Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends ❯ Scratching ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any Urban Legends (created or on the movie) blah blah blah...



Urban Legends
Chapter Five
: Scratching



It had been a week since the body of the man last killed was found, propped against a tree mutilated after the wildlife had gotten to him. Some poor hiker had stumbled across the body and called 911. His wallet was in his back pocket and the police finally knew what had happened to the drive of the burned car they’d found.



Bulma placed a kiss on Sumko’s lips before pulling back to smile up at him. “What would I do without you?” she laughed feeling his arms wrap around her waist once more.



“Cry a lot?” he joked back, happiness filling him as he relished in the fact that the female in his arms was all his and no one else’s.



“Yeah.” She looked around absently before sadness started to consume her mind. It happened every time when it was this time of the day. The same time she’d be meeting with Juu to hang out in her dorm room while catching up on whatever work she had before her next class. They’d talk and simply enjoy each other’s company in only a way good friends could.



“Bulma.” Sumko whispered softly, noticing the pained look on his girlfriend’s face before he realized what time it was. Shit. He placed a kiss on the top of her head and drew her attention to him. “It’s ok.” It was all he needed to say before a few tears rolled down her cheeks silently. The happiness he felt from only moments before fading.



“I miss her so much.” Bulma’s lips trembled as she looked around them, seeing Vegeta approaching with Goku before her body went ridged. She used Sumko as a shield as she wiped her eyes, calmed her breathing and forced a bright smile on her features. The whole transformation left Sumko speechless before he realized who was in fact approaching them. A low growl managed to escape him as he noticed the smirk on Vegeta’s face; needless to say he hated the other man. It never seemed to amaze him at how cocky or heartless Vegeta could be, or that Bulma was friends with him at all.



“Hey Bulma! Sumko!” came Goku’s cheery voice, snapping Sumko out of his thoughts pertaining to Vegeta.



“Hey Goku. How are you doing?” he greeted the other man, immediately understanding why Bulma was such good friends with him. Goku had such a contagious personality and always seemed carefree. He knew that the other man had helped Bulma when she’d been at a low point after finding out about Juu and seeing the other woman’s body. When Vegeta had been heartless to the whole ordeal and had let Bulma just wonder off down a busy road.



“Hi, Goku.” Bulma smiled at him, watching as Goku’s face changed from his carefree look to a more serious one.



“Are you ok, Bulma?” he asked, his voice lowering as he studied her features. There was a hidden pain in her eyes and the smile on her face was entirely too fake. As if understanding the unspoken question from the other man, Sumko released Bulma and let Goku comfort her. He noticed the way Vegeta snarled and looked away, crossing his arms. It was widely known the other man didn’t like such public displays of anything. But he often wondered if it was just that this time and not some other reason.



Goku hugged Bulma, feeling her arms wrap around him as sobs wracked her body. “I miss Juu, Goku I miss her.” her body relaxed as she went slack against him, “It shouldn’t have been her.” The last part came out murmured as her tears soaked into his shirt, but Goku showed no acknowledgement as he whispered soothing words into Bulma’s ears.



“I miss her too and it shouldn’t have been her.” He had felt her completely relax against him and knew that if he were to let go she’d slump to the ground. Goku’s dark eyes locked with Sumko’s dark blue ones. A silent command was issued through the small bit of contact as Goku let Sumko know that if he didn’t take care of Bulma, he’d answer to him.



Carefully he helped Sumko get Bulma to her room and into her bed. It was already five o’clock and Bulma needed rest. Once she was safely in her room, Goku headed for the door only to notice Vegeta had already left. Figures. He can’t even make sure one of his friends is ok.



“Take care of her.” Was all he said as he left Sumko to watch over Bulma as she rested. A few hours later and Sumko left Bulma to sleep, locking the door behind him.



---



Yamcha grinned over at the female sitting next to him in the car, night had fallen and she’d been more than happy to park with him in the woods. Neither of them wanted to go back to their own dorm room to have sex and had decided upon the middle of nowhere. Of course they weren’t the only ones with the idea, not too far from them another car was parked and the two occupants wrapped up in each other’s arms.



A thump outside the car stopped Jamie mid-kiss as she looked around. “What was that?” her voice trembled slightly, her eyes darting around.



