Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Uniting of Lonely Hearts ❯ PART TWO: ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


Well I have some news! This is going to be longer than firstly anticipated! This is significantly shorter than the first instalment, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t more! I've written twice more than I'll be posting, and the reasoning for that is it's really hard to decide where to chop it and call it a chapter! (Well for me it is anyway!) So yeah.. There will be at least one more chapter, maybe two. It all depends on me I guess! (As I don't plan anything when I write, I just let it go where it wants to... Hehe.. ) So thanks for listening up! I hope you like this next bit!! ^__________^

Part Two:

Although the extra gravity had been switched off, the GR still had a lively hum emanating from it. As the power surged though its circuits and wires, it failed to bring one thing within it to life; Vegeta. Slumped against the wall, his legs against his chest, Vegeta stared blankly into the nothingness in front of him. His thoughts were going crazy, scattering in every direction through his brain like chickens who had had their heads chopped off.

Why had he done that? Why had he done what he did, gone and kissed Gohan? Vegeta had probably destroyed the closest thing he had to a companion, someone to talk to who had something in common with him, of whom he could actually stand to talk to for more than a simple only syllable word.

Vegeta sighed.

There was no point in ever trying to speak to the boy now, he'd well and truly scared him off. That's what Vegeta thought anyway. All he had ever really wanted, he realised, was someone who accepted him fully for who he was. All his life he had either been instructed by other what and what not to do, or how to act. He felt restrained, like he couldn't be himself without the worry he would be displeasing someone. Not that he cared what people thought or anything, but with breaking the rules usually came punishment. And when it's Freiza we're talking about, punishment was always harsh. Vegeta had blocked all that from his mind though.

Then came his arrival on earth.

Now, that he was free of Freiza, he had Kakarot to worry about. Vegeta was destined to become the "Legendary Super Saiya-jin", the rich blood of not only power but aristocracy flowed though his royal veins. It was shattering to see a lesser classed being surpass you so easily. But Vegeta had eventually accepted this, not willingly though. He had decided that it wasn't worth stressing over, that he would much rather be who he was than that baka Kakarot. Yet he always seemed to haunt him.

Now it was his son too.

At the tender age of 12, Gohan surprised all parties by discovering a new level of power. Vegeta was shocked beyond belief, and also infuriated. Yet, even though all these feelings of fury and surprise, there was always something else; Saiya-jin pride. It was Vegeta's pride in his race, that someone from his race would exceed all possible boundaries and escape to discover new levels. In Vegeta’s eyes, there was a light shining down on the boy. It was then that Vegeta discovered that Gohan was more than just your average Kakarot. He had potential. A true Saiya-jin was not only an expert on the battle field, but intellectually speaking, could out smart any opponent. Gohan was all this. And it was all these qualities that drew the prince towards his hopefully willing subject.

~~

This day, only 5 days prior to one of the biggest celebrations of the year, there were three confused people. Three VERY confused people.

All three had discovered life altering altercations, all of which would change their lives one way or another. For two males, it meant their futures, for one woman it meant her view on life and the worlds surrounding it.

The sky was dimming, the air cooling, but the heat was still fierce. Swirling around it great torrents, the wind began to pick up a little, evidence of a storm blowing in. It was nights like these that fires began, the spark of lightening striking a dead tree causing it to erupt in a ball of flames.

Even with all the heat, Electra still shivered. It frightened to her find out that there really was life on other planets. She had been sceptical to believe it, wanting hard-core proof before she did believe it, but now that she had it, proof that is.... The thought was mind boggling.

"I'm speechless... I don't know what to say..." She whispered out lightly, never before in her life remembering being this shocked and astounded.

"Yeah I imagined that you'd be feeling a little this way. I bet it's hard learn all this in one big block, I guess it's easy for me because I grew up with someone like Goku." Bulma was tired after her lengthy explanation which had taken the remainder of the afternoon.

