Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When Dreams are Reality ❯ Love and War ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 11

Love and war.

I saw less and less of my father as the days went on. Since he killed Illana's father, I've lost all respect for him. As far as Illana was concerned, she was trying to manage without him or her caretaker. She had to travel back to Tristan frequently to keep peace, although things were heating up from both sides. A few unruly Saiyans had to be taken care of personally. One even tried to poison her, which of course meant death in my judgment. Those incidents showed me that it was no longer safe for her to go there. But Illana was a fighter, and I knew that I was in for one by asking her not to go back for a while. Thinking about her being angry made me think about how her eyes turned a fiery blue when she was upset, and her eyes held that same fire when she was aroused. Just then her soft voice reached my ears. She was in the bathing in the bathroom that was connected to our room. The images of her naked body half submerged in the water made my body react. Someone knocked at the door, interrupting my path to the bathroom. I opened the door to find Korion looking worried.

"Tadashi, where is princess Illana?"

"She's in the other room. Why? What's wrong?"

"I just got word that her home planet has declared war with us, sir." He said.

"What?! That's like suicide." I put my hand on my head, wondering how I would tell Illana.

"I know. I just came back from there. I tried to talk them out of it, but they ordered all of us to leave immediately. Every since the attempted murder of the princess, there has been high hostility between our people and theirs." He paused. "What do you think she's going to do about this?"

I turned back toward the bathroom door. "I honestly don't know. I know she loves me, and no matter what she decides, I will love her."

"I hope she stays, for her life's sake." He bowed and left. I closed the door and continued my path to the bathroom. The steam from the water and Illana's singing greeted me as I opened the door. The bathroom was Illana's sanctuary. She had it designed like the swimming area of her home. The floors were marble, there were large plants around the area, and four columns outlined the corners of the tub which was the size of four of our king size bed. The light from the sunset gave the room a steamy glow. White suds had spilled out past the three steps that led into the tub and onto the floor. Illana was in the middle of the tub, singing something that I guess was in her native tongue. She still hadn't noticed that I entered the room. I watched as she let the water from her washcloth run down her back, leaving a trail of suds. I started to undress while walking over to face her. Her wet hair was covering her breasts and bubbles were all over her body. The sight of her reminded me of an x-rated picture. She smiled when she saw me. I took off my t-shirt and underwear and joined her in the tub.

"Spying on me now?" She said. I couldn't respond. I pulled her to me and kissed her deeply. My body started to react as she pressed her body against mine. I sat down on the floor of the tub and pulled her with me. She straddled me and I moved the hair from her breasts. The water stopped just under her breasts, inviting me to caress them.

"I came in here to wash, not fool around." She said smiling. She stood up. "So either you're going to wash too, or you'll just have to leave."

"Fine." I decided to play her game. I got up, feeling cocky, and watched as her eyes went down to my now erect body. I took the cloth and soap from her and began to wash her body. I was surprised when she returned the favor. We washed each other from head to toe, paying extra attention to our sensitive areas. We spent some more time touching and kissing before we rinsed off and went in the bedroom. I picked her up and pinned her on the bed. She liked when I got rough with her. Illana was the perfect lady, but behind closed doors, she was a true freak. She did things to me that I couldn't even dream about. We took each other to an erotic heaven, but still, in the back of my mind I knew I had to tell her what happened. I prayed for forgetfulness to take over, just for a few hours. It actually worked until we lay holding each other. I looked out the foggy window hoping that Illana was asleep.

"I love you, Tadashi." She said, half asleep.

"I love you, too." She sat up and looked at me.

"Something's not right. I can feel it."

"What are you talking about? Everything's fine." I lied. She looked at me with a look that said she knew I wasn't telling the truth. "You're right. Something is very wrong. I have to tell you something." I proceeded to tell her everything that Korion had told me, even that we were at war. She sat and listened with a hand covering her open mouth in disbelief. I didn't want to tell her all this bad news. She had just lost her father and her surrogate mother, now her planet was at war with mine.

