Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends ❯ I'm Sorry Officer ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any Urban Legends (created or on the movie) blah blah blah...



Urban Legends
Chapter Six
: I’m Sorry Officer



Vegeta scowled, he’d been scowling since he’d left Bulma’s hours ago and night was starting to fall. Hours. He thought, I’ve been pissed off at her for hours.



It was the longest someone had made him this mad; he wanted nothing more than to go to the gym and beat the shit out of something. Enough was enough; he couldn’t let that woman tell him what to do every fucking time he turned around.



“One of these days.” He muttered, turning his car around and heading back to the campus, to the gym that had a punching bag calling his name. There was a lot of aggression that needed to be dealt with. The huge building loomed in the distance as he continued towards it. There were only two vehicles in the parking area and that was unusual for this time in the evening.



He pulled up, looking around at the darkened area and the flickering lamp above. “Maintenance sucks.” He scowled, they should have fixed that damn light weeks ago. Vegeta popped his trunk and reached in to pull out the gym bag he carried with him in case he needed to drop in and work out.



As he walked towards the building he saw someone coming out, “Hey, Vegeta.” The other man greeted, waving, but only receiving a nod as Vegeta just kept going. “A man of few words.” Devin chuckled to himself as he headed towards his car; he opened the trunk and threw his bag in, turning around to look at the other buildings a short distance away.



Blinding hot pain trailed up his legs before he fell forward, a scream dying on his lips as he tried to regain the breath he’d lost from his fall. Looking back he noticed something had slashed his Achilles tendons. Tears burned his eyes as he held in the cries that wanted to escape; he started to pull himself away from the vehicle before the sound of his car starting drew his attention.



Suddenly the vehicle started backing up; a look of alarm crossed his features as he started crawling faster before the vehicle backed over his body. It stopped and backed up, ending his life in the parking lot. A sickening crunch reached the killer’s ears before they stepped out of the car, shutting it and taking off their gloves as they looked at their latest victim.



Devin was undoubtedly dead, but to make sure they pulled one glove back on and checked for a pulse–none. “That was fun; I’m going to have to do this one again.” The figure grinned, walking away from the scene with a small skip in their step.



A few hours passed before Vegeta headed back out of the building, noticing Devin’s car still there, but not in a parking slot. “What the hell?” he muttered, walking around. When he got to the back of the car, there was Devin–lying dead on the ground–and it was obvious that he’d been run over.



“Fuck.” Vegeta muttered, pulling out his cell phone to dial 911. “Hello, I’ve got a body here.” He started the call off quite nicely as he told them his location, who was dead and what appeared to have happened. Next he gave them his information and was told to wait inside till the police showed up. “Great, now I’m going to be several more hours.” Walking back inside, he calmly informed the employee currently working that there was a body outside and that he needed to stay inside to wait for the cops.



---



Vegeta glared out the window, it had been a week since he’d been taken into the police station regarding Devin’s death and he was thankful that there were cameras out there that showed it wasn’t him. Anger swelled inside him, Fucking cops think they can treat Vegeta Ouji like that? I’ll show those assholes.



His dark thoughts were silenced as the door to his room was pushed open and Bulma came walking into the room. She glanced around, a confused expression on her face before she stared at him.



“Where’s Goku?” her innocent question caused Vegeta to growl loudly and throw the nearest object–a book–at the wall.



His breathing became ragged as Bulma backed up, her back hitting the wall behind her as Vegeta stalked towards her. A nervous laugh escaped her lips before she started to mentally pray for her well being.



Vegeta’s hands came down on her shoulders before he started to shake her, “What is wrong with you?” he screamed, his eyes narrowing at Bulma as he continued to shake her and growl, not really mad at her, but at the cops. Something fell to the ground, but he ignored it until a voice snapped him out of his rage.



“Please stop.” The words barely came out as Bulma squeezed her eyes shut so she couldn’t see his enraged expression. Bulma’s hands came up to grip his that were on her shoulders as he slowly stopped shaking her before he stopped completely.



Once his hands were removed, Bulma slumped to the floor as she tried to regain her composure. “God, Vegeta. I just wanted to speak with Goku.” She looked up from her spot on the floor, tears burning the backs of her eyes as her shaking hand moved up to cover her mouth.



Seeing Vegeta like that had reminded her of her brother and the fear that gripped her mind was too painful, too powerful. While her mind was still reeling from the aftermath of Vegeta’s rage, Vegeta was trying to figure out what he’d just done. Looking down at Bulma his mind tried to rationalize his actions, he’d known Bulma for years, surly she wouldn’t take that too personal–would she?