"Yeah..." Electra said in a dreamy voice. She wanted to meet this green man, Piccolo, Bulma had called him. After all this new info, the most intriguing was that a 'Namek" actually lived on Earth... And of course that Gohan, Goku, Goten, Vegeta AND Trunks were all either part or full Saiya-jin.

"Hey, it's dinner time and I haven't seen Vegeta.... Plus there was Gohan's rushed exit... I wonder what’s up?" Bulma said, mostly to herself, only slightly aware that Electra was partially listening.

"Shit yeah, I actually forget about Gohan!! I better be getting home, at least he didn't take the car!" Electra giggled, she only realised just then how tired she really was. "Thank you very much for your hospitality Bulma, I hope that one day I can do the same! Oh how about some free lessons at the Dojo?"

"Ahh no thanks! I'm not much of a fighter... But no worries about everything else, please don't hesitate to drop in on your way past sometime! Actually, now that I think of it, you and Gohan should come over for Christmas lunch! I'll invite both his and your parents and partners if you like!" Bulma had planned on a little Christmas do, nothing extravagant, just a few friends over for lunch.

"Sure that sounds great! I think Gohan and I were just going to have microwave Turkey dinners anyway! That sounds a hell of a lot better..." Electra smiled that she was actually invited to a Capsule Corp lunch! "Ohh and I'd get to meet Goku maybe too! That will be interesting! I've only ever seen pictures of him!" She was getting more excited by the minute, all her previously learnt information sinking in and feeling like reality.

"Well I was hoping to have Goku here, I might round up Vegeta to find him, although I highly doubt he will!" Both women laughed, Electra had been told of Vegeta's 'feelings' towards the younger Saiya-jin. " I'm sure Gohan would be glad to see him too".

After exchanging good bye's, Electra drove off leaving a waving Bulma in her wake.

~~

Dusk was settling in the west, everything being ignited into beautiful red, purple and orange hues. The whole sky was a burning lumber, the flames slowly flickering to an end as darkness descended upon the earth and put the flames of day out.

Pulling up the gravel driveway, Electra never even thought that Gohan would be anywhere but at home, so it was a slight shock to her that their house was in darkness. The shadows of the looming gums gave the house an eerie glow in the fading light, Electra shuddered as a shiver racked her spine.

Home didn't feel like home tonight.

Collecting her things, she headed inside. Upon entering it was confirmed that Gohan was in fact still out, as he was no where to be seen in their moderately sized single story house.

'Where had he got to?! Doesn’t he know that if he doesn’t give me word that he'll be here for tea that I don't cook for him? Too bad, his loss!' Electra thought to herself as she began rummaging through the pantry in search of someone of at least minor sustenance. There wasn't much. Decidedly, she opted for a simple chicken stir fry with noodles. Electra did, after all, have a fridge full of Vegetables.

The night was slowly drawing deeper, the darkness thickening. Still no sign of Gohan.

Electra began to worry. This was the first time Gohan had ever gone anywhere without word of his whereabouts. Maybe he and Vegeta had had some kind of fight? That thought kept playing in her mind, but what would they fight about if it wasn't a physical fight?

"Oh my..."

~~

The slight chill on the air was brushing through the trees. The gentle breaths weaving themselves in, out and in-between everything. It crashed though, being thrown off of its usual course, by a slumped figure. There, laying on the moderately grass covered ground, was Gohan. His face was tear stained and riddled with confusion. Some one knew his deepest darkest secret, and he didn't think he was ready to accept it.

Of all the people on Chikyuu to know, it had to be Vegeta. Gohan had noticed Vegeta -in that way- but had taken his liking towards the compact Saiya-jin as some sort of respect towards the Prince of their race. Gohan realised he had been living a lie.

It was a lie. He didn't like Vegeta, he REALLY liked Vegeta. He couldn't call it love because, well, he didn't know what love really was. What Gohan was feeling couldn't simply be expressed with a single word. After all, it's been said that actions speak more than words.

But those actions...

Gohan had shared a kiss with Vegeta, who had, in turn, almost openly admitted he wanted Gohan just the same as Gohan Vegeta. The shock was more than overwhelming. It was all too surreal for the demi who had never experienced anything like the kiss he had received, he only knew kisses to be just 'kisses'. Nothing more. But this was more... So much more...

