Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Witchers ❯ Chapter Eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Lex chuckled at this as he leaned against the glass, subtly swapping Evelyn's card with his own. While neither of them exactly needed money, he still felt bad having a kid spending so much money on something like this. Besides, he was drawing money from two different places so he didn't want for anything. "Eh, it'd never work between us," he told Evelyn while handing her back her card as the lady took his.

"She's like a sister to me. A rather annoying and manly sister...but a sister nonetheless."

A small cat jumped through the snow before climbing up onto the bench where Luna sat. It stared at her for a second before meowing and patting at her hand.

Luna looked at the cat. Her face softened. "Maybe if I were to keep a pet," she said picking up the kitten and letting it rest in her lap. "The last thing I would be afraid to lose would be a pet. They don't live that long so I won't really miss it. Plus, I can always get another one to replace it." She held up the cat and smiled at it. "I bet Evelyn would have begged for me to take you home if she were here."

She sat it back down on her lap. "And leaving you out in the snow would be wrong." Luna allowed herself to smile. "What do you say, Kitty, want to come home with me?"

The kitten seemed rather uncomfortable in Luna's lap, yet it didn't move. In truth, Kyoya couldn't believe that Luna had been so receptive to this form. It felt weird being picked up, and even weirder to simply being sitting in her lap while she smiled at him. If it weren't for the people around them he would speak so that she wouldn't get the wrong idea. Now all he could do was simply meow and stare at her, though he doubted that she would be able to understand cat. This was quite the predicament.

Luna moved the cat off her and then stood. She debated in her head about what she would do then finally got to her knees and looked at the cat in the eye. "I'm sorry, I can't take you with me. I don't really know if Faust would let me have a cat with Kyoya around." She pet the cat on the head. "And I don't know if Mr. Know it all would really like someone else in his territory."

She smiled at it. "Although Kyoya is wonderful in many ways, he can be a little stuck up. He things he knows so much, but he doesn't understand. I'm afraid no one does. But...he really is great. And I'm sure one day he will make someone very happy." Suddenly a sadness crept over her. "I wish that someone was me, but things are...difficult." She pet the cat again. "I better go." She stood and took one last look at the cat. "You look so much like my Father's cat. You'll find a good home I'm sure of it."

With that said, she started making her way back to the house.

Kyoya sat on the ground with a confused expression on his face. He'd learned much more about her in a four legged form then he ever had in any of his attempts in his human form. That was quite...vexing. He quickly scampered off to a place where he could transform. From there he proceeded to stroll back to the headquarters, truly confused as to what to do next. He could go and ask her about her father, but then she was likely to be upset that he had been the cat, surely she would've made the connection between him and the small kitten.

The only other person she really talked to was Evelyn.... No, he couldn't do that, that would truly betray her trust; but what then? He wanted to know more.... Closing his head he sighed as he walked into the compound. "Luna?"

Luna had her bedroom door open and was taking off her jacket when she heard Kyoya. What did he want to do now? Tell her how to breath or how to eat? She sat her coat down to call back.

"I'm in my room, the doors open," she called back to him.

Part of her wanted to go back and get the cat. Not for herself, but for Evelyn. Evelyn really would have wanted that cat.

Kyoya just walked toward her room and stayed in her door way. "I simply wished to apologize for my reaction earlier and for trying to tell you how to live your life. I enjoy your company, Luna, and would like to spend more time with you. That is all."

With that he turned and walked away. He should really consider just staying as a cat for a little while so that he can take a nap and forget about the day. Of course he was afraid that taking a cat form in the building might result in questions from Luna, so with that he turned to head outside.

Luna stood puzzled. Apologize? What the hell? Since when did someone suddenly take something back in this house? She sighed then looked at the door way where he once stood. She wasn't mad at him and she too wanted to spend more time with him. Her mind was made up, it was time to take some risks.

She walked out of her room and followed Kyoya outside. She reached out and grabbed his shoulder. He was warm in the cold air.

"Kyoya..." she said in a soft voice, one she rarely used for anyone.

Kyoya was just starting to shift when he heard someone behind him. He knew who it was by her scent and by the way that she walked, but when she touched his shoulder he nearly jumped in surprise. Her voice was soft, so unlike her normally harsh tone that she used for everyone save for Evelyn.

"Yes?" he asked, turning to look at her with an inquisitive gaze.

"I wanted to...well....I just..." She could feel the shakiness in her voice. It drove her mad. "Oh, fuck it!" she said.

She moved in quickly and placed her lips on Kyoya's letting them rest there before she moved her body closer to his. Her mouth parted a bit before closing slightly to massage his lips. She felt the tingles move up and down her body as her hands went to his chest. She was going mad with emotions. Finally, she pulled back and took as step away from him.

"I....um...I didn't mean to....well, I meant to....but...."

Kyoya raised an eyebrow as she suddenly leaned forward and kissed him. Unlike her, his emotions were in perfect control as her lips pressed against his. Rather than fight or add to her kiss he simply allowed her to do what she felt was right. After she pulled back he fixed his glasses and looked at her with a coy smile.

"Shh," he whispered, finding her stammering to be unbearably cute and out of character for her. "I rather enjoyed that."

She blushed brightly. "I should...yeah...go..." she said then turned and walked back inside.

She wasn't becoming fond of feeling stupid, but the emotion seemed to haunt her when she stood in his presence. She let out a breath as she made her way to her room. Silently, she cursed herself and prayed the others would return soon. The day was not going as smoothly as she wished it to go. He she woken this morning knowing it would go this way she was sue she would have done something differently to prevent the stupid feeling that crept up her spine.