Vegeta felt something vibrating and then heard the song that followed as he noticed Bulma’s cell phone resting on the ground at his feet. The name ‘Sumko’ was clearly on the screen and he didn’t feel that Bulma needed to speak with the other man after what had just happened. Carefully he kicked the phone away from them before bending down in front of Bulma, taking her face into his hands so she had to look at him.



“You’ll tell no one of this.” He whispered, watching as she locked eyes with him. Vegeta read the fear and sorrow in her eyes, silently cursing himself. This was one of the few people he could truly stand and he’d just attacked her for no real reason. “Kakarot is down stairs, playing some video game the last time I checked.” He finally spoke, glancing off to the side in anger at himself. Fuck, there is only one way to prevent her from starting anything and I really don’t feel like dealing with Sumko and Kakarot–I just know she’ll get them both involved.



“Bulma–I’m sorry.”



Her head snapped up making her wavy blue hair move away from her face. Tears collected in her eyes as she looked at her friend, without warning she launched herself into his arms making him fall to the floor.



“I’m sorry; I don’t know what I did to make you so mad. I just haven’t been myself lately.” She sobbed in his arms, completely catching Vegeta off guard.



What the hell?



“I shouldn’t have treated you like I did last week and then ignore you. We’re friends, friends shouldn’t act like that.” she stopped crying, looking up at him from her spot on his lap. Carefully she angled her head up and pressed her glossy lips to Vegeta’s.



His whole body stiffened before his arms came around her, pulling Bulma’s body even closer to his own. After what seemed like a lifetime, Vegeta felt Bulma pull away from his embrace. There was regret in her eyes before she removed herself from his lap. Straightening her shirt and combing her hair with her fingers–Bulma turned to collect her cell phone.



“I’ll see you later.” Bulma smiled, acting like nothing had just happened. She left Vegeta sitting on the floor, staring after her and wondering what had just happened.



When the door clicked shut he shook his head and looked around for any sign that hell had frozen over. “What the hell just happened?” he asked himself out loud, still feeling her lips on his own and wondering if he’d imagined the whole thing.



---



Bulma headed down the steps, hearing shouting and smiling to herself. As she headed towards the area Vegeta had specified she began to wonder what was going on with her mind.



I just kissed Vegeta–on the lips–and it wasn’t a friend kiss either! I just made-out with him, what the hell is wrong with me?



Before she could go further into her thoughts, she realized that Goku was no where to be seen. “FUCKING HELL!” she screamed, trying to calm herself as she drew the attention of every male present. Several had their eyebrows raised and others just looked amused.



“And that is one of Vegeta’s friends.” Was the comment one made causing all of them to laugh, “You see how he manages to convert even the calmest person into that.”



“Well at least she is hot.” Another spoke up earning several laughs and nods of agreement.



Bulma put on her cutest smile and sauntered over to them all the while seething inside. “You think I’m hot?” she worked up a blush as she now stood in front of all of them. “You all think I’m hot?” this got several to voice their agreement and others to just stare at her. While they were all focusing on her chest she moved and snatched up the PS2 before throwing it at them. “WHY DON’T YOU ASSHOLES GO TO HELL?”



After watching several of them do a double take at how her attitude had done a 180 on them she stormed out the door and to her car. She glanced idly at the time, 9:33 pm, and sighed. “Great, just fucking great.”



---



The woman smiled up at the handsome officer standing next to her car, she glanced around before focusing on him once more.



“You realize you were going 20 MPH over the speed limit, correct?” the man asked, glancing down the long stretch of highway absently before looking back at the woman who seemed to be checking him out.



“I’m sorry Officer, but I believe my speedometer may be broken. I’ve taken this vehicle to the repair shop several times and my car seems to keep getting worse.” she smiled, brushing a strand of blond hair behind her ear. Wow, who thought cops could be this hot? What is this guy doing being a police officer and not an actor or something. Her grin widened, Wonder what he looks like without the uniform or better yet without anything at all.



“I’m going to need to see your license and registration. Its procedure, ma’am.” the man glanced around once more before taking the offered papers. “Can you step out of the vehicle?” he watched as confusion set in on her pretty features.



“Sure.” she opened the car door and stepped out, her heels clicking softly on the pavement. Her soft brown eyes took in her surroundings and the flashing lights of the cop car. “May I ask if there is something wrong.”



