Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, For Pete's Sake! ❯ A Picture Tells A Thousand Words ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Oh, For Pete's Sake!

By Shasta

*~*~*

Disclaimer: See the last two chapters, dumbass! I don't own jack shit!

A/N: Weeeell, here's chapter 3 for your own enjoyment! Flames, reviews, suggestions an' all that crap can be left in the review box. I'd also like to point out that my name's NOT SaintMe, Kid Rock, Cheryl Crow or Christina Aguilera, so don't sue me, alright?!?!?!

Now, read on and don't forget to review!

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@ ~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Chapter 3: A Picture Says A Thousand Words

*~*~*

Shasta sighed to herself as she pulled into the parking lot of 'The Moonlight', a bar owned by Layla's parents, located just outside of town. The young red head cut off the engine and leaned back in the driver's seat, running a hand through her hair.

Despite pressing the issue that Layla was fine, the 3 Saiyens had insisted they followed Layla. Now it was almost 9pm and they both had come to the bar that Layla loved so much. The air was heavy with smoke and the strong smell of alcohol. A band of 3 girls and a guy were belting out tunes at the top of their lungs, but no-one seemed to care. They were just too drunk or too lost in conversation to notice the music.

"Shasta! Howdy!" came soft, Texan-accented voice from behind the bar. Shasta grinned at the sight of Mary-Ann, Layla's mother and owner of 'The Moonlight' bar. At first glance, you would'nt know the woman was Layla's mother.

She was very young looking for her age, with a head of light brown hair that was tied back in a french plate down her back, save for a few wispy strands hanging in dark grey eyes. She smiled at the redhead, then glanced over at the group of Saiyens.

"Hey, Shasta! Who're the guys?"she queried, with a suggestive raise of her eyebrow.

Shasta grinned. "Trunks, Vegeta..Goku.. this is Layla's mom Mary-Ann!" she said, pointing them out as she said their names. The older woman smiled. "Nice to meet y'all!" she said. Shasta took a seat between Trunks and Vegeta at the bar and rested her elbows on the smooth wood.

"Have ya seen Layla?"she asked. Mary-Ann chuckled and jerked her head to the left. "She's over talkin' to Chris, dear." She said, pointing over to a booth in the corner. Sure enough, Layla was there, sitting on the table, in a deep conversation with a skinny man of around 23 or so who had short black hair swept up in spikes atop his head, one hand caressing Layla's cheek.

Vegeta looked as if he could explode with rage. Trunks sensed the hostility and gripped his father by the shoulders. "Relax, Dad! I don't wanna get throw outta here!"

Vegeta growled and sat back down at the bar. He turned to Mary-Ann. "Gimme tequilla and lots of it, woman.." Shasta scowled at him. "Vegeta, be nice!" she shook her head and smiled weakly at the older woman. "He's not exactly the friendly type.."she said, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. Mary-Ann laughed.

"I've seen worse, honey."

Shasta laughed and glanced over at Layla…

"Chris, why do I keep shutting him out?" Layla said, letting out a frustrated sigh. The raven haired man smiled up at her. "Aww, Layla, sweetie! You're afraid of a good thing. Listen to me. This guy is not another John. Don't let that put you off."

Layla took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She smiled softly. "I guess you're right…" she glanced over at Vegeta. "Say, Chris? Can you do me a favor….?"

Shasta applauded as the band finished the remaining chords to the heavy rock ballad. They bowed and walked offstage, taking seats around the bar. "So, Shasta? You gonna grace 'The Moonlight' with that angelic voice of yours tonight?" Mary-Ann teased. Shasta looked up from her glass of peach shnappes, her face flushed in embarassment.

"Well… uh… I… uh.."she stuttered.

"You sing?" Trunks questioned curiously, his eyes twinkling. Shasta turned even redder. "Yes…"

"Well, go on! Go for it!" Goku said, nudging her playfully. The red-head glared at him. "You are SO gonna pay for this, Katarokk!" She swallowed back the rest of her drink and walked towards the stage.

Mary-Ann banged a glass down on the bar, getting everyone's attention. "Ladies an' gentl'men! 'The Moonlight' bar is proud t'present the one..the only.. SHASTA!!"

