Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Planet Vegeta: Final Rewrite ❯ Chapter Twenty-Two ( Chapter 22 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Twenty-Two
By: LMK (LoveMeKags and Co. Productions)
Inspired and Dedicated to: Julesie
Directed by: Kindle Suca (a.k.a. DarkRape) - mostly chapters that say directed by him are only that chapter
 
 
“Speech”
“Thoughts”
“Dream / flashback speech”
“Dream / flashback thoughts”
/Telepathic speech/
Japanese lyrics
English lyrics
 
 
To Reviewers: Thank you for the wonderful reviews. Here's the next chapter. Has another song, but this one is by Megumi Hayashibara. If you've never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, you don't know what this song is about. It's the slower version that must've come later. I saw the original, sucks. Meanwhile, this chapter has more excitement, and a few surprises. Enjoy.
 
To Other Reviewers: Thank you for the wonderful reviews. More surprises in this chapter.
 
To Flamers: If the only time you have is to say things untrue about me, please do not bother to review.
 
If you have questions, comments, or anything else to say about the story, please, feel free to review. I will answer you within the week.
 
To Julesie: Thanks for all your hard work, girl. This chapter has a surprise to you. I know I killed your favorite character, but… I think you want to read on for this one.
 
To Zofo (updates): No real ones. I'm still working at. My head's spinning, so I've taken a break. All the symbols are starting to look similar. Geez. Enjoy this chapter in the meantime.
 
 
 
 
I was so damn depressed. As we stood there, all of us, looking at the casket I had laid Brolli in, the only one of us crying was I. Paragus had showed up, but he seemed more alert to the notion that his boy had died. He frowned upon hearing this, for his boy was the strongest Saiyan at the time. I was so sad. Vegeta was by my side, comforting me, and I had to say he was taking my consideration to heart. Our little chat in the shower had really helped him swallow his pride. However, he was in a wheelchair, only allowed around because it was a funeral. Weddings could be held off, but Brolli meant something to the both of us. He was our first real foe that didn't die easily, who chased after us three - counting three - times to kill us. He had become a close friend as well as a satisfying lover to me. I felt so much guilt.
 
Paragus glanced over at me, recognizing me right off the bat. My tear stained face glared at him with anger. His father had left him on that planet to die when the comet hit. How selfish. “Kakarrot? How are you still alive?” the man spoke. “The comet should've deleted you both.”
 
I smirked a little. “Luckily, it didn't destroy me, Vegeta, or my friends. It didn't even destroy your son. He followed us all the way to Earth.” That was all I was going to say. I didn't want to tell him that my sons dealt with him, I just wanted him to think about that. Brolli could've lived on Earth and changed. We wouldn't have had to kill him. I walked up to the open casket and stared down at his pale form. My prince didn't even move as my lips collided slightly with Brolli's. This is my goodbye, my friend. I'm so sorry you had to suffer like this. “Thank you for loving me, Brolli. Thank you for always being there when I needed comfort most.” Thank you… for what you gave me.
 
I walked away from the casket and sat down at the end of one of their long chairs (what are those things called?) and I frowned. My prince rolled up to me in his wheelchair, a small frown upon his face. “Have you spoken every word you wanted to say?” No. But I would rather say that to his face. I felt that blood that pumped through him stop when I held him in my arms, and I had cried out. He meant more to me than just a friend, but I didn't love him as much as I did Vegeta. I nodded. Lie a little. I wasn't fine. “You are crying.”
 
My eyes widened and I felt my cheek with one hand. He's right. I'm crying. Again. I can't stand it. “He suffered because of me. I should've ran as soon as I had a grip on you, but I stayed and watched that beam come towards me.” He sighed. He placed a hand on my shoulder. I took it and shoved it off. “I deserve no comfort for this, Vegeta. I committed this crime.”
 
“No. You didn't.” I turned to the source of the voice, finding Piccolo there. Huh? “Remember when you risked your life to stop Raditz? I didn't blame myself for killing you, even though you were my enemy. You risked your life for the good of all. You stood up for what you thought you loved. You held deeper feelings for your son than you realized.” I looked down at my clenched hands in my gi uniform. I look like a clown. I came today to a funeral without dressing properly. For your funeral, Brolli. “I risked my life for Gohan… do you think he blames himself?”
 
