Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends ❯ Arms of an Angel ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any Urban Legends (created or on the movie) blah blah blah...



Urban Legends
Chapter Three
: Arms of an Angel



“Help! Somebody please help me!” Juu screamed, her lungs burning with each step she took as she tried to get away from the person behind her. She turned back, just to look at her attacker and didn’t see the small grave stone before her. A scream tore its way through her throat as her arms flailed out; trying to keep herself from falling even though she knew it was inevitable.



She landed hard on her stomach, knocking the wind out of herself as she tried to suck air back into her greedy lungs. Tears formed in her eyes as her attacker rolled her over, straddling her prone body as they held her arms down to her sides with their knees.



“Please.” she finally managed, having regained enough oxygen to speak softly. “Please don’t kill me.” she glanced at the blade resting in their right hand, panic taking over her mind completely. “I haven’t seen your face, I swear.” she whispered, her icy blue eyes locking onto the person’s shadowed face.



A gloved hand moved up the side of her face before covering her mouth, preventing any more words from escaping. A sadistic smile formed on her attacker’s face, though it was cloaked by the darkness. The tears began falling down the sides of her face, spilling from her eyes as they wavered slightly in fear.



“No more talking, no more begging…” the voice from above her seemed familiar, but she couldn’t quite place where she’d heard it before.



Who is this?



The shadowed figure above her glanced down of their prey, deciding how best to execute the murder without being caught. Then it dawned on them, the urban legend didn’t specify on how the person came to meet their end, it was completely up to them to choose.



Their eyes glanced to the blade, knowing that there were at least two other people in the cemetery that had cell phones on them. The hand covering her mouth pressed down tighter before they lifted their right hand–holding the knife–bringing it down and into Juu’s stomach.



The blonde’s eyes widened in shock and pain, muffled sobs trying to escape from her covered mouth. Her tears poured down her cheeks relentlessly as the knife was removed quickly and then plunged back into her stomach before being removed once more. She struggled violently, shock having helped to ebb the pain-but only a little as she frantically tried to free herself while the life slipped out of her slowly.



Her attacker brought the knife up, light from the moon hitting the now crimson blade as they leaned forward, letting Juu catch sight of her killer before the blade was plunged into her heart-stopping it forever.



Life drained out of her ice blue eyes, all movement ceased and silence met the killer’s ears. They glanced around, looking for any sign of the other two females before collecting Juu’s body up into their arms. Slowly they made their way through the cemetery, looking for the angel statue nearby. The urban legend had the female’s body being found in the arms of a statue and the angel gave it an extra flare.



Finally the statue came into view, the beautiful white marble statue stood out in the dark cemetery, it was supposed to represent something-but that quickly escaped the murderer’s mind as they neared it. Standing at its base with the body of the dead college student resting in their arms, the killer approached and laid Juu’s body in the outstretched arms of the angel.



Finally the killer took a few steps back, looking at their work which was in plain view of anyone driving by during the day, but at night was concealed in darkness.



The beautiful angel, whose elegance captured the attention of many who visited their loved one’s final resting place, had its arms outstretched. As if waiting for someone to lay their burden in its waiting arms, its face a replica of feminine beauty and the dress it had been given by its creator fell down to the base to which it stood on.



Juu’s arms fell limply down between the angel’s arms, her shoulders on its right while her head fell backwards and the backs of her legs rested on its left while they hung over the other side. Blood had started to form a small pool on the base of the statue, already having stained her clothing.



The killer gave one last look at their first victim, knowing that it would gain major press coverage and extra points for knowing the person-even a little. They turned and walked back towards their vehicle, putting the knife back into its sheath. A flash of metal caught the killer’s eyes as they approached it, Juu’s car keys.



The person's lips quirked as they bent down, collecting the keys in their hands, and then turned to head in the direction of Juu’s car. They climbed into the vehicle; not caring if they got blood on the inside for there was a cliff they were going to be driving the car off. Backing up and turning the wheels slightly before they pushed the gear into drive, heading towards the cliff.



A quick look around the area let them know that no one was around; they drove the vehicle towards the edge before placing it into neutral and getting out. With a little effort they pushed the vehicle off the cliff so it plunged into the rocks below. Once that was accomplished they headed back to where they’d parked, hidden behind some trees.