The crowd suddenly erupted into wild cheering. The red-head soon let go of her intital stage fright and waved to the audience. She sat on a bar-stool in the centre of the stage, holding a microphone to her lips. Soft, gently piano chords began to play as the music resounded around the bar. Everyone fell silent..

"#Everyday…is so wonderful.. but suddenly… it's hard to breathe..#" her voice was clear and completely in tune She sang gracefully, without a stutter and everyone watched her, not daring to speak or move.

"#Now and then… I get insecure.. from all the pain… I'm so ashamed….#" The music began to slowly build up and Shasta began to sing louder and clearer than before…

"# I am beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring me down, no no oooh… Don't you bring me down.. today..#" Soft drums began to play and the lights suddenly brightened. Shasta closed her eyes as she got lost in the feel of the song, unaware of the pair of ice-blue eyes that watched her from the bar…

"#To all your friends, you're delerious… so consummed.. In all your doom mmmmm…. Tryin' hard to fill the emptiness… the pieces gone, left the puzzle undone.. yeah.. is that the way it is? And you are beautiful, no matter what they say.. Words can't bring you down, no, no oh.. you are beautiful no matter what they say, Words can't..bring you down no no ooh.. don't you bring down today.#" The backing singers began to strike up as the music swelled.

"#No matter what we do… no matter what we say… the sun will always shine… every single day..#" Shasta's voice climbed higher as she neared a high note.

#"No matter what we doooo oh! No way! No way! Noooo!!! And we are beautiful, no matter what they say! Words can't.. bring us down no no ooh and we are beautiful in every single way. Words can't bring us down, no no no…#" The song faded down to a few gently piano chords as it reached it's climax.

#"Don't you bring mee doown… today…no no oooh.. yeah yeah yeeeah.. don't you bring me dooown… mmmhmm…todaaaay…#"

The song ended and the crowd exploded into wild cheering and hollering. The young red head took a bow and ran off stage towards the bar, blushing to the roots of her hair. She giggled sheepishly and hid her face in her hands.

"Wow! That was amazing, Shasta!" Goku exclaimed, patting her on the back and almost knocking her off her feet. She smiled and glanced over at Trunks. The lavender hair Saiyen simply stared at her in awe, his mouth hanging open slightly, eyes wide.

Shasta drew in her lip to keep from laughing and waved a hand in front of Trunks, snapping him from his trance. "You don't close your mouth, a bug will fly in!"she said, shaking her head. Trunks grinned sheepishly and rubbed the back of his head.

"Heh… you were sensational. I had no idea you could sing like that!"he said, with true amazement in his voice. If Shasta thought she was blushing now, the feeling had increased ten-fold. She gave Trunks a peace sign and turned back to the bar, hiding her tomato-coloured face. Vegeta rolled his eyes at her, downing his 10th shot of tequilla. "Not too shabby, onna.." he mumbled, staring at the empty shot glasses before him. Shasta chuckled weakly. "Thank you…"

Just then, the sound of chords from an acoustic guitar caused the Saiyen prince to look towards the stage. Layla was sitting on the bar-stood, mic just inches from her lips, holding a guitar in her lap. The man who she was talking to earlier was sitting next to her, also with a guitar. If Vegeta felt like getting drunk before, it was nothing to what he was feeling right now. He groaned and grabbed the tequilla bottle from Mary-Ann's hands, drinking it down in one go…

Layla cast a nervous, sideways glance at Chris. The raven-haired man smiled reassuringly and waited untill he heard the familiar chords of her guitar cue him to start the song.

"Living my life in a slow hell. Different girl every night at the hotel. I ain't see the sun shine in three damn days. Been fueling up on cocaine and whiskey. Wish I had a good girl to miss me. Lord I wonder if I'll ever change my ways. I put your picture away. Sat down and cried today. I can't look at you while I'm lying next to her. I put your picture away. Sat down and cried today. I can't look at you while I'm lying next to her."

Layla moved forward in her seat and took a deep breath.

