Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Witchers ❯ Chapter Forty Eight ( Chapter 48 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The next two years brought a drastic change to the world as humans knew it. Lex had managed to do what no mortal had ever done before. He'd taken one of the thrones of power in their court which meant that he now possessed the ability to call forth his own demonic minions to do his bidding. When he received that right he made his move. Like many rulers before him he let his subjects hear exactly what they wanted to hear. For far too long the demons had been forced to hide, to keep their existence hidden from the humans which they sought to rule. Lex did what no demon lord had ever dared to do in over a thousand years. He let his demons run free.

Within one week the city of New York was no more. Hell, was quite literally brought to earth as humans began to realize that they were not alone in this world. The military was useless, and was quickly brought to its knees. It was funny, in an almost poetic way, but it wasn't until the demons invaded that all the nations of the world finally agreed upon something. They had to be stopped. Unfortunately the other nations had their own problems to deal with. Seeing the success of Lex's plan the other lords decided to raise their armies as well, and take the world for their own. Soon, chaos ruled, and without a God of Death, nothing could stop them.

"It's a beautiful sight, isn't it?" Lex stood a top what was once known as the Statue of Liberty. At least, it use to be called that. Now it resembled a martyred version of Lex. Alexiel had thought it was a little cliche of him to do that, but Lex was always one who liked to make an impression. Of course, Lex was nothing like he was before. Due to the countless demons he had absorbed, as well as the corruption due to the scythe, Lex looked more demonic then human in some cases. His once pale skin was darkened, and his hair had turned an unearthly shade of white. His eyes were the same luminescent yellow that many of the demon's eyes were. His hands were more like savage claws, and his teeth were more like fangs. His entire aura was that of death...which was only magnified by Faust's scythe. No, not his scythe not anymore. Like all scythes, this one had changed form to suite his dark desires.

Alexiel was silent, standing behind him as he stared down at the sea of darkness and decay. Unlike Lex who seemed to indulge in this chaos and anarchy, Alexiel seemed more composed as he stood there, wearing clothes fitting a Victorian gentleman and leaning on his walking cane. His mask hid his emotions, as well as the face that was behind it. Much like Lex, he too had changed over the years. According to Lex's wishes, he had absorbed countless souls in order to obtain what Lex called 'perfect power'. As such, his appearance was only slightly better then that of his 'master'. His eyes seemed to change color daily, depending on which soul he allowed the slightest bit of control. His now pale blond hair fell down past his shoulders, but he kept it neat. His physical form wasn't as imposing, but he possessed far greater strength then most could imagine. His mental state was what changed the most. There were countless voices in his head, and even now they battled for control. Perhaps it was for this reason that Lex loved chaos so much. Because chaos raged inside him.

"It is...wonderful," he whispered as a sudden gust of wind tossed the bottom of his coat tails. Looking up at Lex, his eyes glowed with warmth. "You...are wonderful...my master."

Lex looked at Alexiel and nodded. "Come my pet, there is still much for us to do." Wings as dark as the abyss itself erupted from Lex's back followed immediately by a hiss of pain. In two enormous flaps he was in the air sailing back to his throne.

Alexiel felt a tug as Lex left him. The collar which draped around his neck was imbued with Lex's power. A constant reminder of who he served. He didn't bother with such antics as wings as his body began to glow with power, lifting him off the ground so that he might follow his master.

The two years weren't so bad for the same team of Witchers. Luna had contacted the Charley team and sent them into hiding in Antarctica. Bringing them home was too dangerous. With the aid of Kyoya and her technical skills, Luna build an underground sanctuary for the rest of them. It was hidden and undetected. Her strength had grown so much that she was able to move buildings with a good shove. Kyoya called her "the real Superman." She used the best of her knowledge to gather all the technology she could without running into too much trouble then master a home built of everything she knew. She organized everything back to the way Faust had once had it with the latest computer software, security, and technology surrounding the underground haven. No one could enter or find it without the aid of a Witcher.

Evelyn had blossomed into a beautiful young girl and her powers expanded beyond anything Granny had ever seen. She was by far the best Bender that was ever recorded. With just a single thought, she could destroy a demon with the same amount of water that was used in a tear drop. She spent her days training and working with Macy. Macy had come into her powers before she was one. She had her mother's strength and her father's senses. Though she was clumsy, she was smarter than any two year old thanks to Evelyn's constant educational trainings.

Luna sat down in the meeting room. It was a large room with a round table. All the computer and technology resided in the room as well as the feed from the cameras. Evelyn sat across from her and Macy sat on the floor playing with some spelling blocks. Kyoya sat next to Luna and Granny next to Evelyn. Between both Luna and Granny was Yuki.

"We have worked hard for this time to come. We planned for everything to happen just the way it was suppose to fall through. Thanks to Alexiel, everything is perfectly in place," Luna said and pushed her much longer hair from her face.

Yuki smiled. "I have to admit, I was scared that things wouldn't work...I was scared that he would completely stop my heart."

That day that Alexiel attacked Yuki was all planned out. After Lex attacked and betrayed them, Alexiel found the mask that was given to him by Lex. As soon as Luna saw it, she began to ponder about the inscriptions that covered the inside of it. She had never seen them before. After talking with Granny and doing some research she finally figured out that it was an ancient language fused with a magic spell to allow someone to watch another through a certain object. It was then that Luna put the pieces together. Lex had inscribed the mask to watch Alexiel.

