Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Only One ❯ Fading ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


Vegeta unclasped his belt and stood with his fists against the window watching the green earth becoming no bigger then his thumb

"Now what?" Trunks undid his belt also and stood behind his father.

"We destroy it." Vegeta went to the back and open a hatch that sat on top of the ship. Trunks stayed by the window with a heartless expression watching the glow of a ki blast be thrown to the Earth. The planet erupted in a red glow then busted into pieces. The ship shook by the force sending the rocket faster into the dark.

Vegeta powered down out of his 3rd form and climbed down from the ladder. He went over to his son. Vegeta paid close attention to his son's expression…there was none.

"Let us train."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Training without mercy for 23 hours straight. Both of their anger past through them as their power was almost evenly matched but only because Vegeta was holding back.

Every few times a tear slid from the boy's eyes from the mental pain of his own bond with his mother. His mother was dead. Didn’t that also mean a part of him was dead? The part of him that loved, that cared, that laughed, that smiled.

But that part was gone because of one stupid mistake. It was all her fault. Trunks suddenly powered into a Super Sayian. And punched relentlessly into his father. Vegeta just let him. It was about time the boy came out of hiding. After letting his boy have many hits on him to let his rage vent, Vegeta hit him once in the back of the neck knocking him into unconsciousness. Trunks fell from his level of power as he hit the ground.

Vegeta picked up his son and carried him into the back room. He laid him down then pulled a sheet over him, grabbing himself a chair to sit and watch his cherished son. Vegeta studied his chest rise and fall in a hypnotized manner. [Onna…why did you do this? I do not know how to raise a brat all by myself. I am a warrior not this father thing you always tried to get me to be. This is a female's job. Not mine. You upset me, do you know that? I am angry with you. I hope you see the torture you are putting him and I through while you are gone to a world I will never be. I hate you. I swear to you, I hate you.] Vegeta brushed a few strands of hair away from his son's face then got up and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

"Up, boy." Vegeta leaned against the doorway, arms crossed, and scowl apparent.

Trunks groaned as he slowly sat up, "What did you do that for?" He held in head in agony.

"Watch your tone, boy. Come, eat."

"I don't want to." Trunks turned his back to his father, tightening the covers over him.

"I do not care. You will eat. You have not eaten since we left that mud ball planet a week ago. Your training is being effect. Now, get up and eat." Trunks threw off his covers and stood then fell heavily to the floor. He glared up at his chuckling father. "See? I thought you knew this by now. When a Sayian does not eat they become weak. Now get up and do as you are told." Vegeta stomped away to the kitchen.

Trunks followed, using the wall to support him. He roughly sat down and ate what was given to him. "So what are we going to do now?"

"Rule the universe. Simple enough." Vegeta sat across from him, watching his son's expression. There was none. He mentally shook his head in shame. The old Trunks was gone. The sweet, innocent, child was now a bitter, angry, young warrior. "We will first destroy the planets left in this quadrant. There are 12 and none of them are needed. Then in quadrant 2 there are 21 planets. I am not familiar with these planets so we will stop on each one and see if there is anything we need. Then destroy them. Quadrant 3, there is nothing. In quadrant 4, it is where Vegeta-sei once was so we will stay in that quadrant. There are 54 planets, many we may need."

"And after that?"

"We will be free from the Earthling's hold."

[Mom…that's why he's doing this. Father, you were never good with emotions…this is your fault. You shouldn't have died mom. I hate you. I hate you for leaving us.]

Trunks nodded his head in agreement. He wanted that too. He didn't want to feel this way anymore. And if destroying planets along with millions of lives was the way to go then fine. He would follow his father every step of the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

They past by unsuspecting planets, and blew them up without the slightest thought. Vegeta did not allow his son to assist a planet's destruction. He was much too fragile right now. Vegeta decided to wait until they land to allow him to start killing. It would be easier that way.

He watched his son train alone. It was the middle of the night. Trunks had no idea anyone was there. He raged on, words of hatred toward his dead mother poured forth from his once sweet talking mouth. Rain poured from his sky eyes, dripping on the floor with each kick, punch, and power ball. Vegeta closed his eyes, not wishing to see his child in so much pain, and yet in doing so, he visited his own tormented mind.

