Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ You've Got Mail ❯ It's too late...She's gone. ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: What?

AN: Ello!! Wow second day and I've rewritten chapter two, I personally like the new version! You don't have to and since im writing the newer version on this stupid computer which isnt my computer :( then i can email u the original if you like it that much! Well here you go!!! I structure my writing so much better than i did 8 months ago! hehehehehehhehehehehe

You've Got Mail

Pan stood in front of her wardrobe taking all the clothes off from the hangers, out of the shelves and out of the drawers and then chucking them onto the bed. She neatly folded them and placed them into a pile on the far right of the bed. Then she gathered all her pants and folded them neatly placing them beside the pile of shirts. She grabbed all her underwear and bras and those sort of things and piled them neatly next to the pants.

Opening her drawer, she pulled out a little box. It was a capsule box. Made to neatly hold about twenty capsules so that you could find them easily. Pan grabbed an empty capsule and put clothes inside. Now that her wardrobe was empty, she started looking in the drawers of her desk for anything important she might want to take. She piled her CD collection onto her bed but it wasn't enough to fill one capsule. Rummaging through her drawer, she found some of her favourite books. That was just about enough for one capsule.

There was nothing else to bring that was of importance so she plopped onto her bed and grabbed her cordless phone. Dialing in Bra's number, she sighed. She was leaving Japan for one man. All for this thing that no one would understand. If only they did understand that it meant so much to her.

"Moshi Moshi." Bra's cheery voice answered.

"Hi Bra." Pan said gloomily.

"Oh hey! What's up? You don't sound so good." Bra asked sympathetically.

"Remember how I applied for that college in California and I said I wasn't going to go even if I got in?"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah well I got in and I wasn't going to go, but now I am."

"What made you change your mind - oh and what have you done to Trunks he's been gloomy ever since this morning,"

"I haven't done anything, if anyone should say sorry it's him and why the hell is he feeling gloomy anyway?" Pan said angrily.

What nerve! Gloomy?! What for it's all his damned fault!

"Oh I don't know why he's feeling gloomy, did you tell him about going away to Cali?"

"No. I don't want to tell him. He doesn't deserve to know."

"Whatever this big fight is you should drop it."

"I'm not dropping it!"

"Okay I'm going to change the subject now..."

"Good."

"So what made you change your mind?"

"That's still the same subject Bra."

"Oh. So your avoiding my brother?"

"I guess you could say that."

"I'm guessing you don't want me to tell him your leaving huh?"

"Yup."

"Okay...so when are you leaving?"

"Saturday."

"NANI?!"

"Oh dende your beginning to sound like my mother and grandmother."

"But that's tomorrow!"

"I know that."

"Do I get to see you before you go."

"Yeah if you wanna."

"Of course I wanna!"

"Do you want the the departure time?"

"Hell yeah! Let me Just get a pen and paper."

"Okay."

"Okay I'm ready to write."

"Okay...hmm...I'll be boarding the plane at 10:00am and I'm gonna be at the airport at 8:00am."

"Alright."

"Listen, if you're gonna see me off, then I'd rather if you didn't tell anyone. Just bring yourself. My parents, Goten and grandma Chi Chi are the only ones gonna be there. I don't want anyone else but you there."

"Can I bring Marron."

"No! She's the last person I wanna see at the moment. Don't worry I'll patch things up between us though."

"Cool. I hate it when you two fight. Okay well I better go."

"Bye."

"See ya!"

Beep Beep Beep Beep. Pan placed the phone back into it's cradle and let out a loud sigh.

This is all for the better

***

Bra let out a sigh.

I bet right now she's convincing herself it's all for the better. Well it's not! If only she knew...if only she could see my brother now. It'll be so lonely here without her. Well...at least I've got Marron!

Bra clutched the piece of paper in her hand as she ran upstairs to her room, slamming the door behind her. Inside her head she was debating whether to tell Trunks or not.