"I called you last night in the hotel. Everyone knows but they wont tell. But their half hearted smiles tell me something just ain't right. I've been waitin' on you for a long time. Fueling up on heartaches and cheap whine. I ain't heard from you in three damn nights. I put your picture away. I wonder where you've been. I can't look at you while I'm lying next to him. I put your picture away. I wonder where you've been. I can't look at you while I'm lying next to him."

Vegeta looked up the minute her voice sounded over the speakers. Her eyes were locked directly on him. She took another shaky breath, gulping softly as she became aware of Vegeta's eyes upon her..

"I saw you yesterday with an old friend."

"It was the same old same 'how have you been?'"

Chris and Layla's voiced melted together.

"Since you've been gone my world's been dark and gray."

Layla leaned back for a moment so Chris could sing his next line.

"You reminded me of brighter days."

"I hoped you were coming home to stay. I was head of the church."

"I was off to drink you away."

Again, they're perfectly harmonized voices joined, Layla's eyes never leaving the prone form of Vegeta, hoping that her singing would tell him all he needed to know.

"I thought about you for a long time. Can't seem to get you off my mind. I can't understand why we're living life this way. I found your picture today. I swear I'll change my ways. I just called to say I want you to come back home. I found your picture today. I swear I'll change my ways. I just called to say I want you to come back home. I just called to say I love you. Come back home."

Soon, the last notes from the guitar faded away and Layla snd Chris's joined voices died down. The audiance burst into applause once again. Layla smiled. Nothing compared to the thrill of singing her heart out onstage… especially when she was singing to a certain someone..

"LAYLA! That was AWESOME!" Shasta cried, flinging her arms around her roomate. Trunks and Goku both gave her a thumbs up. "Great job!" they said in perfect unison. Vegeta on the other hand, remained silent, his eyes never leaving Layla.

She had been singing to HIM, had'nt she? He remembered back to their last night together, when she had played the piano… he remembered the emotion etched across her face… the way she looked at him when he held her in his arms..

"Layla, sweetie, a'int ya gonna introduce me?"came a male voice from bhind Vegeta. He turned sharply to see the man Layla was conversing with earlier. He growled low in his throat, fighting back an urge to tear him a new belly-button.

Trunks and Goku both gulped and stepped in between him and Chris, hoping that a blood bath would'nt endure.

"Sure! Chris, you know Shasta! And that's Goku, Trunks and Vegeta."

Chris grinned and shook hands with Trunks and Goku. He did'nt bother to do so with Vegeta. As a matter of fact, he was nervous at the meer sight of the rogue Saiyen prince…

"Well, I'm gonna head back the apartment…"Layla said, running a hand through her hair, her only thoughts that Vegeta obviously had'nt been effected by her singing. Shasta pouted and folded her arms. "Layla, don't be like that! Stay here!"

Suddenly, the red-head got a brainwave. An evil smirk flashed across her face and she leaned into whisper something to Mary-Ann, who laughed and handed her a set of keys.

"In that case, we'll meet ya back at the apartment!" she said knowningly, dangling the keys absently on her finger. Layla arched an eyebrow and laughed. "Aaaah.. I see…Well, pick me up something good then!" and with that, she walked off out the front door.

Vegeta growled furiously at the young red-head. "BAKA! Why did you do that?!?!"

Shasta rolled her emerald green eyes. "Follow her, dumbass! Me an' the guys are gonna make ourselves scarce for once!" she said, winking. Vegeta arched an eyebrow. His face relaxed into a sly smirk.

"As much as you're annoying, you can certainly be a genius."

Shasta grinned and did her kawaii pose again. "Don'tcha just love me?"

Vegeta laughed and rolled his eyes. He got up from his seat and headed out the front door, making a mental note to thank Shasta after this evening…

Trunks leaned against the bar, looking confused. "What was that all about?" he asked the red head, looking curious. Shasta smirked and ran a fingernail along his chin as she walked past him into the drink store. "Wait and see!"she said, giggling…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, at the apartment….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Vegeta soon made it back to the apartment, to find the door slightly ajar. He walked inside, squinting in the dim light. He closed the door softly behind him and walked through the living room, towards the balcony, were he was greeted with the sight of Layla, cigarette balanced between two slender fingers, staring up at the star-studded sky.

