Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Dream of Hope ❯ Chapter Two: The New Student ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Zoids, I never will cuz I'm just a kid! Haha and I wouldn't be in school if I did!! I own only the characters I make up!

Hello!! I'm here AGAIN trying to take a break from my…….my……PROJECTS! man I bet the teachers have no life if they wanna correct so much homework!!! Hehe no offense to teachers who might be reading this by any chance………so anyways o yea I finished one project!!! I'm SO HAPPY! Haha sorry had too much chocolate……^-^ now I know why my friends think I go overboard sometimes…......o yea let's get on with the story! Enjoy and review!!

P.S. This story will have the point of view of one of the students………yes he ends up becoming a………whoops can't give away anything now can I? okay well uhhhh hehe go on enjoy the story! I'll tell you went I switch back into normal point of view (P.O.V.)

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Chapter Two **The New Student**

"Class, we have a new student." All the students looked at Mrs. Kamayo in astonishment.

"Her name is Mika Freiheit."

Everyone was whispering about this. "Is she Van Freiheit's daughter?" "How come no one's ever said anything??" The room soon became a chattering box.

Travis didn't care. He just listened with ease as Mrs. Kayamo told them that they were going to have a new classmate. Mrs. Kamayo beckoned Mika to come in.

~*Travis' P.O.V.*~

At first I didn't care. But when the new girl came into the room, I suddenly became attentive.

This new girl had a strange look to her.

With green hair with bangs and two thick strands of hair covering the side of her face, and the strands being gold and silver with a silver/gold streak in her hair, she was not normal. Her hair was pulled back into a half-ponytail with a white bow.

Her eyes were icy blue and she had markings on her face. A moon and star on her forehead and on her right cheek she had a mark that seemed familiar. It looked almost like something the teacher had drawn on the board. I couldn't describe it.

Somehow I noticed the jewelry she wore. One of the earrings had the same symbol she had on her forehead; the other one had a heart. On her right hand she had a bracelet and there was a heart charm on it. She wore around her neck something that seemed like a choker. It had the moon and star design on it.

I don't know how I was staring at her but I knew she was staring back. I was almost put into a trance by her eyes when my friend Camus brought me to reality.

"Hey, whatcha staring at? And here I am, thinking you'd never fall in love with a girl like her!" whispered Camus.

I don't know but I think he said it loud enough that Mika heard because she frowned after he said that.

"Geez you're loud Camus! She heard you," I answered.

"No, she couldn't have!!"

"Well, class, please settle down!" commanded Mrs. Kamayo.

Everyone settled down.


"Please take your seat next to Tra--" started Mrs. Kamayo. Mika took her seat next to me before she could finish.

--How weird……….how did she know Mrs. Kamayo was gonna tell her to sit next to me?-- I thought. --O well, at least she's pretty cute.-- Suddenly Mika blushed. Weird.

~*Normal P.O.V.*~

Mika sat down next to Travis. For some reason it seemed like Mika could hear Travis' thoughts because the way she acted corresponded to his thoughts.

Mrs. Kamayo went on with her teaching, and while Mika was taking notes, Travis was just staring at her, having to have fallen into a deep trance. He wondered where she had come from and if she was really Van Freiheit's daughter.

He was reawakened by Mrs. Kamayo's sudden tone of excitement. "Now class, it's time to get together with a partner on this project!"

Camus went with Travis as always. Everyone else paired up, leaving Mika without a partner.

"Um, do you think I could work with you two?" Mika asked Travis and Camus politely.

Camus was about to answer when Travis blurted out a yes.

"Thank you."

As they were working, Camus asked Mika some questions.

"So Mika, you're really THE Van Freiheit's daughter?" "Yes. Well, sort of. He adopted me."

"Ohh, so where are you really from?" "CAMUS!" Travis kicked Camus in the leg, thinking his questions were starting to get a little too personal.

"I don't know really. I can't remember much of my past," Mika chuckled at Travis' attempts to keep his friend quiet.

::Sighs:: "Well, I hope Camus is done asking questions because it's getting really annoying," Travis clenched his teeth while he said this. Mika started to giggle.

Time went by and soon it was lunch. "Hey Travis, what do you have for lunch today?" asked Camus.

"Oh the usual," replied Travis in a dull voice, for he said the same thing every day to Camus. "Don't you ever stop asking that?"

