Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Yet Sour Revenge ❯ A Strange Case Indeed But I Remember Now ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 3: A Strange Case Indeed But I remember Now

A/N: Zuzuko is a real person, she is my best friend and my sister and she owns herself and the information given about her. Enjoy, and for disclaimers you shall have to go to chapter 1 and 2.

******************************** Still In Koenma's Office***************

"…Her records are very strange as well. This girl is over 400 years old. But that's not the half of it. She's half-immortal, but not by birth. You see here," Koenma brought up the file/picture of a smiling little auburn haired girl who had black cat ears and tail in a dirty but otherwise nice and plain red Kimono with a violet sash. "This is the file of a very young nekko named Aviarianna."

The boys stared at the picture. Same eyes, same claws, same face…besides the age the only difference really was the hair color. "That's your Avi. We are certain that Aviarianna is this same red head. She merely dyed her hair." Koenma now had the file and the recent photo side by side on the screen. "The only problem really, is this." He said and zoomed in on a certain section of the file so all could read.

" ` Status: Deceased extremely ahead of schedule.

Cause: Unknown

Special notes: Spirit/soul missing and is yet to be found. Body dissolved into vanishing mist.'"

The boys stared again.

"What the hell does "yet to be found' mean exactly??" Yusuke rounded on the toddler ruler. Missing souls was just…not right.

" Yes well, it means exactly what it sounds like Yusuke." Botan chimed in. "Her spirit, her very soul was never found…" she trailed off.

"A soul gone missing. As Yoko I'd heard the story a few times. Two demons, sisters as it were who'd died, how no one knew how they died exactly, but everyone had their guesses. But, their souls, their very spiritual essences were lost, left the bodies almost immediately and just, disappeared. The bodies supposedly dissolved into a damp mist and disappeared. Never did Reiki or anyone else find their spirits or traces of the bodies. I'd merely passed those off as what they were told to be, myths." Kurama added.

Hiei nodded slightly. "Same here, it was a pretty well known little ghost story around the camps in my little sect. Never once crossed my mind that the myth was more than just a story."

"Well now Hiei, Kurama…. we all know. It really did happen." Koenma concluded.

"But…it says she died! Is she a ghost or something???" Kuwabarra was still confused as always and pretty damned scared. What was she then if she was supposed to dead??

"No." Koenma replied sighing deeply. " She is living flesh and blood. We've no idea how…but apparently we've concluded that she was a "Special Term Incarnate" and in a completely separate and different dimension to top it all off."

"Well Obviously!" Yusuke snapped. "But what's the case all about exactly??"

"I was getting to that!" the toddler snapped back at the detective with a scowl. Then Koenma was silent for a few moments. "I've forgotten…" he said simply with a shrug of his little shoulders. Thus causing 4 Reiki detectives and one ferry girl to facevualt.

"Lord Koenma…" Botan began. "HOW COULD YOU FORGET!!!???" She screamed at him, frustrated.

Reiki Tantei: O.o…

Koenma: O.O meep!

Botan: -.-;;; Grrr…

"Do YOU remember Botan?" Koenma asked cautiously. She sent him a 5 second glare before somewhat regaining her cheery composure.

"Yes, I do." She then turned towards the boys again. "You have to find her, and talk some sense into her! She's back for one reason and one reason only, and that is NOT to sight see her place of origin, she's here for revenge. Plus, you need to bring her here so we can get the records straight. This has never happened before we came across her and her sisters records, they are the only two in existence like this, and we need to know exactly what happened." Botan explained, but she did the finger quotations on the word sister. She didn't really want to explain the whole sister thing, and hoped they wouldn't ask.

They asked anyways.

"So who's her sister, really. Its apparent you meant she wasn't related by blood." Yusuke smartly but sarcastically pointed out.

" Her name is Zuzuko, and she is quite the rare mutt." Koenma interjected to the immense relief of the ferry girl. "Especially for she herself was on technicality `orphaned' just as Aviarianna had been when she was still an infant."

