Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When love and hate collide ❯ I regret all of it damn it! ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I do not own the rights to DBZ so please refrain from suing me.

Thank you all once again for your reviews!! *glomps her reviewers!*


When love and hate collide by Star Spangle Mistress



Shielding his face from the smoke and flames, Trunks checked as much of the lab that he could before heading towards the hallway that led to the main house. The flames and debris falling was becoming too intense to stick around much longer. Slamming the thick door behind him, Trunks coughed hard trying to clear his lungs of the burning smoke he had inhaled as he called out Leilani's name. He could feel the burns on his hands already, and the smoke making it so hard to drag a breath in.

"Leilani?" Trunks called once more with a ragged voice as he pushed himself off of his knees to continue walking down the hallway when he heard soft whimpering. His heart some how manage to lodge its self in his throat making it more difficult to breath. He pushed one of the doors in only to find it a storage closet with some brooms. The whimpering continued as he crossed the hallway into the office that his mother had given him while he was working in the lab area. The glass window was half missing; large shards littered the tile flooring.

"Leilani?" His voice becoming unsteadied, fearful he'd find her majorly injured by the way the room looked. Curled up under his desk, Leilani sat wheezing and coughing softly with her hands cupping each ear. Trunks bent down, taking her by the arms and pulling her against his chest, bringing the lab coat up around her face with the black smoke still filtering in through the broken glass. Making sure she was wrapped up soundly, Trunks made a fast exit from the room going towards the main house.


Ki blasts whizzed by Goku's head as he sparred with Vegeta out in their favorite open field. With their lives turned upside down over the last day, they figured that sparring would be a good idea to let out some frustration. Goku stopped in mid air suddenly, looking in the direction of Capsule Corp. then back towards his own home.

"Kakarott what the hell are you doing?" Vegeta snarled out, clearly pissed that training was halted. If this was sparring before himself and Goku got together, Vegeta would of thrown a ki blast at the unsuspecting saiyan to get his attention.
"Something isn't right Geta."
"What's not right?"
"Goten is at home and Leilani is at Capsule Corp. Gohan isn't even there, he's at the college right now."
"Nani? What the hell is she doing there?"
"I don't know. I think I should check it out though. Can you feel the raised ki over in that direction?"
"Kakarott don't you dare leave me here."
"Fine, then get your sexy ass over here so we can leave." Goku cooed out, wiggling his index finger towards his prince suggestively.


"Pan! Calm down now and listen to me. Trunks will find her I have faith in my big brother." Bra announced trying to console her friend that was going hysterical in the back yard.
"I'm going to be in so much trouble! Daddy doesn't even know I'm over here. I took the car without permission and Goten is going to kill me when he finds out. I'm so dead! I'm never going to get my drivers license now!" Pan muttered out really fast, her fingers digging into her bandana on top of her head.
"Goten didn't sound mad on the phone. He's on his way over here to get her. Just calm down."
"Yeah but you didn't tell him what was going on either. Just wait until he comes and sees this huge mess and and…" The sound of one of the doors being busted open grabbed everyone's attention as Trunks came through the door carrying precious cargo. Both girls sprinted to Trunks, grabbing the small child from his arms as Trunks collapsed to his knees gasping for breath.

Goku and Vegeta phased in near the back portion of the lab, both in awe over the smoke that still poured from broken windows and doors. Surveying the scene, Goku headed straight for his granddaughters that sat in the grass, the littlest one crying for her daddy over and over again.
"What the hell happened?" Vegeta asked harshly at his daughter who was looking between her father and brother wondering which one she should go to.
"Poppie had an accident in the lab." Bra answered as she watched Goku take Leilani from Pan's arms to comfort her.
"Why is Kakarott's granddaughter covered in soot then? Start explaining." Came the next question. Both girls looked at one another, both of them knowing they were in deep shit.
"Daddy can't we talk about this later? We should make sure she's alright along with Trunks here." The Saiyan no Ouji growled glaring at both girls before proceeding over to his mate and making sure that she was infact all right.

