

"Morning, Lay-"

SLAM.

Shasta shrugged and continued preparing breakfast. She reached over to turn on the radio. "#You say,I should do it differently.
I don't necessarily agree. Stand up! Sit down! Be nice! Did ya hear me ask for your advice?#"
she sang along to Kelly Osborne, not noticing the angery cursing coming from the bedrooms.

Vegeta growled as he stalked out of the bedroom, holding his head in annoyance and almost walking right smack into Trunks. "DAMNIT, WOMAN! TURN DOWN THAT WRETCHED MUSIC!!!" he yelled over the noise.

Shasta ignored him for now, singing louder and clearer than before. "# Shut up! Don't want to hear your voice.Shut up! I'm sick of all the noise.There's nothing you can say to me, So get away from me. Shut up!#"

Vegeta growled again and stomped off to the balcony, cursing under his breath. Trunks held his hands over his ears and walked into the kitchen. He tapped Shasta on the shoulder, causing her to jump several feet in the air.

She turned off the radio and grinned sheepishly. "Oh, sorry! Did I wake you up?"

Trunks chuckled and rubbed his ear. "Yeah… but I was gonna get up anyway.." Shasta giggled and went back to her cooking. "Pineapple Head awake?" Trunks blinked. "Huh.? OH! You mean my Dad! Yeah, he's awake..and pissed."

The redhead gulped. "Damn…. I did'nt wanna piss him off…" She sighed and shook her head. "Oh well..Go tell him breafast's ready." Trunks nodded and went off in search of Vegeta. Just then, Layla stepped out of the bathroom, her hair hidden under a black bandana, dressed in a tartan mini skirt and cropped tanktop. She pulled on her boots and grabbed the leashes for the dogs, which made them jump about like crazy.

"I'm taking Chloe and Bee out for a walk." She said coldly, ignoring her roomate's protests. She crossed the hall and opened the front door, letting herself out. Shasta sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Mmmmmm……. Chichi… I liiiike it…."Goku mumbled happily from his place on the couch. Figures. Not even a rampaging hippo could wake up the raven haired Saiyen. Shasta's eyes widdened.She walked into the living room and promptly punched Goku in the gut. His eyes shot open and he yelped in pain. "OW! Shasta, why'd you do that?!" he yelled, pouting and rubbing his stomach.

Shasta snorted. "You don't wanna know.."

Goku's eyes suddenly lit up. "Is that fried bacon I smell?!" he peeped happily. Shasta face faulted. Trust Goku to take an immidiate interest in food…

Trunks and Vegeta returned a few minutes later and took seats either side of Goku at the worktop-come-bar area.

"Where is the onna?" Vegeta grumbled through bites of egg and bacon. Shasta sighed and leaned against the counter. "By the looks of it, I'd say she's getting away from YOU, Monkey boy!"she growled, pointing her spatula at Vegeta.

Vegeta glared at her. "Why is she avoiding me so? I have not done anything to spite her."he said, folding his arms. Shasta returned the glare. "EXACTLY! How dumb to you think you are?!"

Vegeta narrowed his eyes, his cheeks flushing in his anger.

"You no good, insolant-"

"Dad, shut up." Trunks growled at him, "Besides, I think she's got a point."

"I do! The fact that you haven't done anything to her is the problem."

Vegeta growled again and stood.

"I'm taking a shower." he mumbled to them before shutting the bathroom door.

Shasta shook her head. "I swear, that guy is such an asshole!"

Trunks snorted. "Tell us something we don't know!" he said sarcastically. Goku whimpered, staring lustfully at Trunk's plate of sausages. "Hey, Trunks? Are you gonna eat that?"

~*~*~

Layla sat down on a park bench, running a hand through her hair as she watched the huskie puppy and her Yorkshire terrier roll about on the grass, playing Play Wrestle. She smiled as she watched them, her mind wandering back to the house… the 3 Saiyens.. alone with ….SHASTA as a caperone. She laughed, wondering if the apartment was still standing.

Suddenly, it hit her that the guys had nothing to wear other than what they arrived in. She shook her head and whistled. The dogs came running up to her, panting and yapping happily. Layla clipped their leashes back on and walked out of the park.

