Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Orange Star High School ❯ Afterglow ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Congrats to Polly and Mitsu Yoru, who were the first to answer on FF.net and Media Miner. Thanks also to all those who have reviewed (now or in the past), even if you weren't offered a prize. Indeed, Piccolo's song was from Neon Genesis Evangelion, or EVA.

Watch Donnie Darko. Now.

This is shorter than I'd like it to be, but I can't really do anything about it. I figure writing those longer chapters earlier might have something to do with it. Oh well… next chapter looks promising.

Chapter Eleven: Afterglow

He smiled as warm hands slid down to his hips. He leaned back into the owner of the hands, enjoying the warm texture of the flesh that had made him so hesitant before.

"Mnh… I've got to go home sometime you know…" He mumbled into the blanket. "My step dad's going to be worried about me…"

"Five more minutes." Piccolo said into the flesh of his shoulder. "You're so skinny…" He said quietly, moving to rest his chin on his shoulder.

"You weren't complaining last night," Vegeta yawned as he sat up, dislodging Piccolo. He looked over his shoulder coyly, as he ran his fingers through his sweaty hair.

Piccolo's arms cinched around his waist as he moved to stand, and yanked him back down onto the bed. He let out a small laugh as he fell back onto his lover.

"Really though, I've got to go home today… if only for some clean clothes."

"I suppose I can live without you for a little while."

Vegeta slid out of Piccolo's grasp and headed towards the small bathroom to wash up. He definitely didn't want to go home reeking of sweat.

"Can I join you?"

"That would defeat the point," Vegeta said, smirking over his shoulder, before shutting the bathroom door.

***(-I-)**(-I-)***

She grabbed another Kleenex as she made her way down the stairs. Her nose seemed to be constantly running these days. She blew hard, trying to rid herself of the annoying drainage, and came to a full stop when she felt something give within her nose.

Pulling away the tissue she saw it was speckled with blood and chunks of a fleshy substance. Her nose ached.

She'd just sneezed out some of the cartilage in her nose….

***(-I-)**(-I-)***

He returned home wearing what he had left in, although noticeably looser after having it roughly tugged off his body. Juunana was going to be pissed… of course the pants already had been hemmed up for him, so he supposed it didn't matter.

He slid the key home, turned the lock, and entered his apartment. The TV was running, but at tolerable level, which surprised him.

Frieza turned and looked at him over his shoulder from his position on the couch. He cocked an eyebrow in askance for his absence.

"I crashed over at Piccolo's house." Vegeta said, tensing slightly out of habit.

"You **did** use a condom, right?"


Vegeta blinked, blushed and nodded. He had thought --- he stopped the thought immediately, not wishing to curse his luck.

"Good, wouldn't want to get a disease or anything."

"I'm going to go hang out at Piccolo's apartment --- if that's okay with you."

"Yeah, go ahead."

He made towards his room, eager to get out of his sticky clothes and into something more comfortable.

"Don't go in there." His father snapped, and he turned immediately to face him. His father's eyes and body were tense, and almost fearful… "One of the higher ups decided crash here last night, so I let him use your room."

"Oh…" He knew he should feel apprehensive that a complete stranger was in his room, and angry that his stepfather should use his room like a motel, but he also knew that the last thing he ever wanted to do was upset one of his father's higher ups. The inconvenience of being unable to enter his room was not worth noting in this scenario.

"This must be your stepson," a deep voice said from behind him, and he turned quickly to the bathroom door.

There stood a large muscular man, smirking down upon him. He wore a nice white suit, with a light blue undershirt. His voice had sounded like an odd blend between a southern drawl and upper crust British accent. His skin was taut over his skull, and his eyes appeared soulless as they stared at him.

He nodded dumbly at the man, whose dark red bowed lips quirked at his mute response. His dark eyes examined him in a way that made his skin crawl as if he'd been immersed in an ice bath. This man made him nervous, and he averted his eyes quickly to the floor.

"You must want to change out of your clothes, go right ahead." The man said in a lilting voice.

"Thank you," He said quickly, ducking into his room and shutting the door. He wanted to lock it, but that might put the man in a bad temper, and this would not be a good thing.

He quickly grabbed a pair of pants and a t-shirt and pulled them on, before exiting the room.

The man was gone by the short time he had returned to the main room, to his relief.

"Who was that?" He asked his stepfather quietly.