“Nothing, it was nothing babe.” Yamcha leaned in again only to hear another thump.



“There it was again.” She clutched his arm. “Can’t you just go see what it is? Please?” Jamie stared at him with fear in her eyes and her racing heart picked up.



“Fine. I’ll be right back.” He muttered, frustrated that some stupid animal was keeping him from screwing the blond in the car. The door shut behind him and he ventured around the area. Several creatures made noises and he rolled his eyes, “Just like I thought its some stupid animal.”



As Yamcha turned around he bumped into something. “Jamie, why didn’t you stay in the car?” he muttered, glancing up to see a figure in black before him. There was something in their hands, but he couldn’t tell. “What the fuck?” he took a step back, fear having gripped his mind before anger set in as he thought it was one of his friends trying to scare him.



As if answering him the figure pulled their arm back and swung the object in their hands as his face, knocking Yamcha unconscious. The killer stared down at Yamcha before wrapping the rope that had been at their feet around Yamcha’s neck, hauling the other man back over to the idle vehicle. Once getting the rope over the tree branch, he hoisted the other man so he was barely touching the top of his car.



Yamcha came back to consciousness violently as he started struggling to free himself, his feet scrapping the top of the vehicle making his girlfriend scream loudly. He heard her yelling his name and struggled to gain back the air his lungs sought for. The killer watched before leaving the scene, he heard a car starting and the person behind the wheel flooring it.



There was a sickening noise that followed before the car jerked to a stop and a scream followed.



In the other vehicle Krillin’s head snapped up. “Did you hear that? Mel?” the girl in his arms was staring out the window, tears building in her eyes.



“That sounded like someone screaming. Oh, Krillin, what if they need help?”



Krillin sighed, hearing the scream again before looking over at Melanie. “Stay here, ok and if someone who isn’t me comes to the car–don’t let them in.”



“I won’t. I love you, Krill. Be safe.” She smiled, kissed him on the lips and leaned back in her seat, closing her eyes as she tried to ignore the screaming.



Krillin made it twenty feet away from his car before he ran into the same dark figure that Yamcha had run into.



“Hey, man. Are you ok? We heard screaming.” Krillin squinted his eyes, What if this isn’t a man? Shit I don’t need a pissed off female.



“You should have left when you had the chance.” The small pipe the killer held in his hands cracked with the side of Krillin’s face as the short man dropped to the ground. “This is just too easy. Why do people come out here anyway?” the figure muttered out loud, chuckling as they set about the same task as before. Repeating all the steps till Krillin was in the same situation as Yamcha.



Standing behind a tree, the killer watched as the female in the car started freaking out at the noise Krillin was making on the roof of the car. She started screaming and crying, calling out Krillin before she got behind the wheel and floored it. The killer noticed a light flash on that illuminated her face as she pulled out her phone and he saw a similar light appear on the ground before him.



Glancing up quickly he watched as Krillin was pulled into the air, his head coming up to smack the solid branch and breaking his neck instantly. Shaking their head the killer picked up the phone with a gloved hand. “Hello?”



“Krillin?” the female cried against her phone, wondering why her boyfriend sounded weird. “Where are you?”



“Attached to a rope hanging from the tree you’re under.” The killer grinned, watching as the vehicle stopped moving and the door flew open.



“Krillin! You asshole-” she was cut off as she glanced upwards, seeing Krillin’s body before she fell to her knees bawling.



“Two bodies for the price of one urban legend. I’m good.” The figure backed away from the scene and headed out of the woods towards their vehicle. There wasn’t any blood on them this time and that meant less of a clean up. But two bodies, same legend on the same night and in the same area–the media was going to go nuts.



“Let’s see if they can do better.” The killer glanced at their watch–11:00 pm–and shrugged their shoulders. “It’ll be 12 before they ever get here.” They grinned and headed towards their own vehicle.



---



Bulma jerked awake at the sound of her phone; groggily she reached over and picked it up. “Hello?” with her free hand she lazily rubbed her eyes while holding back a yawn.



“Hey, Bulma. You miss your big brother?” the voice on the other end asked, followed by laughter as Bulma’s eyes widened and tears filled them.



