Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends ❯ Crossing Yellow Tape ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any Urban Legends (created or on the movie) blah blah blah...

Warning: Graphic scenes

Urban Legends
Chapter Twelve
: Crossing Yellow Tape

Launch waited for an answer on the other end, “Hello? Is anyone there?” she let aggravation slip into her voice as she waited yet again for an answer.

“You’re going to die tonight.” the chilling distorted voice came over the line.

“Ha ha, very funny. You think I’m stupid? This is some stupid little prank one of you sick little fuckers are trying to play. You picked the wrong girl to mess with.” Launch hung up, glaring at the receiver as she returned to the movie playing. She was half tempted to throw the phone across the room in her anger.

The phone rang again, sighing she answered. “Hello?”

“That was rude, I don’t like being treated like that.” the voice on the other end sent a shiver down her spine. Launch looked out the window; she couldn’t see anything since she’d forgotten to turn on the outside lights.

“You threatened me! And you expect me to be decent to you? Are you fucking crazy?” Launch’s eyes narrowed, some of Vegeta appeared to have rubbed off on her.

“Yeah, I guess I am.” this time the voice came from behind her, Launch jumped up and out of her seat to stare at the figure dressed in black standing behind her, a cell phone clutched in one hand and a knife in the other.

“Who are you?” Launch whispered while backing up from the menacing figure before her, tears filled her eyes as she thought back to all who’d want to harm her. “What did I ever do to you?” Her blue eyes became glassy as the tears started to fall.

“You fucking bitch!” the killer hissed, advancing on the blue haired female. Launch continued to back up until her legs hit the coffee table, tripping her in the process.

The killer swung the knife at Launch, catching her on the arm and earning a pained howl. Blood started running down her arm and onto the carpet as she turned to run. Another slash appeared on Launch's back followed by another pained howl escaping from her lips as more blood came out of her wounds.

“Please, please don’t kill me!” Launch wailed, running out of the room with the killer hot on her trail. “Please!”

The murderer ignored her pleas and cries of pain as they raced after their victim. There was a noticeable blood trail on the ground from Launch’s wounds, blood splatter everywhere as they moved through the house. Launch’s feet left bloody footprints as her feet landed in her own blood.

She darted around a corner before throwing herself into the nearest room; she looked around the room before diving under the bed. She heard the door open and the footsteps of the killer entering the room. Launch stifled her breathing, trying to make herself unknown. The footsteps seemed to stop before they started retreating from the room and the door shut.

A sigh escaped her lips before she felt something grab a hold of her ankles and yank her out from under the bed. Tears built in her eyes as fear consumed her completely. “Please, don’t.”

The knife raised and came down across her cheek, a small cry of surprise escaped before it turned into a painful yell as this time the knife slashed across her stomach. The masked person bent down, pinning Launch to the floor as they pried her mouth open and cut out her tongue. And then the killer filled with anger, raising the knife once more before removing their mask to allow their victim to see their face. Launch’s eyes took in the sight of her murderer as they brought the knife down and started stabbing her. The gurgling, painful moans finally died as the life slipped out of Launch’s blue eyes that finally stared lifelessly up at the ceiling. A pool of blood coated the floor beneath Launch’s body and the murderer.

The killer stopped, looking down at the lifeless person before them. Turning to look out the window at the two trees just outside, a wicked gleam entered the killer’s eyes as they looked down at the body before they got up and went out of the room.

Twenty minutes later and they were all set up before returning to drag Launch’s body out of the room, down the hallway and out the front door to the waiting supplies. The figure tied each of Launch’s wrists with the rope they’d set up outside. It took awhile before it was complete; Launch’s dead body was left hanging five feet off the ground, tied at the wrists in between the two trees in the front yard.

Blood coated the ground below her as she hung there, her head slumped forward. The entire house was covered in blood from the violent struggle; the killer took one last look at their handy work, the most violent legend by far. It would gain major press coverage and strike fear into the hearts of everyone in the college town. Who cares if they had deviated from the original urban legend, the other competitor had done the same.

