Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Long Vacation (Series) ❯ General Goten ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13: General Goten

Last Time:

With that she laid next to Goten, still holding his hand in hers and rested her head on his shoulder and fell asleep next to her lifelong friend and the only one she had ever truly loved.

The next morning, Pan stopped in to check on her Uncle. What she found, however, caused her to both blush and giggle. She silently crept out of the room to leave her uncle and her best friend alone.

"What are you grinning about Pan?" Trunks asked as he caught sight of Pans ear to ear smile.

"Oh, uh," she giggled, "I just went to check on uncle Goten and saw the cutest thing."

"Oh, what was that?"

"You will just have to go see for yourself." She said crossing her fingers behind her back and hoping that Trunks would not be upset to find his little sister curled up asleep with his best friend. Her worries were put to rest when Trunks came back chuckling.

"You are right Pan, that was too cute. Now I think I might be sick. I always knew that those two would find each other."

"You are not upset?"

"Why should I be? Bra is grown up. And Goten has loved her forever, I think. He'd never hurt her, but I'll be sure to remind him of that. Let's have breakfast, huh. Let the lovebirds sleep a while."

"Okay Trunks. Sounds like a good idea."

That said they headed off to breakfast. As they ate, Trunks and Pan exchanged glances with each other. Kalee and Corin sat down for breakfast, too. They noticed the glances between the two and tried to ignore them. Kalee played with her food for a little while before announcing that she wanted to spar. "Pan, how about a workout?"

"Hai, I'll spar with you Kalee, just let me go get changed."

"Well, try to hurry. I'd like to get training soon."

"Okay." Pan said finishing up her breakfast. She then went to change and met Kalee to go Spar.

Goten woke up to a feeling of warmth that he had never experienced before. He turned his head and found the most beautiful sight he could imagine. Bra was sleeping in his arms, her fingers still entwined with his. He shifted slightly to take in the beauty beside him. His movements caused Bra to stir and as she opened her eyes, she could not help but smile.

"Goten," she sleepily said, "how are you feeling?"

"I feel fine, my Princess."

"Goten, you know my name is Bra, why do you keep calling me Princess?"

"I cannot help it. You are Saiyjin royalty. I am a saiyjin warrior, with enough knowledge and ability to be a general. By these standards, you are my Princess. Besides, a beauty such as you should be called nothing else."

At that bra could not help but blush as she felt the butterflies in her stomach. "What do you mean by General, Goten?"

"That machine, it measured my power level. You know that Saiyjins were ranked according to power levels, right?" Bra nodded. "Well, that machine is basically a boot camp without the boot camp. It is all done in the mind. My power level was so high that the machine classed me as elite," he chuckled thinking of how Vegeta could not call him third class anymore. "and my fighting skills were above the average Saiyjins, as all of ours probably are. Instead of 'training' me to be a soldier, I was 'trained' to be a general. All of known Saiyjin military history, and most of our history in general, was, uh," he thought about how he could explain this to her, "well, it was basically put in my head. I can even speak Saiyjin, now, too."

"Wow, Goten, that is interesting."

"No, Bra, my beautiful princess, it is great."

"How do you figure that?"

"For one, if we run into any problems, I know enough about strategy to basically get us out of any situation. I really doubt that anyone but our fathers could match us in strength, cunning, and ability."

"Hai, I suppose."

"Hai, and another thing, the thing that makes it all great."

"What's that Goten?"

He leaned over and kissed her gently on the lips. "There is nothing wrong with a Princess and an Elite soldier becoming mates."

"Goten, I-I love you, but I'm not ready for a 'mate' just yet."

"Oh." Goten said, his voice full of sadness, and his eyes betraying his hurt. The look he gave her made Bra's heart break.

"Oh Goten, you took that so wrong. I love you. I want to be your, uh, mate, but not now. I want to spend time with you and get to know everything about you first. I want us to have something special." With this she kissed him gently on the lips. "How about we get some breakfast. Then you and I can spar together?"

Goten's eyes lit up and he smiled at his princess, "Hai, Princess, let's."

"But if I am going to be your girlfriend or your mate, someday, you have to start calling me Bra."

"Okay, Bra. So does this mean you are my girlfriend now?"

"Hai, Goten. That is what it means. Now lets go eat."

Bra and Goten headed off to get something to fill their stomachs, but neither was really thinking about food. The promise of the future and happiness that it head what too prominent in their thoughts. They glanced at each other and smiled as they sat down together to eat.

TO BE CONTINUED…