I sighed. He's right. Brolli just stood in there for me. Piccolo took Nappa's blast and saved Gohan from the evil that man had to give. I just… it's just too hard for me to swallow. The man who I just made the biggest mistake and slept with once again, had gone and saved my life. He had loved me. He loved me so much that he wanted to see me happy, even if it was only with Vegeta. I respected his wish. “Vegeta,” I spoke rather huskily, “starting tonight, our marriage will blossom.” His eyes widened at the mention of this. “Brolli's last wish was to see us happy, but he didn't. So, for his honor, he will at least know that his sacrifice wasn't in vain.”
 
He frowned. “That just makes it seem so dirty.”
 
I scowled. “Not that kind of blossom.” His eyes narrowed, as if he didn't understand. “We are going to start off with talking about our differences. We are going to find a solution, Vegeta. If it kills me, I'm going to make this love work… cause I do love you.”
 
He smiled, blushing a little. “You mean, solve the problems we talked about?” I nodded. He shrugged his shoulders slightly. “Sounds fine.” I smiled. Finally, some resolution. I never thought that I would say this, but I am sort of glad that we came. If it weren't for Brolli's sacrifice, my eyes would've never opened to the truth. “First, what do we do about Freeza?” he asked.
 
I looked at him in confusion. “What? What about him?”
 
His face was one of absolute sarcasm. “Didn't he get away? Aren't you going to chase after him?” I shook my head. No. He'll come after us. “I don't feel like being bait, Kakarrot.” I know, neither do I, but we must. “I don't feel like risking that baby's life.”
 
My mouth dropped open. “The baby.” I stood up as realization hit me hard. “The baby!”
 
Vegeta seemed to think that I was playing around. “He has a name, you know. It's Vegeto.”
 
I frowned. “Freeza was distracting us so he could take Vegeto from the palace.” I raced out of the chapel, not allowing the two who had given me the clue to follow. I entered the palace swiftly, completely avoiding the maid and butlers as I raced for our bedroom. I swung the door open. Nothing. I looked to the side. Nothing. “Please, don't be gone.” I rummaged through the clothes and stuff for our child, and then I checked the crib. A note was laid there.
 
You want your kid back, monkey?
Give me the little prince. I will exchange him for the life of your dear little baby.
Of course, if you don't do this by 12am tomorrow night, I will kill the child and spill its blood all over you while you sleep.
And, I know you, Goku. You wouldn't want you baby's blood all over you when you wake, do you?
If not, I suggest you hand the prince over swiftly.
By the way, his name is little `Geto, right?
Heh heh heh!
 
Signed,
Freeza
 
No. My baby. I crumbled the paper in my hand as hard as I could. “Freeza!” I cried out in pain. He took our baby! This is a ransom note. And, knowing him as well as I do, he might've already killed the child. It isn't worth it.
 
“Kakarrot?” I turned sharply to see my mate walking on shaky feet into the room. His wheelchair was down the hall. He limped into the room with a frown. “Where's Vegeto?” he asked, looking towards the crib.
 
Oh, I can't bear to see his face as I tell him our only son is dead… or kidnapped. “The nurses took over the caring for today. They want you to rest.” I helped him to our bed, placing him on the silken sheets. “They want you nice and healthy, okay?” I have to take care of Freeza on my own.
 
“Freeza's got my boy, doesn't he?” I frowned, looking away with shame. I nodded slightly. He couldn't bear to look at me, his gaze towards the darkness of the other side of the room. “He took my boy… he tried to kill me—“
 
“—and now he wants you back.” I finished his words for him, reading half of the ransom note to him. “He told me that if I didn't give you back, he would kill our child and spill his blood all over me.” I frowned at the mention of it. “What does that mean? What would spilling his blood all over me do?”
 
Vegeta looked at me with narrow eyes. “If you didn't wash it off before it dried, people would think you killed the child. You would be arrested or executed.” His eyes turned back to the dark corners of the room. “I should just go to him. It isn't worth our son's death for this bastard.” I sighed. No. This wasn't how I planned him to react. I opened my mouth to say something once again, but he beat me. “You have to save the child on your own. I'm going to the lizard. I will distract. Don't come back for me. It isn't worth my life if our—“
 
“Shut up! SHUT UP!!!” I screamed. Angry, annoyed, and emotionally torn; I gripped his shirt and pulled him up to face me. “Now, you listen to me! Vegeta, you are a Saiyan prince! You go in there and distract Freeza, he'll steal you away again! Your crown will be ripped from your head and you'll cause your father to grieve! What about me, too!? I'll be suicidal! They'll have to put me in a lockdown facility!” I let your shirt go with ease. My anger slowly dissipated into anxiety. “Don't jump into his arms like an eager lover. Give me a little time.”
 