“Taiyuko?” she whispered against the phone, a few tears falling from her eyes. “Why are you calling me?” she asked desperately, one shaky hand pushing loose hair behind her ear.



“Can’t I miss my littler sister?” on the other end Taiyuko didn’t even try to hold back the smirk that took over his features. It faded after Bulma spoke again.



“No.” it snapped out before Bulma’s hand covered her mouth and her eyes widened in fear. Shit.



“Awe, I’m heartbroken. I was just wondering how you were doing in school–you know since you’re to be taking over the company and that’ll mean I’ll be giving up my VP position.” He smirked once more on the other end, Taiyuko knew his sister was afraid of him and it only caused him happiness. She had needed someone to keep her in line and their parents were too soft, so he’d stepped into the shoes and filled the roll to his satisfaction.



Whenever she didn’t listen or got out of line, he’d be there to make sure she didn’t do it again. Five broken bones, three black eyes, two bruised ribs and two sprained wrists later Bulma had found herself in college miles away from Taiyuko Briefs–the brother from hell.



He was the reason she’d been more aggressive than most females in high school and the reason she’d stuck with Sumko who was the opposite of her malicious brother. “I’m doing great.” it came out after a short pause.



“Not what I heard. People are dying up there Bulma; don’t you want to come home? You know I miss spending time with you.” A shiver traveled down Bulma’s spine, this was the one person she feared above everyone else. He wanted her to come home, it made her sick to her stomach.



“I’ve got to go, Taiyuko, I’ve got a night class.” She hung up, not letting him respond as she threw her phone across the room. Laying back down she hugged her pillow to her chest and this time when she cried it wasn’t for the loss of a friend, it was from the fear of a family member.



The sound of a knock drew her attention from the crying fit and without a thought she answered. “Come in.” Bulma called out, sitting resting on her bed.



The door cracked open and Sumko stepped in, he reached behind him and locked the door so he’d have privacy with his girlfriend. He pocketed the spare key Bulma had given him before heading to Bulma's bedroom. While walking down the hall he’d heard something hit the wall in her room and had decided to check things out. Now he wished he hadn’t left her alone, tears were spilling down her cheeks and she reminded him of a broken angel.



Sumko crossed the room over to her bed, sitting down on it and pulled her small body into his arms. Bulma’s arms wrapped around him as she sat in his lap, her tears drying as she began to seek something more than the form of comfort he offered her.



She pulled back, placing a soft kiss on his lips and running her hands through his hair. “I need you. I need to know that you love me.” Bulma whispered against his lips.



“I love you; I love you more than my own life, Bulma. You know that, darling.” He kissed her back, feeling her body pressed against his own as he understood she needed more than what he’d offered her.



Sumko laid her back on her bed and carefully began to undress her, taking in her body as she soon lay before him, naked. Bulma looked up and pulled off his shirt before moving on to remove his pants and boxers. Finally she pulled him back to her, feeling his hands trailing up her sides and finally coming to rest on her hips. Bulma felt him lift her up before spearing her and earning a startled cry from her soft lips.



Soon they were moving in the familiar rhythm, moans escaping both as they took pleasure in each other. Bulma stared up at Sumko watching as he stared back, love shining in his eyes as she reached her climax and screamed his name out before he followed her. It was what she’d needed, to see that love burning in his eyes and feel it overwhelm her. She needed it after listening to her brother’s underlying threat.



Sumko pulled her onto his chest after removing himself from her, stroking her soft blue hair and feeling her breathing start to regulate. The tension that had been in her body when he’d first pulled her onto his lap had subsided.



“I love you.” He whispered to her in the darkness. Sumko felt her arms around him and felt her face pull into the soft smile. Bulma knew what to say and felt she owed him for the love and care he gave to her freely.



“I love you, too.” She whispered, letting her mind shut off as she finally slipped into a dreamless sleep. Sumko looked over at the clock, 2 am. ChiChi wouldn’t be coming back, she’d stayed with Goku in his room because Vegeta was with Launch. Everyone was apparently staying with their respective girlfriends/boyfriends.



Her breathing slowed, showing him she was in fact asleep before he closed his eyes and joined her.