It had feeling. More than feeling. More than just the physical ability of the other persons skin on yours, but something deeper. Cursing though his whole body was this intense reaction, more than just the feel of skin on skin, but an inner feeling. His heart skipped a beat, his breathing hitched, every bone in his body tingled... That was no ordinary kiss!

Gohan sat up. What had he done? He had been kissed -accepted- by the only one he desired most. And what had he done? Ruined it. Destroyed it. Completely abolished any last chance he had with Vegeta no Ouji.

Vegeta no Ouji...

~~

Electra sighed. It was now well past midnight, and Gohan still wasn't home. She felt like, she imagined, a mother whose son or daughter was late getting home from a party or something. She was, in reality, more like an older sister to him, but still sometimes couldn’t refrain herself from treating a little like a kid. Electra just felt to protective of him. She had no brothers or sisters, it was great having someone not only to talk to, but to care for. She couldn't wait for the day she married her ideal man and settled down with kids. She knew it wasn't always that easy though.

"Where is he!?" She said out loud, almost startling herself. If she could feel 'Ki', as Bulma had called it, she would have ratted Gohan out and dragged him home. But, probably fortunately for Gohan, she couldn't.

Startling her once more was the creak of the door.

"GOHAN!" She cried and emerging from the darkness of the lounge to engulf the boy in a bear hug. "Where have you been! Ah! Your all damp!" She pulled herself away pointed to his shirt. It was dark so she still hadn't noticed the redness around his dark, sad eyes. "Take that off and I'll take it to the laundry" She ordered, not even noticing Gohan's silence. "Gohan?" She queried a little quieter, noticing his lack of speech.

Gohan looked down at Electra and gave a weak smile. "Shouldn't I be asking you what you're doing up?" He almost whispered, not daring to chance his voice at speaking any louder.

"No, mister, you should not. I was worried!" Gohan handed her the shirt. Electra then moved and turned on the light. "Gohan! Are you alright?" She asked, noticing his puffy eyes.

"Oh yeah, I'm alright. Allergies. I was out in the forest, that’s why. It always happens." Electra knew it was a completely bogus response, but he obviously didn't want to talk about it.

"Well, just to let you know, I don't believe a word of that. But I'm not the type to pressure, so if you don't want to talk that's ok." She gave him a small friendly smile, her way of letting him know that she's there for him.

"Thanks Elec, your a great friend you know." Gohan said, enveloping her in a hug.

"No wucken furries!" Gohan laughed. It was just like Electra to come up with something to make him laugh. "But seriously Gohan, if you do want to talk, I'm here ok?"

"Yeah ok." Gohan wanted so badly to talk to her, to tell Electra what had happened. He couldn't. There is no way he could tell one of the best friends his had that he is... ah... gay. Gohan didn't like that word. He preferred the term 'alternative'. It wasn't that he was ashamed, he wasn't. He just didn't want to scare Electra, Gohan had no idea how she felt about 'alternatives'.

"You go to bed then, Good night" Electra gave a small wave and headed to her bedroom.

Gohan was alone once again. He didn't want to be alone.

He sat at the table and put his heads in his hands.

~~

Once Electra was dressed in her light summer night-gown, it wasn't that she liked wearing the things, it was just because it was the coolest thing she had to sleep in, without going naked that is. She couldn't do that though, not with a guy living in the house anyway.

She laid on top of her bed, not even bothering to get under the sheet. It was just too hot.

'Poor Go-kun,' Electra thought, 'I wish he would talk to me, maybe he doesn't think I'll understand?' Electra contemplated getting up and talking to Gohan about it, but realised it wasn't her place. It was up to him to tell her, not for her to just assume. Who knows, she could be wrong?

Closing her eyes, she began drifting into a light slumber. On the verge of sleep, she began dreaming that her door was opening and that Gohan was walking towards her.

