Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Resident Evil: NextGenZ ❯ Survivor ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Resident Evil: NextGenZ

Chapter 4


A deathly silence once again filled the air, but it was quickly broken by a high-pitched scream……

Trunks' head shot up, 'Bra? Pan?'

Breaking into a run, heading towards the scream, he ran through a couple more doors until he entered the Main Police Room. Zombies were everywhere, and the door was on the other side of them. Not really caring about anything but getting to the other side Trunks quickly reloaded, jumped up on the desks and ran across them; shooting at the zombies that lashed out at him. When he reached the end of the desks, a zombie popped up from below the end desk. Trunks jumped at him horizontally, locked his legs around its neck and rolled effectively taking off its head. Before any of the living dead could get to him, he was out the door and into the alley. More screams and gunshots later, the dog slumped to the ground, dead. Trunks finally saw its would be victim, she was neither Bra or Pan. The girl was blonde and was wearing a white blouse, and a short black skirt with matching heels. Her hair was running coming out of a bun that was probably perfect when she came into work. When Trunks took a step towards her she jumped back.

"It's okay I'm alive," he told her.

"There dead," she said, "they're all dead. I saw……" Tears ran down her face.

"Here give me your hand come on."

He walked towards her slowly and held out his hand. She took it and he helped her out.

"How long have you been here?"

"Since it started."

"Started? You know what's going on?"

"I don't know, I'm just a secretary, the Chiefs, I……."

"Calm down, nothing's going to hurt you."

"You don't know," she said looking up at him, "there's something else out there."

"You're safe now."

"I worked in a police station, with police and weapons, and technology, the station was overrun how am I safe with you?"

"I don't know," he said, "I'm Trunks Briefs with the West Capitol STARS Unit, and you are?"

"Marron Krillin, secretary."

"Just breathe."

Trunks put his hands on her shoulders to steady her as she took in deep, uneasy breaths. They both jumped when they heard a door slam open.

"Trunks!"

they looked up towards the voice and saw Goten waving at them from a balcony, the staircase ran diagonally along the building not to far from where Trunks and Marron were.

"Son Goten, my partner," said Trunks.

"I find killer birds and you find a chick how is that fair?" asked Goten as he walked down the stairs and over to the pair.

"How many of you were there?" asked Marron.

"Uh, five."

"They're dead?"

Goten nodded, "and we lost another team here."

"There's a safe room just a while from the staircase you came out of."

"Safe room?"

"Where the monsters don't come for some reason."

"Can you tell us what happened here?"

Marron nodded.


^^^

Goten, Trunks, and Marron arrived in that 'Safe Room' as the secretary started. It was part lounge part office. Couches lined both walls and a desk stood by the door they had just come through. The light here was bright, unlike some of the dilapidated hallways.

They sat down and Marron told them what happened, "I thought everything was normal when I came into work this morning. People were running about doing what they needed to do. It was raining out but I didn't think that meant anything. I don't know when they went but two police officers went to a distress call a couple blocks away. After they left we were being swamped with calls, the phones wouldn't stop ringing. I heard some of the dispatchers complaining about kids who call and then hang up. A little after that the first officers came back. But they weren't themselves, some of the others accused them of drinking on the job because they were swaying and their eyes were glazed. When another Cop went up to them they attacked him, started biting him. Some of the police shot at them, but they got back up. I was on the second floor watching them. More police came in and started attacking everyone. I ran to tell the chief what was happening."

"What'd he say?" asked Trunks.

"When I got to his office," said Marron, "he wasn't there. I looked around the back rooms but found nothing. When I came back to leave a fax came in. It was from Dr. William Gero, he works for a chemical production company called Red Ribbon, they blocked off the town."

"To prevent whatever's happening here from escaping," said Goten, Trunks was wondering where he had heard that name before. Gero.

"T-Virus!" shouted Trunks, "that's where I knew Gero's name from!"

"What?" asked Goten.

"Dr. Gero was responsible for creating the T-Virus while working for Red Ribbon's Bio-Weapons Department, it was supposed to turn people into the perfect bio-weapon."

"How do you know that?"

"Goten, my Father was a STARS member remember? He used to tell me stories about the things he did. This one time about 20 years ago, him and his team were dropped off near some mansion. He described the things we're seeing now but he didn't mention any of those inside-out human things."

"What inside-out human things?!" screamed Goten.

"Lickers," said Marron, "that's what we called them."

"You've seen them?"

"We boarded up the windows as best we could, but even then they still got in, maybe from the sewer system or……"

"Sewer system? Like manholes and passages?"

"On the other side of the parking garage. Why?"

"We have to get out of here."

"We won't make it."

"This is sort of a 'damned if we do, damned if we don't' kind of situation isn't it?" asked Goten.

"We stay here and die, or we fight our way out and die."

"There's a weapon storage room in the basement, but we need a card," said Marron.

"Then we're going," said Trunks striding over to the door and flinging it open, he froze at what he saw on the other side.

"Pan?"