Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Unlikely Bond ❯ The Still of the Night ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or any of the characters! If I did, the anime would never end and GT would have never happened!

Story notes: This takes place ten years after the Buu saga. The only differences I can think of is that the whole thing with the world tournament in the last episode never happened and Goku didn't leave to train Uub. I wouldn't count on anything from the movies being part of this story's time line either, 'cause I haven't seen them all and they usually don't fit into the show's time line anyway. Especially that Broly crap. Vegeta cried through, like, that whole movie! That certainly didn't happen in this story....but, that's a different rant altogether. Hope you enjoy!

PLEASE heed warning in story description!! If you missed it, this story is not for children! It is also not for people who do not like stories that contain elements of violence, strong language, adult situations, references to sex and sexual activity between men and women, and men and other men.

Warning: This chapter contains LEMON.



Unlikely Bond

Chapter 17
The Still of the Night

The party lasted a respectable five hours, ending around ten o’clock in the evening. Bulma thanked her guests, loading tons of leftovers on anyone with empty hands and they all exchanged strict promises to ‘do it again’ very soon in the future. She knew that it probably wouldn’t happen. The group only got together every five years or so it seemed. Her friends had watched her children grow in stop action.

Trunks offered to carry a sleeping Bulla up to her room on his own way to bed, so Bulma set to programming her cleaning bots before she too headed upstairs.

Quietly, she slipped into the bedroom she shared with her husband, knowing full well she could never be quiet enough to not wake him. He was probably awakened by her before her foot touched the top landing of the staircase down the hall.

If he was awake, he was feigning sleep or ignoring her. He lay on his side of the bed on his stomach, his hands pulled up under his pillow, dressed in nothing but the sheet that was pulled up to his waist. She watched him for a moment, always taking any opportunity to admire his form. A smile turned her lips and she slipped out of her clothing, crossing to the bed. She crawled across the mattress, lying next to him and molding her body against his. Gently, she laid a kiss between his shoulder blades.

“Welcome home, baby...” she murmured, pulling back from him as he rolled over to face her. He watched her for a moment after he came to rest on his back, his eyes lids heavy, his face expressionless. “Sleep well?”

“I slept,” he replied shortly, instinctively wrapping his arm around her as she snuggled against him.

“You were missed at the party,” she commented as she lazily traced random patterns with her fingers over his bare chest. He made a snort of disbelief, but remained silent otherwise. Bulma leaned up on to her elbow to look down into his face. Her hand rose to his cheek, gently caressing him, her eyes locked with his. “I missed you,” she whispered.

The slightest of smiles softened his features.

“That’s all that matters,” he replied.

Bulma returned the smile, dropping her head to press her lips against his. Vegeta closed his eyes, his hands coming up to rest in her hair, keeping her lips against his. He opened his mouth to her, deepening their kiss, his tongue seeking out hers. Bulma pulled herself up against him, slipping her leg over his hips, straddling him. In an intimately suggestive way, she wiggled her hips against his, encouraging his already growing arousal.

Vegeta made an appreciative growl in his throat, pressing back against her, irritated by the sheet that separated them. In one easy motion, he rolled her onto her back, pulling the sheet from the bed and settling over her. He stared down into her face, her skin blushed and her lips slightly parted. He hadn’t been with her since he had come home, and now he had her alone. With no children, no guests....no clothes.

And smelling of Kakkarot.

Vegeta grimaced as he turned the situation over in his mind. He could demand that she shower before coming to him after she threw herself at the idiot third class or he could ignore the smell that overpowered every other scent that mingled with it, excluding her own.

“Vegeta...” she moaned breathlessly, waiting for him to move.

Vegeta made up his mind.

He crushed his lips to hers again, his mind and body eagerly striving to make up for all of the lost moments of the last week. Bulma’s hands gripped his arms, pulling him down, her slender legs wrapping around his waist. Vegeta broke from their kiss, turning his assault to her jaw, her neck and the swell of her breast.

“Mmmm...” Bulma moaned at the comforting familiarity of her husband, drawing her hands up his arms and raking her fingers through his ebony hair. He expertly used his hands and lips to drive her to the heights of anticipation, causing her to squirm beneath his hard, muscled body with overwhelming want. “...Ve...Vegeta...” she breathed, in a plea of desire.

Vegeta smirked, burying his face in the crook of her neck. He brought one of his hands up to gently cradle her head, the other he slid down her thigh, pulling it higher up onto his hip. Bulma tilted her pelvis toward him as his hardened flesh nudged at her opening. With one fluid movement, perfected by many years of practice, Vegeta entered her, drawing from her a long, decadent moan.