Another night of dreaming of her. Those awful dreams of her withering beneath. Her breath on his neck, encouraging him to continue. Her nails digging into his back as she came. Screaming out his name in pure bliss. And then right before she would succumb to that ecstasy only he could give, her body turned bloody and vial. Lying dead in his arms.

Vegeta shook his head opening his eyes to stare emotionless at his son who had just recently dropped to his knees, crying out to that earth god Kami. [Look at what you did, woman. You destroyed him. And me…] Vegeta strutted into the room. Trunks snapped up his head and quickly wiped the tears away, turning away. Vegeta sat Indian style down in front of him. "I am going to teach you to control your anger, boy. Sit like me." Trunks listened to his father. "Now, clear your mind. Focus your mind on one thing. And do not let it be that baka woman." Trunks did.

{Focus on my voice. Gather all your frustrations in one ball. Like you would with ki.} Vegeta showed him a demonstration in his mind, projecting the image off to his son.

{What now?}

{Let it go.}

{Father--}

{Listen to me, boy. Let your ki dissolve it. You will become stronger if you do as I tell you.}

Trunks obeyed telling his ki to wrap up his pain and anger. And for one moment, his body was entirely numb before power surged through him living him breathless. "Holy shit…" Trunks breathed heavily as his body convulsed. He weakly opened his eyes as his mouth opened trying desperately to gain air into his lungs.

"Good." Vegeta stood up. "Go to bed." Trunks stood also.

"What are you doing up anyway?"

"I will do as I please. Now go."

"I'm angry with my mom too. She should not have left us." He walked silently out of the room.

[I agree.]

~~~~~~~````

They landed roughly on a dismal planet. The sky color was a dark purple and the suns giving off maroon light. Creatures slithered upon a million legs, comparing themselves to a caterpillar on Earth but their upper body stood straight up allowing their little legs to wiggle freely in the air. Their twelve eyes mimicked each other, circling the outline of the alien's head. They past by as if unnoticing of the strange trespassers.

Vegeta listened intensely at their language, which sounded like humming trying to see if he knew it. Finally his mind clicked. Vegeta grabbed a disgustingly disfigured creature by the "neck"; he asked in their language, "Take me to you king." He growled, and when it nodded, he released his death grip and watch it scramble to it's feet in fright before quickly slithering in the direction of the king. The 'castle' was basically a huge mountain of dirt with tunnels seeping from every direction.

"Halt." Vegeta turned and glared evilly at it. "Who are you and what do you want?" A giant caterpillar guard questioned while maneuvering himself before the entryway.

Vegeta just smirked and lifted his hand, forming a ki blast but before he could unleash it, a light disengaged itself from his son's palm and ripped into the guard’s chest. Vegeta stared wide-eye at his son for a second then a voice interrupted him.

"Now that wasn't necessary." Vegeta's head snapped to the voice.

"Are you the king?"

"It depends on what you want."

"Your planet."

"Then yes, I'm the king." Vegeta walked up to him and took his stance before it. The creature was probably about 4 feet so Vegeta's eyes averted down his nose.

"Give me one reason why I should not destroy your sickening race."

"We do not have much. But we will be loyal to you if--" Vegeta shot a blast through his chest. He turned back to his son.

"Let us leave." He strutted past him.

"Can we kill first, father?" Vegeta glared back at him in disbelief. He saw the look in his son's eyes. His Sayian instincts were taking over his human side. Those eyes…matched his own. Vegeta shook his head miserably. "But father, we have been traveling on that ship for a month. We are running low on food and fuel."

Vegeta thought for a minute. They were running low. "Fine…you have one hour to get what we need. Then come back to the ship." On his way out the building he heard blasts and screams of agony from those foreign creatures. His son was gone. All that was left was a broken 15 year-old Sayian with no heart. [And I had promised myself I would never let my son become like me. This is all your fault, woman]

~~~~~~~~~~``

Vegeta eyed his bloody son. Of course, the blood wasn't his; instead it was the blood of those hideous creatures. "I got the stuff we need, father." He held up a capsule.

"You're late." Vegeta snatched the pill-shaped object from the boy's hand.

"I am sorry, father." He didn't sound sorry. Vegeta just grunted and walked away. The sight of his son like that caused too much haunting memories. The woman was swimming constantly in his head and the reflection of his mate in the boy's features that were covered in blood just brought too much of her death back into his reluctant mind. He needed to stay away from the boy as much as possible if he were to stay sane for the remainder of his miserable existence.