Fan Fiction ❯ One with the Music: Picking up the Pieces ❯ Ebon Vs. Aden ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One with the Music: Picking up the Pieces
By Aden Silverflame
Proofed By Torrent Silverpelt
Characters © Owners, they know who they are.
 
Chapter 3
 
I did the only thing I could do and ducked under a table nearby. The fists started flying and Kiz was knocked flat. Nothing at all was holding the dragon back now; he jumped down onto Kiz and threw another punch to his chest before a stern grip peeled the wurmling off my friend. With titanic strength the black creature was flung against a marble pillar where he slumped down to the floor. Tooth filled maw panting and drooling blood.
Then a voice resounded loudly and clearly in the ears of all assembled, that voice was connected to the creature, brave enough to injure the general's son, Aden, the guardian of all fairies.
“Ebon Drake Gypsom! You will never again raise a hand to the fairies in my care! You will raise yourself from these sacred stones and leave this palace without further confrontation!” My heart hammered as he stood above Kiz, wings outstretched and head haloed in a light that seemed to burn from within. It was beautiful to behold but frightening at the same time, few things could provoke this reaction from Aden. Harming a fairy was one of them.
Ebon coughed and clutched his chest as he scuttled away, blood dripping onto my nice floors. It was a mess for sure but I think it was worth it to see that little bastard in pain. I managed to crawl out from under the table to Kiz's side, his eyes were half closed and he coughed a little.
“Prick...” he said with a little wheeze as someone from the staff helped him to his feet and off to the infirmary.
Aden stopped and looked to me and offered me a hand to stand up. I gladly accepted and rose to my feet beside the angel. “Will Kiz be ok?” I asked, looking back to my friend.
“Kiz is going to be fine... do you know what got Ebon so pissed off?” the kitsune motioned for me to take a seat and then took a place beside me.
I sighed and wrung my hands together. “I wasn't in the mood to deal with Ebon... he was harassing me again, Kiz stood up for me and then the fight started. I hid...”
Aden nodded gently as he looked over the mess on the floor of my drink and the blood. “Something tells me that you were in a bad mood before this started.”
I blushed at his perception and nodded, though I wasn't sure if I should tell him about Kurt or not. Humans are a touchy subject amongst the fae in general, and relations between a fairy and a human were pretty taboo. “I... have a little problem...” I began; if there was one person I could talk to about this it was Aden.
“Is it a personal problem... or a problem with someone else?” his voice made me feel warm and fuzzy inside and it was helped along by a silken soft wing slowly laying over my back, his own personal version of putting his hand on your shoulder.
I leaned against him a little, pushing it just as far as I could, I'd already been told not to touch him by the Princess. “I met someone... a while ago... a human...”
“Ahh... I see... there are rumors about how you spend your free time...” his voice took on a bit of a stern tone, I could tell that he didn't approve of the idea already.
With a bright blush and another sigh I nodded. “Yes... I like to go out... just... sleep with humans... and fae... it's like a game to me... but I... I just... this human, I can't get him out of my mind, I think I... love him.”
Aden nodded gently and places a hand atop mine. “Kaz, humans are fragile things, they don't have the same ability to shake off pain and suffering like we can. If you care about him you need to let him know. Maybe he'll feel the same way.”
“I... I tricked him. Into believing I put a spell on him to make him gay, I didn't think it would work but... he was convinced. He... and I... we had sex and... After I told him the truth. He ran out on me, left me there. I've tried to look for him but I can't find him anywhere.” I couldn't help but start to cry as I thought more and more about that man. “I'm wasting away, I don't want to eat, or drink... I don't see the daylight. I just want to die.”
Aden nodded slowly again, his hand still on mine, holding it gently. “Kaz, you're a friend of the princess and I. We'll see what we can manage to help you along. Maybe we can find this guy for you. But until then I want you to enjoy the party, smile and have a good time. Go see if Kiz is alright and then take him for a drink, that brave boy deserves something.”
I nodded and smiled. All of a sudden a memory slipped into my mind, a pair of strong arms, covered in fur, supporting me when I was a baby cradling me, and a gentle voice singing to me. “A-Aden... how old are you?” I was surprised I asked him that but seeing as I was 2500 years old myself, it was odd to remember someone like him from when I was a child.
His eyes shifted down and he stood slowly, walking back towards the rear chambers. “Too old...” he said softly as he left.