----




Bulma looked around before her eyes landed on the grave before her, a huge grin took over her features as she realized she’d found one of the witch’s graves. After a quick glance at the time on her cell phone she quickly dialed ChiChi’s number.



“I found one! You know where the huge cross is, by the main building?” Bulma heard ChiChi reply with a yes before she continued, “I’m over there, and I’ll flash my flash light for you so you’ll be able to find me! We can try that thing tonight; I’ll call Juu while I wait for you!”



“Ok, I’ll be right over there, I’m actually not that far from you.” ChiChi grinned against the receiver, truth be told she’d always wanted to try this out and see if it really worked. “Buh bye!” she hung up, quickly taking a right and heading towards the huge cross while Bulma dialed Juu’s number.



Bulma looked around before sitting down on the damp grass, not really caring if she got wet or not as she held the phone to her ear. The sound of Juu’s phone ringing distantly in her ear continued until she reached her voice mail.



Hey, I guess you missed me or maybe I just don’t want to talk to you! Either way, leave a message and I might get back to you! The voicemail was followed shortly by laughter, Juu’s laughter.



Bulma groaned against the receiver, Juu was probably back in her dorm room asleep and hadn’t heard her phone. She let out a sigh as she opened her mouth and left a message. “Hey, you loser! I thought we were going to try this out tonight, you bum!” Bulma laughed, “Well Chi and I will have to tell you all about it and whether or not that witch thing is true! Don’t sleep too late tomorrow. Bye!”



Bulma snapped her cell phone shut, just in time for her to notice a flash light coming towards her. So without a second thought she hopped up and shined her light in the person’s direction, “Hurry up Chi! I’m freezing my ass off waiting for you!”



“Shut up!” ChiChi huffed while sprinting the rest of the way towards her friend, mindful of the tombstones littering the ground. “Alright, where is it?” she asked, looking around before seeing the stone Bulma was pointing to. “So…who is going to try it? We got two minutes to decide.” she grinned, looking toward it. Carefully she turned off her light since Bulma’s was more that enough.



“Well since I found it, I should get to choose.” Bulma smirked, taking a moment to think it over.



“Wait, where is Juu? Aren’t we going to wait for her?” ChiChi looked around, biting her lower lip when she didn’t see her friend. She crossed her arms over her chest, letting out a sigh when she realized Juu probably wasn’t there.



“She went on home and since it was all your idea, I think you should try it.” Bulma smirked, watching as ChiChi rolled her eyes before lying down on the ground, on the grave sight.



Bulma watched in amusement as ChiChi stared up at her, laying her arms down at her sides as she let go of her flashlight. “Well…how long now?”



“Ten seconds.” Bulma murmured, watching as her cell phone turned to midnight and the huge clock from town started to chime.



One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve.



Once it stopped, Bulma watched her friend as she tried to get up with great difficulty. “Oh, come on Chi. I don’t believe that.” Bulma bent down and grabbed onto her friend’s arm, trying to pull her up-but finding that she was unable to. “What the hell?”



ChiChi’s eyes widened in shock as it seemed like an eternity that she was stuck to the cold ground, her friend trying to pull her up in a vain attempt that kept failing. Finally Bulma tried one, last time, jerking ChiChi up off the ground. They fell backwards with ChiChi landing on top of Bulma.



“Ow.” Bulma muttered, rubbing her head from where it had struck the ground behind her. “That fucking hurt.” A frown marred her features.



“You weren’t the one who was held to the ground!” ChiChi exclaimed, pulling herself off of Bulma and holding a hand out for her friend to grasp. “Let’s get the hell out of here; I don’t want to be back to this place for a long time!”



Bulma accepted the offered hand and got to her feet before bending down to collect her flashlight, flipping it on again as ChiChi collected her own. “Yeah, lets.” they made a dash for ChiChi’s car.



“I don’t feel like we’re alone.” ChiChi whispered, looking back towards the cemetery with a noticeable shiver.



Bulma followed her gaze before looking down at her cell phone, “Juu is probably trying to scare us.” she muttered, getting into the vehicle. “Chances are she is trying to scare us for bringing her out here to try a stupid urban legend. I bet she hid her car or something and is getting a kick out of you freaking out!”



“Yeah, she’s done that several times.” ChiChi got into the driver’s side before started the car and speeding off towards their dorm. “I’m sleeping in tomorrow, I’m so glad we did this on a Friday night.”



