Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Wrong Times ❯ Damare! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragoball Z/GT or any characters related.

Wrong Times

Chapter 4: Damare! (Shut up!)

Mirai Trunks tapped with his fingers on the control board. His face showed signs of ultimate boredom, and annoyance. He was stuck with two of the grumpiest men alive. Not even Pan could make up for that, the mood on board was awful. He had tried to calm both of them down, but failed.

"Face it Yuri," he said to the dragon radar inside the board computer. "This ship just isn't big enough for all of us."

Yuri bleeped. "Correction Trunks. Ship capacity is 4 human/alien beings. Maximum capacity is reached, but ship is not described as 'full'"

Trunks blinked. "Yes, but it's still not big enough for their ego's, Yuri. People don't always get along." he explained. Yuri's buttons blinked and he made some noise, processing this information.

"Affirmative, Trunks", but before the robot could continue, a red light popped on. Yuri's alarm went off, causing Trunks to fall of his chair.

"WARNING! WARNING! FIRE! ACTIVATE SHIPS SPRINKLERS!"

Trunks crawled back up, yelling "wait!" but it was too late.

"AAAAAH! YURI!!!" an enormous scream followed.

Trunks cringed.

"Too late" he mumbled and turned around to face a soaking wet Pan, who looked angry.

Very angry.

From the other side of the ship Vegeta and Piccolo appeared, only to stop abruptly at the sight of Pan. She shook off the worst, leaving a trail off water on the floor.

"I was TRYING to cook. It burned, a BIT. There's a difference between that, Yuri. LEARN" she growled. Trunks failed to hide his laughter, and was surprised to see a small chuckle coming from the Namek.

His father smirked. "Pah! You look even more ridiculous now, girl!" he laughed.

"Look who's talking, carrot head." she sneered, grabbing a towel Yuri handed her.

"Watch your words girl."

"I have a name, use it" she replied.

"Fire exterminated." Yuri commented.

"There was no fire, Yuri" Trunks hissed. Vegeta narrowed his eyes at the confused robot.

"Is THAT thing really necessary?" he growled.

"It's the Dragon Radar, Vegeta. We need it to find the balls." Piccolo explained, calmly.

Vegeta gave an annoyed look. "Thank you, Namek." he mocked. Piccolo grunted.

"Well?" Vegeta turned to Pan, who dried her hair.

"What?" she asked.

"Have you prepared food for us?"

"Food for you!? It was for me and Trunks, you have done nothing but hide inside the gravity training room. You can't expect me to cook for you when you don't ever show your face!" she yelled.

Trunks slapped his forehead and fell back in his chair. He exchanged a tired look with Piccolo.

"What! You.. And what about the Namek? He has done nothing but mediation!" he pointed. Piccolo looked up. "I don't EAT." he replied.

Vegeta's jaw dropped. "This is absurd! You expect me to spend quality time with you?" he asked.

Pan shook her head. "No, but you can behave like a normal person, and show your face. We're stuck together, Vegeta."

"I am preparing for our battles to come." Vegeta said, crossing his arms.

"And you are taking the only room to do that in. You won't allow us to train. You just lock yourself in there and ignore us."

The girl crossed her arms as well. This was a fight he was not going to win. In her future, she could have endless arguments with Vegeta. It was amusing. This, however, was serious. He was a monkey. A rude one, at that.

"I asked the Namek to spar with me! He refused!" Again Vegeta pointed at Piccolo, who frowned.

"I merely said I did not trust you enough to lock myself up with you. You are stronger, and you are more than willing to finish me off." Piccolo said, not looking away.

Trunks stroke his hair. "I don't know guys. I trained with father. Don't judge him like that."

Vegeta glared at him. "You shut up. We would not discuss our time spend together, remember?" he scowled.

Trunks moaned. He was not in the mood.

"Stop treating your only son like that, baka!" Pan suddenly yelled. "I'll spar with you, all right. Just tell me when. I'll cook for you, if you agree to train with us. You sleep on your own bed like the rest of us, and you DON'T lock yourself in the gravity room. UNDERSTOOD?"

Vegeta, Trunks and Piccolo blinked.

"Amazing how she resembles Goku's screeching wife." Piccolo remarked.

"And Bulma!" Vegeta laughed.

Trunks grinned. "Nice one, Pan" he said.

Pan stuck her tongue out, but turned bright red.