Vegeta held tightly to her as he began to slowly move with deep, even thrusts into the body beneath him. His own breathing turning shallow as he reveled in the feeling of each intimate caress. She moved with him, her muscles contracting around him, drawing him in as far as she could before each withdrawal. Bulma bit her lip, rolling her head to the side as Vegeta began to draw the flat of his tongue over her throat, sucking on the soft flesh above her collar bone.

The woman’s moaning was music to Vegeta’s ears, her responses always as appreciative as if he were reinventing sex with her every time. Every noise she made only drove him to make her do it again, only louder, which she would.

“Oh, KAMI!” she gasped as he increased the frequency of each thrust. It was the only word that she uttered that was intelligible, as each sound that superseded it was some form of groan or gasp. She tossed her head back, arching her body against him.

Vegeta gave a huff of frustration, his concentration slipping momentarily. Kakkarot’s scent was strong on her a moment, causing him to pause in confusion from the incredibly odd juxtaposition of his wife’s form and his rival’s scent. Annoyed, he turned his head down against her shoulder, increasing his rhythm to bring her quickly to her end.

Bulma could hear the growl that was building in Vegeta’s chest and feel its vibration against her own. It wasn’t a sexy sort of growl, but an angry one. She had little time to dwell on it before the pressure within her exploded in a wave of pleasure that wracked her body, which was quickly followed with the rush of warmth of Vegeta’s release.

Vegeta rolled over and sat up, giving neither of them a chance to fully recover or bask in the moment’s pleasure. Bulma stretched, disappointed by his sudden retreat, and sat up as well, scooting to his side.

“What is it?” she asked. “Are you...hurt?”

Vegeta turned to her, his expression one of annoyance.

“What kind of question is that?” he demanded. “Of course I am not hurt! What on Earth were you doing in order to steep yourself in the smell of that oafish fool?”

Bulma frowned as she considered his question.

“Is that some way of asking me why I smell like Goku?” she asked. “Because I don’t know why it should bother you. I just hugged him as he left. But I hugged everyone! Why aren’t you concerned why I’m steeping in a Namekian or whatever...”

Vegeta grimaced.

“You hugged the Namek?” he asked, incredulous, forgetting his original line of questioning for the moment.

“Oh!” Bulma exclaimed, falling back onto the bed. “Why did you have to go and ruin the most glorious orgasm I’ve had in days?”

“You are the one who stinks,” he replied coolly.

“Humph!” Bulma muttered, pulling the sheet around herself and stalking to the bathroom. She stopped in the doorway to address him. “If it bothered you so badly, I’m surprised you could come at all,” she stated matter-of-factly before showing him her tongue and disappearing into the adjoining bath.

Vegeta wrinkled his nose in disgust at her sentiment and her behavior. He lay back against the bed, throwing an arm across his eyes. In hindsight, he should have made her shower first.