“Yeah, that took a lot out of me!” Bulma exclaimed, stretching in her seat as they finally neared the campus and pulled into ChiChi’s parking spot. She glanced down at her dirty clothes and laughed, trying hard not to look over to see what ChiChi looked like.



“What’s so funny?”



“We look like shit! I hope no one is down here…probably Vegeta if we’re lucky.” Bulma grinned, getting out of the car and walking towards the building at the sound of ChiChi locking her car doors.



“What do you mean by that?” ChiChi quirked an eyebrow in amusement as Bulma glanced back at her with a grin.



“Well he tends to-lurk.” Bulma giggled, opening the door with her campus ID card. She pushed her hair back over her shoulders, looking back to see ChiChi right behind her.



“Yeah and the vending machine is down here.”



“Well duh…if you didn’t know that after going here for damn near four years, I’d want to know who you had doing your work for you cause I’d sure as hell like for them to do mine.” a voice came out of the darkness causing both girls to jump.



“Fuck! Damnit, I told you he’d be down here.” Bulma hissed, flashing her flashlight in the direction of the voice. Vegeta sat comfortably in one of the chairs that was situated on the ground floor for the dorm residents to use to relax or mingle with their fellow classmates. His feet were propped up on one of the other chairs while a Dr. Pepper rested in his left hand.



“Awe, were you looking for me?” he grinned in the darkness, bringing the bottle up to his lips before taking a sip. “I feel so-special.” another flash of his twisted grin.



“No, we weren’t. I just figured, knowing how our luck was going tonight that we’d run into you!” Bulma threw her hands up, a sigh of defeat escaping her lips. “Now you can laugh at how stupid and dirty we look. Go on, get it over with.”



ChiChi raised an eyebrow, “I personally don’t want him to laugh at me.” she looked towards Bulma and then towards the vending machine that was practically calling her name. “And you know what, screw me not drinking pop. I don’t care if it’s bad for me or not, I want a Pepsi.” she crossed towards the sinful machine, sticking a dollar into the slot before selecting her choice. Once the machine dropped it, she reached down and snatched it up.



Both Bulma and Vegeta watched her with raised eyebrows as she slowly picked the bottle up, staring at it before twisting the lid. It hissed at the release of pressure before she raised it to her lips and took a long drink. Bulma started giggling, not being able to contain herself at how ridiculous her friend was acting.



Finally ChiChi removed the bottle from her lips, sighing in contentment. “Sinning never tasted so good!”



“I think being around Kakarot so much has really fucked you up.” Vegeta commented from his spot, watching as ChiChi merely grinned and took another drink. “Yep, it has.”



Bulma sat down in one of the chairs, letting her head rest on the back of it as she closed her eyes briefly. “Who cares, at least she doesn’t scratch her head all the time.”



ChiChi’s eye twitched as she listened to the two most egotistical people she knew talking about her boyfriend’s quirks.



“No and she doesn’t have that insane laughter either. That’s a plus and a relief.” Vegeta cracked, smirking when he noticed ChiChi’s eye twitch again. He was enjoying this immensely.



“So what have you been doing tonight, Vegeta?” ChiChi asked, fighting back the urge to point out all his stupid little strange habits in front of anyone who’d listen.



“Well I was at a party, getting drunk off my ass, then I sobered up and now I’m down here talking with you two.” Vegeta replied dryly. “I didn’t get laid, I didn’t wreck my car-yet and I didn’t do anything of interest.”



“Well thank you for that in-depth description of what you did do and what you didn’t do–which sounded pretty boring.” Bulma smirked; crossing her arms over her chest as she finally opened her eyes to look at her companions. “We had fun and we didn’t have to be drunk to enjoy ourselves!”



ChiChi glared at her friend, hoping Bulma wouldn’t say anything but at the same time expecting it. “We tried out an urban legend.” she muttered, watching as Vegeta leaned forward a bit.



“What was that?”



“We tried out an urban legend-the witch one.” she glared at him, placing her small hands on her hips. “And it worked.”



“Yeah, right.” Vegeta rose from his spot, stretching slightly while at the same time popping his back. He glanced around the huge room, letting his eyes land on the huge TV and PS2 just sitting there. “I’m going to play a game.” he announced for no reason.



“Are you high?” Bulma asked her expression serious as she watched him waltz over to the couch in front of the TV. She looked over at ChiChi who was also watching him with suspicion before capping her drink.



