Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Long Vacation (Series) ❯ Packing Up teh Promises ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Long Vacation

By Rebs

Chapter 14: Packing up the Promises

***** Time passed and the young saiyjins and demi-saiyjins grew in strength and cunning. Their power levels increased. Goten and Bra's relationship went over well. Trunks made sure that Goten understood the consequences of breaking his little sisters heart then the two rigged the girls showers so the water would only stay warm for three minutes before it turned ice cold. After that, they sparred for a while and met back at the camp early that evening to hear the screams of three frozen women an hour before dinner. Sadly, the boys forgot that it was the girl's night to cook, and they were served small salads while the girls ate steaks. Finally, the time came and they left Crayo in search of the Saiyjins that were out there somewhere. Now ten months have passed since they left their home on earth. Once again, they are in space, and as yet, the trip has gone smoothly.*****

Everyone on the ship was sleeping, except Pan and Trunks. Trunks was up studying the computers that they had found on Crayo. He was engrossed in Saiyjin history. His father had tried to instill as much knowledge of the Saiyjin race as he could, but Trunks was learning that his father himself had never been given a chance to learn all he could. He had the basics down, but he did not know anything of the Saiyjin ways before Frieza's father, Kold, had come into the Saiyjins lives. Kold found that the more the Saiyjins were disattached from their emotions, the weaker they were. This was not to say that they were weak, but once they embraced their emotions, their strengths could reach immense heights.

'Wow,' Trunks thought, 'that would explain why Goku and us half saiyjins were able to reach super saiyjin with so much less effort than my father.'

Kold had, over decades, conditioned the saiyjins to be cold and ruthless. He made them fear compassion. These, he trained them, were weaknesses.

Pan could not sleep. She was wandering the halls of the ship trying to find something to occupy her mind until it was ready for sleep like her body was. As she rounded a corner, she noticed a light on in the room that they used to store all of the things they brought back from Crayo. She stepped into the room and found Trunks staring at one of the monitors. He looked like he was reading, but she did not recognize the language.

"What language is that Trunks?" She asked.

Trunks jumped. He should have known that she was there, but his mind was so occupied with the information before him. "Oh, uh, hehe, it's, uh, the Saiyjin language."

"I didn't know you could read Saiyjin."

"My father taught me. Mom does not even know. It was, our secret, I guess. Mom thinks that the only thing I ever learned from Father is fighting, but he taught me as much about his people as he could. When he was telling me about the Saiyjin race, it was special. It was the best times I've ever really had with my father."

"Woo Trunks. That is so sweet."

"I think that is why he does not want anyone to know about it. I'm glad he taught me, though. I can read all of this stuff."

"Would you teach me?"

"What?"

"The saiyjin language."

"Hai, Pan, I'll teach it to you, but you have to promise that you will never tell anyone what I told you about my father."

"Okay, Trunks. I promise."

Trunks smiled and began teaching Pan the basics of speaking Saiyjin. They met every night after the others were asleep and practiced. Finally, Pan and Trunks could hold entire conversations without error. "I'm proud of you Pan. It only took you a month to learn." He leaned down to kiss her on her cheek as she turned to thank him. The kiss landed on her lips and lingered there for a few moments. Trunks pulled away and looked her in the eyes for a moment before he leaned in and kissed her more passionately than before. Once again he pulled back and looked her in the eyes. "We should get some sleep, Pan."

"Hai, Trunks." She whispered.

They headed to their rooms with the others kiss still lingering on their lips and turned in for the night.

The next day at breakfast, Trunks did not say much. He seemed lost in thought. After breakfast, Pan caught up to him. "Trunks?"

"Hai?"

"Is something wrong? Is it about last night?"

"Hai, a little. I'm confused. I never thought you would even think about kissing me back, you know."

"Silly Trunks. Why wouldn't I? I've had a crush on you since I was a little girl. I always promised myself that I'd kiss you some day."

"You did?"

"Hai, I know, it's silly, but I was a little girl then."

"So, where does this leave us?"

"I'm not sure. I got my kiss. That is what I always dreamed of. I don't know if I ever really waned more. I love you Trunks. I always have. But how do I know if it is the kind of love Bra has for Goten? I think we should take this slow and figure out what we want."

"Hai, that's a good idea." With that, he smiled and kissed her on the cheek before heading on his way to the gravity room to train and think.

TO BE CONTINUED…..