"And…?" Yusuke asked as the toddler had stopped to pull out another file.

" She is a `Dark Wolf Dragon Hybrid Vampire Harpy.' A forbidden child in her land as vampires and harpies are mortal enemies in her kingdom. She was the empress, god like to her people and cared for them deeply. But because of her powers and the control over them she didn't seem to be able to grasp, she allowed them to erase many a memory and exile her. She did it for the safety of her people."

Reiki Tantei + Botan: O.O `blink blink'

"She came across the infant Aviarianna in a ditch. Now according to Aviarianna's file, her mother was a cat demon who fell in love with a human after Aviarianna herself was conceived. Her biological father was a demon however, and he was mad as far as we know. In the end, her parents, biological and not, and her entire village were destroyed. No one knows how she survived and ended up in that ditch, but she did. Zuzuko though young still at 200 took the child in. She disregarded assassin instincts to kill the child for reasons we do not know, she cared for Aviarianna as if she were her own, her sister, and so they still are too this day."

Reiki Tantei and Botan again: O.o…'Blink…blinkblink.'

Koenma looked up at their faces. "Well that's what the files say…"

Suddenly Yusuke and Kuwabarra realized something and at the same time asked: "What's a `Special Term Incarnate'?" Again, Koenma sighed deeply…as Kurama and Hiei rolled their eyes.

********************* Makai to Ningenkai******************

Avi had gone off to a hotspring after her spar to bathe, and had also chased off about 3 male demons during the whole hour she was gone. She'd changed from the tank top, shorts and combat boot training outfit into a somewhat more…interesting one. Tight slightly flared black low hip huggers adorned her legs and she still had her combat boots on. Her shirt, was rather low cut at the chest, and cut off right above the navel. Dark violet with red trim, full flared sleeves down the middle of her palms and a lighter red bodice with shimmery purple laces as well, stopped above her navel. Okay, so maybe she did have a pretty nice body…but she still had that little bit of baby fat to keep her face healthily rounded and her tummy not quite flat but flat enough.

Her hair was tied with a red hair tie in a low Kenshin style ponytail. Partly to hide her ears and partly cause she happened to like that style today. However, two long annoying strands of bangs hung down on each side of her face. Discreetly hidden, partly by magic, in a back pocket was a bladed fan. However, if need truly served she could summon her Katana and Kodachi with a mere though in less than a second.

" Namarie Uncle!" She called cheerfully back to the little porch of the cottage and the smiling man standing in the doorway. She then said a few words, vanished, reappeared at the only close by portal and headed through to the Ningankei. She arrived right in the back of the same alleyway she'd vanished from just yesterday, by Meiou High.

"Well…not exactly where I was hoping to end up but at least it was still out of the open, sorta…" She looked around for a moment, adjusted her necklaces, kissed the wedding band on her finger sending good wished towards her husband and put on her sunglasses. She then casually made her way down the alley, around the corner and began to walk down the sidewalk as if she'd been doing it her whole life.

In retrospect, if was quite a lovely Saturday mourning in April. Warm, sunny, blue sky little fluffy white clouds. It made her sad, she missed Lorien already and she'd only been gone a week! Scents and sounds wafted past her ears and nose…humans, dogs, cats, a dove above her, pigeons in the park across the way…a few demons and a hanyou and a human…Wait!

"Demons, hanyou, human…" She muttered to herself trying to pin point the direction the scent was coming from. She smirked to herself as she saw the group exit a Ramen shop owned by none other then the Yukimora's, Keiko herself was even waving as they turned her direction. " How sweet…" she trailed off and then snapped herself out of it. As the boys still were walking her way. She ducked into the flower Shop before they saw her and waited till they'd passed. Then she jumped out and followed them.