"Looks like we'll have to go shopping…"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Back at the house…..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Shasta stared in awe as Trunks and Goku wolfed down their food like lightning. They both insisted on having multiple helpings of her cooking and right now, they were both on their sixth.

"Mmm! Thish fod ish delishish!" Goku said through a mouthful of egg. Shasta blushed to the roots of her hair and giggled sheepishly. "My cookin's not THAT good.." she said.

Trunks gave her a thumbs up. He tried to speak, but then again, he'd always been thought not to speak with his mouth full. Shasta got up and put her plates into the dishwasher. She glanced up at the calender, her smile faultering slightly. Today was the aniversery.. almost 11 years to the day..

Trunks noticed the look of hurt in her eyes. She tried to hide it, but the lavender haired teen knew she was torturing herself. He was about to say something when Shasta strolled out of the kitchen. "I'm gonna go get changed…" she mumbled as she disappeared down the hall.

Trunks craned his neck to watch her, earning a playful nudge by Goku.

"You like heer!"Goku said, grinning slyly. "WHAT?! No, I don't!" Trunks cried, a tell-tale blush spreading like wildfire across his face. Goku laughed and shook his head. "Kids…"

Trunks laughed sheepishly and bowed his head low as he finished eatting.

15 minutes later, Shasta emerged from her room in a pair of baggy stonewashed jeans and a cropped purple t-shirt that ended just under her breasts, worn over a light blue tube top that ended an inch below her belly button. Studded leather bands adorned her wrists and her hair was tied back into two spikey ponytails, save for a few limp strands of hair that hung down either side of her face.

Trunks' jaw dropped slightly, causing Shasta to grin shyly. She was about to say something when the sound of dogs barking signalled Layla's return.

"Wheee! Layla's back!" Shasta squealed, running to open the door. She was greeted by Chloe jumping up into her arms and licking her face.

"Hahaha! Stop, Chloe! That tickles!"she squealed.

Layla let out a soft chuckle. Vegeta came in from the balcony. As soon as he saw Layla, he opened his mouth to speak, but the chestnut-haired woman silenced him.

"Get your shit together, Vegeta. We're going shopping."

Shasta's eyes lit up. "Oh yay! A shopping spree!" she squealed, bouncing up and down. Vegeta sighed and shook his head. He did'nt want to piss Layla off any more than she already was so he reluculently agreed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

20 Minutes later…..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"HELL NO! I'm NOT letting you drive my Caddy!" Shasta practically screamed. Vegeta had to agree with Shasta on that note. From what he had experianced the last time they had been in a car together, Layla was a manic on the road. He shook his head and leaned back against the baby pink leather in the back seat, sighing heavily as he listened to the two girls bicker.

"Oh, fuck you then! I'll just go ride my Harley if it'll mean you'll stop being such a wuss!"Layla growled, stomping off to the corner of the garage to retrieve her Harley.

Shasta grumbled and hopped over the door to the driver's seat. "Like I'd EVER let her drive my baby!"she grumbled, turning the key in the ignition. She started up the engine and backed out of the garage.

Next stop..

The mall!!

~*~*~

Layla pulled up in the parking lot of the mall. She released the kick stand and dismounted her bike, pulling off her helmet and running a hand through her hair. She sighed and chained her bike to the rails. She leaned up against the wall and began to wait for her roomate.

Soon enough, the '59 pink Firebird Caddilac convertible pulled into the parking lot several minutes later, the pale pink flames on the side glinting in the early afternoon sun.

In true 50's fashion, Shasta hopped over the door rather than open it. "Hey, Layla!" Shasta waved to her roomate. Layla nodded curtly. The three Saiyens piled out of the car and looked up at the 3 storey building that was the mall.

"So what's the food court like in this place?" Goku said, rubbing his hands together. Shasta almost cried with annoyance. "You baka! How can you be hungry still after six helpings of my cooking?!?!?!" she shrieked at him.

Goku grinned sheepishly. "But I'm still hungry!" he whined.

Needless to say, Shasta promptly smacked him across the face.

Sadly, it did'nt do much damage…

"Okay.. we'll split up and meet at the food court in an hour or two, okay?" Layla said, glancing around the lobby were there were endless rows of shops with enormous windows.

