Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, For Pete's Sake! ❯ Angel Of Mine ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Oh, For Pete's Sake!

By Shasta

@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~~@~@~@~@~@ ~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Disclaimer: Did I mention the kick in the nutsack you'd receive if you try to sue me?

A/N: Chapter 4 now here for your enjoyment! >^-^< Read and review! I'll give you a cookie!

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~ @~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@

Chapter 4: Angel Of Mine

*~*~*

A smirk crossed Shasta face as she watched the huge waves crash against the shore. It was a perfect day to go surfing! She just could'nt wait to get out on the waves and ride a 10 foot kahuna wave. She leaned against her dark green surfboard, breathing in the fresh, salty air of the ocean…

"Um.. Shasta?"

The red-head opened her eyes to come face to face with Trunks. A small blush graced her face at the sight of him. He looked unbelievably gorgeous in a pair of baby blue swimming shorts, his tanned, muscular chest bare to the world, his silky lavender hair hanging loose to his jaw.

He absently thumbed the sea-shell surfer necklace on his neck and smiled. "What…is that?" he questioned, motioning to the surf board. Shasta chuckled. "A surf-board! I take it you've never seen one before?"

Trunks shook his head. "Growing up, I did'nt go to the beach much.."

Layla sat up on her beach towel, watching the pair converse. She smiled to herself and turned to look at Vegeta, who was staring out to sea, lost in though. She drew her lip in as her eyes wandered over his chiseled body, clad in a tight pair of black spandex swimming trunks..

"They make a cute couple, hmm?" she said, tapping Vegeta on the shoulder.

He looked up and turned in the direction Layla was pointing. He shook his head and laughed. "Yes…. But I fear they can not be together…" His eyes turned serious and dark. "Our time here is limited…."

Layla shook her head and sighed. "Don't talk about that, Vegeta-kun… lets just enjoy the time we have…"she smiled and rested her head on his shoulder, a sign that the conversation was over..

"Okay, now pull yourself into a crouching postion.." Shasta instructed as she watched Trunks try to pull himself up on her spare surfboard that was laid down on the sand. He bent his toes to keep from falling off, but it did'nt work... He grinned sheepishly and shook his head.

"I'm never gonna get this right…" he sighed, lying down on the surfboard. Shasta laughed and stood up. She picked up her surfboard and carried it under her arm towards the water's edge.

"Everyone's a beginner at some point, Trunks… why don'tcha watch me for a while? Then you'll have an idea of what to do!"she peeped, before throwing her surfboard down in the water's shallows and lying down on top, paddling out towards the waves.

She continued to paddle before the waves began to rise. She pulled herself into a crouching positon and planted her feet flat on the board as she slowly stood up. She spread her arms out and immidiatly twisted, causing the board to ollie the wave. She landed perfectly and proceeded to ride up and down on the wave, enjoying the sheer adreniline rush of it all.

Trunks sat down on the sand and watched her. He smiled inwardly. It was great to see her happy, doing what she loved. He remembered the first night he had been in her world.. he remembered how sad she looked when he tried to comfort her.. He closed his eyes and lay back on the sand, his arms behind his head. He was unsure what this feeling was… if it was love or pity… He did'nt know..

He sighed and opened his eyes. The things he got himself into…

"AAAAGH!!"

He sat up in alarm, looking up just in time to see Shasta fall off her surfboard. He put a hand to his head and chuckled. "You okay?" he called to her. Shasta's head resurfaced from the waves. She took a few seconds to wipe the water from her eyes and waved to Trunks.

"Yah! I'm fine! Heh! Can't win 'em all!" She laughed, beckoning Trunks into the water. "Come on in! The water's great!"

Trunks stood up, dusting the sand off his shorts. He grinned and took off in a run towards the water's edge, wading neck high in the waves before breaking into a breast stroke as he neared the redhead, who was hanging on the side of her surfboard, her head propped on her arm, looking at him in an amused sort of way.

