Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Witchers ❯ Chapter Sixty Two ( Chapter 62 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Alexiel just smiled as he pulled her close. "Close your eyes," he whispered. He waited until she did so before taking a deep breath. Energy began to flow through him and he pushed it through Yuki. There was the familiar feeling of power which soon began to lift him and Yuki off the boat. They hovered above the deck for a few seconds before he pushed them upward so that they soared above the boat. He kissed her lips, letting them linger on her lips. "Okay, open your eyes."

Yuki squeaked with joy. She held tightly to Alexiel as they soared. The air was cold and it stung her lungs with it was worth it. She looked Alexiel in the eyes. "Amazing," she whispered.

"Would you like me to walk you to your cabin?" Richard asked.

Evelyn looked up at him and nodded. He offered her his arm and she took it. They walked slowly on the boat with the ground now slick and frozen. He helped her down the stairs and through the halls until they stopped at her door. She handed him his coat.

"Thank you," she said.

He nodded to her. "Goodnight, Evelyn."

She watched him disappear down the hall and she turned to her door. She stopped and turned around to face Kyoya's and Alexiel's door. Slowly she lifted her hand and knocked on it. Snow covered her and as she knocked some of it fell to the ground. She shivered at the coldness.

"I thought you might like it," he said as they began to slowly twirl in the air. It was weird, flying with someone else; but he enjoyed the sensation of the energy flowing through them. Well, he simply enjoyed being with her.

Kyoya quickly shifted back to his original form when a knock echoed in his room. Opening the door he saw Evelyn there shivering. "Evelyn? Come in," he said, ushering her inside and quickly draping a blanket around you. "You look positively frozen. What have you been up to?"

Yuki leaned against him. His warmth kept her smiling. It seemed so perfect at that moment. Everything was in it's place. She was with and that was right. He loved her and that was perfect. If she died that very moment, she would be happy.

Evelyn hugged the blanket to her. "It's snowing," she said while shaking the snow off herself. "I thought you might want some company."

Alexiel kissed her, nibbling on her lip as he took them just a little higher. From there they could see the vast ocean spread out in front of them. Not that they could see much since it was dark...but that meant that they could do...other stuff.

Kyoya smiled and nodded. "I would enjoy company." He plopped down on the bed and motioned for Evelyn to join him. "So, if by some miracle we survive all this. What would you like to do with your life, Evelyn?"

Evelyn moved next to him. She shrugged. "I don't know. There are a lot of thing that I want to do...but I believe that after we close the portal, people are going to know who we are which means my attempt at a normal life will be very hard." She moved her legs up to her chest. "I don't really know how much things will change. People won't look at me the same way." She looked over at him. "What about you?"

"You don't know that. After we close the portal we could just slink away until people forget about us...." Kyoya hadn't put much thought into what he would do once it was all over. He didn't think he was prepared for the answer either. "When things are over, I'll take care of Macy. Other than that...I don't know." He stopped as something hit him, and he felt a heaviness in his chest at that thought. "With everything done...there really won't be a reason for all of us to stay together after this. We could be free to do what we want...though I have no idea what I would do."

Evelyn laid her hands on her knees. He was right. They would have no reason to be together. Where would she go? Who would take care of her? Would she be able to live on her own? She was after all, completely different for normal ten year olds. She was smarter and more mature. She was sure if she tried she could take care of herself...but without Luna...things would be so much more lonelier. "Yes, I suppose you are correct."

"But hopefully we can all stay together," Kyoya added. He wasn't quite certain what he would do without the others. Even in a world that knew that demon's existed he would have a hard time interacting with normal society. Not to mention he would need all the help he could to take care of Macy. Wrapping an arm around her he hugged her tight. "Besides, Macy simply loves you! And I can't deprive Macy of you."

Evelyn nearly melted in Kyoya's arms. All she really wanted was to be held. She felt so small when standing next to life. Without really thinking of it, she quickly reached herself around and grabbed hold of Kyoya. Her arms clung to his back as she buried her face into his chest. She had never felt such a need to be wanted. She started to cry while moving closer to him. "I...I don't want to be left behind...I don't want to be all alone...I don't want to be unwanted."

"You'll never be unwanted half-pint." Alexiel was standing in the door, drenched from head to toe but he smiling. "Kyoya, what have you been telling this girl?"

"I just told her that after all this we don't really have a reason to stay together," he said.

Alexiel's eyes narrowed as he walked over to the two of them and quickly bopped Kyoya on the head. Kneeling down he lifted Evelyn's face up so that he could stare at her. "I don't know what this idiot has been telling you, but you're family, Evelyn. No matter what happens, family takes care of each other and family stays with each other. So no matter what, you'll always have us."

"You're getting us wet," Kyoya sighed. "And just why are you wet?"

Alexiel's cheeks turned crimson as he back tracked and grabbed his suitcase. "I'm just going to go change in Yuki's room. Umm, you two continue on...and Kyoya don't you dare tell her that we're leaving her!"