Elsewhere two other couples found themselves drifting off into the land of dreams, their thoughts far from the murders happening in town.



The next day came quickly and the wooded area two miles from the college campus was lit up with blue and red lights. Cops, ambulances, fire trucks and media vans surrounded the area of the two dead college students. They’d been there since the two separate females had called in their boyfriends’ bodies, since 12 am.



The crime scene team was there trying to gather all the evidence they could find, the two females were being interviewed and their statements taken, reporters were shouting questions and having their cameramen zoom in while the bodies were being taken away.



“Are any of these murders related? Do they have the same killer?” one reporter shouted out, trying to get something for her story. Each station had sent two separate vans to the scene so they could catch all the footage possible. "Do you have any suspects?"



“Get these vultures out of here!” one cop shouted, snarling as another reporter tried to cross the line.



Who is killing these people? They’ve got to be related, this town hasn’t had a murder in close to ten years.



“There are too many of them, we need more cops here.” A fellow officer muttered and gained several nods of agreement. “Someone needs to find that fucking leak and plug it; these reporters are getting here too damn fast for my taste. Some before any officers get here.”



---



Bulma looked around the room before she realized she was on top of Sumko. A small smile graced her lips as she watched him sleep, an innocent look on his face. He was the thing she needed in life, he’d never hurt her, make her cry or break her heart. Sumko was everything she could possibly want in a man and was perfect husband material, but something was off. She couldn’t figure out what it was, she loved him, but wasn’t sure if it was the same kind of love he felt for her. Didn’t you need to feel the same about each other before it’s truly love?



She watched as his dark blue eyes lazily opened and started into her own blue ones, sleep still clouded them as she leaned up and placed a kiss on his lips. “Good morning.”



“I’ll have to agree, it is a good morning.” He wrapped his arms around her waist, feeling her body flush against his and sighed in contentment. This was what he wanted to wake up to every day. Sumko thought about the ring he had hidden and thought again about asking her to marry him, they could marry after graduating and it would be perfect. Soon they could have a family of their own and she could truly be happy. He knew Bulma's secret want of children of her own one day.



Bulma glanced outside; it was still cold outside, but not enough to force her into not wearing a pair of ripped jeans. She picked out her outfit for the day, the pants thrown carelessly on her bed and the school hoodie following it shortly after. “You’re lucky you’ve left several of your outfits over here over the year–and that I take the time to wash them.” Bulma smirked after grabbing some panties, socks and a bra that all ended up on the bed next to her clothes.



“To save time, we could take a shower together.” Sumko smirked back, watching as Bulma raised an eyebrow.



“How about we save the water sports for later and then we can follow it up with some wrestling on the bed.” Bulma grinned back, “So you choose, sharing a shower now or doing everything I just mentioned later tonight.”



“Wow–that’s hard. Have sex now or have lots of sex later.” He put an expression on his face that made it seem like he was thinking before grinning, “I’ll take lots of sex later for 500.” He grinned as Bulma laughed, throwing one of the pillows on the floor at him.



“No more Jeopardy for you buddy.” The bathroom door shut behind her as Sumko stared around the room, finding the remote and turning the TV on.



The bodies of two local college students were found in the nearby woods only two miles from the college campus. Yamcha Yankoyi and Krillin Roshi were both killed early this morning by what is believed to be the same person. Both were hung from a tree, the rope attached to the car their respective girlfriends were in.



A source says that each girl heard a noise on top of the vehicle and started the car to leave, thus hanging their own boyfriends without their knowledge. Many are shocked at how the two murders appear to copy an urban legend




Sumko shook his head, What is going on in this fucking town? He scowled before switching it to a movie channel so that Bulma didn’t have to hear about it first thing in the morning.



Shortly after, the bathroom door opened to reveal Bulma wrapped in a deep red towel, her blue hair falling down in soft waves. She’d lightly applied her make up and one of her eyebrows was raised in question at her boyfriend. “What?”



“Your hair.” He muttered, staring at it in fascination. She always managed to surprise him.



“Yeah, I didn’t feel like straightening it.” She shrugged, heading to her pile of clothes and putting them on. Sumko finally stopped staring and headed towards the bathroom, closing the door behind him. He shook his head–she kept surprising him and he hoped it never stopped.



