Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Long Vacation (Series) ❯ What Family is For ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Long Vacation

By Rebs

Chapter 15: What Family is For

It was six p.m. (back on Earth) and everyone was sitting in the main hall of the ship. Outside the giant windows was the vastness of space, but inside was the closeness of family and friends. Bra and Goten were sitting on a small sofa snuggling up to each other and the others were seated on the floor in front of them with a deck of cards.

"So what do you all want to play?" Pan asked.

"We've never played cards Pan," Kalee replied.

"Really. Well, what did you do for fun, when you weren't sparring, of course?"

At that, Corin started chuckling. "We tormented everyone around us. Played a lot of jokes and stuff."

"Really," Trunks said, "sounds a lot like me and Goten.

"You know, we don't really have anything to do and we have never gotten to talk about our pasts with each other." Said Bra. "Maybe it's time we learn more about you two, and we will tell you all about us."

"Okay, Bra, that sounds like a good idea." Said Kalee. "I guess I'll start. Our mother told us that it was very rare for a Saiyjin to give birth naturally, but after Vegeta-sai was destroyed, there was little choice left and so both my brother and I were born on a small colony of Saiyjins who were living among the Gleffjin. We were taught the Saiyjin ways and the language. We have trained since we were able to walk. The remaining soldiers of Frieza's empire took it upon themselves to hunt and destroy all of the remaining Saiyjins. The Gleffjin and the Saiyjins who lived among them did their best to fight off the soldiers, but one day, the Kaza, Frieza's top assassins, broke through the Gleffjin defenses. Every saiyjin fought with honor and pride, but the end of the siege left none alive. My brother and I survived because we were away, on the Moon of Garzon 7 training. Only three of the Kaza, survived, however. And those three Kaza owe Corin and I their lives for those of our parents and our people in the colony. That all took place twelve years ago, but I will never forget the pain I felt on the day I returned home to show my father the new techniques I had learned, only to discover that I would be attending his funeral."

Corin moved over to embrace his sister, "We will have our revenge, sister. One day we'll find the Kaza." He then addressed everyone in the room, "After the massacre, my sister and I trained harder than ever before. We believed ourselves to be alone in the universe, until you came along. We had even began doubting that the Saiyjin colony we are now searching for existed. Meeting all of you has made us believe again. But if they are still out there, they are also in much danger from the Kaza. We must find them."

"Wow." Said Bra. That is terrible. I never had any idea that the Saiyjins were in so much danger, but we are so strong, how can anyone be stronger?"

"They are not necessarily stronger, just have some really good tricks. Like they can become invisible for fifteen minutes every two hours, to both sight and ki signature. It is hard to fight an enemy you cannot detect in any way." Kalee answered.

"Oh my, what will we do if we find them?" Said Pan.

"We will destroy them." Corin answered.

"Now why don't you all tell us how saiyjins ended up on earth." Kalee said.

For hours, Pan, Bra, Goten and Trunks told the history of the Z-senshi. They told how Kakkarot was sent to Earth and how he became Goku Son, the entrance of Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz, the adventures on Namak, how Goku went Super saiyjin for the first time and defeated Frieza. Trunks told of how Frieza returned to Earth with his father and tried to destroy everyone, only to be defeated by himself.

"Wow Trunks, you defeated Frieza and Kold?" Kalee asked.

"Hai," He glanced around to see Pan, Goten and Bra glaring at him. "well, iie, not really, but in a way, see, there was another version of myself, from the future who came back to warn everyone about a threat." Trunks told Kalee and Corin about Miria Trunks, the androids, cell and the cell games.

Goten told them about how he and Trunks went Super saiyjin when they were both small children and Pan told them all about her father Gohan and his battles with Garlic Jr. Eventually everyone they all fell asleep telling stories.

Goten woke up and looked around the room. Bra was curled up next to him. Trunks slept on the floor just below them. Pan had fallen asleep on the recliner next to them and Kalee and Corin slept next to each other. Goten could not help but smile and think of how great this family was.

TO BE CONTINUED….