"Hello Boys!" she said loudly as they stopped at the crosswalk to the huge park. Groans emanated from the group and a small yelp from Kuwabaka made her grin. But her sights were set on the green eyed, blood colored head of Kurama. "And hello Kurama…" she purred walking up to him casually and taking his arm in hers. He blushed and got a worried look on his face. 'What has she planned?!" He thought. The other boys held back instincts to pull her off and then noticed the color of her hair; it was auburn now…She really was Aviarianna!

She walked casually with them into a grove of trees and let go of Kurama. She positioned herself in front of him and looked up, slightly pissed at the height difference between his 6-ft and her 5'7 but grinned evilly again. She felt the boys take there fighting stances. Great, they wanted a fight, she just wanted to get this portion of the plan done.

"Hmph…I was hoping I wouldn't have to bloody fight anyone!" She scowled at the entire group, annoyed.

"You thought we'd just let you go?? We know who you are and we know why you're here!" Yusuke yelled at her, drawing attention to the little group.

"Oh shove it Yusuke! Honestly….this doesn't concern the rest of you one little bit unless you really want to interfere and get your buts kicked or killed!" She spat the words at him and shoved him back roughly into a tree. She glared at Kuwabarra and he just kind of looked scared and backed up. "Coward" she spat at the ugly redhead so low only Hiei and Kurama heard her. Hiei gave a short chuckle at the insult, which caused the girl to round on him. "And you…you're the only one out of the whole group whom I have no qualms with! Feel lucky. Just let me get this one little thing done with Kurama and I'll be on way, for today anyhow." She grinned evilly at the fox again and began to go towards him, when Hiei complete with Katana and Yusuke brandishing glowing fists blocked her way. She rolled her eyes.

"Fine, if it's a fight you want…." She shrugged and began to form a shimmery cube in her hands; the boys readied for the attack, but I never came. Instead, they found themselves enveloped, along with about a miles worth of the park in a circular radius, inside the cube, it was somewhat darker but completely unpopulated. At there confused look she felt obligated to explain. " It's a power shield. You see, since you all must insist on a fight, this is the safest way for the rest of the world. Any damage here, will not show up when its over, and not a single mortal will ever have been aware of what's happened. They've all been send into an empty dimension in suspended animation. It's quite helpful really." She smiled. They just nodded blankly. Then charged her

She dodged Hiei's sword with difficulty, but managed to put the freeze on Yusuke who was almost immediately enveloped in a block of ice. He made the mistake of listening when she chanted her small spell. But Hiei…. He'd had the knowledge not to allow her time to try any such thing with him. So she was forced to summon her Katana and Kodachi. She blocked his sword at all angles; parried and then discovered how fast he could really move as her right arm became useless because a gash from sternum to elbow had just been applied. She hissed in pain but using the advantage of Hiei being momentarily pleased with himself, used her own speed to hightail it to Kurama and quickly abandoned her blades for the bladed fan, which she promptly held up to his throat so hard a small trickle of blood had formed along its edges. She smirked at the look Hiei and Kuwabaka gave her, one glare was as evil and could be, the other glare had a sort of `please don't hurt me but if you hurt him…' look to it. There hesitation gave her time to freeze them as well…but she kept their heads, as with Yusuke fully awake and thawed so they could watch. She then pushed Kurama up against a tree.