"Electra?" A whispered word reached her dreaming ears. "Are you awake?" Groaning, Electra realised she wasn't dreaming.

"I am now.." She said, her voice husky from her sleepy state.

"C..Can..w..we talk?" Gohan stuttered, unsure of what he was about to do.

"Sure, sit down." Electra sat up and scooted over, ushering Gohan onto her bed. 'This is it..' She though as Gohan took a seat on her firm futon. "What's up?" Gohan just sat there for a moment.

Electra was getting edgy with Gohan's silence, she was actually quite anxious for him to confirm her and Bulma's suspicions. But he just sat there, staring off into space. Finally, after about two minutes, he turned to face her. There before her was a pair of the most confused and hurting eyes she'd ever seen. It almost brought tears to her own eyes.

"Electra.. I.. ah.." He lowered his head. "I..." He couldnt' get the words he wanted out. He was too nervous.

"It's ok, Go-kun, you can tell me anything" Electra urged.

"I.. can I.. can I kiss you?" The blush that erupted on his cheeks and the bridge of his nose would have been cute if only Electra hadn't been shocked beyond comprehendible belief.

"What!?" She said in bewilderment, that was NOT what she was expecting to hear.

"Gomen Elec-san!" Gohan stammered and moved to get off the bed, but a warm hand on his arm stopped him.

"It's ok Gohan, please stay. I didn't mean to insult you, I just wasn't expecting that!" She gave a wholehearted laugh despite the face she was confused as hell! "Please, sit down." She patted the spot where Gohan had occupied only moments ago, it was still warm.

Gohan obeyed and sat back down again, although he was so nervous he began twitching his thumbs.

"Gohan," Electra placed her hand on the nervous boys shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze "do you really want to kiss me?" She asked, already knowing that the real answer was, but still giving him the choice in the matter. Of course she liked Gohan, and admitted that she would have him in a moment, but never would she take advantage of that. If he wanted a kiss, she would give him one, not to sate her own selfish desires, but to help Gohan. Plus, her cheeky side had always wondered if he was a good kisser.

Gohan nodded his head.

"Sure? Cause' once you say yes to me one more time, there will be no protecting you from my fierce lips!" She giggled, but silently berated herself for doing so because she didn't want Gohan to think she was making fun of him. That was far from what she was doing.

Gohan raised his head up again, telling himself over and over that his kiss with Vegeta was nothing special, that by kissing Electra he will feel the same thing.. He also silently pondered the fact that he knew, deep down, it wouldn't. He had to at least try. "I'm sure Electra."

Nervous as hell Gohan was, but still he made the first move. He inched himself so that he was sitting flush against Electra and turned himself onto his side. Weaving an arm around her, Gohan gently tugged her face towards his.

Electra was more than a little shocked at how Gohan was reacting. She thought she would have to be the instigator, considering how nervous his appeared. She almost gasped as Gohan pulled her head forward, urging their lips to meet.

And lips met.

Gohan gently laid his lips upon Electra's. They were warm, yes, they were soft, yes, they were... they were moist, yes. He almost grunted in aggravation as he felt nothing. Zilch. Feeling the anger surge though his veins, Gohan almost violently forced the girls mouth open. Not waiting for approval, he dipped his tongue in and began an intense battle of domination.

Electra was stunned. One moment he had been almost timid and gentle, now Gohan had transformed into some ravishing god who was intruding her welcoming mouth. Damn was he a kisser!

Gohan deepened, he explored. He searched for that same feeling of completeness he had found in Vegeta's kiss, but it was nowhere. But he didn't give up. Electra had joined in and too was participating, although was she was searching for had already been found; the fact that Gohan was a good kisser.

She knew it was wrong, that Gohan was only doing this as a test. But what could it really hurt? It wasn't like a kiss was going to change much, Electra had, on more than one occasion, kissed her friends and that changed nothing between them. Not even when her and her best friend shared a New Years Eve pash one year, the only thing that came of that was Electra realised that girls were better kissers than most guys out there!! Although that didn't sway her direction at all!