My prince laid back on the sheets and allowed me to adjust the covers onto his body. I smiled a little. I love how he looks. He's just glowing.
 
“Besides, you have to protect the little one.” I placed a hand over his stomach through the sheets and smiled even wider. His smell nearly intoxicated me as I felt his emotions through our bond. “I've known since I recovered from my heart attack. You're pregnant.”
 
He smiled a little. “Ah, I didn't even know you were in there, little one.” He spoke to his stomach with a soft smile of appreciation. His eyes were sad and depressed. I have to do what I can. I must get our baby back. “I will do it, Vegeta.” He looked at me in confusion, as though he didn't understand. “I will get our child back. I won't let him lay a hand on my boy's body. You hear me?”
 
I made it for the door, opening it with a small frown. “Kakarrot, he asked for me to return. That was small compared to other things he has done.”
 
“You move from that bed and I will kill you. I won't see you in another's arms.” I scowled at him, my face a complete look of darkness. His form froze at the emphasis. “I have worked too hard to show you love that you wish to return to darkness now. I won't let you. You will know what love truly is when I return with our child.” I smiled brightly. “Cause you'll have it in you until the dawn.” I knew I was exasperating, but I will return. I'll be back with our baby, and I will show him my love until he slips into unconsciousness because of it. “Stay here.”
 
“How are you certain that I'm pregnant, Kakarrot?” he asked me swiftly. “I don't have any—“ he froze, holding his mouth, and he raced for the bathroom. Suddenly, those wounds from before became like nothing as he reached the toilet, coughing up stomach acid and whatnot. Morning sickness. Heh. “Damn you.”
 
I left the room without answering his words. I am already damned, my little prince. I can remember what made my life come to me, as an Angel of Heaven. Word that I had long forgotten… I hadn't known where they'd come from until now. A heart of gold…
 
Kanashii hibi ga kaseki ni kawaru yo mou sugu
Anata no sono itami wo nemuri no mori e to
Hisoyaka ni michibi-ite ageru
Oyasumi subete ni ichizu-sugita mayoigo-tachi
Hagayusa ga yume ni shinka suru hi made
 
Namida no kishi de zutto tatazunda kimochi wo
Yasashiku tsutsumu you ni himitsu no kusuri ga
Omoide no oki e to hakobu yo
Oyasumi MORARU ni yogorete-ita yubi mo mimi mo
Kono ude no nake de mou nemuri nasai
 
(Inochi wa mabushii asa wo matte-iru)
Yabureta seisho wo dakishimeru yori
(Itsuka jidai no yoru ga akeru)
Anata yo, inori wo subete
(Inochi wa mezamete toki wo tsumugidasu)
Shizen no RU-RU ni sono mi wo makase
(Soshite hikari ga mune ni todoku)
Kokoro yo, genshi ni modore
 
(Inochi wa mabushii asa wo matte-iru)
Saigo no zange mo kanawanai nara
(Itsuke jidai no yoru ga akeru)
Sekai yo, mabuta wo tojite
(Inochi wa mezamete toki wo tsumugidasu)
Anata no shouko wo sakanoboru you ni
(Soshite hikari ga mune ni todoku)
Kokoro yo, genshi ni modore
 
My foot tracks stalled in the hallway downwards from the King's. I had planned on telling him about keeping track of Vegeta while I'm out, but now that I've heard this, what does it mean? Heart… The words run through me again, but they make no sense. I know that my heart is beating in my chest, telling me that I should do something about Freeza, but a part of me is curious.
 
What was my heritage?
 
I had never looked into it with all the time we spent on here, merely watched as time passed us by. Meanwhile, the more I thought about it, the less I knew. And while usually that would make me calm, a part of me still yearned to learn what a Saiyan was. So far I had grown to respect my elders and their wishes, and when they found out I was the Heaven no Tenshi, they accepted me. I was their Guardian Angel.
 
So, what was my purpose?
 
