Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When Dreams are Reality ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 10

Betrayal

The signs of war were upon us. Word had gotten out that King Vegeta was the one who really killed my father, creating tension between the races. Now I felt guilty for the man that was wrongly accused for his murder. Of course the Saiyans were taking their king's side, but my people were choosing sides. Some were strong loyalists to my father, but others wanted the protection that the Saiyans could provide them. I was beginning to feel trapped between my people and my husband. Tadashi felt that I could be in danger, so he or Korion were always with me wherever I went. I was glad to have the escort but sometimes I just wanted to be alone. I was stressed out and it was taking a toll on my body and mind. I rarely saw Matron anymore. I didn't want to think this way about her, but I wasn't so sure if I could trust her anymore. She loved my father almost as much as I did, but now I'm worried that she may turn on me.

"Tadashi, you don't have to watch me every second. I'll be okay in here." I said. We were in our bedroom. I was about to bathe.

"I'm not watching you for your protection." He said as he watched me undress. The look in his eyes told me that he was watching for his own pleasure. The warm feeling I got whenever he looked at me was starting to spread to my lower body. He walked toward me and took me into his arms. Suddenly the door flew open, startling both of us. It was Matron with a disturbed look in her eyes.

"Excuse me for barging in, but I have an important matter to discuss with you, princess." She said through her teeth.

Tadashi looked at me. "I'll be okay." I said. Matron had picked the wrong time to rush in.

"I'll be right outside." He left and closed the door behind him. I walked over and picked up my white silk robe and put in on my still naked body.

"What is the meaning of this, Matron?" I said, tying the sash around my waist.

"I have tried to be patient with you, hoping that you would come to your senses."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Whose side are you on?" She had never looked at me with malice in her eyes until now.

"Matron, I am not going to choose sides. I have loyalties to both my father and my husband. I will not choose between them."

"Even though you husbands father killed yours? You are stupid to stay with him!" I walked over to my bed and sat on the floor.

"You would be hanged for taking that tone with me, Kunyasha!" Kunyasha was her real name. I slid my hand slowly across the carpet and rested on the metal hilt of my sword. Once again, my being over cautious was paying off.

"Very well." She began to reach behind her. "I have no choice but to kill a traitor to the king!" As soon as my eyes caught sight of her dagger, my hand pulled the sword from under the bed. I was surprised when she didn't attack right away, but I remembered that she had taught me herself. I knew her moves. I stood slowly, my sword still in its sheath, and looked her square in her face. I no longer saw the love in her eyes like I used to. The Matron I knew was gone, and this would be a fight to the death.

Looking at her choice for a weapon, I taunted her. "It looks like you're outmatched."

"I thought I taught you that a real swordswoman is never outmatched." She must have seen the sword hanging on the wall. I removed the swords sheath and she began to run toward it. I ran after her, trying to sever her legs. She stepped onto a small table and bounced off the wall, taking the sword with her. While she was in the air I took a downward swing but I missed. She was always a hair faster that me, which at this point could be fatal. She threw the sheath across the room and quickly spun around to face me. She ran toward me. She lifted the heavy sword above her head, one of her kill moves, and I interrupted the path of her word with mine. Her blow was so strong that my own sword pierced my hand. She continued to bear down on me, forcing me to one knee. A loud bang drew our attention to the other side of the room. The table was split in two and now lying on the floor. I must have split it when I swung at her. All of my swords were laser sharpened and could cut through anything. She noticed that I had looked away and lifted her arms for another blow. With the hand that was now bleeding, I hit her nose with the base of my palm as hard as I could. Stunned, she took a few steps back. She lifted her head and blood began to trickle down her face. I stood and resumed my fighting stance and she followed. Just then the door flew open. It was Tadashi. She knew that with him in the room, she had no chance of survival. She dropped the sword. Never taking our eyes off each other, she started to leave.

"You will pay for this!" She spat at me.

"Leave now!" Tadashi warned her. She looked him up and down, then at me. Tadashi slammed the door behind her when she left. I let go of the sword I was holding and fell to the floor. I couldn't stop the tears from spilling over. Tadashi walked over and picked me up, taking me over to the bed. As I cried in his arms and realized that this was only the beginning.