Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Think ❯ Let Go of the Past ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Twenty Seven: Let Go of the Past
 
 
 
He let her sleep, looking at the clock to make sure she got a few minutes of rest before he woke her up again. He did just that ten minutes later, rolling over and pressing her into the bed.
 
Bulma woke up feeling incredibly hot, and she wondered if the house was on fire. Her eyes shot open, but all she saw was Vegeta smirking down at her. She gave him a sleepy lop-sided smile herself, and wrapped her arms around his shoulders in a lazy gesture. "Good morning, Vegeta."
 
He glanced briefly at the clock beside her bed, and said, "Considering you only slept for about twenty five minutes, I guess so."
 
Bulma felt herself turning red when she realized why she felt so hot. She swallowed. "Err, Vegeta?"
 
He started kissing his way down to the column of her neck, where he placed a few kisses. He raised himself up until his lips were by her ear, and asked in a deep voice, "Yes?"
 
She felt a shudder go down her spine at the sound of his voice, and her hold tightened around his shoulders when he started nibbling on her earlobe. "I take it you're not done with me."
 
He made a negative sound in his throat, causing her to giggle. "Alright, but don't complain when I'm not able to walk."
 
His fingers started to wander downwards, and he chuckled. "Who says either of us is getting out of this bed today?"
 
"Vegeta, I have work to do!! Unlike you, lazy, I have a job!!" she lightly smacked his shoulder, and then it turned into a caress as she worked her hand down his back to feel all of his hard muscles. The smile on his face seemed more relaxed, more real than normal, and she took that as a good sign. She sighed when his mouth covered hers and forced open her lips, demanding her tongue in a heated, greedy quest. She complied all too readily, which made a surge of heat wash over both them as they moaned.
 
It was over soon, all too much like the other ones, but neither of them complained. Bulma laid there, staring at the ceiling as Vegeta sat there and thought of a new position to invent. She tried to hide the silly smile off her face, but it didn't last very long. She ended up in the long run trying to help him figure out a position that no one else had ever thought of. Vegeta said they would call it "their secret position", if they ever figured one out. She just giggled and tried to climb out of bed, only to be pulled back in and nearly ravished.
 
After another four times, and a look at the clock, Bulma growled at Vegeta, who was looking rather smug at the moment. "Vegeta, I have to go to work." At the somewhat sad look that came over his face, she added, "Do you want to come with me?"
 
That smirk again. He sat up, bringing her into his arms as his fingers decided they would like to explore. "You won't get in trouble will you?"
 
She turned around so that she was facing him, and kissed the tip of his nose. "You forget, Veggie-head, that I'm the president of Capsule Corporation, and I'm allowed to do whatever I want."
 
He didn't bother with yelling at her and her use of his little "nickname", just ignored it and let it slip for the moment. He would have to punish her later.
 
Bulma got up, walking into the bathroom and leaving the door open a tiny bit so she could talk to the naked man in her bed. "So," she started, wrestling her fingers through her hair, "how was your spar with Goku?"
 
She could have sworn she heard him growl clear into the bathroom. "It was fine."
 
She peeked her head out through the door, seeing an almost child-like depressed look on his face, adding onto it with his crossed arms. He was sulking!!
 
"What happened?" she asked, plopping onto the bed next to him. He gave her a once-over, but it turned more into a "devour-you-with-my-eyes" type deal. He gave her a wary look afterwards, but all she returned was concern. He sighed, letting her go.
 
"Kakarott and I went to the sparring fields....We started to fight. I-I tried to kill him." He paused, looking closely at her as she scooted back closer to him.
 
"You didn't succeed, right?"
 
He closed his eyes, and fisted his hands. "I couldn't do it. I tried to, damn it, but...but something is...wrong with me now."
 
Bulma gave him a sad look, and pressed her lips to his temple. "Maybe things change, Vegeta."
 
"No!! I want to kill him!! I hate him!! It is my destiny to kill him!!"
 
Bulma wasn't in the least bit fazed from his outburst. "Vegeta...you said that you would always hate me, right?"
 
"I still do."
 
She sighed, wrapping her arms around his waist. "Nice try, Veg-head. But anyhow, you used to hate me, but now you don't. You used to hate Kaka—err, Goku, but now you don't. You thought that you would never have any kids...but you have one on the way, Vegeta. Maybe you should let go of the past, maybe you should give the future a try. Let it go, Vegeta. Your body is fighting it, and your heart and soul longs for it. Give it a try, see that some thing's aren't all bad. You think they are, but that is only because you live in the past. Maybe if you lived in the present, and gave the future a try, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Do you understand what I'm saying?" She gave him another concerned look, and it was all he could do but stare into her incredible blue eyes. He jerked his head away a moment later, and he gave a low growl.
 
"Yes, I understand, Woman. I-I'm just...just...."
 
"You're scared. I know. But don't worry. I'll be right here with you. You never have to face anything alone again."
 
He opened his eyes, and Bulma got a surprise when she saw how the normal hate and loathing was gone from them. They didn't look so empty, so hate-filled and lonely. It held sorrow, yes, but it held promise also. It was all she needed to know. He was going to give it a try. He was going to give the future a try.