Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When love and hate collide ❯ When was love such a crime? ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I do not own the rights to DBZ so don't sue me!

This is my first yaoi fic…be gentle with me please!

Thanks you for the reviews. I know some are thinking why I made Trunks act like that, I'll explain it all in future chapters. More angst to come!

When love and hate collide
Yaoi Trunks/Goten with a mix of other yaoi couples


The recording studio was cold and gloomy. This wasn't what he expected to be doing since leaving his family and friends behind almost eight years ago but he enjoyed what he did. Just the memories of thinking of home brought back a rush of emotions almost too much to handle. He told his brother and his father where he was going, not sure what he'd be doing or when he'd be back. Just anything to get out of the country and way from the one person that hurt him the most in his entire life.

Why was loving the one person so close to you such a crime? He couldn't answer the question that often floated into his thoughts at least twenty times a day. He smiled about the good times, frowned with the bad and cried when everything ended on a sour note.

The look on Trunks' face when the words spilt from his lips was one that he could not forget even if he could wish it away. That was the first time he'd seen his best friend so angry with him. Goten had done some stupid things to anger Trunks before, but this one took the cake. The mother of all anger was directed at him that afternoon in the meadow.
"Some times I wish I could turn back time and figure out what I did that was so wrong." Goten whispered to himself as he continued to let his mind wallow through the memories.

~Flashback~

Goten didn't remember much of the beating that Trunks pummeled on him that day. He welcomed the darkness of unconsciousness to help stop the pain of his heart being ripped out of his chest. The first real memory afterwards was one of his father Goku and Vegeta talking quietly at his bedside at the hospital. He dizzily tried to sit up finding it an almost impossible task

"Lay back Goten. You're in no condition to be up." Goku forced his youngest son to lie back down against the stiff hospital mattress. Two sets of dark eyes looked down on him with concern clearly written on their faces.
"I'm ok dad, just a little sore." Goten claimed through dry lips. He was lying to his father; he just wanted to get away from the sterile environment away from everything.
"Don't lie to your father whelp. You've been out of it for two weeks now." Vegeta stepped in throwing in his comments as Goten raised one of his arms to study all the wires and IV's that were connected to it with hazy vision.
"Two weeks?" Goten stumbled out in question. He hadn't realized he was asleep for so long. It felt just like yesterday he confessed his deepest secret to his best friend.
"Yeah, you've had us all worried sick Goten. If it wasn't for Vegeta finding you so quickly you would of probably died." Goku forced a small smile to his son before looking over at Vegeta that still wore a deep scowl.
"What my son did was dishonorable even though I dislike you third class bakas!" Vegeta snapped out, but something in his voice let on that he didn't dislike the Son family well all accept ChiChi. It was common knowledge that Vegeta and his mother never gotten along very well.

"You should of left me be. Would be a lot easier to live with." Goten whispered out as he turned his head away so no one could see the shimmering tears threatening to spill from his dark eyes. Goku heaved a deep sigh while Vegeta shifted in his stance clearly uneasy with the situation.
"I could never let one of my sons die like that Goten. It will get easier as time goes by. Time heals the wounded heart my son." His father said in a calming whisper rubbing Goten's back in comfort. So his father and Vegeta knew what had happened after all. Trunks probably blew it out of proportion.

~End flashback~

"Hello? Earth to Goten." A small hand waved in front of Goten's face trying to grab his drifting attention.
"Huh?"
"Are you alright? I've only been calling your name for five minutes here."
"I'm fine Ashley. Just doing some thinking." Goten mumbled out as he sat the acoustical guitar down that was in his lap on the stand next to him.
"Thinking of him again?" The petite woman asked as she placed her hand on his shoulder.
"How did you know?"
"I just know honey. Plus the tear on your cheek was a dead give away." Goten roughly wiped the single tear away quickly slightly embarrassed that he was caught thinking of his past once again.
"I can't help it."
"I know, I know. If you're ready go ahead and take off. I'll finish up the master tracks on that song ok?"
"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow?"
"When don't you see me Goten? I'm your manager for Pete's sake!"
"That's true. Have a good night Ashley." Goten gave her a small wave after he picked up his black leather trench coat from the chair and scooting out the side door out into a darken alley.


