Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When Dreams are Reality ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 9

Revelations.

The sunlight from Tristan's windows woke me up the next morning. Tristan was still asleep. I moved my arm from around her, being careful not to wake her. I dressed and sat on the edge of the bed. Last night was great, but something wasn't right. It wasn't with Tristan or me, but somehow I knew that something was coming. I stood up and walked over to her side of the bed. Even though we have been together for a few months, my heart still fluttered every time I saw her. I leaned over and stole a kiss. I went to the living room to call home and let kaasan know that I was alright when I heard a loud thump at the door. At first I thought it was Shay, but she would have a key. I opened the door and my heart fell to my stomach. A note was attached to her door by what looked like a miniature saw blade. Not only that, but hanging from it was the necklace from my dreams. I looked at it closely and I was sure that it was Illana's necklace. I removed the blade from the door and read the letter. That's when Tristan walked up behind me.

"Leaving me already?" She smiled.

"No." I said. I turned around and showed her what was left in her door. She took the necklace from me and studied it as if it were hers.

"This necklace is familiar. What does the note say?" She looked shocked after I read it:

You have found each other, but I have also found you. Tadashi and Illana will be no more. The end is near.

Could it be true? I slid the necklace from her fingers, opened the clasp, and put it around her neck. At this point she was looking at me like I had three heads. I released her hair from the ponytail holder and my jaw fell to the floor. I couldn't believe it.

"Illana?" I whispered. It was really her.

"I knew it was you." She said.

"Nani?!"

"You are Tadashi."

"How do you know about that?" I asked.

"I've been having these dreams that I was Illana." I was speechless. If it was just me having those dreams, I could say that they were just dreams. But she's been having them too. The note and the necklace meant that these dreams weren't just dreams. They were real.

"Get dressed, we have to go."

I didn't want to bring kaasan into this, but I need her help. We told her out story, leaving out what happened while I was at Tristan's. I know that she knew already. She said that Tristan could stay with us until things were figured out. Someone obviously knew where she lived for them to leave the note and the necklace.

I went to Goten's house to tell him the news.

"What's up" He said when he came to the door.

"I need your help." I started to tell him everything that I told kaasan. He was in as much disbelief as I was. But Goten was like my brother and I knew I had his support. We walked outside. Suddenly, we both felt a flare of someone's ki. As quickly as we felt it, it went away. That was definitely a Saiyan ki signature.

"What was that?" Goten said.

"I don't know, but I'm sure that it has something to do with all this."

"What other Saiyans are out there that we don't know about?"

"There shouldn't be anymore left." I said. This was all happening too fast. Someone was coming and the only thing I knew about them was that they were a Saiyan.

"Goten, I need something from you."

"What's that?"

"I need you to protect Tristan if something happens and I'm not around. Please. I love her."

"You didn't have to ask." He said. He put his hand on my shoulder. I was lucky to have a best friend like Goten.

"Are you sure about this?" Tristan asked me. We were in the armor room trying to decide what armor I would need. I looked at her standing in the doorway and thought that she may need armor too.

"I'm not going to sit back and let someone separate us again. And I'd rather find them than for them to find me." I walked over to the sword hanging on the wall and looked up at it. Mirai Trunks had given it to me on his last trip here. A few scratches could be seen from when he battled with it. "I never thought that I would ever have use for this." I took it from the wall and read the inscription at the base. `The sword is not to be feared, but the one who holds it. Wield it well.'

Tristan wrapped her arms around me. "I love you."

"I love you, too" I said. I left to see my father for some last minute training.

I sat down in the healing tank that my mother built. I was still bloody and bruised from the brawl my father and I had in the gravity chamber. My mother was showing Tristan how to operate the tank just in case she had to use it. I watched her face as the fluid filled the tank. I vowed to myself that I would give my own life before I let someone tear us apart again.