With that in mind, Luna gathered everyone, including Alexiel after Alexiel put the mask away, to conduct a plan. The first step was to get make it seem like they knew nothing about Lex knowing they were being watched. They went about their lives, fighting demons, and Luna having a child. The next step was to pretend to not trust Alexiel. He would go into a rage and a fight would start, afterward, he would "kill" Yuki by using an energy shock wave to blow a hole in her chance and temporary stop her heart then he was to escape and run to Lex. It was a risky thing to do, but they all had faith in him, even more so when he brought Luna back to life. When Yuki's heart started again, she was able to heal herself and the team was able to rebuild.

With Alexiel on the inside, Lex would be his own downfall.

"All we have to do now is wait for Alexiel's signal and we will take down Lex," Luna said.

As they drew upon Lex's throne he became aware of something slightly a miss. There was a commotion, and not the normal commotion which was the result of demon's bickering. No...this was something far more brutal. Turning his head in the direction of the ruckus he realized what was happening. It seemed that some of Hades's demons were trying to cause trouble in his domain. A cruel smile graced his lips as he considered simply letting them duke it out, but alas one could not enjoy such simple pleasures when they ruled an empire. He was going to have to deal with them to send a message to Hades, or rather...he was going to watch his pet do it for him.

"Alexiel. Take care of that will you?"

Alexiel looked in the direction that Lex was and nodded. "As you wish." As he descended into the chaos Lex landed on a nearby rooftop to see what Alexiel was going to do. Despite his power, Alexiel rarely lost his cool enough to really let loose with it. The only time that Alexiel really let loose was in bed. A smile crept to his lips as he thought about ravaging Alexiel right then.

Alexiel landed in the midst of Lex's demons which quickly moved to give him room. They knew him, they knew what he could do, and because of that they feared him. He walked calmly through the demon hordes as if he was taking leisurely stroll through the park, up until he was greeted by Hades flaming demons. Not that they were gay demons, they were simply on fire.

"Hah! Look at this puny human!" What obviously the lead demon stared down at Alexiel, ready to squish him at a moment's notice.

"Please leave," Alexiel said softly.

"Insects aren't allowed to speak!" Just like that the demon slammed his fist on top of Alexiel.

"Oh no...please...don't," Alexiel said without any emotion as the demon's fist landed on top of him. All at once he thrust his cane upwards and caught the demon's hand.

"Wha-"

"I told you not to," Alexiel replied. A sudden wave of energy unleashed from him, swirling around him like a torrent of water. With a simple thought the energy reached out and sliced the demon's arm off of its body. Before he could even scream Alexiel let his hand reach out and conduct a symphony of death and destruction. Within a few short moments what had been left of Hades little 'scavenger' party was either wounded or fleeing.

"Not too shabby," Lex whispered as he appeared behind Alexiel. "Now then...let's retire...for the evening."

Luna walked out to the entrance of the underground home she built. She placed her hand on a scanner and the computer spoke.

"Luna Loe...exiting."

The metal doors slid open and she walked out into the sunset. She stared at the mountain she had built the new home under as a rock slid back over the doors to hide its existence. She started to walk out into the woods that were near then sat down on a fallen tree. She pulled out her hand held computer she built herself and started to search the areas security film for any intruders.

Luna didn't allow Macy outside The Haven which was named so because of obvious reason. And because of that, Macy often sat by the door or waited closely by the door for her mother to finish patrols. Macy was more of a Daddy's girl, but when her mother wasn't around, she noticed her absence. Macy sat at the door for a moment before standing when she heard Evelyn coming close.

"She will be back soon. Why don't you go find your father? I'm sure he is looking for you," Evelyn said as she pushed Macy blond hair out of her face the tickled her little cat ear.

Macy nodded. "Tay, Even," Macy said and grabbed her little stuffed rabbit and walked away.

Evelyn was attached to Macy, teaching her speech and education. Though Macy still spoke in baby talk, she was smart enough to understand most anything that was said to her.

Macy walked into the library and saw Kyoya reading and snacking on popcorn. Macy grabbed his pant leg and crawled up his leg and into his lap. She took a handful of popcorn and shoved it in her mouth before settling down in Kyoya's lap.

Kyoya smiled as he felt the small tug on his pants before his daughter crawled up to sit in his lap. "Mommy outside again?" He absent mindedly began to scratch behind his daughter's furry ears while flipping through his Dracula novel. Though he didn't want to admit it, he was growing fairly comfortable with the life they had now. It wasn't what they once had, but at least it was safe and secure. There was no telling how long that would last though.

A part of him wished that they could simply hide there forever, but that was a foolish thought. While they sat here, living in relative peace Alexiel was in the midst of hell. There was no telling what he'd been though, and he couldn't live with himself if he simply sacrificed Alexiel so that they could leave in peace. No, they had to do what they were born to do.

"Evanna," Lex called as soon as they returned to his oh so humble abode. Alexiel was right behind him, his collar glowing with energy as he was all but dragged behind Lex by his sheer presence of energy. "I trust that you finished that assignment I gave you." He hoped that a simple task of finishing off his only competition in the area wouldn't be too difficult for her. For being an elf, she was as ruthless as she was beautiful.

Evanna jumped off the indoor balcony she was standing on and landed gracefully in front of him while bowing with one knee on the ground. She long white-blond hair fell over her pale skin what was barely covered with what she wore. "Yes, my master. Just as you wished," she said as her voice rang like that of bells. She stood and let her deep green eyes grace Lex's.

"They are all dead." She smiled sweetly though it looked more evil than sweet. Her red lips tightened in the corners as she stared at Lex with lust. "Is there anything else I can do to please you, Master?"