After getting dressed, Bulma wandered over to her dresser and pulled out one of the outfits he’d left behind, placing it out for him. She laughed; he had four whole outfits, shirts, pants, boxers, and socks. “Sometimes I feel like I’m running a laundry service.” She grinned as she reached into her closet and pulled out new sheets before she went about putting them on her bed–it was past time to do that. She liked to change them at least once a week since she usually went to Sumko’s.



A knock on the door caught her off guard as she wondered out of her bedroom and opened it, revealing Vegeta. Before she could slam the door in his face he’d caught it and pushed his way into the room. Ignoring the state of the room as Bulma glared at him.



“What the hell is your problem? Get out of here you fucking asshole, how dare you show your face after what happened with Juu! You cold heartless bastard–say those things and expect to come into my room!” Bulma’s anger was left unchecked and Vegeta didn’t care.



Before he could say a word Sumko stepped into the room, towel-clad, and glared at Vegeta. “What are you doing here?” Vegeta crossed his arms over his chest.



Vegeta snarled not liking the look on the other man’s face and returned his attention to Bulma. “I was just wondering if you’d heard about what happened to Krillin and Yamcha.”



Bulma blinked, “What happened?” she asked, crossing her arms over her own chest as she heard Sumko take a deep breath.



“They were murdered in the woods early this morning, hanged from a tree above their cars while their girlfriends were in the vehicles.” Vegeta watched Bulma’s eyes widen in shock.



“There, are you happy now, Vegeta? You just love being the barer of bad news. You must get some sick satisfaction from it.” Sumko stepped forward, not caring that he was still in a towel and blocked Vegeta from Bulma. “Get the fuck out.” He hissed, his dark blue eyes blazing with hate as Vegeta got ready to go toe to toe with him in Bulma and ChiChi’s sitting room.



“Back down.” Came Bulma’s overly calm voice, “Vegeta you’re going to shut the hell up and sit in that chair over there.” She pointed before focusing on Sumko. “And you’re going to get dressed and come out here as well.” Her heated gaze let them know she wasn’t joking around.



Mutters came from both men before they went about doing as they were told. Meanwhile Bulma wandered into the kitchen and grabbed the nearest drink, a Bud and headed back out into the sitting room. She dropped down into one of the chairs and took a deep drink from the bottle, sighing.



“Already trying to get drunk?” Vegeta raised an eyebrow, leaning back in his seat.



“More than you know.” Bulma murmured, tears swam in her eyes as she tipped the bottle back and took another big drink. “We’re going to talk about your attitude towards my boyfriend.” Bulma glared, setting the drink aside. “You’re going to quit egging him on and glaring at him hatefully every time you see him. I can understand if he says or does something that you completely disagree with, but for no reason? There is no excuse.” Bulma narrowed her eyes to get her point across. “And you’re going to quit trying to be the barer of bad news, understand?”



Vegeta growled and looked away from her, his arms crossing over his chest as he tried to bite back the cutting comment he’d wanted to say. “Fine.” It barely came out, but was enough to cause Bulma to relax more.



“Good. Now go back to what ever you were doing before you came in here.” She turned away, not even looking to see if he’d complied with her order as Sumko walked into the room in the outfit she’d found for him. But she heard the door click shut behind him.



She smiled softly at him and stood up before approaching him. Bulma brought his face down to hers as she placed a soft kiss on his lips and smiled sweetly at him. “Thank you for always being there to protect me and coming to bat for me when I need it. But honey, you’re going to have to understand that there are times when I can take care of myself. If I’m emotionally distraught, I may need your help, but not every time someone says something offensive do I need you to jump down their throats or fight them.” She watched him start to look down before lifting his face to look at her. “But you should know I think it’s sweet.”



End of Chapter


My updates will get slow down for awhile now...this is the second chapter for this fic that I've posted out of the fic that hasn't been before posted on the internet. I'd like to get more reviews, but I understand that probably isn't going to happen. But if you truly enjoy my story, just leave me a little review telling me that you enjoyed it and if you have a prediction or something, I love reading those. I thank those who have reviewed, but I'd like to see a few more. It take a few seconds to let the author know that you enjoyed what they've written.
REVIEW