Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Long Vacation (Series) ❯ A Slight Change in Self ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Long Vacation

By Rebs

Chapter 12: A Slight Change of Self

Trunks did not know what to do. There before him was his best friend, Goten, unconscious, in a machine he knew nothing about. "Shit, Corin, what do you think we should do?"

"I don't know, Trunks. I guess we should wait. Maybe he'll wake up on his own soon."

"Hai, we'll wait for a little while, but if he does not wake up on his own soon, I'm going to wake him up myself. Somehow."

Meanwhile, back at the camp.

Bra, Pan and Kalee were busy fixing dinner for everyone. It had been a couple of hours since Trunks told them to head back to camp while he and Corin went to find Goten. Now, they were beginning to worry.

"Where do you think they are?" Bra asked.

"I don't know, Bra. Hopefully my uncle did not get them into any trouble. Maybe they found something."

"Hai," agreed Kalee, "maybe they did. We should go find out what is taking them so long, though."

"Hai, we should." Bra said, as she covered the dishes that had been finished and turned the rest off.

The girls cleaned up and headed back into the woods. They traveled to the area that they felt the boys Ki's. (A/N: Trunks gave Kalee and Corin the same Ki shielding devises that they all have.) They all felt the boys Ki's nearby, but they just could not find them.

"This is so strange. I mean, I can feel them, but, it's almost like we are on top of them." Bra said in a very worried voice.

"Hai, Bra," agreed Pan, "maybe that's it. They must be below us." Pan looked at Bra and saw worry in her eyes. "They feel fine Bra, what's wrong?"

"I'm not sure Pan. Something is… different about Goten, though. His Ki feels different." She started wringing her hands, looking for a way to get below ground and find Goten. Something was changing about him and she did not know what it was. Her thoughts were interrupted when Kalee shouted for her and Pan.

Pan and Bra ran to where they heard Kalee, but she was not there anymore. "Kalee? Where are you?"

"Down here you two. Found something."

Pan and Bra looked down and saw a decent sized hole in the ground. They looked at each other, shrugged and jumped in and levitated down. As soon as they landed, Bra took off running in the direction that she felt the boys. Within minutes, she stood next to Trunks, staring at a tank with Goten floating in it. "What happened Trunks?"

"I don't know Bra. Found him in here like this, and I'm not sure what to do."

"We have to do something Trunks. Don't you feel him changing. The machine is doing something to him."

"Hai, Bra. I feel it. I just don't know what to do. What if I do something wrong and he dies?"

Just then, Goten's eyes opened and the fluid drained from the tank. He stepped out and collapsed in front of Bra and Trunks. Trunks picked up his best friend and turned around. "Come on. Let's get him back to camp." With that Trunks took off as fast as he could, back to the camp, where he set up an infirmary and placed Goten in a bed. He checked him over, and found nothing physically wrong with him. All this time, Bra paced behind him. Trunks turned around. "Bra, you are driving me nuts, do you have to do that here?"

"I'm sorry Trunks, I'm just worried about Goten. Is he okay, why isn't he awake?"

"I can't find anything physically wrong with him. I'm not sure why he is still sleeping. I guess he'll be okay when he wakes up. We should just let him sleep. I'm going to get something to eat. I'll check on Goten again in a little while."

"Okay Trunks. I'll sit with him for a while and keep an eye on him."

Trunks smiled at his sister and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "He'll be okay Bra." He said as he walked out of the room.

Once Trunks left, Bra sat down next to Goten and took his hand in hers. "Oh Goten, what is happening. I feel something different within you. I feel that you have changed somehow. Please wake up and show me that you are the same Goten I have known for my entire life."

'Bra, I'm still me. I have changed, however. I know so much more now, my Princess. No longer am I half Saiyjin. Somehow, the machine changed me. It taught me so many things, too. I'm more aware of everything around and within me, now. I actually understand your father, now.'

"Goten, I hear you in my head, how is that?"

'I can't wake up right now Princess. I'm exhausted from what the machine has done to me. But don't worry, I'm not hurt and I do not regret that I did this to myself. The more Saiyjins there are in the Universe, the less chance we have of dying out, you know. And you want to know something else Princess?'

"What Goten?"

'The Saiyjins were not an evil race. Your father did not really know their history. I know it all, now. We were a proud race, yes. And with good reason. We were a powerful race, but we had no need to destroy. Fighting is in our blood, this is true, but not destroying. Frieza is the one who changed everything. Frieza may have been just a child, but he was centuries old, you know. His family came in and took over the rule of the Saiyjin Empire. I'm tired now, Bra, and I have to rest, but I'll tell you more when I wake up. Sleep here with me, though, please. I want to see you in my dreams Princess.'

"Hai, Goten, I will." With that she laid next to Goten, still holding his hand in hers and rested her head on his shoulder and fell asleep next to her lifelong friend and the only one she had ever truly loved.

TO BE CONTINUED…