"Follow me! Katarokk found a cliff to dive off!"she squealed, getting back up on her surfboard and paddling off in the opposite direction. Trunks took a deep breath and dived underwater, following her to a cove cut deep into the rock. He resurfaced and pushed his hair out of his eyes. Looking up, he saw Goku standing on the cliff edge high above, grinning dorkily. He took a few steps back and prepared to do a running jump.

Shasta giggled inwardly. "Trunks, look out!"

Trunks blinked and turned to her. "Huh..?"

SPLASH!!!

The mother of all tidal waves crashed over the two teenagers as Goku landed a cannonball into the water. Shasta was thrown underwater. She blinked and opened her eyes to see a swirling mass of bubbles. Clearing the way with her hand, she looked up to see 2 pairs of legs several feet above her. She was about to swim back to the surface, but something was grasping firmly on her ankle. Thinking she had gotten tangled in seaweed, the redhead turned to untangle herself, but froze in terror..

John was holding her the ankle, a sadistic grin plastered across his face. Shasta reached out to punch him, but he was too fast and in a flash, his hands were around her neck, choking her relntlessly.

Shasta struggled to get free, but her lungs screamed for oxygen and without realising the consequences, opened her out to scream, resulting in the last of her oxygen to escape to the surface.

She felt her eyelids grow heavy as her brain became starved of oxygen. Her arms became limp and she was vaguely aware of John's grip ceasing on her neck… Everything slowly turned to black and she slumped to the seabed…

"Hey, here's Shasta?" Trunks said, his brow furrowing in confusion. Goku grinned dorkily and looked up into the sky. "You don't think the force of that splash caused her to be blown outta the water?"

Trunks sweatdropped. Only Goku could come up with an absurd explaination like that. The lavender-haired teen was beginning to get worried. 5 minutes had already passed and Shasta still had'nt resurfaced. He glanced at oku, unable to hide his concern any longer.

"I'm gonna go under and see if she's down there…"he said, before taking a deep breath and driving down to the seabed. He looked around, taking in the beauty of the multi-coloured corel and vast species of fish as he dived further and further…

He blinked and almost opened his mouth in shock as he stared at the sight before him. Shasta lay on a mass of seaweed, eyes closed in unconciousness, angry red marks on her neck. Trunks raced to her aid and held her close to his chest as he swam like a shot towards the surface. As soon as his head broke the surface of the water, he yelled for Goku to alert Layla and Vegeta.

He swam towards the shore and lay the unconcious red head down on the sand, his head resting on her chest to listen for any sign of breathing. Nothing..

"HOLY SHIT! GOKU, WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?" Layla screamed at the raven haired Saiyen as she came running up to the scene, Vegeta in tow, both looking extremly worried.

Goku flinched. "I only did a cannonball…."he said quietly, rubbing two fingers together sheepishly. Vegeta glared at him, then turned to Trunks. "GIVE HER CPR NOW, BOY!"

Trunks blushed to the roots of his hair, but this was no time to be shy. He nodded and gently parted Shasta's lips. Taking a deep breath, he put his lips to hers and breathed into her. He waited a few seconds, but nothing happened.

Layla was beside herself with panic, muttering incoharently as Vegeta held her, rubbing her back comfortingly. Trunks took another deep breath and breathed into her again, trying desperatly to revive her. Again, nothing happened. At this point, the lifeguard had arrived with an ambulance. Despite everything they did, they could'nt revive the young red head.

Layla glared at Goku. She said nothing, but her eyes told him all he needed to know. She turned on her heels and climbed into the ambulance alongside Trunks, leaving Vegeta alone with the raven haired Saiyen.

"Katarokk.."

Goku bowed his head. "How can this be possible? All I did was a cannonball…. I never ment to drown her!"he whimpered, not daring to look at the Saiyen prince. Vegeta shook his head slowly.

"You took an innocent life.."he said, his voice low and icy. Goku looked up, his eyes full of hurt and sorrow. "Vegeta…. I DID'NT drown her… something happened.. she did'nt resurface for 5 minutes…. When Trunks found her, there were strange marks on her neck.."

