Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Unexpected Pregnancy ❯ Alexandria Lily Potter ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Draco was gone. Harry Potter sat on the sofa, tears running down his thin face, crying silently. The television was on low so as to not wake anyone up. The man on the news explained that 'Mr Malfoy had been missing from his residence for an unknown amount of time'. Someone delivering a package had sounded the alarm when he saw the amount of unopened mail on his mat. Some might wonder why he was looking through the letterbox; it wasn't touched upon by the newsreader. Harry was just worried about the whereabouts of his ex-fiancé. He had not heard from Draco for almost seven years, but he still loved him and no other. Their daughter was enough to ensure that; Alexandria Lily Potter.

There she was in the doorway, rubbing her sleep-filled eyes with a small fist. She was very pretty, everyone said so. She had waist-length ebony hair, the same colour as Harry's, and stormy grey eyes. Those eyes were so similar to Draco's that Harry couldn't help but love her; she was all he had left of his only love. "Mummy?" She had always called Harry 'Mummy', a fact which Sirius found highly amusing. The smirk was soon wiped off his face, though, when she started calling him 'Grandad'. She had eventually settled on 'Grandad Sirius', 'Uncle Remus' and refused point blank to call Harry anything other than Mummy. She was special, they all knew it. She knew things a six-and-a-half year old shouldn't know. She knew when Harry was feeling sad, which was why she had woken in the first place. "Mummy?" This finally got a response. Harry looked up and managed a somewhat shaky smile.

"Alex, you should be asleep." Harry beckoned his daughter over and lifted her up to sit on his knee. She cuddled into his chest and watched the TV out of one eye. Harry made no protest, he never did. He knew as well as she did that she wouldn't be able to sleep again until he did.

"Mummy, why is Daddy on TV?" Harry had never hidden who her father was from her; she had a right to know. He had been in two minds whether to name her Malfoy or Potter. He had decided on Potter, as he knew in his heart of hearts that Draco wasn't coming back, but it didn't stop him from hoping.

"He's gone missing." There was no point trying to cover the truth, Alex could see right through his lies.

"He'll be ok, I know he will. Stop crying, please mummy." Harry dried his eyes and smiled. She was right, Draco would be ok. He had managed by himself up until now. Plus, Alex had as much of a bond with him as with Harry, she would know if anything had happened to Draco.

"I think we'd better go to bed. Remus'll blow a gasket if he finds us sleeping on the sofa again." They both giggled softly and made their way silently upstairs, Harry carrying his tired daughter. She was already asleep by the time they reached her room so Harry laid her gently on her bed, kissing her once on the forehead as he tucked her in. Smiling and happy he left her to sleep and went to do the same.