Damn fool Kakkarot. What more could one clown do to ruin his life?


~~~~~~~~~~


Chi Chi was roused from her sleep by the drastic shift of weight on the mattress. She blinked tiredly, her eyes adjusting to the dim light of the moon filtering through the sheer curtains on the window.

Goku wasn’t lying at her side. In all the years that they had been married, Goku had always slept like the dead. He fell asleep quickly and stayed that way for the entirety of the night, rarely even moving as he slept. But lately, these past few days, it took him some time to fall asleep, and he was up several times at night.

Chi Chi pulled herself from the bed and crossed to the bathroom. She stood beside the closed door a moment and listened to the running water on the other side. When it ceased, she could hear her husband sigh heavily.

“Sweetheart?” she spoke, knocking softly. “Are you alright?”

There was silence a moment before the door opened, and Goku stepped out. He smiled at her.

“Sure!” he replied, his smile widening as if that would verify his answer. “Just...just had to...um....”

Chi Chi tilted her head to the side as he spoke. She knew he wouldn’t outright lie to her. Not even over something this trivial.

“Had to what?” she prompted.

Goku’s shoulders slumped and he sighed again.

“I just needed to splash a little water on my face, that’s all. It’s kind of hot in here.”

He moved past her and back to sit on the bed. Chi Chi remained where she stood, looking at him with a critical eye. Goku felt a bit uneasy beneath her gaze.

“What?” he asked.

Chi Chi folded her arms across her chest.

“Goku...” she began. “I need you to quit hiding from me. There is something wrong, and I want to know what it is.”

“What do you mean!?” Goku laughed nervously. “What makes you think there is something wrong?”

Chi Chi smirked.

“Your really weird behavior for one,” she told him, crossing the room to stand before him. “You hardly sleep. When you do, you have nightmares. Since you can’t get any sleep at night, you nap even more during the day, which still isn’t restful for you. You haven’t tried to see your friends until tonight, when, by the way, you were acting very strangely with Bulma and that Saiyan...”

Goku frowned.

“Goku.” Chi Chi touched his face lovingly, tilting his chin so he was looking up at her. “You can tell me what’s bothering you. I want to help.”

Goku brought his hands up to cover hers, bringing them to his lips to gently kiss them before he spoke.

“I...I want to tell you, Chi, really I do,” he began. She could sense the discomfort in his voice and posture. “It’s just...I...I’m embarrassed...”

“Embarrassed?” she repeated. Her mind was suddenly filled with many possibilities as to what his problem could be. But after more than twenty years of marriage, sex, childbirth and raising teenage boys, she was at a loss for what could embarrass a man who could skinny dip in any body of water that he came across.

Goku’s skin flushed crimson and he nodded, his eyes downcast.

“And....and I don’t want you to be angry...” he mumbled.

Chi Chi sat beside him, still holding his hands in hers.

“Goku, look at me,” she instructed softly. He did. “I won’t be mad at you. I want you to be well,” she assured him. Goku grimaced.

“Oh, I don’t think you will be mad at me,” he told her. She tilted her head to the side, puzzled. “And...it’s really hard for me to talk about it.”

Chi Chi nodded, affectionately squeezing his hands.

“I’m here for you, Goku,” she told him. “Take your time.”

Goku took a deep breath and let out another large sigh. He stared down at his wife’s hands in his as he thought. Should he tell her? Could he tell her? How would he even begin? For the first time in his life, he was afraid that this might reflect badly on himself. He felt ashamed.

“Something.....something bad happened to me while we were taken prisoner.” He spoke quietly, keeping his eyes averted from any part of her. He was staring now at a small patch in the rug from a time long past. He had done a rather nice job on it. “They put these things in our skin that absorbed our strength somehow, like the thing Bulma took out of Goten.”

Chi Chi nodded, trying to catch a glimpse of his eyes.

“We were so weak compared to them...not able to fight back...”

There was silence between them a moment as the sickening realization began to sink into Chi Chi’s brain. Her fears were confirmed when she saw a single tear drop from his eye. Her mouth fell open in shock.

Goku hadn’t realized that he was crying until the first tear fell. After it did, it didn’t seem as if he could stop them. He closed his eyes tightly, trying to will them away.

It took a moment for Chi Chi to find her voice.

“Didn’t Vegeta help you?” she asked, the hot rush of fury rising to her skin. Goku shook his head, turning to look at her, his eyes so full of pain.

“It happened to Vegeta too...” He spoke brokenly. “We were so afraid they would hurt Bulla and Goten...”

Chi Chi pulled him into her embrace, but she was trembling with rage.

“I’m sorry...” Goku spoke, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. “I shouldn’t have said anything.”

“Goku!” she gasped. “You can’t keep this to yourself! Honey,” she laid her hand gently on his cheek. “You have no reason to feel embarrassed or ashamed. Those lowlifes knew that they couldn’t beat your strength, but they can’t break your spirit either! And I am here for you, for whatever you feel you need to do.”

“Like what?” he asked, incredulous. “There is nothing I can do but give it time.”

“I mean, if you want to...talk to someone...a therapist maybe...”

Goku shook his head, leaning back into her arms.

“I don’t need anyone but you,” he told her. “As long as you still love me.”

Chi Chi hugged him tightly.

“Not even death can stop me from loving you,” she whispered, nuzzling the softness of his wild mane of hair. “Nothing can stop me...”

They sat that way together for some time. Chi Chi looked down at her husband. Her strong, strong husband. How could someone do such a thing?! She couldn’t imagine how Bulma must be feeling, if she knew. But she knew how she was feeling, herself. She was angrier than she had ever felt in her life. Burning with an all-consuming rage at those responsible. Goku had faults, but he was good and kind and innocent. Not even Vegeta deserved such a thing to happen to him.

Now more than ever, she really hated Saiyans.


~~~~~~~~~~


A/N: I don’t have a whole lot of experience writing lemon scenes, but it served its purpose for what I needed. I hope you all like this chapter. It was very hard to write. Particularly Goku and Chi Chi’s scene. Goku is really running the gammut of emotions and it is hard to put them to paper (or text document) sometimes. I hope I did my job, though. Enjoy!

To Pixelgoddess: Yeah, Bulla is a little babyish at times. She strikes me as the type to act the age that suits her needs at the moment. She’s in that stage where she is using cuteness to try to win Vegeta’s favor. When she realizes she has him securely wrapped around her little finger, than the demanding confident Bulla we all know and love will emerge. Her character, too, will evolve over the course of the story. As for her not making clothes for her Papa doll, I put that in there as a dig at our dear Prince of all Saiyans. He should be ashamed of himself for parading about in clothes that might as well be painted on....not that I mind....

A/N2: This update was to take care of a few (to be read: ALOT) of the errors that I made with grammar and whatnot. Thank you a TON to my beautiful beta reader, Rowina. You Rock!!!! (I just hope that I really fixed them all...)