"Is she alright?" Trunks asked before coughing again as Bra knelt down beside him, moving some of his tousled hair out of his eyes.
"Yeah, she'll be just fine because of you."
"Good." He continued to cough and wheeze trying to clear his lungs thanking Dende he found her in time.


By the time Goten arrived in the back lawn of Capsule Corp., The fire department was dousing the last of the flames back from the main lab while the rest watched. If Goten's nerves weren't shot by now, they were totally gone.
"Where is she?" Goten asked in a panicky voice looking around until he caught sight of his daughter curled up in his father's embrace next to Vegeta. Racing over, he plucked her from Goku squeezing her in a bear hug before looking over the sooty face that peered back at him. Trunks, Pan and Bra stood away from the group watching Goten smothering the child with love, the feeling of relief flowing from his aura.

"She's fine Goten. Trunks got her out just in time." Goku told his son, pointing in the direction where Trunks stood with the girls still coughing. Goten glanced from his daughter to the lavender haired prince, his heart swelling. The youngest Son gulped trying to work up the courage to go and talk with Trunks but found his feet still firmly planted to the soft grass. Chocolate met blue, both sets of eyes only seeing the other for a moment before Trunks started coughing again. The young prince risked his life and health to go back in and get his daughter; it would be something he wouldn't soon forget even though Trunks hated him with a passion.

"I'll be right back Daddy, I'm going to take mister hero into the medical area." Bra called out pulling Trunks with her towards the small dome building on the other side of where the destroyed lab stood.
"Dad, take Leilani for a few minutes." Goten handed the small child to his father before jogging towards Trunks and Bra, his courage finally taking effect.
"Here, I'll make sure he gets there." Bra gave a nod of her head before going back to her best friend trying to figure out a way to get both of them out of trouble this time.

The walk to the med lab was silent only interrupted by Trunks coughing slightly trying to stifle it as much as possible.
"Thank you." Goten said in almost a whispered voice. Trunks stopped, turning his eyes towards his childhood best friend with a questioning look.
"For what?"
"Getting my little girl out of there. I know you hate me and all but you went back in after her. That's why I'm thanking you. She means the world to me and more." Goten's gaze came up from the tiled floor to look directly into Trunks' eyes before his courage ran out. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his worn out jeans before brushing past Trunks on his way out the door.

"Goten…wait." Trunks called out stopping Goten before he walked out the door. Now it was Trunks turn to summon the courage to speak.
"I don't hate you Goten. I never hated you." The young prince mumbled out before dropping his eyes down on the same tile floor Goten had found interesting moments before.
"What are you talking about Trunks? You do hate me other wise you would have never beaten me the way you have. You wouldn't have called me a freak, and I…I wouldn't of ran away for so long."
"I'm sorry for all of that too."
"Why? You weren't sorry when you did all of it!" Trunks bowed his head more realizing how much he actually hurt his friend, if Goten still was his friend.
"I regret all of it damn it! There are things you just don't know and just won't understand."
"Try me Trunks, you'd be surprised how much I understand since I've left." Goten said making his way back towards Trunks to stand directly in front of him.

"Not here. Not right now please." Trunks voice wavered slightly as he answered not noticing Goten movement. Deft fingers pushed Trunks' chin up, eyes locking on one another once more. Trunks swallowed audibly, a slight tremor coursed through his body.
"You know you can tell me anything right? I've always listened." A thumb wiped some of the coal black soot from Trunks' cheek. The young prince closed his eyes, his heart thudding in his chest loudly. He was surprised Goten didn't hear the rapid beating it was so loud.
"Yes." Came the uneasy reply before he started coughing again.
"Tell me Trunks. Please?" Blue eyes finally reopened fixing back on Goten's face. Trunks couldn't look at Goten's pleading eyes any longer; his resolve was breaking down fast.
"I…I can't right now…please forgive me." Trunks rattled out quickly before brushing petal soft lips over the dark haired saiyan's lips in front of him. Hesitating slightly, Trunks turned quickly pushing his way into the next room of the med area leaving Goten totally stunned holding two fingers to his lips in surprise.