If I tell him maybe they'll talk and work things out...but what if they don't? Knowing Pan she'd probably run away or blast him to a million pieces. It's pretty obvious they're in love. But I can't tell him! She's my best friend. I should tell mum...

As if on queue Bulma walked into the room.

"Was that Pan?" Bulma demanded.

"Yeah, why are you so concerned?" Bra asked curiously, not knowing that her mother knew quite a lot already.

"Because, she is leaving and Trunks is going to be moping around."

Bra's jaw dropped.

"You know?"

"Yes dear of course I do, I'm going to come with you tomorrow."

"But Pan specifically asked not to tell anyone or bring anyone along. Besides you don't know the time of departure." Bra said smugly.

Bulma raised her hand to reveal a notepad shaded in led pencil. The same notepad Bra had used to write the departure times. There in black and white, was the departure times.

"..." Bra was speechless.

"Hey you haven't done anything, you didn't tell me. I just figured it out." Bulma said cheerily as she walked out of the room.

Yeah at least I haven't done anything...she can't kill me at least. It's going to be so different without Pan! Actually, a LOT different. I wish...I wish my jerk of a brother could just admit his feelings! Well I have Marron to help me get through this...but I can't tell her...can't tell her how much in love with her fiancee Pan is.

***

Pan walked into the airport wearing a blue summer dress. It was baby blue with thin straps and it went half way down her thighs. Bra had come over to her house and stuffed her into the damned dress. Bra wanted her to actually look like a girl when she arrived in California. Pan objected, kicked and screamed, yet Bra managed to stuff her into the...that thing!

Pan was only carrying a black bag which contained her training gi, money and the capsule box. It was extremely light, yet Gohan insisted that he carried it for her. Bulma, Videl and Chi Chi all talked while Gohan stood next to them, not paying attention to their conversation. Bra and Pan walked a little ahead of them.

"I can't believe you made me wear this!" Pan exclaimed.

"Me either!" Goten exclaimed, running up to the duo.

"Well you look good!" Bra beamed.

"Gee Bra, you really do work wonders!" Goten smiled at her.

"Get a room!" Pan exclaimed jokingly.

"This thing...It's so uncomfy!"

"It's not a thing, it's a dress. Besides, you'll get used to it. I bet you'll get a lot of stares when you arrive!"

Goten nudged his niece in the ribs as she blushed.

"Shut up!"

"Fine! Fine! So when are you going to start talking to my brother?"

"Never."

"He's going to go crazy you know?"

"That's the point."

"So you're going to leave me with a maniacal best friend?!" Goten asked panic stricken, but obviously joking.

"Hey! At least you don't have to live with him!" Bra exclaimed.

"Anyway..." Pan said attempting to change the subject.

"So what about you and Marron?" Bra asked hoping that they'd still be friends.

"I plan to send her an email when I get to California."

"Cool. I know you two are close, but Trunks stands in your way. All the time. It's so annoying."

"Well she can have him, besides she already does."

"Yeah I guess but that was only cos-"

"Don't say It I don't wanna hear it. Besides were here!" Pan said, her mood changing drastically in the one sentence.

Pan bounced about cheerily while Gohan looked quite sad. His little girl was going to California. It was thirty minutes till departure time and people were beginning to board the plane. Pan hugged her mother, her father, her grandmother, Bulma and Bra. Then lastly, Goten.

"He regrets it, he even punched a tree!" Goten whispered into Pan's ear as they hugged.

"Goten, please, spare me. I'm trying to get over him. Leave me be. Okay?" Pan whispered, pleadingly.

"Alright..." Goten agreed sadly and reluctantly, knowing that they were both denying the inevitable.

They wished her luck as she entered the gates.

***

When Pan arrived in California she had already made friends. Pan was sitting in a window seat and the two people on her right were also going to the same college. She had made friends with a girl called Kahlia and there was another girl named Renata.

