Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What Do I Know? ❯ Chapter 17

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
(Six Hours Later)
Bulma wiped the seat from her brow and looked over at Vegeta, who was doing the same thing.
"Now, Veggie, we are going to find my father and ask him if he knows, but first we need to lose our little friends," Bulma said with a motion toward the four Sayians. Vegeta nodded.
"How do we do that?" Bulma smirked evilly.
"There is a little gathering going on right now. We are going through there and we should lose them. Also, we are going to mask our 'ki' signatures." Vegeta smirked. He liked this plan already. Bulma fazed out as did Vegeta knowing the guards could still feel their 'ki.' Before reappearing in between the said guards and running out the doors. They ran down long corridors, the guards yelling at them to stop. Bulma and Vegeta smirked at each other as they entered the crowded ballroom that was being used. The guards stopped at the door as they watched the two disappear into the crowd. Suddenly their 'ki' signatures disappeared from the scouter and the guards were left cluelessly looking through the crowds. As the guards looked Vegeta and Bulma exited on the other end of the crowd with two wide smirks before disappearing again and exiting out the door that they had entered. Vegeta followed behind Bulma as they headed toward the soldier's quarters where Radditz was resting. "Home, sweet home," Bulma said entering in her code and entering her home. Vegeta stopped as they entered leaving Bulma to walk into her father's room. "Dad," she said as she walked up to his bed. Radditz grumbled something before opening his dark eyes.
"What, little one?" Bulma smiled.
"Why do I have guards?" Radditz opened his mouth, but Bulma stopped him. "And don't lie to me," she warned, I know when you are lying." Radditz closed his mouth and sat up.
"I can not tell you, little one," he said as he sat up. "Just know that they are to stay wi-" he looked around before returning his gaze to her a slight smirk on his face as he tried to look angry, but not succeeding. "You lost them already?" Bulma smirked and nodded. "You are too smart for your own good. You will keep them with you at all times," he said. "If you do not, I will be forced to lock you in the house." Bulma frowned. He was serious.
"Okay," she said with a pout. "They will be with me at all times." She headed back into the living room where Vegeta stood with a frown. "You heard all that, right?" Vegeta nodded.
"Well, you're stuck, but not me." Radditz entered the room and noticed Vegeta without his companions.
"Prince Vegeta, you know what your father would do if you disobeyed him about your guards," Radditz stated. Vegeta's frown deepened, but he nodded. "Both of you go find them." Vegeta grumbled as they headed for the door. He normally would not listen to a low class such as Radditz, but his father would punish him by taking away from his training time and Vegeta would not have that. They headed back toward the crowded room only to be greeted by the Queen. Her eyes smiled even if her face did not.
"Vegeta and Bulma, King Vegeta has requested your appearance in the Throne Room," she said as she headed into the crowded room and left them alone. Both glanced at each other. This was not good. They were in some definite trouble.

King Vegeta looked up as his brat and Radditz's brat walked into the room. On his right side stood all four guards, scowling.
"Brats," he said, "I hear that you escaped from your guards today." They nodded.
"Why must we have guards?" Vegeta asked in annoyance. "We are not kids any more!" The King frowned in frustration.
"I can not tell you right now, but they must stay with you at all times. Understand?" Both of them nodded again. "You can go now." Their respective body guards followed behind them as they exited the room.
"I will find out what the are protecting us from," Bulma mouthed to Vegeta who nodded.

(Three Days Later)
Dana entered a dark room with a frown and began to look around.
"Who's there?" she asked the darkness.
"Me," a voice said as someone stepped part way into the light. It was mostly a deep purple beside it's feet, arms, chest and tip of it's tail, that were metallic. The creature would not step into the light, but Dana kinda knew who it was.
"Lord Cooler," she asked. It finally stepped fully into the light.
"I'm surprised that you remember me," it stated with satisfaction. "That just means I made a good impression on you." Dana bowed. She hadn't seen Cooler in years, but she vaguely remembered him and what she remembered was enough. Cooler smirked.
"Yamcha tells me that you are glad to be free from the Sayians." Dana nodded. "Unfortunately, you are still low class here." Dana frowned. She didn't know what he meant by that. Suddenly Yamcha appeared. He grabbed her by her hair and dragged her away from Cooler as a scream formed on her lips.

Vegeta frowned as Bulma and him enter her house late one night three nights from the time she asked Radditz about the guards.
"Trust me," Bulma whispered as they passed her brother's room. They continued to her father's room quietly. "Radditz talks in his sleep," she said with a smirk.