Still, Electra met each of Gohan's move with flowing vigour.

Gohan was befuddled beyond ultimate belief! He liked Electra, so why didn't he feel like he had when he'd kissed Vegeta!? It was just so damn infuriating knowing that he'd lost his chance with his prince, and now here he was kissing his best friend. Using her.

Gohan pulled back astonished at what he was doing.

Electra startled when Gohan unexpectedly pulled away from the kiss with eyes as wide as saucers. It was only then that Electra realised that Gohan was now situated on top of her, straddling her hips. She felt herself blush, when had that happened?

"G..go..gomen!" Gohan stuttered, pulling himself off Electra. "I..I didn't mean to.. I'm sorry!"

"It's ok Gohan. Don't worry about it, this wont change anything between you and me! But, one thing, you are a damn fine kisser!" She chuckled when Gohan gave her a slight knowing smirk.

"Doomo, Elec-san, I'm glad you feel that way." Electra noticed that Gohan was un-tensing a little. Maybe he needed that kiss? "Your not bad yourself" He gave her a full smirk.

Gohan was glad that Electra had not over reacted, although he hadn't intended on getting so... close. Gohan was, after all, a male. But even after that, he still felt at ease with her, like nothing had transpired at all.

"Oh I know Gohan, I know! Now you, your going to sit down and talk to me ok? But not here. Come with me," Electra got up and clasped the demi-Saiya-jin’s hand, "I'm going to make you a cut of tea, or coffee, or hot chocolate, whatever! And we're going to talk! Ok?" She asked, not really leaving any room for him to refuse.

"Ok.." He sighed and let himself be led into the kitchen.

~~

Vegeta was stressed. Although he'd be damned if he showed it. Of course the woman had questioned him as to why Gohan made such a hasty exit, but he wouldn't budge. Never would he budge. But Bulma was just that persistent, it was almost driving him to the point of insanity.

"Woman! Would you quit your incessant persecution!" Vegeta huffed from his spot on the couch. For once he didn't feel like training into the early hours of the morning, but instead opted to do the 'Ningen thing' and sit on his ass on the couch. In front of him was the contraption humans were so fond of. Vegeta couldn't understand why though, to him it just seemed like an overly colourful and loud box of scraps. The viewing was shit anyway.

"Well I wouldn't have to question you if you'd jus tell me! I know something’s up, what on Chikyuu did you do to Gohan?" Bulma asked, again. She wanted to know what had happened to Gohan, after all she was known to be one of the most socially knowledgeable people in the whole of the town.

Vegeta simply ignored her this time. He sat there, eyes shut, arms crossed. Bulma growled in annoyance.

"Damn you! Stubborn bastard!" She huffed and walked out of the room. Vegeta could only smirk at his accomplishment.

But that was short lived as he remembered the current situation he was in. Gohan didn't like him, and now he probably hated him. 'I took advantage of the boy, I went too far..' Vegeta thought, a feeling of remorse creeping up in his veins. Never had he felt such an emotion like this one. It was... strange.

The time had come for Vegeta to draw his conclusions. He had discovered while that, Gohan being Kakarot's eldest son, he still look upon him with respectful eyes. To Vegeta, Gohan was more than the brat of a twit, he was a worthy Saiya-jin.

This was something Vegeta couldn't shrug off. He was certain this was more than just a passing passion thing, in fact he knew it for sure. Vegeta wanted to spend the rest of his long Saiya-jin life with no other than Gohan.

Vegeta then realised what he must do. He must seek the boy out, claim him as his own. He knew deep down Gohan would come to his senses, he could see it in the boys eyes; he wanted Vegeta just as Vegeta wanted him.

~~

Gohan blew at the steady plume of steam rising up from his freshly made cup of tea. He didn't usually drink tea, especially not in the middle of summer, but tonight the thought of it seemed comforting. And it was. The heat soothed him, and Gohan prepared himself to tell Electra exactly what had happened. He was nervous and scared yes, but also knew that Electra would understand...

"You were right you know" Gohan stated, coming from no where.