“Nothing is wrong, at the moment, I just needed for you to comply with my orders.” the man removed a cloth from his pocket before swiftly placing it over the woman’s face. She started to struggle against him violently, her muffled screams reaching only her attacker’s ears. Her silent eyes begged him to stop before she went completely limp against his body. Carefully he placed her down on the ground, stepping over her prone form before heading back to his vehicle.



Reaching inside the man retrieved the scarf laying in the passenger seat before glancing at the clock to see it was 12:32 a.m., slamming the car door and approaching the woman. He glanced down at her, around to see if any vehicles were coming one last time and wrapped the scarf around her neck.



This will look like a crime of passion, they’ll look at family or friends. Ex lovers or boyfriends. Stupid cops.



When her heart finally stopped and she was dead, the killer stood back and admired his work. There was nothing more to do except return the hotwired car, hide the police uniform and gloves, get some rest and watch the media coverage this would produce.



There was nothing more for the killer there as they drove off leaving the woman lying on the side of the road, a blood red scarf tied around her neck and a mystery for her friends and family to try and unravel.



---



Goku stood before the vending machine at 2 am and looked around at all the snacks before him, silently wondering what he wanted to eat now. His face took on a look of contemplation before it brightened to a look of complete happiness. “They have goldfish crackers in here!” his stomach always seemed to win out over common sense, years before it hadn’t, but now he enjoyed being carefree.



“Damnit all to hell there you are!” Bulma scowled, hands on hips as she glared her friend down. “Where the hell have you been?”



Goku glanced away from his current one true love to see Bulma’s furious expression and scratching his head finally answered, “Umm….I’ve been around.” he raised an eyebrow when Bulma hissed. “Are you ok? You look stressed.”



“OF COURSE I’M STRESSED I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU ALL NIGHT LONG AND I’VE HAD TO DEAL WITH A LOT OF DUMBASSES DURING MY SEARCH FOR YOUR SORRY ASS!” Bulma took a deep breath before stalking towards him with murder written into her features.



“Ok Bulma, breath in and out. In and out.” he watched as she stopped in front of him, poking him in the chest.



“You’re just too damn naïve for my tastes! You don’t even know when you’re messing with certain death!” suddenly she grinned wickedly. “I know about this party coming up and you know the who, what, where, when, how, and why. I’ve been bored lately and want to get my mind off of recent happenings. Besides, you seem to always know about these kinds of things.”



“Oh, well there are a few things they’re still talking about. I’ll let you know tomorrow or the next day. Now if you’ll excuse me, there are some goldfish crackers calling my name and they’re calling it very loudly.” Bulma shook her head before turning to head up the stairs only to run straight into Asoku.



“Just getting back? Isn’t it a little late to be out?” she looked behind him, “Where’s Marron? You cheating on her?” Bulma smirked, “Knew you were that kind of guy.” she started up the stairs before a hand on her wrist spun her around.



“Why are you such a bitch? Is it because you hang around Vegeta so much? You’ve got his personality, that’s for sure.”



Bulma jerked her wrist out of his hand, glaring hatefully at him. “One of these days you’re going to get yours and I hope that I’m there to see it because I’m going to enjoy every fucking minute of it!” she grinned wickedly at him before storming up the stairs with Asoku hot on her heals.



“You fucking whore!” his voice rang down the hall causing one of the doors to creak open, unnoticed by the two occupants of the hall.



“Did you just call me a whore?” blue fire burned in Bulma’s eyes as she stormed up to him, shoving him backwards before bringing her hand up to smack him across the face. His hand caught hers before he flashed her a brilliant smile that sent chills up her spine.



“Yeah, I called you a whore because that’s exactly what you are.” he smirked coldly, bringing his free hand back to smack her across the face before a strong hand clamped down over his shoulder.



“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” the voice behind him spoke softly, no attempt to hide the threat the speaker promised.



“Vegeta, can’t you just stay out of things for once in your life?”



“No, there isn’t any fun in just sitting back and watching, I like to get involved.” Vegeta’s arrogant smirked caused Asoku’s to drop.



“Fine. But next time you’re not going to be here to step in and save this blue haired bitch.” on that final note he stormed off down the hall leaving the two alone.



“Do I always have to save you every time you open your mouth?” Vegeta chuckled, not waiting for Bulma to answer as he headed back to his suite leaving her standing in the hallway staring after him.



“I’m not a bitch.” Bulma muttered before heading to her own room, she needed some rest after a long day.



End of Chapter


Thanks to those who have reviewed this story, I hope you enjoyed chapter six! Don't forget to leave a review, I should have the next chapter up in several days (possibly a little over a week) so watch out for that chapter!


REVIEW