“Not at the moment.” he grinned, flipping the TV on before looking around for a game to play. Both females were actually surprised at how handsome he looked when he offered even the smallest hint of a smile and they both had boyfriends.



“Yeah, right.” Bulma muttered under her breath, “I’ll be right back.” she announced, leaving the room and heading towards her suite. She finally arrived at the door, unlocking it before entering into the darkened room. Bulma reached down, her hands grabbing the bottom of her hoodie before pulling it off in one smooth motion, her tank quickly followed as she walked to her room and towards her dresser.



She opened it up, reaching down and pulling out a silky, long sleeved pajama set in navy blue with white trim. She finally headed towards the bathroom, ChiChi had suggested that they get a suite with a bathroom and kitchen that just the two of them could share-it worked out great.



After showering quickly, Bulma pulled on her pjs and slipped on her slippers before heading back down to where she’d left Vegeta and ChiChi thirty minutes before. Her slightly damp hair was pulled up into a messy bun to keep it out of her face, Bulma had grabbed a movie on her way out of the room incase they’d gotten bored with whatever game they’d started to play.



ChiChi stared at the screen, bored watching the news at this hour-it was all depressing anyway and still talking about the woman driving off the mountainside. She turned when she heard a noise behind them, noticing a very clean Bulma grinning at her.



“Chi, you smell.” Bulma sat down between ChiChi and Vegeta, watching as Vegeta took a drink of his pop. “You haven’t finished that yet?” she watched as he glanced over at her.



“Second one, what’s that?” Vegeta nodded towards the DVD resting in Bulma’s hands.



“Oh this, well I figured since I’m not going to be able to sleep for awhile and at least one of you are probably going to be down here, I’d bring a movie.”



“What do you have?” ChiChi stood up, glancing around as Bulma held the movie out for them to see. The newest movie release, “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest?”



Vegeta snatched it out of Bulma’s hands, glancing at the case. “I’ve never seen this one.”



“Funny…you remind me so much of Captain Jack Sparrow.” Bulma grinned, winking at ChiChi who broke out into a full out laughing fit. “The way you run…” she trailed off, unable to control her own laughter.



Vegeta’s eyes narrowed, “I don’t run like a girl!” he hissed, tempted to chuck the movie at either of their heads in a vain attempt to shut them up. “Put the damn movie in!” he threw it at Bulma who caught it effortlessly with a grin still covering her face.



“Awe. It’s ok Vegeta. We won’t tell anyone.” she stood up gracefully and placed the disk in, pressing play.



“As amusing as this is, I’m going to bed. Goodnight, you two.” ChiChi turned and headed towards her dorm room stifling a yawn. She glanced around as she entered the room before heading into the shower without a second thought leaving the two hotheads to their movie.



“You’ve never seen this one?” Bulma asked incredulously as she leaned back in the couch, “I dragged you with me to see the first one and you didn’t even bother to follow up on this one?” Bulma tucked her legs under herself after kicking off her slippers, her arms crossed over her chest to keep herself warm as Vegeta just propped his feet up.



“Launch hates pirate movies.” he grimaced, knowing what was going to come from that.



Bulma stared at him in shock, “You let her dictate what you can or can’t watch?” she shook her head in sympathy, “I’ve known you since we were little, you’ve never done that before. Is Vegeta in love?” a wicked grin took over her features.



“Bulma, shut up.” he growled, watching as the movie started after she clicked the play button. Vegeta felt her slowly leaning toward him until her head was on his shoulder, he rolled his eyes. Typical Bulma had to make it seem like it was a mistake.



“I’m using you as a pillow.”



Vegeta groaned, “Doesn’t everyone?” before resigning himself to being used as a pillow, the movie had started and had quickly drawn Bulma’s attention away from him. He glanced around, before focusing on the screen before them. An hour into the movie and Bulma had fallen asleep leaving only the sound of her soft breathing and the movie filling the room.




End of Chapter


How was that for the third chapter? I hope you all were shocked with who I killed off! I figure...why waste time when I can just get into the story and get it moving along? I decided to go ahead and post this chapter up a lot earlier than I normally would have since I had posted this story up to the third chapter before removing it--that means that every chapter after this has never before been seen by anyone, but myself! So I'm going to need some reviews if you want to see more people getting killed off and figure out who the killers are! Keep those guesses coming! I just love reading them. Thanks to my reviewers of the first two chapters!
REVIEW