Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When Dreams are Reality ❯ It's so hard to say goodbye ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 12

It's so hard to say goodbye.

My cell phone rang and a number I didn't recognize came up. I was glad I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Tristan!" It was Shay. I hadn't heard from her in a few days. "How's my favorite bitch doing?"

"Shay! What's up girl? I thought you forgot about me." I said.

"You know I didn't forget about you. How are things going?" She asked.

"I don't know. Nothing's happened yet."

"Can I go back to the house yet? My boyfriend is getting on my nerves."

"No, it's still too dangerous. Just stick it out for a while. Let me call you back. I'm doing some overtime work right now."

"Yeah, I bet you are. But let me ask you something." She said.

"What's that?"

"Is he good?"

"Shay!"

"What?"

I looked around. "Yes, he is! Now bye!"

"See you, girl."

I closed my phone. Shay could always make me smile.

I told Trunks that I would catch up with him later. I worked after hours just to occupy my time. Bulma had told me that she would understand if I didn't work for a while. Yet everyday I worked for at least a couple hours. Trunks spent a lot of his time in the gravity chamber with his father. Nights were our time together. I walked to the observation room that overlooked the gravity chamber. Trunks and Vegeta were fighting at lightning speed. They never ceased to amaze me when I would watch them spar. Everyday I would see something different; from ki waves to Super Saiyan. Bulma walked in the room a while later.

"How are you holding up?" She said, sitting next to me.

"Pretty much the same. I'm just hoping that things stay this quiet."

She looked out of the window at her husband and son. "I see Vegeta train by himself every day and I think nothing of it. It's in his blood. But I look at Trunks and how he trains every day now, and I start to worry." She smiled. "He must really love you to go through so much to protect you"

"I love him too, Bulma-san."

"I know you do." She looked back at Trunks and Vegeta. Vegeta had gotten the best of Trunks. Trunks was on one knee, Vegeta was in the air preparing a finishing blow. He put his hands together and said something I couldn't understand.

"You might want to cover your eyes." I took her advice and turned my head. Light filled the small room. After it died down, I turned to see Trunks getting up from the floor and Vegeta laughing. Bulma turned on the intercom.

"Vegeta, that's enough!" She turned to me. "Start up two regeneration tanks. They're going to need them."

I watched Trunks as he slept in the tank. The bruises and cuts on his face and body were slowly disappearing. His father was next to him, also banged up. I guess today was a slow day for them. They were usually near death by the time they finished. The timer on the tank said that they still had two hours left. I decided to go to my house to get some more of my things and maybe meet Shay somewhere.

The house was quiet when I walked in. Neither Shay nor I still stayed here. I looked around the house to make sure everything was still in its proper place. Everything looked alright until I got to my room. It wasn't a complete mess, but I could tell that someone had been here. Could someone have been looking for me? I heard a noise downstairs. I crept to the top of the stairs to see a tall female. She looked like a Saiyan. I only knew that because I always had dreams of being around them, so I know what to look for. Like spikey hair for starters. Trunks told me that there were none left that he didn't already know. I ran back into my room and grabbed my cell phone. I was about to call Trunks but I remembered that he was still in the tank.

"I know you're here, Illana. You can't hide from me." She said.

I stayed quiet, my mind racing to find a way out. My window was too high up to jump and I couldn't go downstairs. I silently cursed to myself.

"It looks like I'll have to find you." I prayed that she would walk toward the kitchen first, that way I could make a run for the door. I could hear her footsteps coming slowly up the stairs. My heart pounded in my ears. Suddenly I remembered the gun I kept in my closet. Daddy had taught me how to shoot a long time ago. I threw down the shoeboxes in my closet until I reached the right one. I looked at the silver revolver and counted three bullets. Her footsteps were closing in on my door and I pointed my gun, waiting for her head to come through. She entered my room and looked at me.

"Don't move! Leave now and I won't kill you." I said.

She laughed as if I just told a joke. "No need to worry, Illana. I didn't come to kill you yet."

"My name is Tristan, and I said leave!"