"I have to go back. I can't stay away in their time of need." She said, getting up from the bed.

"No, it's too dangerous for you to go back! They made that decision without even consulting you and you are their queen!" I stood up, still naked.

"You're right. I am their queen and they are my people. I have a duty as their ruler to be there, especially now. I'm sorry, but I can't stay."

"I don't want to see you get killed, Illana. I know you're their queen, but you are my wife." I went to her. "I need you. You know what a weak Saiyan is capable of. Just imagine what would happen if you came up against an Elite. This is suicide, Illana." I turned her to face me. "We are bonded with each other. If you die, I will too and I refuse to die that way. I'd rather be killed in battle." She turned away and walked to the window.

"They are my people." She said.

"Please, Illana. Don't go.

She turned around and kissed me. "For you, I will stay." I picked her up and carried her back to our bed. "But I must make one last trip back to Tristan."

"Then I will go with you."

She rolled her eyes and smiled. "Okay."

We spent the rest of the night talking about what we would do about out situation until we fell asleep.

Nothing happened between the Tristans and the Saiyans for two whole months but you could still feel the tension in the air. My mind jumped from that to Illana and how she's been acting lately. She's different, but I can't pinpoint the difference. She's more tired now, she doesn't even like training anymore and she used to train as much as I did. She was a lot more delicate now, too. I guess the stress is starting to take its toll on her body. She had made and carried out arrangements for those who wanted to leave planet Tristan. She told them that they could return once things died down. Everyone who wanted to stay would deal with the Saiyans on their own. She didn't want to do it that way, but she had no choice. She gave her people the opportunity to live and whoever declined would be out of her hands.

A week later I found out that this period of peace was only the calm before the storm. Late that night explosions could be heard. Last minute training for the upcoming battle. This would be the last night Illana and I would spend together. We made love for the last time and fell asleep in each others arms. I woke up the next morning to find four Elite at my door coming for Illana.

***

I woke up just as the regeneration tank was draining. I got out and stretched. The fluid from the tank usually left me with a tense feeling in my muscles. Grabbing a towel I headed to the bathroom for a hot shower.

I walked back into my room to find Tristan sound asleep on my bed. She must have been standing watch while I was in the tank. I watched her sleep for a minute before waking her. I kneeled on the floor next to my bed. "Tristan, wake up." She didn't budge. I smiled and gathered her from my bed. I kissed her forehead and she loosely wrapped her arms around my neck. I was about to take her to her room, but I froze and changed my mind. Tristan never did like being alone. She told me that when her parents died she felt like she didn't have anyone else, and that she never wanted to feel that way again. I sat on my bed with her still in my arms. Tristan was usually a peaceful sleeper, but the look on her face said that she wasn't dreaming about fairytales tonight. I tried to wake her again.

"Tristan, baby wake up." I shook her again.

Her cloudy blue eyes looked into mine. I could tell that she was still in her dream. "Don't let them take me." She said.

I held her tightly. "I won't." I knew what she was talking about. She was having the same dream I was. After awhile she lifted her head.

"Bad dream?" I asked.

"I guess you already know what happened. Why do we always have those dreams at the same time?"

"I don't know, but I'm starting to worry. Things are coming to a point there and that might mean things are heating up here too." I said, looking into her eyes. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I know." She sighed. "So what do we do now?"

"We still have to play the waiting game until something happens. We can't do anything until then." I held her closer. "Want to go back to your room?" I asked. I really didn't want her to go.

"I'm pretty comfortable here. Besides, it's such a long walk." She complained.

"It's only down the hall." I laughed.

"Well you can go there, but I'm staying here." She moved from my arms to the other side of the bed and got under the covers. "Coming?"

I didn't answer. I got under the covers with her and pulled her to me. We didn't do anything. I fell into a dreamless sleep, something I haven't had in a long time.