"Okay girl. You have a deal. But I warn you, I want some respect. Don't talk like that to me."

Pan shrugged. "I'll respect you when we spar." she said, smirking.

Vegeta rolled his eyes and sat down in one of the chairs.

Piccolo looked at him from the corner of his eyes, and then told them he was going to meditate in his room. Vegeta ignored him and looked at Pan, who glared back.

Trunk sighed. "Yuri?" he suddenly asked.

The robot bleeped. "Trunks?"

"Can you fix my father, Pan and me something to eat?"

Pan looked down at her soaking clothes and the puddle of water around her. "And while you're at it, want some help cleaning up?" she asked him, smiling.

"Negative, Pan. You need to put some dry clothes on. Statistics say that this is the cause of 75% of all common colds."

She blinked. "Err.. Yuri. Don't bother to inform us about statistics again. We need to work on your personality."

Again, the robot bleeped and replied with an "Affirmative."

Goku stared at the sky. The night was bright, but it only made him feel worse. He wanted to be up there, with Vegeta and the others. Incredible, how they were going to explore new worlds, fight new foes. And he was stuck here.

"Dad?" his son yawned and Goku turned around.

"Gohan. Shouldn't you be sleeping?" he asked, knowing the answer already. His son was worried.

"I can't sleep. I keep thinking about Mr. Piccolo, and Pan. You think they're okaY?" he asked, looking up as well.

Goku grinned.

"More than okay. 3 Sayians and the most powerful Namek in the universe. How can you be worried? They're having a blast, I'm sure." he said, only trying to convince himself.

His son nodded. "I guess so. But what if they run into that Tensho? Maybe they can't handle him.." Goku waved that comment off.

"Stop worrying about that, son. Your future daughter defeated Cell without breaking a sweat. We must have become far stronger in the future. Trunks and Vegeta have both trained intense. If they should run into him, they'll be fine."

Again, in his mind, he hoped he was right.

"Besides, your mother wouldn't let us go up there to help them, anyway. They're on their own." he sighed.

Goku knew it was Pan who ordered him to stay home, after Vegeta demanded to come with them. And maybe spending time with his family in times of peace was a good idea.

Still, he felt helpless. There was nothing wrong, here. Yet.

"A dragon ball is a dragon ball, Vegeta! We are NOT letting this chance slip away!"

Pan placed a hand on her hip and pointed at Yuri.

Weeks on board the ship did not improve the relationship between Vegeta and the others. While he allowed them inside the training room some of the time, most of the time he was isolated. Yet he still wanted to order them around. This was causing Pan to loose her temper.

Trunks got used to it, and could laugh about this most of the time. He was just glad he was able to spend even more time with his father, even though he still acted cold towards him.

"I still say we keep on moving and train, until we finally catch this Tensho of yours!" Vegeta growled back.

Piccolo had been observing the Saiyan Prince all this time. He was sure that Vegeta was going to cause trouble, and he had done so already. Not willing to cooperate in any way, he managed to upset Pan. And an angry Pan, he had learned, was bad news. There was definitely a bit of Chichi attitude inside the young girl.

One week ago

With a bored look Vegeta smacked his son down. They were sparring, in their normal forms, but somehow both distracted and not putting any effort in it. Trunks was still uncertain around his father. He had never given any comment on the fact he ascended first. Surpassed him. Even though he had lost the first battle with Cell, he had become stronger, before Vegeta could.

"Father." he started, curious about only one thing. He wanted to know how much stronger his father had become after spending ANOTHER year in the time chamber. Before the Cell games, he was in there for another day, so he had to be stronger. But why didn't he already show off his powers?

"What is it you want, boy." his father sneered. "I wanted to know, did you reach a new level?" the young man asked while bracing himself, ready to receive the next blow.

It came too soon, and he could barely avoid. "I am stronger, obviously." was the only answer he got. Trunks sighed and turned around, simultaneously kicking his father. Vegeta was unimpressed by the attack.

"You are not falling for that girl, are you?" Vegeta suddenly asked.

"Who? Pan?" he replied, immediately blushing. "Don't be ridiculous!"

Vegeta glared at him. "She's a Kakkarot spawn. No son of mine will ever come NEAR one of them. She's loud and obnoxious!" he continued, Trunks could only frown at the comment.