Kahlia had black hair like Pan's only much longer, but she always kept it up in a tight bun. Kahlia was a very intelligent person, although she wasn't good at sports, she went to the gym to keep a nice toned figure. Her dark eyes matched her olive coloured skin and short stature. She was the sweet and silent type, but very serious.

Renata was totally oppisite. She had short blonde hair and pale skin. Her blue eyes made her look like a star. Renata was very tall, especially compared to Pan and Kahlia. She was loud, outgoing and extremely nice. She wasn't sporty, but she was fit and had a beautiful, shapely figure. She really did look like a movie star.

When they arrived they found that Renata was Pan's roomate in dormitory three, room eleven. Kahlia was in the room next to them, dormitory three, room 12. She shared the room with a girl named Thea. She was also tall and blonde. Her hair was long and came up to the waist and her eyes were hazel. Thea was...normal. She wasn't too talkative, or too quiet. She wasn't very outgoing, yet she loved to party.

In room ten, same dorm, there were two brown haired girls. They almost looked alike because they had about the same length hair and they were the same height. They also had similar eyes, both hazel. This was Talia and Verity. Although, if you looked hard enough you could tell between them. The give away, though, were their personalities, which were very different.

Talia was crazy and bubbly, whereas Verity was serious. Verity was intelligent and good at sports but Talia wasn't very intellectual nor was she into sports. Verity loved social events and parties, but Talia rathered quiet and small and selective groups of mingling.

Those were the people Pan met on her first few days and somehow knew they would be there the whole way. Her new life in California was inviting and different. She was finally being accepted for who she was, excluding the fact that she was Saiyajin and she was finally able to push Trunks into the forgotten depths of her mind.

***

Trunks couldn't stop thinking about Pan! He was sitting in his room, sulking and thinking about how he had probably just ended their relationship...forever. He didn't want that. He was far from wanting that. He looked up as he heard his door creak open. Marron waltzed in all cheery, but her face quickly turned into worry as she noticed his long face.

"Why so sad hon?" Marron asked sitting beside him and placing an arm around him in comfort.

"I said some things I shouldn't have to Pan and now I think...no, now I know that she hates me." Trunks explained sadly.

"Oh. Well don't worry, your friendship has lasted and will last forever and I'm sure she'll forgive you. I can't imagine you two not being friends! If you weren't friends, I'd swear the world had ended!" Marron comforted, slipping a small joke into the sentence.

"I guess but..." Trunks trailed off, not amused by her joke.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. If you say your really sorry, I'm sure she'll forgive you." Marron continued.

"Yeah your probably right." Trunks said smiling slightly.

"Of course I am!" Marron squealed jokingly.

Trunks smiled a little more.

"Okay I hope you feel better! I'll be back, I'm gonna say hi to Bra." Marron said, on her way out, closing the creaking door behind her.

Making her way to Bra's bedroom she hummed a little tune. She peered in finding it empty, noticing a piece of paper on the floor. Marron stood in the doorway, debating whether or not she should look at it. In the end her curiousity got the better of her, as she ran in and picked up the note. It said,

Meet Pan at Airport.
Departure time
10:00am Saturday the 18th of April.
Meet Pan at 8:00am on Saturday.

It was scribbled messily in Bra's handwriting and it seemed to have a smudge. Marron guessed Bra had cried.

Why hadn't I been told about this?!

Marron clutched the note in her hand as she ran out of Bra's room and straight back into Trunks' room. Trunks looked up from the same position as before, long face and all.

"Marron are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost!" Trunks asked concerningly.

Marron threw the piece of paper at him as she let a tear fall freely. Trunks picked it up and un-scrunched it.

"She's gone!"

AN: I dont think ill get the next rewrite up tomorrow cos ive been sick thats why ive been bored and at home and able to write, BUT next week is the holidays so expect an actual chapter update then!!!!!!! AND more rewrites! Ja!

Meiyume