Shasta nodded. "Sure no prob-KATAROKK, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!" she yelled, catching Goku as he tried to sneak off to a candy store. Goku gave her his best puppy face, which only resulted in yet another slap across the face.

Shasta grabbed him by the ear and dumped him at Layla's feet. "Bakarokk goes with you and Vegeta." She growled and before Layla had a chance to protest, the young red head had siezed Trunks by the wrist and dragged him up the escalators.

"Remind me to kill that little shit…"Vegeta growled. "Shut the fuck up Vegeta…" Layla groaned, her back to him as she walked over to a biker shop, not noticing the look of hurt flash across Vegeta's face momentarilly.

Goku shook his head. He'd never seen anyone say something to make the Saiyen prince feel hurt. He patted Vegeta on the back, only to have his hand shrugged way.

"Get lost, Katarokk!"

Goku sighed. This just was'nt his day….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Elsewhere…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Um… I don't think this is my style, Shasta…" Trunks said, arching an eyebrows as the redhead pressed a black string shirt to his chest, nodding her approval. She giggled at him and hid her face in her hands to hide the blush on her face.

"Aaaw, but Trunks! You have a great body! Don't be afraid to show it off! Now go get changed!"she peeped, shoving him towards the changing rooms. She had managed to drag him into a metalhead shop, ignoring his blantant protests as to what she picked out for him.

She leaned against the wall, frowning at the closed door in front of her, were Trunks was probably butt naked behind. She had to smack herself to keep from giving into her urges and peeping through the crack in the door.

She giggled to herself. She got to dress Trunks! Could this day GET any better?!?!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"No, Goku! Don't touch that! VEGETA! PUT THAT DOWN!!" Layla wailed, trying frantically to prevent the 2 saiyens from breaking anything. Foolishly, she had brough them with her into a crystal trinket shop and they both decided it was more fun to play 'Hot Potato' with an ornate crystal chalice than to obey the blantant 'Do Not Touch' signs.

"Ahem… are theses yours?"

Layla groaned. A snooty sales assistant was holding Goku and Vegeta by the ear. They both looked very sheepish and scruffed their feet on the ground. Layla dragged them both out of the shop and sat down on one of the benchs dotted around the mall. She groaned loudly and ran her hand through her hair.

"You two are UNREAL! I feel like I'm babysiting you guys! And for FREE! I SHOULD BE PAID TO PUT UP WITH THIS BULLSHIT!!"she screamed, causing both Saiyens to flinch.

"We're sorry, Layla! We were just looking!"Goku said, flashing her the puppy face. Layla massaged her temples and leaned back against the bench. "Remind me to buy a six pack of Prozac…."she groaned, shaking her head….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Back in the metalhead shop….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Shasta laughed whole heartedly as Trunks strutted his funky stuff in front of her. He laughed too and struck a pose. Out of all the outfits she'd picked out for him, he liked the one he wore on the best. It consisted of a pair of black baggy jeans that hung loose on his hips, a dark blue t-shirt with the 'Quicksilver' © logo on the front and a black hoodie with the 'Nirvana Smilie Face'© on the back.

He smiled at Shasta. There was just something about hanging out with her…. She was'nt like other girls Trunks knew. She was easy-going, funny.. cute… No.. he could'nt get attached. Just enjoy your time… live each second as if it was your last.. Wasn't that what his mother thought him?

"Let's go pay for your clothes and head to the food court."

Trunks followed her up to the pay counter, were an african-american guy with a long, beaded beard cut the tags off Trunks' clothes so he could wear them out of the shop. Shasta paid the guy, who grinned and took her money happily.

"Come back again!" he said in a thick, Jamacian accent. Shasta grinned and walked out of the shop with Trunks, each carrying three backs of clothing.

"Shasta?" Trunks said, looking at the red head.

"Mmm?" she replied, looking around for a sign of Layla and the others.

"Thank you.. for the clothes an' all. You really did'nt have to this.."Trunks said, a soft blush flashing across his face. Shasta turned to him and grinned. "Sure I did! 'Could'nt have you going around in sweaty clothes for all the time you're here, now, can I?"