"So in many ways, she's like you!" a third voice suddenly added. It was Piccolo, the silent fourth passenger.

"Namek! You dare to use those pointy ears on our conversation?" Vegeta asked.

Piccolo ignored the comment and removed his cape.

"She's also Gohans daughter, a Saiyan and the only one who knows Tensho."

"Pah. That may be, but I am only warning the boy not to get too close to her.."

"Father! I think I'm able to decide those things for myself. And what if?!" Trunks said, immediately regretting the last comment.

"Just be careful," he hissed. "She'll get you killed. If you don't die by accident yourself." he mumbled and grabbed a towel.

Trunks blinked at his father and turned to Piccolo. "Hmm. I doubt I have to say this, Trunks." this one said, as he took a figting stance.

Trunks nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Ignore him."

End flashback

"It's settled then." A happy Pan nodded. "We're landing on the next planet."

Vegeta glared at her, but she wasn't bothered. Somehow this Vegeta despised her. She didn't like him one bit, herself. The jerk sure had changed in all those years. She sighed. The time difference still confused her. Different people, different times. Most definitely, the *wrong* time.

"So easy, yet so fun!" Tensho laughed, blasting another villager. "You people should try bowing down to me. I defeated your Zuunama and I'm only looking for something." he said in a loud voice.

He smirked, at the sight of a young woman, desperately trying to hide something. He approached her, slowly.

"By the looks of it, it seems you are hiding something from me. You wouldn't, would you?" he asked, chuckling.

There was no response from the frightened villager. The few villagers left crawled away at the sight of him.

"Tsk tsk. Defend this poor girl! She'll be gone in a few seconds. That is, if she doesn't give me what I want."

The woman shook her head. "No.. I can't.."

He frowned. "You dare? You ARE stupid, then!" he shook his head he said as he grabbed a small ball from the woman.

There it was, his first black star dragon ball. The beast had managed to take much of his time. He wasted enough. And grew tired of the weaklings around him. He wanted to collect the dragon balls, and do what he came to do in this time. A evil grin appeared on his blue face.

"Too easy.." he repeated. "Too easy."

"What planet are we landing on, Yuri?" Trunks asked the robot.

He patiently waited for the answer, but the "DD464032006RS, Trunks" didn't help. He looked over at Pan, who shrugged.

"Hey, I was 14 at the time! Giru said so many stuff, I didn't remember the exact numbers! If we're there, I can tell you what planet it is." she said. "That is, if they're the same as in my time."

Trunks nodded and looked over his shoulder. He found Piccolo, leaning against a wall.

"Where is father?" he asked.

"I'm not exactly his babysitter," The Namek slowly responded. "But he's in the gravity room. As usual."

Pan stood up and laughed. "I thought you came on this trip, just to babysit Vegeta. Silly me. I'll get him."

Piccolo smirked at her and turned to the screen, looking at the nearby planet.

"Curious." He commented.

"Have you ever been on another planet, Piccolo?" Trunks asked him.

"I've been on my home planet, Namek. But I have never traveled this far. I'm curious" He repeated.

"You should prepare for the landing, Vegeta."

Vegeta gave a final kick in the air and looked at Pan. "I should?" he asked, frowning. "If you say so."

Pan narrowed her eyes and handed him a towel. "Yeah, thanks. Just, it won't be an easy landing, so I suggest you take a seat."

"Thanks for the advice, brat. But I have traveled through space before." he said.

"Yeah, but not with Trunks steering." She grinned.

Vegeta smirked. "You have a point." he said as he turned down the gravity and turned off the lights.

Pan didn't wait for the Saiyan Prince to follow her as she made her way back to Trunks.

"WARNING! WARNING!" Yuri's voice suddenly sounded.

"No Yuri! I am not cooking ANYTHING!" Pan yelled instantly.

But the board computers voice continued: "Approaching mountain. Suggest early landing!"

Pan's eyes widened as she exchanged a look of terror with Vegeta and ran to Trunks and Piccolo.

"You can't fly!" she yelled. Trunks, concentrating on steering the heavy machine growled

"Thank you Pan!"

Pan rubbed the back of her head. "I mean, in my time.. you also crashed on the first planet. I.. I should have volunteered!" she yelled above the noise made by Yuri.

"A bit late for that, Pan." Piccolo commented as she sat down in the seat next to Trunks.

"Just brace yourselves and get us down there safely."