"……….I guess not………." Camus wondered.

::sighs:: "I'll never understand you Camus."

All this time they didn't notice Mika staring at them with a blank face, wondering what was going on. "Oh Mika, hi would you like to join us for lunch?" Travis asked Mika anxiously, wanting to learn more about her just like Camus had.

(No they don't eat in a cafeteria, they sit at their desks and they turn them around to face friends and stuff like that)

"Um, sure I guess." Mika turned her desk to face them. "So Travis, all of a sudden you start inviting girls to sit with us? Or is it just Mika?" Camus winked at Travis.

"Shut up," grumbled Travis, not wanting Mika to know that he had started to like her.

"Oh you don't have to scold him, I'm sure he was only joking," Mika defended Camus. "I mean, I really don't take him all that much serious, with all the remarks he said to you before. By the way, please don't take any offense into what I just said, Camus."

"Oh I don't mind," stated Camus. He started to laugh.

Travis eyed Camus jealously, and took another bite out of his sandwich (yes he was eating his sandwich through the whole thing).

"You don't have to be jealous of your friend," Mika assured as she started to take a bite of her sandwich.

--How did she know?--Travis thought.

"I just do," she replied.

Travis was now confused. How could she know what he was thinking? Mika just changed the subject, knowing Travis was going to ask questions. And she could tell Camus was confused also.

"What kind of zoids do you guys own?"

"Oh you'll just love the zoid I own!" boasted Camus, "It's a DiBison!! My dad gave it to me!"

"Who's your dad?" wondered Mika.

"Lieutenant Thomas Richard Shubultz…I think he worked alongside with Van and Fiona, didn't he?"

"Yes, my parents told me all about the people they worked with. And they still work together in the Guardian Force," explained Mika. "They captured Raven not too long ago with the help of Moonbay, Irvine, and your father. I've met your father I think but I haven't met Moonbay and Irvine though. Van wouldn't let me anywhere near the battle so I couldn't see the fight. Wish I did. But your father, Lieutenant Shubultz, wasn't too happy when he met me."

"Why?" questioned the two boys.

"Because………I think he still loved Fiona. Or he wished he had told her he loved her. Somehow he just regrets not being with her and when he found out Fiona and Van had a child, he became sad. But then when they explained how they found me, he wasn't so tense. But he still loved Fiona after all these years. I know he still cares for her, even thought he loves your mother very much," recalled Mika.

"Oh………I never knew this about Fiona and my dad………" whispered Camus.

"I'm sorry--" "No it's not your fault," Camus had cut Mika off. "Don't worry Mika, Camus would've found out anyways," consoled Travis. "Yea, he's right," added Camus.

Mika still felt bad for telling Camus. She knew he didn't know much about his father as she did, but she went on and said.

And for some reason she felt better every time Travis tried to cheer her up. What she really starting to like him?

At the end of the day, everyone went outside and went to check up on their zoids (yes everyone had a zoid by that time, okay it wasn't that long after Van and Fiona's little adventures but still work with me here!).

Travis saw his Red Blade Liger growling to a White one. "I guess I should let them talk. I mean it's not often we see another Blade Liger," Travis thought aloud.

Travis didn't notice that someone was quietly tiptoeing up to him from behind. "Hi!"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Who's that sneaking up behind Travis?

And is Mika really falling for him?

What happens when an old enemy suddenly steps into her life?

And who does Camus like???

And where IS Moonbay and Irvine right now and how are they doing???

Yes I know I left this in the most unusual place………just call it a cliffhanger………but too me it doesn't seem like one…….…o well! Yea I know this chapter is long.........well to me it does

Please review and it will take me a while to update the next one! Stay tuned for the next chapter of "Dream of Lost Hope"!!!

::runs away but trips over chair today:: now who put that there?!! O wait I did………ahhhh at least I didn't get a bruise this time………please don't worry about me………this is what happens when you stuff a whole snack-size bag of sour patch kids in your mouth, yes a whole snack-size bag……….HEY! ::says to chris:: I was done being a guide to newcomers at school!!! And I needed SOMETHING……….okay I went crazy FINE it was two snack-size bags THERE U HAPPY???? ::mutters some swears at chris:: ………..ooops veered off subject (this is what you and mairead always do to me!!!)

Well I hope u liked this chapter!!

Please review!!