Trunks chuckled and rubbed the back of his head. "Guess not…"

They both walked along the rows and rows of shops, untill they reached the escalators. "Okaaay.. the food court's on the 3rd floor.."Shasta started, but was cut short by someone yanking sharply on her arm. She squealed in alarm and raised her free hand to slap the offender.. but when she saw who it was, her face pailed.

"JOHN?!"Shasta screamed in terror as she looked up into the harsh, coal black eyes of the tall, menacing man.

John smirked under his mop of untidy, brown hair. "Shasta! You found yourself a boyfriend, I see!" he growled low. Shasta blushed slightly, but refused to let this creep intimidate her.

Trunks narrowed his eyes. "Let her go!"

"Fuck you, buddy! I need to talk to her."

Trunks held Shasta by her other arm. "No way, man! Let her go!" he felt an overwelming urge to protect her come to the surface.

"What the fuck are you doing here, you bastard?! I though you we're in lock up!" Shasta whimpered, her voice showing her inner fear. John smirked. "Got out last week. Just wanted to see how you an' Layla were doin'."he said casually, one hand rubbing his unshaven chin. Shasta paled further when her roomate's name left his mouth. Although Layla had'nt told her much about John, she knew he was dangerous…

"Uhhh… s..she's fine! She's even got a new boyfriend!"Shasta whimpered, trying to find the courage to stand up to this creep.

John's eyebrows arched in surprise. "Reeeally?"

Trunks blinked. "Yeah, really?" he said, completely lost. Shasta elbowed him quickly in the ribs. "Um, yeah! He's really strong too and if you lay a finger on her-"

Shasta was cut off by John's sadistic laughter. "You tell her I'm in town. I'll be seeing ya later, bitch."he growled, before slouching off in the opposite direction. Shasta looked as if she was going to faint. Trunks put an arm around her and rubbed her arm were John had grabbed her.

"You okay?"

The red head nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine….. Trunks, promise you won't tell Layla about this? Please? It's the last thing she needs right now."

Trunks looked at her. She seemed so adament to keep this secret. He nodded and removed his arm from around her shoulder rather reluculently. "I promise….. come on. If we don't get to the food court soon, Goku'll put it out of buisness!"

Shasta had to smile. Good ol' Trunks. Always one to cheer the other up….

~*~*~

Layla stared blankly at her untouched chicken salad before her. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. It had taken a lot of patience to get Vegeta into some decent civilian clothes. She looked over at him, dressed in snug, faded jeans and a white wifebeater under a black silk shirt that was left hanging open. He was lost in reading a magazine about fighting doujos, oblivious to Layla's stares.

Layla shook her head and let her eyes wander over to Goku, who was gazing up at the glass ceiling, lost in his own little fantasy world. She had been surprised at how easy Goku was to dress. He sat in front of her, dressed in a pair of simple, blue denium cut offs with orange trim (A/N:Surprise, surprise.. ¬_¬ ') and a short sleeved white t-shirt with the slogan 'I'm A Genius' written on the front in blue letters.

"Hey, guys!"

Layla looked up to see Shasta and Trunks arrive at the food court. She smiled weakly at them and and leaned back, running a hand through her hair. She smiled at Trunks. "Nice trends, Trunks! Shasta obviously has good taste!"

The red head responded by blushing feverishly and rubbing the back of her head.

Vegeta looked up from his magazine. He glanced over at his son, nodded his approval and went back to reading.

"I like your clothes too, Dad.." Trunks said sarcasticly as he sat down in between Shasta and Layla.

Layla shook her head at Vegeta and rose from her seat. "Whatever…I'm gonna go see Mom.."

Trunks blinked. "But I thought…." He said, not really coming out and saying it. Shasta smiled. "She's talkin' 'bout HER Mom. Everyone calls Mary-Anne 'Mom'." Trunks scratched the back of his head and grinned. "Oh…"

Vegeta looked up as Layla took her leave. "Where are you going, onna?" he questioned, but Layla ignored him as she disappeared into the crowd.. "She's gonna see her mother, Vegeta."Shasta said, leaning back on her chair.

"Her mother?"

Shasta nodded. "Well yah, but she's also gone to see her confident."

"Should we go after her?"Goku questioned. Shasta shrugged. "Let her go. She has her own issues to take care of….."

~*~*~

End Chapter 2

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@ ~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~