"Hey, there.." she said, tapping her cigarette over the side of the balcony. Vegeta leaned against the concrete balcony an gazed at her. She looked a figure of beauty in the moonlight…. So gracefull and elegant…

"Vegeta?" she questioned, causing the Saiyen prince to snap out of his stumpor. "Hmm?" he said, almost dazed. Layla flicked the end of her cigarette over the balcony and leaned back against the wall, her eyes focused only on Vegeta. "Do you….want to go back to your world?"

Vegeta was caught off guard by that question. Was he really so mean to her as for her to think that he wanted to return?! He shook his head and walked towards her, his arms encircling her waist and pulling her into a tight embrace.

"No…. I want to be with you….. Layla, I appoliguise for my behavior…"he said, but Layla cut him off by placing a finger to his lips. "It's okay… I forgive you.." she breathed, reaching up on her toes to capture his lips in a sweet kiss. Vegeta sighed softly and ran his fingers through her hair, deepening the kiss. Layla smiled against him and nibbled gently on his bottom lip.

The Saiyen prince purred and lifted her up in his arms, carrying her into the living room were he lay her down on the couch and began kissing her neck hungerily. Layla purred and brough her hands up under his shirt to caress his muscular back..

"Hey, Layla, lookit what-AAK!"

Vegeta fell off the couch in supprise as the front door swung open, revealing Shasta and the boys. Trunks grinned slyly. "Guess we came back early, huh?" he said, laughing hysterically. Vegeta grumbled and picked himself up off the floor, blushing feverishly.

"Shut up.." he growled. Layla sat up and fixed her self up as best as she could. She glared in annoyance at the red head and her protage, but her glare changed to a smirk when she noticed that Shasta, Chris, Trunks and Goku were each carrying 2 bottles of alcoholic beverages..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
An hour later…..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"An' she wash so nervish she threw up all ovah hershelf…" Chris slurred, laughing drunkenly as he told the gang about Layla's first time singing onstage at her mother's bar. Layla reached out to slap Chris, but only ended up falling over.

Shasta laughed hysterically and belched loudly as she finished her glasse of Aftershock in record time. She leaned back too far on her chair and fell flat on her ass. She did'nt seem to mind as she only laughed harder. Trunks helped her up and pulled her to him, dancing drunkenly to imaginary music.

Layla and Chris clapped loudly. "Wooo!" Layla cheered, her eyes half-open in her drunken state. Vegeta shook his head in disgust. It took a lot to get HIM drunk… He sighed and slouched off to the bedroom to escape the mayhem.

"Where yoou goin', Vegesha?"Shasta slurred, tripping over herself as she staggered towards him. Vegeta wrinkled his nose. "Hrrmph…" he turned on his heels and walked off..

Shasta shrugged and walked back to the couch. She set down a bottle in the middle of the floor. "Wanna play Spin the Bottle?" she said, grinning cheesily. Goku and the others grinned and nodded their agreement.

"I'll go first!" Shasta squealed as she spun the bottle. It landed on Chris, who pretended to growl and kissed her gently on the lips. He giggled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his head.

"Looks like I'm next.." he said. He spun the bottle, watching as with slowed to a halt… right in front of Goku.

Goku, who was so drunk he could barely see before him, grinned and leaned forward. "Hey, Chichi! Gimme some sugar!"he slurred, mashing his lips against Chris' own. The later did'nt protest, just closed his eyes and let Goku kiss him before he promptly passed out…

Trunks shook his head. "Me next!" he yelled, spinning the green glass bottle around really fast on the floor. It slowed to a halt at Shasta's feet. She giggled, a blush rising on her cheeks, intermingling with the alcohol-induced green tinge in her skin. She was about to lean forward and claim her reward, but at that very moment, her stomach did a backflip. She clamped a hand to her mouth and groaned, turned on her heels and ran into the bathroom.

The sounds of Shats emptying the contents of her stomach into the toilet could clearly be heard.