He arrived in America with nothing but the clothes in his bag and some money that his father had given him. Money that had probably come from Vegeta's pocket seeing there wasn't a whole lot of money that his father had. He found himself drifting from place to place working odd jobs for a time before finding an ad in a news paper one day. He remembered it clearly. Wanted: piano player for a small band. It sounded interesting for a second job to help make ends meet. Thanking his mother for pushing him into learning the dumb piano, Goten found himself playing small nightclubs every night of the week with barely any money coming from it. But he enjoyed playing as a stress reliever of sorts. Forgetting he was Son Goten for the moment with the weight of the world on his shoulders, forgetting the life he left behind to pursue a new one elsewhere. Forgetting he was the son of the greatest fighter in the universe, and trying to forget the love he fell into with a young prince.

His lucky stars were shining down on him when a woman discovered him one night at the club. She was looking for talent for her record label and she found just that with Goten. He was making cash playing back up piano on tracks for other bands in the beginning until Ashley caught him singing to himself in a dark studio one night. She immediately fell in love with his voice and since then he was a headliner not some no name back up player lost in the fine print on some bands album.

The day he called back home to tell his family that he did what he had set out to do was the day he found out his mother had passed away almost a year past. But he also got the news that his father and Vegeta were an item so to speak. Even thought Goten told his father that he was so happy for him that he wasn't alone, it also broke his heart knowing his dad got a prince and the father of the one love he had always admired.

Heartbroken once again, Goten locked himself away in his modest apartment writing. He wrote what was in his heart on sheets of music paper that littered the floors, furniture and tacked on walls. What came out of it all was a number one album that was filled with the raw emotions Goten had laid down on the white paper.

Unlocking his apartment door, Goten made his way through the mess in the dark easily to his bedroom. A bright streetlight gave off light into the small room as he stripped himself of his clothing before crawling into the cold bed.

"I wonder if he ever thinks about me like I think about him every day? I wonder if he's heard anything I've sang. Trunks, I sang just for you, you know that? I poured my heart and soul out to music just to show you how I feel and will always feel for you. You probably just hate me more don't you?" Goten whispered out the apparition of Trunks' smiling face in his memory.

~Flashback~
"You know if you do this we'll be blood brothers forever." Trunks said with excitement in his young voice. Goten studied his friend for a minute.
"What do you mean Trunks? We'll always be together right?"
"Yeah chibi. Who would want to live with out you anyways?" Trunks asked with a laugh as he tugged his best friend along the wild flower meadow.
"I know I can't live with out you Trunks, you're my bestest friend in the whole wide world." Goten chanted out throwing his arms open wide to show his best friend how special he was to him. Giggling they ran, tagging each other in a small game as they ran towards the old oak tree that stood on top of a small hill. This was their favorite spot to hide when they got into trouble. But the funny thing was, everyone knew where they went every time but never came looking for the small demi saiyans.

"Come here chibi." Trunks motioned for the chaotic haired boy to follow instead of chasing the small lizard he had just found sunbathing on a pile of rocks. Trunks pulled a small pocketknife out of his Gi pocket, flicking the blade out to shine in the mid afternoon sun.
"What are you doing with that?"
"What did I just tell you a few minutes ago Goten? I told you that we were going to become blood brothers just like those kids did on television." Trunks said with a small frown on his face but it didn't last when he looked at the innocent looking face that stared back at him. With knife poised over his palm, Trunks sliced down the center watching the blood beginning to pool in his small palm.
"Here." Trunks handed over the knife to Goten who just looked at it before looking back up at Trunks.
"It's going to hurt."
"No it's not, you're a saiyan Goten, and nothing hurts us." Trunks stated proudly as he waited for his friend to do the same as he had just done. Hesitating for a minute, Goten finally drew the knife down the center of his hand before dropping it to the grass at his feet. Grabbing the dark haired boy's hand, Trunks pushed both of their bleeding palms together with a small satisfying smile on his lips.

"There we're blood brothers now!"
"I don't feel anything different." Goten said with an innocent voice as he looked up into Trunks' blue eyes.
"You're not suppose to goofy."

~End flashback~

"You were wrong Trunks, if I wasn't suppose to feel anything why did I fall in love with you?" Goten traced the scar that was on his right palm remembering the day so clearly. That day marked the day he truly fell in love with his lavender haired prince. Feeling the tears starting to rise again, Goten rolled over onto his side and closed his eyes praying the dreams wouldn't be too terrible tonight.