"Kold. He's the man I get everything from. He got in a little bit of trouble, and decided to crash over here for a while." His stepfather sent him a look, and he nodded.

He entered his room, grabbed his schoolbooks and shoved some clothes in a plastic sack. Even his stepfather had caught on to the vibes that Vegeta was receiving from Kold, and here was the last place he wanted to be. Piccolo would understand… he'd probably be thrilled, although this was probably moving too fast. If it was, then he could move in with Juuhachi and Juunana.

He left the house, bidding his stepfather a quick goodbye, and knocked on Piccolo's door.

"We've got company," He said apologetically, motioning to his sacks. "They need my room, do you mind if I ---"

Piccolo smirked.

"Absolutely not."

He smiled back and entered his temporary new home.

***(-I-)**(-I-)***

Juuhachi scrubbed at her t-shirt, angrily trying to remove the ketchup from the white shirt. She'd left the shirt to soak last night, and while it had removed some of the stain, there was still a darkened spot on her shirt.

Scowling, she tossed the shirt into the tub. She couldn't use bleach on the stain, it'd wreck the pattern on it. She'd just have to make it into something else.

She sighed and joined her brother who was watching some cartoon on the television. She groaned as she recognized the show.

"Not Vampire Piggy Hunter C AGAIN." She moaned, smacking her head on the back of the couch.

"Chut up." Juunana mumbled.

"Can't you find another anime to obsess on?"

"No."

Juuhachi sighed and banged her head on the edge of the couch.

"So how did your date go? I couldn't make out the growls last time I asked."

"We went to the Hot Dog Hut, he spilled ketchup on me. The next half-hour was filled with his attempt at conversation, which were severely hampered by his drooling." Juuhachi said icily, glaring at Juunana as he snickered.

It was fortunate for Juunana that the doorbell rang, because Juuhachi felt the urge to smack her brother for laughing at her.

She opened the door to reveal Vegeta… who was smiling broader than she'd thought humanly possible for those not supermodels.

"Jesus Christ you're actually fucking smiling!" Juunana exclaimed, jumping over the couch.

Vegeta scowled, but was unable to stop the smile from resurfacing.

"I'm getting my camera," Juunana muttered, running into his bedroom.

Juuhachi rolled her eyes.

"So, you have a nice night?"

Vegeta flashed her that idiotic lovesick smile, and he didn't need to verbally reply.

"And you?"

"I've blanked the events from my mind." She replied. "So where is your beau?"

"He had rehearsal, I told him to come here so he could meet you two."

"So you **did** it last night?"

Vegeta nodded.

"Good for you."

"You act as if virginity is some great burden." Vegeta snorted. "Yet it is so easily lost."

"Mmmh… obviously."

He slapped her playfully on the shoulder.

"Shut up."

"Stay as you are!" Juunana shouted before the bulb of his camera flashed.

"Honestly, Juunana, its not as if I haven't **smiled** before." Vegeta drawled.

"Yes, but now you're wearing the `after-first-time-sex' smile. Its different." Juunana sighed. "But you're not an `artiste' what would you know?" He said dramatically.

Vegeta flipped him off.

***(-I-)**(-I-)***

There was a slam as a living body was thrown into the cool metal of the locker.

"Get out of my way," snapped Jason Brown, a linebacker on the varsity football team, after having shoved David Atkin into his locker.

"I wasn't in your way." David said with a bitter sigh, glaring at the football jersey disappearing into the crowd.

He had discovered in the last six years, that life was not determined by brains, but by popularity. Popularity, for males, was determined by muscle strength. At a pathetic one hundred and twenty pounds, it made him very unpopular.

"Jason's an asshole, ignore him." Someone said behind him, and he turned to look at the speaker.

"No need to tell me." He said gloomily, setting about to re-dialing his code.

"Yeah, but he's just making up for what he lacks in other areas." The guy said cheekily, causing David to smirk.

"Probably."

"I'm Goku Son." The other said, clapping him on the shoulder.

"David Atkin." He replied.

"See you around David." Goku said as he walked away.

***(-I-)**(-I-)***

"You should tell him."

"I can't."

"They're just words."

"Then you tell him."

"You need to be the one to tell him, its your duty."

Silence…

"Some days I hate him, and some days I think its my fault. Some days I think he got what he deserved… and those days I hate myself."

***(-I-)**(-I-)***