Layla giggled. "Shasta threw up!" she said, as if it was the most hilerious thing in the world. Trunks groaned and got up from the couch. "It's getting' late… gonna go to bed.." he mumbled, the onsoughts of a hangover beginning to poke at his brain.

"Nighty night!" Chris squeaked, waving cooyly at the young demi-Saiyen., before he too passed out…..

~*~*~

Trunks whinced as he sat up in bed, his eyes clenched shut, one hand reaching up to massage his pounding head. "Oh man… I feel like I just got Kaioken-ed fifty times in the head…" he groaned, leaning back on his mass of pillows. Shasta crawled out from under the sheets. She looked a complete wreak. Her face was pale and chalky and her eyes appeared to sunken into her skull.

She looked up at Trunks and groaned. "My head really huuuurts…" she whimpered, crawling up beside Trunks and resting her head on his chest. He cracked open one eye and looked down at her.

To his relief, she was still dressed in the clothes from the night before, as was himself. He turned slowly on his side to look at her better.

"You okay? You were really puking up a storm last night.."

The young red head groaned. "I can barely remember a thing…. Ugh.. I am NEVER touching alcohol again for as long as I live.." she said, sitting up in bed. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly before getting out of bed and walking into the ajoining bathroom to find the asparins…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Elsewhere, in the room next door…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"NREGH….. Hangover…" Layla whined, crawling out from under the covers. She was in an equal state as Shasta, although her eyes were not sunken in. Vegeta chuckled at stared over at her, shaking his head.

"Wel, you DID drink over 3 bottles of tequilla last night, onna!"

Layla thwapped him with her pillow. "Shut up! Not all of us are aliens who are completely unaffected by alcohol!"she whined. Vegeta laughed and flipped her over on her back.

"Maybe not…But I love you anyway!"

Layla smiled up at him. He was obviously in a much happier mood that before and she did'nt want to spoil it. She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to him and burying her hands in his unruly black spikes.

"Wanna finish what we started last night?"she purred. Vegeta smirked and replied by nuzzling softly on her neck.His hands reached under her shirt to massage the underside of her breasts. Layla smiled and closed her eyes, her headache disappearing almost instantly. She reached up and tugged off Vegeta's white wifebeater, exposing the tanned muscles within.

She opened her eyes and smiled up at him. He was the one she wanted.. the one she desired. She could have no other man, for only Vegeta could have her love. She groaned softly as his thumbs rubbed over her nipples, making them harden at the softest touch. His mouth captured hers in a passionate kiss, his mouth begging entrace. She did not deny him as she opened her mouth and let his tongue explore her.

It felt so right… she needed him now more than ever. Arching her hips, she could already feel his arousal against her. She looked up at him, her eyes telling him all he needed to know. Vegeta smiled against her and slowly removed her skirt, revealing a pair of simple black panties.

(A/N: They fell asleep still wearing the clothes from the previous night…….*shrug* )

He smirked and trailed hot kisses along her neck and and down near the crook of her neck. Layla held him close to her, running her nails up and down his back, feeling the goosebumps rising up on his skin. She reached down to unzip his jeans and pulled them off him, his underwear following suit. Vegeta purred and slipped one hand inside her panties, playing with the small patch of dark brown curls.

Layla lay back and groaned softly at his touch. She closed her eyes, relishing the feeling of his fingers enticing her towards release. He felt what was coming and quickly pulled off her panties with his free hand. He gripped her hips firmly and slowly inched to her, savoring the soft gasps of pleasure he received from his lover. His pace was quick but his thrusts were gentle. He wanted to savor each moment, to make this intimate fusion last forever.

A soft groan escaped his lips as he kissed Layla's neck, breathing in the scent of her hair.

"I..love you..Layla.."he whispered, as he neared release. Layla felt as if she might cry in happiness. She locked her lips with his and arched her back as she too felt her release draw closer. She instintively buried her face in the nape of his neck to muffle a scream of pleasure as she released her sweet juices all over his hardened arousal, thus prompting Vegeta's own orgasm.

He tried hard to suppress his own scream as he released his load deep inside her. Layla breathed hard and held him close to her chest, running slender fingers through sweat-soaked hair. She kissed him softly on the lips and smiled.

