Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Witchers ❯ Chapter Sixty Three ( Chapter 63 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kyoya continued to mutter something about her cheating, but he wasn't one to go against his word. So even though he had a disgruntled look on his face he still got down and bowed before her. "There, are you happy now?"

"Just hold that pose," Alexiel said as he took a picture with his cellphone. "There we go! Perfect!"

"I hate you so much...."

Evelyn walked over to him and patted him on the head. "Next time I beat you you will have to be my slave for a whole week."

Yuki laughed harder. "This is so priceless! How amazing is she!"

Richard shook his head. "This is why I haven't challenged her again. After the last time she beat me, she got to be captain for a day...I thought the boat would sink..."

"It wasn't that bad," Evelyn said and placed her hands on her hips. "I only changed coarse once and there was only one leak but it was fixed right away." She shrugged. "Besides, how many ten year olds do you know that got to be a captain?!"

Kyoya continued to mutter stuff as he set the chess board back to how it was. "You're not seriously considering playing her again? I mean, this girl has a twisted sense of humor. There's no telling what she'll make you do," Alexiel said as Kyoya sat back down.

"I will beat her," he said as he narrowed his eyes. "She may be a pure evil genius when it comes to chess, but she has to have a weakness somewhere...."

"Right, well...good luck with that." Looking over at Richard he allowed himself and evil grin. "Sooo, while Kyoya loses his dignity yet again can I take the helm? I can't do much worse then Evelyn."

Evelyn sat down. "I'm flattered you want to be my slave, Kyoya. And as for my weakness," she leaned in and looked him dead in the eyes, "I will never tell."

Yuki smiled. "She really would have made the perfect evil villain."

Richard shook his head at Alexiel. "No way! One of you guys were enough to scare the shit out of me! I love my boat in one piece!"

"Aww, please!" Alexiel started begging, trying his best to do the cute eyes which Yuki had used on him numerous times before to get him to do...well, just about anything. "If you don't want me to drive the boat I could always practice throwing energy around...though I'm afraid I'm a little rusty. It would be just awful if I were to blow a hole in the ship." He stopped as he realized what he'd just said. "Well, blow a hole in the ship that you know...wouldn't kill all of us."

Yuki smiled at Richard as the man paled. "He's joking," she said then smacked Alexiel hard upside the head. "Don't make me lock you in the room!"

Evelyn smiled at Kyoya. "Stupid move, demon man." She moved and took out his night.

"Ow!" Alexiel said, quickly ducking to dodge another hit. "You can't lock me in the room like some sort of criminal. I have rights!"

Kyoya paled as she took out his knight. Already!? He moved a bishop to block his king. Trying to predict this girl's moves was like trying to count the stars in the sky. The instant you blink or look away you're back to zero.

Yuki glared at him. "I can't?" she asked. She turned her back to him. "I think you know what I mean when I say your bed will be very lonely tonight."

"Check," Evelyn said smiling. "You are getting sloppy."

Alexiel's jaw dropped. "B-b-b-b-but that's...that's just not fair!"

Kyoya made another move, but that was quickly shot down. Three moves later and he was in checkmate. "I lost...." He just sat there staring at the board in disbelief. As he tried to recount his every move the ship rocked slightly. His ears perked as he looked around. "What was that?"

Richard looked at Kyoya. It was odd for the boat to be rocking on calm waters.

Evelyn stood. "Fear my wrath, Kyoya!" Evelyn said and threw her hands in the air. "Starting tomorrow I want breakfast in bed!"

Yuki glared at Alexiel. "If you behave I will change my mind."

Richard walked over to the side of the boat and peeked over. The water began to bubble. "Oh, shit. That can't be good."

Evelyn stopped her gloating and joined him on the side of the boat. "That isn't suppose to happen is it?" Richard shook his head no.

Alexiel peeked over the edge of the boat. His eyes began to glow as he shoved Richard and Yuki back to the deck. "Get back!" Thrusting his hands forward he shot a beam of energy directly where the bubbles were coming from. A second later it collided with a similar beam of energy which came from beneath the the water. The two forces clashed, creating a blinding light which finally resulted in an explosion of power which sent Alexiel back on the deck.

Kyoya was already up and shifting. He didn't know what form he should take, however, so his form was constantly changing from one shape to another so he could be prepared at a moment's notice.

From the water rose a large head which was nearly half the size of the boat they were on. Yellow eyes glowed from behind blue scales as the monster roared, revealing several rows of jagged teeth.