"So," Alexiel grunted as Lex tossed bag after bag of clothes at him. "I think I spent more today than I usually spend in four months!"

"Oh just wait till next week," Lex said with a small laugh as he handed Evelyn the necklace she'd gotten for Luna.

"What's next week?" Alexiel was still trying to juggle the bags. As it was he was just barely able to see over the top of them.

Lex looked at Evelyn and then to Alexiel as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "It's Christmas next week...."

"Really?" Alexiel shrugged it off as if it was nothing. Christmas was cool and he loved the music during the time of the year, but it was everything else about the holiday that just put him off. You spend all day looking for a gift for someone only to get a receipt for it so that they can stand all day in a line to return your gift. It just wasn't worth it.

"Yes," Lex said as he held open the door for them. "So make sure to get me something cool, and Evelyn loves to get sweets for Christmas. Well, she loves to get sweets anytime, but especially during Christmas."

Evelyn smiled. "I love candy. Candy loves me." She grabbed Lex's hand and yawned. "Luna and I bought gifts weeks ago. Now that we lost two members, the extra presents can go to Alexiel," she added. "Can we go home?"

She looked at the little box with Luna's present in it. With another yawn she started to glance around when she saw a dress shop.

"We have to go there!" she squeaked.

Lex groaned when she saw the dress shop. He had sincerely been hoping that she hadn't been paying attention. "You sure you wouldn't want to go shopping with Luna?" It was a hopeful ploy in his case, one that he was fairly certain would fail. For being so small this girl could shop for hours on end.

Alexiel just barely managed to get the bag into their car when he heard the tiny girl's request. He slumped against the bags and looked from Lex to Evelyn, wondering who was going to give in first in this battle of wills.

"I don't need Luna to tell me what I like," Evelyn said giving Lex an evil stare. "I'm perfectly capable of picking out a dress on my own." She added the last bit with spite and snatched her hand from him. "Either you escort me over there or not; however, I'm going there either way. And if Luna happens to find out that I went alone, it won't be me she gets mad at."

Evelyn crossed her arms under her chest and started stomping in the direction of the dress shop with the coldest look on her face. The people she passed along the way kept their distance.

Lex muttered a long string of curse words beneath his breath before finally looking at Alexiel and shrugging. "We can either be men who like dresses or Luna can take away our manhood altogether." With that he hurried up to Evelyn and took her hand. "You have one hour," he told her as they walked into the dress store together. The place was bright, cheerful, flowery, and overly feminine.... It made him want to shudder, but at least there were pretty girls there.

"Don't go too far from us, okay." Alexiel wanted to make sure that they could keep an eye on here wherever she went. With how small and quick she was she could disappear in an instant.

"I won't need an hour," she said and grabbed a dress.

She went through each row grabbing dresses, shoes, and ribbons to her liking. She didn't even bother trying them on. A sales person followed behind her with a sweet smile and asking if she needed anything. Evelyn knew that she was going to be the biggest sale of the woman's life.

"I get tired just watching her shop," Alexiel said as he leaned against one of the walls while fiddling with something that had been hanging on a rack near him. He wasn't certain what it was but it was sparkly....

Lex didn't mind that the half-pint was taking so long. So far he'd already scored three phone numbers just by talking to random girls who asked him who the cute little girl was. She was probably the best thing for him when it came to scoring with the ladies.

Evelyn handed the lady her card and smiled. The lady thanked her and took the piles of dresses from Evelyn to ring up fold neatly into bags. Evelyn walked back over to the boys and waited patiently until the lady was done. She grabbed her card and looked at the boys with the sweetest look.

"Help me carry them to the car?"

Neither of the males could refuse her request. They both obediently picked up the large amount of clothes, which was actually double what Alexiel had picked up, and carried them to the car. There was only so much room left in the car, so they were forced to pack it in as much as they could just so they could get all of the clothes to fit.

Alexiel was crammed in the back seat in between dresses and shoes. He quite literally had lace up to his eyebrows.

"Well then, other than the fact that I can't see out of the rear view mirror I think we're good to go."

Evelyn nodded and yawned. As Lex turned up the radio and started to drive, she leaned her head against the large she sat in. Her eyes slowly fluttered close and she let the waves of music and the rhythm of the car on the rough road rock her to sleep. Her hand clutched the small box that held Luna's necklace.

Before long, Evelyn was fast asleep driving of cakes and candy while the music of Beethoven played in the back of her mind.

"Take the half-pint to Luna. I'll take your bags to your room." Normally Lex wouldn't bother with doing something like this, but he didn't like having to make numerous trips back to his car and Alexiel wouldn't be able to carry all of this by himself. So while Alexiel unstrapped Evelyn and lifted her into his arms Lex started to abuse his powers.

A normal Aion is able to make solid objects with energy. Lex had mastered the art to a degree where he could use the ability for more...recreational hobbies. Several glowing orbs of energy shot out and began to carry the bags for him. He just whistled as the orbs carried the bags for him while he walked through the door.

Alexiel held Evelyn close as he dodged orbs of light and took her to Luna's room. He knocked first before slowly peeking in. "Luna?"

Luna put down the book she was reading and stood. She walked over to Alexiel and gently picked up Evelyn from him. Evelyn seemed dead to the world as usual. Luna looked up at Alexiel.

"She's exhausted. What did you guys do to her?" Luna asked and started making her way to Evelyn's room to put her to bed.