"I love you too…Vegeta.." she breathed.

Vegeta smiled down at her and rested his head on her chest, his eyes suddenly becoming heavy. Layla followed suit too as she joined him a peaceful slumber….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Later that day…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Shasta waved from the balcony as the taxi bringing Chris home to his apartment sped off into the distance. The young red head smiled inwardly and leaned back in the hammock, one leg dangling absently over the side as she savored the relaxing, rocking motions of the swinging bed.

It was a beautiful day, without a cloud in the sky. She longed to go to the beach. She craved the feel of wet sand sieving through her toes… the clear blue sea… she sighed and leaned back.

Knowing Layla, it would be a while before she got over her hangover..

"Beautiful day, hmmm?" came the voice of Goku from the double glass doors. Shasta narrowed her eyes at him, but said nothing. She leaned back on the hammock and stared up at the sky, watching seagulls fly over head.

"I'm so boooored.." she whined, swinging in the hammock absently. Goku grinned. "Tell me about it! It's darn hot! I just wanna go for a swim to cool off…"He sighed longingly as he gazed over the balcony to the vast ocean in the distance. Shasta had to smile. He had a point. It was WAY too hot to be cooped up inside a stiffling apartment when she could out riding the waves on her surf board.

"I second that, Katarokk!" she said, chucking softly. Goku smiled. He leaned back on the deck chair and gazed at her, his chocalate brown eyes suddenly becoming stoney.

"Shasta..? Why were you crying? Y'know… the first night I was here… I heard you cry…"he said slowly, noting the pang of hurt flash across the young red-head's face. She turned away from his gaze.

"I..don't wish to talk about it…"she said quietly. Goku nodded. "Well, if you feel the need to open up, my door is always open." He said. Shasta looked up at him. A weak smile graced her face.

"Thanks…..Goku.."

~*~*~

"SHASTA! Hurry up alreadY! Sheesh! It can't take THAT long to change into a bikini!" Layla yelled, pounding on the bathroom door. Shasta had locked herself in there, refusing point blank to come out.

Layla sighed in frustration and ran a hand through her hair. "Fine, suit yourself.. we'll leave without you!"she yelled, getting up and ajusting her dark green sundress. The locks of the bathroom door opened slowly and Shasta popped her head out.

"Layla…. Don't make me wear this…please.." she pleaded, giving Layla a puppy dog look. Vegeta came up behind her and snaked his arms around her waist. "Onna, you have nothing to hide, so just come out so we can head to the beach already!" he siad, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Shasta sighed and took a deep breath. "Very well…" she opened the door and slowly walked out. Vegeta, Goku and especially Trunk's eyes widdened at the sight of her. She was dressed in a soft lavender bikini top with matching short-shorts. The outfit showed off each and every curve without being TOO revealing, but at the same time, it revealed things Shasta did not want it to.

Her arms, back, legs and stomach were all covered in nasty burn marks, red scar tissue clearly visable against her tanned skin. She instintively wrapped her arms around herself and turned away from their stares.

"I don't like this, Layla…."she mumbled. Layla smiled. "You look beautiful, dear! Now come on! Let's get going or the place will be packed!" Shasta smiled weakly and tied a baby blue wrap around her waist. It was Layla's idea for her to wear a bikini to the beach…

"I'm sure Trunks'll like the view!" These were Layla's exact words. Shasta glared at her roomate's back. The first chance she got, she'd hold Layla's head under water..

The gang loaded into Shasta's '59 Firebird Cadillac (A/N: I waaaant that caaaar….*whines*) and pulled out of the drive. Trunks, who sat in the front passenger seat, could'nt keep his eyes in one place. He looked over Shasta's perfect body, ignoring the scars to see a vision of beauty before him. He gave her shy smile and looked away when he suddenly caught her gaze.

He could still remember to last night when they nearly kissed… he leaned back in his seat, shaking the thought away from him. <Damnit, Trunks! Don't get involved! Don't you dare break her heart!> his mind yelled at him. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Damn… THAT was going to be hard…

~*~*~

END CHAPTER 3

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@ ~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

A/N: Uuuuum…………………reviews, please? *puppy eyes*