---

Vegeta stared up at the ceiling in his door room, a bored expression on his face as he wondered why Launch hadn’t invited him inside. He knew she had wanted to, her parents were gone and the whole house was empty without them there. Now he was bored, he’d taken his usual hot shower and cleaned out the fridge to satisfy his growling stomach–what else was there to do? No parties, nothing on TV, and there was no way in hell he was studying.

It would have been a night they wouldn’t have forgotten and now he was bored out of his mind. Finally he turned over, glancing at the blank screen on his huge TV before grabbing up the remote. Something had to be on, something interesting. They probably had Chichi’s death filling up all the TV stations; it had been morbid to say the least. Goku had probably avoided the TV since he’d found out about Chichi’s death. There had been five different stations outside the campus, waiting for a glimpse of anything. Grieving friends/family or even the ambulance.

He watched as the screen flashed on channel 5 and there appeared to have been another killing in their town. Vegeta groaned, two killings, two different killings. He rolled off the bed and stood up, grabbing his car keys as he headed out the door. It was like a fucking movie and he was getting sick of it all–the way the press splashed it on the news drove him insane. They were taking this whole thing too far, sure people needed to know about these deaths, but the things they were adding to their stories was annoying.

Launch wouldn’t mind him showing up at this hour, he was bored and there was always something to do with her. He drove down the road, turning onto her street and saw the flashing red and blue lights. Shock filled him rapidly as he pulled over and got out of the car. Vegeta raced towards Launch’s house, pushing past several of the curious onlookers as he made his way to the front, ducking under the police tape before an officer tried to restrain him.

“You can’t cross that tape! This is a crime scene.”

“THAT IS MY FUCKING GIRLFRIEND’S HOUSE!” Vegeta yelled while shoving the officer aside and looking towards the house he’d dropped Launch off at a few hours before. The sight before him wasn’t expected and the sight of her hanging between the two trees brought a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. If he’d only have watched a little more of the news to see more about the other murder, he’d have known. Her navy blue hair covered her face; blood coated her body completely from the cuts and gashes on her. Launch’s head hung down as if she were staring at something unknown below her. For the first time a few tears collected in his eyes–bitter, hateful tears as he realized that this had to be his fault–somehow it had to be. If he’d have just stayed with her, this wouldn’t have happened. He knew it wouldn’t have.

There were already several reporters flocking to the scene of the horrific murder, cameras and reporters posted–informing the public of the most recent murder. As the officer tried once again to remove him, Vegeta swung out and let his fist connect with the officer’s nose. Blood quickly started coming out of his nose as another officer came over to remove the ‘threat’ from the vicinity.

“THAT’S MY GIRLFRIEND!” he yelled, anger welling up in his chest as he saw the reporters quickly clambering for more footage as he fought against several cops now, managing to take out two more before they pinned and cuffed him.

As they started to lead him away to the cop car, he looked out into the crowd and caught the eyes of another blue haired female. Bulma stood there, tears streaming down her face as she raced across the lawn towards them.

“Oh for the love of God, what is with these people? Does ‘Do Not Cross’ mean nothing nowadays?” one of the cops hissed, quickly trying to head Bulma off as she made her way to Vegeta who was being shoved and dragged towards the cop car still, fighting the whole way.

“VEGETA! VEGETA!” Bulma screamed, getting caught in the grip of one of the police officers after she’d dodged the first one’s attempt at catching her. “Let me go! Vegeta!” she yelled, “GOKU IS DEAD!” her voice rang out in the night, several reporters who were familiar with that name–since their stations were also covering that murder–immediately started a frenzied rush towards Bulma and Vegeta at the thought of the two murders connected or at least getting an interview with the victims friends/family.

Vegeta just stared at Bulma who was being held back by one of the cops, he continued to fight against the officer who was currently shoving him into one of the vehicles. He watched as Bulma tried unsuccessfully to free herself from her own troubles as she was led away to another cop car.

“Take these two down to the station, we can’t have anymore of this going on while we try to process the scene.” on of the forensic team members spoke briefly with the police chief who informed another officer to take them away.