Vegeta's brow furrowed. "What are you talking about?"

Goku shook his head. "I think…I think she was held under…"

~*~*~

The morgue was ghostly and eerie, the silence deafening.Goku, Vegeta and Layla sat either side of the table, their head bowed in respect for the lifeless girl that lay on the cold, steel table before them.

Layla sniffled and wiped her eyes on her sleeve. She hardly dared to believe that the girl she once considered a sister was now dead, with no hope of coming back..Vegeta pulled her to him and closed his eyes as he let her cry into his shoulder. Goku rested his elbows on the edge of the table and buried his head in his hands. He was so wracked with guilt over Shasta's untimely death…

Elsewhere, outside in the corridor, Trunks leaned up against the wall, his face hidden in the shadows. She was dead, he told himself. He told himself over and over again, but his mind refused to regiester this information. He wiped away fresh tears from his eyes and looked up at the ceiling, the pain in his chest almost unbarable. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, his knees giving way as he slumped to the floor, his body shaking as he tried to fight back a mixture of tears and nausea…..

~*~*~

Slate grey smoke curled in from under door like some macabre, shapeless ghost. It crepted eerily across the floor, encircling the bed as the 6 year old redhead slept on, blissfully unaware of the danger that lay ahead…

The smoke crept along the bed like a grey, shapeless animal, set on consuming its prey. The young girl's brow furrowed in her sleep…she stirred… Emerald green eyes shot open. The girl sat up in alarm, blinking in the dim light. She noticed the smoke curling from under the door…

Panic siezed her and she held her hand to her mouth as she hopped off the bed and ran to the door, throwing it open to come face to face with scorching orange flames, shooting high up to the ceiling… On the other side, there was another door, this one leading onto a white room, were a man and a woman stood in the doorway, beckoning to her.

"Mama! Papa!" the girl cried in vain, wanting so much to join them…

A voice called from the other side..

"Shasta…face your fears… follow your heart. It is the right path…" Trunks suddenly appeared in the white doorway, his hand outstretched to her. The young girl was no longer a young girl, but a 16 year old woman. She closed her eyes and stepped forward, bracing herself for the flames to consume her body.. but they never came…

She opened her eyes and found herself inside the white room. The man and woman stood nearby, smiling at her.

Shasta turned to the woman, who was the very image of herself with following red hair the colour of blood and piercing green eyes. She smiled at the sight of Shasta and embraced the young girl in a hug.

"Shasta… my child… what are you doing here?"she whispered softly. The man stood by the woman's side, brows arched in confusion

"Mama? Papa?" Shasta said slowly, giving them both questioning looks. The pair nodded and hugged her close. "This is not your time, Shasta…"the man said, smiling in a pained sort of way.

"I missed you guys.." Shasta said, smiling solemnly. The woman kissed the young redhead on the cheek. "We missed you… but we want you to know that we are at peace."

A sudden burst of light filled the room, caused by Trunks suddenly turning Super Saiyen. "It is time for you to return.."

Shasta nodded sadly. "Very well… Moma, Papa… I love you both…goodbye, untill we meet again.."she whispered. The golden light seemed to engulf her body and she waved as her parents slowly faded from view…

~*~*~

It was cold, dark and quiet in the morgue, the only sounds were of Trunks' heavy breathing. He was alone with the dead redhead, wanting to pay his last respects. He leaned against the cold, hard steel of the table, blinking back tears.

His brow was furrowed in a half-frown and a small sigh escaped his lips. "Shasta……. So much I wanted to tell you…. But now I can't …."he breathed, running a hand through her cold, limp hair as he pushed it from her pale, lifeless face. He leaned forward to gaze upon her.

"Goodbye…" he whispered, as he planted the softest of kisses upon her lips…

The young woman's eyelids slowly flickered, opening slowly to reveal emerald green eyes that stared up at the demi-saiyen with wonder.