To destroy Freeza, I figured that was the first thing I had to worry about. Once I knew he was dead at Mirai Trunks's hands, I sighed. I didn't have to fight again. Then, unexpectedly, Cell showed up. The androids would've been a piece of cake hadn't Brolli given me the heart virus. But once I took care of that nasty virus, I faced Cell with curiosity. Was he stronger than me at Super Saiyan? Yes. He was. I had to spend some time training. He told me about the tournament, and he told me that merely ten days would do it.
 
Meanwhile, in my mind, I was panicking. I made up for this by showing everyone my calm, happy side. I made everyone somewhat calm, even knowing that they would be no help. Kuririn seemed to see through my mask, staring right into the fear that was so deeply hidden. He knew I was only holding up for my son and the others to believe everything would be fine. He just folded his arms and pretended to see, understanding.
 
But… once I died taking Cell with me, I watched as my prince suffered in that Hell he called Earth. I watched Gohan go to his high school, make a new girlfriend, and in time, I grew homesick. I wanted to return to them. I desperately wanted to spar with Vegeta. The day of the tournament, I knew that I was no longer an enemy attraction, for Buu had come without realization.
 
What I hadn't expected was Vegeta's backstab! As he transformed and shot his ki at me, I merely had time to move a little. It struck the crowds and burrowed straight through town until people were screaming in agony as its power burned. I stood there, floating in the air, and as I stared at the devastation, I felt… hurt. No one had ever done this to me… not even him! I trusted Vegeta… and that trust didn't fall easily.
 
He knocked me out due to me dropping my guard for one second, and he took off with the last Senzu, determined to destroy Buu. His plan failed when he fell to the thing's wrath. But once he returned, I was his Guardian Angel, like I was born to be.
 
“It's the only way!” I screamed at him. “We have to do Fusion!” I held out my hand with the yellow earring. I knew I didn't want to join with him either, to be stuck in that evil mind that was probably also perverted, but we had no choice. “Come on… what's more important to you?” I whispered. Was your pride worth all this? To watch as the world you once knew fell around you? I would be on my knees, begging for him to destroy the world I loved. That was my home, not some stupid Saiyan planet. But you never noticed.
 
Once I realized that it was no longer my home, we came here… but not before… we made one terrible mistake. We dropped our guard.
 
“I think I know who kidnapped Vegeto, but it wasn't Freeza,” I said to myself. I started to walk off in a different direction when a hand came out and clamped over my mouth. I struggled, but didn't manage to grab the nurse's attention. The person pulled me around the corner, close to his body. How was I sure it was a “he?” His scent was husky and his palm tasted like salt, plus a little mixture of raisin. It couldn't be! I tore away from his hand with wide eyes, gazing at his body. “Brolli…” my mouth gaped.
 
 
 
 
TBC…
 
 
 
 
English Song Lyrics (Kokoro yo Genshi Modore - short version sung by Megumi Hayashibara):
 
I used the short, tango version that was Megumi Hayashibara's song. I love her voice. Wish I could sing it like her. I found the lyrics to the original version on another site, but I decided to just use the English from that one. Here it is.
 
Those sad days will soon turn into fossils
And your pain will be secretly led
To the forest of sleep
Goodnight, all of you overly enthusiastic stray children
Until the day your impatience evolves into a dream
 
You stand for a long time on the shore of tears
As if to gently conceal your feelings, the secret medicine
Transports them to the open sea of memories
Good night. Let your fingers and ears, dirtied by morality
Sleep within my arms
 
(Life is waiting for the dazzling morning)
Rather than hold on to your worn-out scriptures
(Someday the darkness of this era will break into dawn)
You! Abandon your prayers
(Life is awakening, weaving time itself)
Entrust yourself to the laws of nature
(And so, the light tells your heart)
Heart! Return to your origin
 
(Life is waiting for the dazzling morning)
Even if final confession isn't granted
(Someday the darkness of this era will break into dawn)
World! Close your eyes
(Life is awakening, weaving time itself)
As if to return to your proof
(And so, the light tells your heart)
Heart! Return to your origin
 
Author's Note: I thought I was going to end the story, but I didn't. ::whines:: Meanwhile, how'd you like the shock? I saw this in a movie once, but I didn't understand, until I thought, maybe there was something more to it. Otherwise, I wouldn't say Brolli was alive. Heh.
 
The next chapter is going to be more talking and possibly, Brolli might know where Freeza is hiding. Baggage does a lot for the traveler, don't you agree?
 
Love,
LoveMeKags and Co. Productions