Bulma started pounding on the window, “LET ME OUT YOU FUCKERS! I DIDN’T DO A DAMN THING!” her voice was slightly muffled, but did turn a few heads as she continued to bang. The door was flung open as she was hauled out, pushed against the car and cuffed. “Hey! Get these things off me!” her protest fell on deaf ears as she was led to the car Vegeta was currently in, before she too was pushed inside. “HEY!”

Growling she made an attempt at leaning back and kicking the car window until Vegeta spoke, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” he growled, glaring out the window. “They have nothing to hold us on…well besides crossing that yellow tape, resisting arrest and a whole list of other things. Never mind, go ahead and kick that fucking window out.” he watched as she moved herself back up to where she was sitting properly in the seat with a scowl etched on her face. Her hair was mused from her struggle and he was happy to know that Bulma Briefs could look unkempt, at least for a little while and not always look perfect.

Bulma turned and glared at him before pushing back against the seat. “My dad will get me out of this!”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever.” he glared out the window next to him, the tears that had burned the backs of his eyes dissipated. Launch was gone; there was nothing more that could be done. Several others that he knew were also dead. Things couldn’t be any worse for anyone in the small town.

“DON’T ACT LIKE THAT!” Bulma screamed, outraged at Vegeta’s no care attitude. “We are going to get out of this and they’re not pinning anything on me–or you–because we didn’t do shit!” Bulma glared, watching as the cop came back to the car and got in. “You have no grounds to hold either of us on and unless you want to eat your fucking badge you’ll un-cuff both of us this fucking instant! Do you have any idea who you’re messing with?” the dangerous tone in Bulma’s voice caused the inexperienced officer to wince and turn around to regard the two people in the backseat.

“And who am I messing with?” he rose to the challenge, recognizing Vegeta from another murder, he’d called it in.

Vegeta spoke up this time, tired of just sitting there listening to Bulma bitch back and forth with the stupid cops.

“Vegeta Ouji, my father is Vegeta Ouji; founder, owner and President of Ouji Inc. one of the single most powerful men on this planet! This very loud and annoying female is Bulma Briefs, daughter of renowned Dr. Theodore Briefs-the founder, owner, and President of Capsule Corp and yet again another one of the single most powerful men on the planet! You have any idea what kind of people you’re fucking with? Well let me tell you,” the anger and threat in his eyes was enough to make the inexperienced officer fight back the urge to cry. “The people who are going to shove that stupid badge up your ass-so far up there that you’ll be able to taste the metal it’s made of, the very same people that will make you wish for death no matter how painful it may be!”

Bulma just sat there, amused at how quickly Vegeta had jumped in and gained the upper hand with a police officer in a matter of minutes while he was handcuffed, shoved in the backseat of a cop car and pissed as hell. She finally decided she wanted some more action and opened her mouth to finish off the conversation, her way.

“And if you’re lucky, they’ll hold Vegeta back from pounding the shit out of you with your own nightstick!” a smirk took over her features, mirroring one of Vegeta’s patented ones that would send chills up and down any normal person’s spine.

The cop gulped, looking out the window at his superior officer and wondering which fate would be worse. The one the little blue haired female and her devious looking friend promised him or getting yelled at by the man just outside the car and possibly fired.

“If you’ll just shut the hell up, I’ll take you two about four blocks from here and let you go! God, I don’t want to deal with either of you and the headache alone isn’t worth all the money in the world!” the officer groaned, sighing in relief when Bulma relaxed with a smile of victory on her face.

Nice save, Jack. You probably just saved yourself from an early grave at the hands of a 22 year old college student.

“Great!” Bulma chirped, grinning over at her friend. Her eyes mocking him since he hadn’t spoken up first, which she knew if he had finished what he’d obliviously wanted to say the man in the front seat would have passed out from fright and they’d be stuck back there for a long time.

End of Chapter

Well, that had to have been an interesting development. I’ll have the next update by Friday next week or Sunday. Hope you enjoyed that chapter and thanks to those who reviewed. Hope this chapter wasn’t too much of a shock.