"Hmm? About what?" Electra prompted.

"About Vegeta. It had something to do with him." Gohan kept on staring at his mug, just looking at it as if he was waiting for it to start laughing at him or something. He pushed it aside.

"I figured as such... What happened?" She didn't want to push him, Gohan would spill in his own time.

"Well... I don't really know exactly... I mean, ah.. this is really hard to say..." He went silent, Electra didn't prompt him this time. "Vegeta he.. he... told me a few things.." Gohan looked up, waiting for Electra to respond.

"Oh, what did he tell you?" Electra was sitting at the table, next to him rather than opposite him. She figured he would feel like he was being interrogated if she sat across from him. Electra took a hold of one of Gohan's hands. He was tense.

"Yeah.. about.. about..." Electra saw the flash of panic across his features as Gohan realised that Electra didn't know all about his race and past.

"Gohan, don't get angry, but Bulma told me..." She smiled at him. "It's ok, Mr. Super Saiya-jin, I understand your hesitation!"

Gohan gasped in shock.

"S..she d..did!?"

"Yup she did. I must say, it explained a lot of stuff!!" She smiled again, but then her visage was consumed by her serious face again.

"I bet.. Anyway," Gohan resumed, not bothered by the fact that Electra knew. As long as she wasn't asking all sorts of questions yet, that was fine with him. "he told me a few details about Saiya-jin. He said that.. that.. that I may never find a lover that I wont have to risk hurting or..or even killing... because I'm Saiya-jin..." Electra felt her heart painfully clench as she noticed a single tear escaping Gohan's eyes. She instinctively lent forward and brushed it away.

"It's ok Go-kun, you'll find someone... I know you will..." She gave him a light hug. It was unreturned.

"Doomo, but that's not all..." Gohan merely whispered, but it was loud enough for Electra to hear.

"What else?"

"I..I think I'm the feeling the equivalent of 'falling in love'." Gohan clutched onto Electra and buried his head in the crook of her neck. He wasn't crying, but it was comforting to be held by someone so understanding.

"That's great!" She replied enthusiastically, gently massaging Gohan's back. "Who?"

"N...No.. I..I..can't say.. You would freak..." Gohan pulled back and rediscovered his cooling cup of tea. He took a tentative sip and wrinkled his nose when he found it be cold.

"Look Gohan, the only thing that I think would make me freak would be for you to be in love with me! Now after all I've heard, I don't think there is much I can't handle!" Gohan gave a half-hearted chuckled and agreed with that.

"True.. Promise you wont go crazy?" He looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Sure, anything for you Go-kun. Well almost anything!"

"Ok.. Here goes nothing. -Vegeta-kissed-me-" Gohan said, each word running into the other. It was almost really too quick for Electra to understand.

"And now you think you like him?" Electra tried to hide her surprise and joy, she was actually excited that Gohan had been kissed by Vegeta for some reason. Her suspicions were correct... Electra wondered if Bulma had heard anything from Vegeta. Probably not.

"Yeah.." He said sheepishly. "You..your not.. disgusted?"

"Of course not. If that's what you want Gohan, then I'm more than happy for you. I'm just glad I got a chance to kiss a spunk like you!" She gave him a small punch in the arm. "But seriously, I'm happy you feel you can talk to me Go-kun, never forget that."

"I don't know how I can thank you Electra, you have no idea how great you are!" Gohan grabbed her in another hug, this time letting his tears stream down his face. He was tired of them burning his eyes.

"Oh but I do Gohan, I do!"

There, in the shadowy light of the kitchen, two friends embraced. They embraced for friendship, happiness and even love. Gohan loved Electra as a friend, and it was mutual feeling for Electra towards Gohan. An understanding has passed, acceptance gained. Neither could ever hope for anything more, and it was doubtful anyone could ever wish for anything else. For the moment they were happy.

~~~~~~~~


End Part Two!!


~~~~~~~~




Thanks for reading!! This next bit wont be far off, it's already mostly written!! So until then.. Bai-bai!