"Trunks….?" She breathed. Trunks opened his eyes and let out a startled gasp. His eyes grew wide and he stared in shock as the red-head sat up slowly on the table, wrapping the thin sheet around her body. She stared at Trunks, a small smile playing across her face.

"I saw them…"

Trunks blinked. "Who…?"

Shasta hopped off the table and wrapped the sheet tighter around her like a toga. "My parents… I saw them in Heaven…"she whispered. The lavender haired demi-saiyen did not break his gaze from the red-haired teenager. He smiled and gently held Shasta by the shoulders.

"You're alive……….?"

She nodded. "They told me it was'nt my time……. I got to say a proper goodbye.."she whispered, moving closer to Trunks as she snaked her arms around his waist. He blushed feverishly, but did not push her away. He smiled and wrapped his own arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I saw you… in Heaven…." She breathed, one hand reaching up to stroke his hair. Trunks arched an eyebrow. "Really?"

Shasta nodded and rested her head on his chest. "You helped me over come my fears…" she said, in a barly auible whisper. Trunks closed his eyes and rested his chin on the top of her head, his hands rubbing up and down her back tenderly, not wanting to let go.

"Where are the others?" Shasta said, after a long, peacefull silence. Trunks glanced over at the doorway.

"Outside, I think…"

"Then… we'll have to tell them I'm not dead…Trunks…."Shasta said, looking up into his icy-blue eyes. "We have to tell Layla that John is back…"

Trunk's brow furrowed. "What does John have to do-"he stopped mid-sentence, the sudden realization of what had happened sinking in. He cast a startled look at the young redhead, not daring to believe it.

"He.. he held you under, did'nt he?!"

Shasta nodded slowly, but gripped his arm firmly. "Please…. Don't go hunting for him….don't lower yourself to his level…"she pleaded. Trunks looked deep into her emerald coloured eyes and nodded slowly. He took one of her hands in his own and smiled.

"I'm so glad you're back…" he breathed. Shasta smiled and leaned into him as they walked silently out of the morgue….

~*~*~

Layla stared in shock at her roomate, not only unable to believe she was alive but also in disbelief of her revelation that John was back on the streets again…….

"….And that's what happened." Shasta finished telling her tale. She cast a wary glance at Goku, who was still looking guilty as he leaned against the wall of the living room, trying not to look at her. Shasta shook her head and turned to Layla.

"Don't worry, Layla…John won't lay a finger on us again if we have 3 big, strong Saiyens to protect us!" she peeped, striking a kawaii pose. Vegeta smirked at this.

"I see you're back to your normal self, onna.." Shasta smiled and gazed into her mug of tea. "I guess…"She let out a loud yawn and rose from her seat. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight…. Layla? Don't worry too much about John…. If he tries anything, we'll kick his ass!"

Layla smiled inwardly and nodded. "You're right. Not good to worry too much…." She hugged Shasta tightly. "What matters is that you're okay… goodnight, dear.."

Shasta smiled and hugged back. She waved goodnight and walked into her bedroom, changing into a short, clingy pink nightdress and crawling into bed. She snuggled down under the covers and smiled to herself.

Her parents were at peace and watching over her always. Now she could finally rest easy knowing that they were in a better place…

"Huh?"

Shasta did'nt know how long she'd been asleep, but she was suddenly awakened by the feeling of strong arms winding around her waist. She turned on her side to find that Trunks had wrapped his arms around her in his sleep. She smiled and leaned towards him, resting her head on his chest. She smiled to herself as she slowly drifted off to sleep…

Trunks was deffinatly her favorite pillow…

"Shasta…?" Trunks mumbled sleepily.

"Yes?"

"Sweet dreams…"

~*~*~

END CHAPTER 4

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~~@~~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@ ~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

A/N: Hoi..that was a hard chapter to write…. It prolly sucked, but I'll try an' make it up to you guys on the 5th, okies? >^-^<