" I know that you've changed, being humbled by humanity and the love of a mother and all, but you will always, ALWAYS be Yoko. You will always be the one, who hurt me, and that I could deal with, but you did more damage to my sister, and that I could never forgive! Remember the forum, Yoko?" She spat out his name like it was poison. "Do you remember all those messages? Fecay? Jareth? Threatening to kill not only her but also ME when she found you out?? Do You?! Do you remember everything you said everything you did?! Messing with our memories, our minds, playing little games all for the sake one an `experiment'! You have no idea how much that hurt Yoko…how much frustration, pain and stress you put us through! Especially Zuzuko, she's not used to such betrayal and stress, such mental and emotional anguish! You're such a bastard! I'd hoped that you really were dead, but I knew better!" She hissed at him, her voice gained momentum with every word, her eyes became redder with anger every moment and thought she's lowered the fan, she pressed it up against his belly, harder with every other sentence. Her body forcing his to stay between her and the tree, his arms pinned behind him. Then the memories flooded his subconscious. The Yoko that now had returned and shared this body with him began to remember. Remembered everything…remembered the forum, remembered the deceit, the threats the info, everything. Right down to the last message he'd ever sent them to the hunter who'd nearly killed him but forgot about the spirit part of the foxes being. He gasped as the bladed ends of the fan were pushed farther into his skin, breaking it, blood trickling down onto her hand.

"Spirit Fox Yoko Kurama…" she whispered harshly, quite well aware of the fire demon beginning to break free of his ice cage. "Your spirit endured…your spirit escaped, and so you were born human…but remain demon to the very depths of your soul. You have no idea what you truly did to us, to her! You remember now…don't you?" She asked as she pushed to fan in even more, hearing him gasp again and looking deep into eyes that were slowly turning golden. His hair was beginning to grow and fade to silver…and suddenly she felt tow hands pulling the fan out of his stomach while she still held it and pushing her up against the tree close by. Yoko had emerged to his fullest. He glared at the hanyou and pushed her injured shoulder up against the bark harder. She was the one who gasped this time at the pain that coursed light lightning through her limbs. However, she's been wanting this.

She smirked seductively as he pushed his own body up against her own, his now white outfit turning slightly red at the stomach as the blood began to dry. The wound had stopped bleeding a few minutes before. "I remember you now…Avi." He growled out and he knocked the fan from her hand. The allowance of space that allowed her was enough so she brought her hand up to her mouth and licked his blood off. She then pulled his head down by the shirt and kissed him hard on the lips…but to another purpose than what it looked like. Through this intimate contact, she was able to send him a mental barrage of images…he tried to pull back but her grip moved to the back of his neck almost immediately and the nightmares kept coming. She broke the kiss moments later and laid her forehead against his own, while he was gasping for breath and trying not to vomit at all the blood and gore that she'd just shone him.

"Get ready for hell Yoko dear." She whispered as a burning pain developed in the center of his forehead. She pulled back and let go of him, then muttered some incoherent words and disappeared, along with the barrier. She returned to the Makai and her uncle looked at her astonished.

************ Appearing in Makai**********************

"By the gods Avi, What happened?!" He rushed over to her and immediately began to dress her wounds; she yelped a bit at the pain of the alcohol but other than that was pretty much good.

"They didn't want to let me apply the mark without a fight. Hiei is damn fast, didn't know he was that fast…" she trailed off then looked down at the bandaged would and the tatters of the right side of her shirt. "Damn! This was my favorite shirt and bodice! Now it's ruined!" She exclaimed and went to go put on a nice, loose, forest green, down to her thighs tunic from home. This was gonna hurt like a bitch in the mourning, she just knew it. Uncle just sat down and laughed at her…at how she could worry so much more over a shirt than a wound. She was definitely in a league of her own that one.

***************************Back In Ningenkai*************

Once the barrier had vanished, so did the freezing spells. Though Hiei had just burnt his way out of his little icy prison. The looked at Yoko astonished, and glad the grove was so hidden. On his forehead, burnt and now a barely visible but still there pearly tinted, was a scare…. A five-pointed star inscribed in a circle…with a phsyscic eye in the very center. What had this girl done??

******************End Chapter****************************

*Ducks flying veggies, trash, bottles, gets dinged in head with a RBC Root Beer bottle: Owwwwww!!! Please don't hurt me! I'm soooooooory! But it has to happen like that, believe me, it will get worse but then the Kurama torture will end, I promise! Don't hurt me! Just review me! Please!

-Aviarianna O' Lorien