"It's a water demon!"

"Gee, I would've never guessed," Alexiel muttered, staring in a mixture of awe and horror as the monster's head began to rise, lifted up above the boat by its enormous neck. Energy began to accumulate at its mouth again as it readied itself for another blast. "Evelyn! This one is all yours kiddo!"

Evelyn moved to the very edge of the boat as the creature prepared to fire. She flicked her wrist and in an instant water flew up and froze around the demon. She didn't have a lot of time because the demon was going to fire through the ice. She held her hands out and focused her energy on making the ice shift into thin, blade like shards. The demon screamed in pain and Evelyn closed her eyes and started to bring her hands together. The ice began to dig into the demon's skin. The closer her hands got together the more the demon yelled in pain as the ice crushed its bones. Her eyes snapped open as she thrust her hands together and the met in a loud clapping sound. The ice push hard against the demon and it exploded with water, ice, and demon blood and guts flying everywhere.

Evelyn turned to everyone and looked at Kyoya with a smile. "I want a bath drawn for me, slave, and a fresh set of clothes out."

Yuki just stared at her. "When...when did she learn to do that?"

Yuki actually felt sorry for the demon. Evelyn had made it suffer. She killed it while listening to its cries. She did it to watch it die helplessly.

Alexiel turned away from the sight. There was something just...wrong about all that. Evelyn had actually tortured it before it died. She could've simply finished it off with a wave of her hand, but instead she chose to watch as it died. Looking at Yuki he shook his head slowly. After everything that he'd done with Lex he had grown tired of killing and senseless slaughter. A part of him actually felt slightly sorry for the demon.

Kyoya glanced at the others, hesitating as he looked at Evelyn. "Of course," he said with a sigh, stopping only to look at her. "And 'slave' really? What then am I suppose to call you? Royal midget?"

Evelyn looked at Kyoya, "Just Evelyn is fine," she said. She looked at the boat then at Richard. "Sorry about the mess."

With a wave of her hand, a huge wave came up and over the boat, washing the blood and guts away. Yuki moved next to Alexiel. She was still shaken about the sight.

Richard was speechless. He had never seen someone with that much power. He almost feared her and the way she smiled was almost sick.

"What has gotten into her?" Yuki whispered to Alexiel.

Kyoya nodded...his eyes watching the remnants of the demon as it was swept away into the ocean. Without another word he turned and walked back to Evelyn's room so that he could get her bath ready for her.

Alexiel just shook his head as Evelyn followed Kyoya. "I...don't know," he whispered. He'd never seen that side of her before; and he couldn't help but wonder what dark side she had hidden.

Richard walked over to Alexiel and Yuki. "Has...has she always had..."

"She usually does a quick kill," Yuki said to him. "I don't really know why she let it suffer." Yuki started to wipe some of the blood off her. "She seems so closed off...even more so than Luna was."

Richard looked away. "She's so young. She shouldn't have to be here."

Yuki nodded. "We all know that, but we all had a choice. Just like the rest of us she chose to help the world for people like you."

Richard's eyes met Yuki's. "She talks about Luna all the time. Maybe she holds a grudge."

Yuki paused to think then looked towards the waves. "Luna was Evelyn's everything. I don't understand her even the least...but I know she still hurts about Luna." She turned to watch Evelyn disappear down the stairs. "I pray for her...but I fear that one day she will let the darkness consume her heart."

"She's ten! She shouldn't have darkness!"

Yuki nodded. "But she's an adult trapped in a ten year old body."

"What she means is that Evelyn is very mature for her age. I'm sure you've noticed that by now. She's seen and done things that no one should do. It's bound to take its effect over time." Though Alexiel said this in his usual monotonous tone, there was a slight edge to his voice. Out of all the people he knew, he had always expected Evelyn to be the same. Would she turn out like Lex before her?

Evelyn pulled her legs to her chest while she sat in her bubble bath. The steam swirled around her and she sunk further into the water. She could still hear the screams of the water demon echo in her ears as she sunk below the water. She created an air pocket for herself so she could breathe while staying submerged. She closed her eyes as Luna's face entered her mind.

She could have stopped Lex and save Luna if she didn't freeze up like she did. She could have pieced his heart with an ice shard and only have hurt Luna a bit. She could have done so much more than she did.

Slowly, she let the air pocket evaporate and her breathing came to a stop as she held her breath while playing Luna's death over and over in her mind.