Another sigh escaped Kyoya's lips as he looked down at Evelyn. "He may be an idiot sometimes, but his heart is in the right place...at least I think it is." Squeezing her he kissed the top of her head. "No matter what, you'll always be a part of my family. You're as much a daughter to me as Macy is."

Evelyn quickly wiped her eyes. She felt so...childish. Yes, she was a kid, but she was suppose to be mature and brave. She felt more like her future...her life was threatened. She was losing her confidence in herself. She use to look at the portal as just another challenge, but the more she thought of it, the more she got scared. And now...her last bit of family was talking about splitting apart. Were Luna here, she would force them all to shut up and stay together.

Evelyn stood. "I should go to bed..." She then sat back down. "Alexiel is changing in my room..."

Kyoya suddenly picked her up and set her in the adjacent bed. "You'll sleep here for tonight," he told her, obviously not taking no for answer. He proceeded to tuck her in and make sure everything was perfect. She might feel like she was older, but she was still only ten years old. To him, she still needed to be looked after and taken care of. He wouldn't put Macy in a situation like this; and he felt upset that she was forced to be in this situation. No one this young should fight in a war such as this. No one so young should see the things that she'd seen and done the things that she'd done. Life...was simply cruel sometimes. "Sleep tight, okay?"

She turned to him and grabbed his sleeve as he turned away. "Will you...will you sleep with me, Kyoya? So...I don't I have to be all alone?"

Yuki snuggled in her bed covers after changing. "I can't believe we tried to have sex in the sky. That was a stupid idea. We could have drowned when we hit the water after you lost focus. Who knew you would lose your concentration after I," she sat up on her elbows to look at him, "well...you know." She giggled.

Kyoya looked back and smiled. "How can I say no?" He went to the other side of the bed and started to crawl in, hesitating only slightly as he looked at Evelyn. "Would you prefer I use another form?" Though he knew that Evelyn had no problem with his current form, he didn't know if she'd still feel uneasy about him being in his male form while she slept.

Alexiel groaned as he stripped his soaking wet clothes an grabbed a pair of boxers out of his bag. Not that he was planning on putting them on, but at least he would have them in the morning. "For the record, at least I managed to get us flying again. As for losing my concentration...well...what can I say. You do wonders with your mouth." He laughed as he crawled under the covers with her, shivering due to how cold the ship was and due to the fact that they'd just taken a dip in frozen water.

Macy snuggled into his chest. "No, just be Kyoya." A part of her wanted him to be Luna, but having him take her form would only upset them both because he was no Luna. She knew she wouldn't be able to get close to Kyoya like she did Luna, after all, Kyoya had Macy and Macy needed him. And Alexiel had Yuki and Yuki had Alexiel. Evelyn didn't really have anyone but herself. But if only for tonight, she wanted to feel important again. She wanted to feel like it was ok to need someone.

Yuki rolled on top of Alexiel and started moving downwards while kissing his skin. "Don't worry...I remember where I left off."

"Fair enough." He pulled her close as he stared into the ceiling. Fate could be a cruel mistress. In his time, living among the humans he had felt numerous things. Centuries worth of experience and he was still just learning the basics of human understanding. He had learned much more with Luna then with anyone ever before; and he felt that it was because of her that he was where he was now. "Thank you," he whispered ever so softly. He felt his eyes water, but he didn't let the tears fall. Instead he just closed his eyes and let the silence consume him.

Alexiel whimpered softly as she teased him. They were definitely going to make these sleeping arrangements permanent. There wasn't anything to do on this ship for three months, so he was going to spend as much time as he could with his lover...no...his fiancee.

A month and a half had passed after being on the boat and Evelyn had grown only fonder of Richard. They had tea together often and a lot of her time was spent on the deck placing chest or checkers with him. She would even invite Kyoya and she enjoy watching him lose because he would always get a strange look on his face. Most likely pondering how a ten year old always seemed to beat him. At night, she would lay next to Kyoya like she would a big brother and he was always patent with her falling asleep. She got more and more restless as the days closed in on the docking time.

Yuki spent every second next to Alexiel. Nights were spent making love and days were spent flying, fishing, or some other activity Alexiel had come up with.

Yuki pulled her coat tightly over herself and looked over at Evelyn. "Are you warm enough?"

Evelyn nodded then looked up at Kyoya. "Check mate," she said smiling.

Richard laughed. "Why must you keep challenging her?"

"Because she's cheating...somehow. I haven't figured it out yet, but she has to be," Kyoya muttered, still pondering how he was once more beaten. He could've sworn that he'd had her this time.

"She's not cheating, Kyoya. You simply suck at chess," Alexiel said as he leaned over Kyoya's shoulder so he could see the board. He whistled softly as he saw how many pieces Evelyn had left. "She kicked your butt."

"Might I remind you that you've never won a game against me," Kyoya replied sourly.

"And might I remind you that you're still losing to a ten year old girl."

Evelyn stood and pointed to the ground. "Now bow to the queen!" she said.

Yuki couldn't help but laugh and Richard was holding his stomach. "It hurts to laugh anymore," he said.

Evelyn laughed. "You said if you lost you would bow. Now hop to it. Your queen is waiting!"