"Where is Tadashi, princess? Not here to protect you today?" She asked, taunting me.

I fired. She had to be as quick as Trunks because what would have been a head shot was only an ear graze.

"I can see that you are not in a talking mood right now. Very well, tell Tadashi to meet me tomorrow. He'll know how to find me." She turned to walk away. "And leave your little toy home." I fired again, but she disappeared. I took only what I needed and headed back to Trunks' house. When I got there, Trunks was already out of the tank.

Trunks let me have it when I returned. I told him the message that the mystery Saiyan had left for him.

"I knew this would happen eventually." He said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess."

We went upstairs to my room and sat on the bed.

"I guess this is our last night together." I said.

"Tristan, don't say that. Tomorrow all of this will be over."

"I hope you're right. I don't want to loose you again." I moved closer and kissed him. "We don't know what will happen tomorrow…"

He put his finger on my lips. "I'm way ahead of you."

***

I woke up to the sound of yelling behind our bedroom door. Tadashi jumped out of bed, prepared to fight. He told me to get up and go in the other room.

"Stay in here until I come for you." He closed the door behind him. Through the closed door I could hear yelling, crashing and a few ki explosions. I grabbed something to wear out of the closet. I was nearly naked when he woke me up. As soon as I put on my shoes, a Saiyan Elite came crashing through the window. My heart raced as he closed in on me.

He lifted his hand, preparing to fire his ki strait at my head. He had an evil grin on his face. "Sayonara princess." I closed my eyes, accepting my fate. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes to see Korion coming for me. The other man was now on the floor, dead.

"I got here as fast as I could." Korion said.

"Please, help Tadashi." I cried.

He picked me up from the floor. "I have to make sure you are safe. I have orders from the prince." He kicked open the door and ran into the room. Tadashi had just finished off the last of his attackers. Random cuts and blood trails could be seen on his body. He took my hand and all three of us started to run to some unknown place. Tadashi covered the front while Korion took care on anyone behind us. Soon we stopped at a room that was maybe four floors underground. The sound of explosions was muted behind the metal door. The room was filled from ceiling to floor with all kinds of armor and weapons. Tadashi pulled down vests for him, Korion, and me.

"What do we do now, sir?" Korion asked.

"I'm not sure. But we can't stay here." Tadashi started to cough. Blood started to roll from the corner of his mouth.

"Tadashi." I went to him.

"I'm alright. I just need to get you somewhere safe." He pushed the tight fitting armor over my head.

"It would be in her best interest to leave the planet. I can be her escort." Korion said.

"I can't leave you, Tadashi!"

He lowered his head and turned away. I touched his hand. He turned and looked into my eyes. "I'm sorry Illana." He took my hand. "We're going to the launch room."

Once again we traveled through the palace halls, fighting almost everyone we came across. Korion had gotten caught up in one fight and told us to go ahead. I didn't want to leave him behind, but Tadashi was still dragging me by the arm, telling me that it was too dangerous to stay. We finally reached the launch room after about five separate battles. Tadashi closed the door behind us.

"I'm sending you to the nearest planet. As soon as this dies down I will come for you. Once we're reunited we'll figure out what to do. But we can't stay here."

"Come with me now. I need you. We need you." I said.

"We, Illana?"

"Yes, Tadashi. I can't do raise our son without you. Please, come with me." I begged.

"I can't. Not yet. Give me one hour, not a minute longer." He leaned down and kissed me one last time. He helped me into the space pod and closed the hatch. I watched through the red glass as he typed in the coordinates for my trip. I didn't want to tell him about my pregnancy at a time like this, but I wanted him to come with me. I was afraid for him. Maybe if he knew about it, he would change his mind. He spoke through an intercom.

"I love you, Illana." Tears had welled up in his eyes and had begun to spill over. I had never seen him, or any Saiyan, cry before.

Tears began to stream down my own face. "I love you too, Tadashi." I began to feel drowsy. He must have put me in cryostasis. The last thing I saw before I woke up was Tadashi's face. After I awakened, all I saw was light.