Fan Fiction ❯ One With The Music ❯ The Morring After, The Problem & The Store ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One With The Music
By Aden Silverflame
Proofed By Torrent Silverpelt
Kaz © Torrent Silverpelt
 
Chapter 2
 
The next morning I was up with the sun and a bad hangover, the music out of the radio sounding full of static and generally unappealing and I soon silenced it.
“Ooh god... what did I drink last night...” I rubbed my stomach.
And as if on cue I got a bottle of pepto and a receipt handed to me. “4 bottles of beer, 2 shots of Jack Daniels, a Black Russian, a White Russian and 3 Zombies” My roommate sighed and shook his head as he pulled on his work shirt.
“Holy hell... I don't remember that...” I took a slug of pepto out of the bottle and coughed for a moment.
“Yeah... you passed right out when we got to the door... and by the way you owe me $40, I covered your tab, and this is the Last time I will be doing it. Got that?” Allan said firmly.
“Allan you're a prince.” I smiled and blew him a kiss as he walked towards the door.
“Suck it, Kurt!” he said as he rushed out the door and down the hall, obviously late for work.
“Cheap ass queen...” I mumbled as I stood up, digging around in my pile of laundry for something to wear. Nothing seemed to go right, it all just looked off.
“Ugh! Does nothing go with these pants!?” I stopped myself as I spoke and shook my head “I've been hanging out with Allan and Nate too long...” I just grabbed a shirt off the floor and tossed it on, walking to the stereo for some music before I had to go back to looking for work.
I popped in my favorite CD and sat back with the paper but soon my morning respite was broken abruptly. The music blaring out of the CD player was indeed my favorite song but it sounded more like nails on a chalkboard to me.
“FUCK! Who the hell's been screwing with this?” I mumbled as I got up and turned the music off. So no tunes, I could manage.
The rest of the morning went without hassle, cleaned up a bit, made lunch and then as I was sitting back on the couch to rest my eyes and ease my hangover for a moment a thought crept back into my mind. The club the night before and that blue haired guy, as I thought more and more my heart thumped and my lips quivered a little. It was the same feeling I used to get around the girls in the schoolyard when I was younger.
My eyes closed as I thought of him, my mind wandering further and further until I jerked it back with my own stern words. “The fuck you don't! You're straight!” I sat up and rubbed my eyes. “Damn F-“ I caught myself before I spoke that word. Long shouting fits between Allan and I still hung heavy from the last time I said that. “Argh! I need to get out... do something...”
I grabbed my shoes and my wallet, locking the door and proceeding to go for a walk. The air was nice even though it was hot and muggy out but it did nothing for my headache. Each and every store I walked into seemed to be having problems with the store intercom, all the music sounded awful. Then as luck would have it I stopped by a store with a certain, “un-straight” flair. The song playing was the one I had heard at the club before and almost instantly I started to feel better, soothed and revived.
Then as if to remind me of where I was and what I was doing I felt a hand slide over my ass. As usual I jumped and looked at the person who had touched me. It was that guy from the club, a grin going from ear to ear as his eyes looked up into mine. “Just couldn't keep away from me could you?” his voice was a lot more bright and bouncy.
I sputtered and looked down at him still until I mustered the will to speak. “Who the hell are you anyway?”
Instantly the guy's demeanor changed, he pouted and looked almost crushed. “You don't remember me... you... you're so mean.”
I grabbed his arm and looked down into his eyes pulling him out of the store and down the alleyway beside it. “Ok... now you're gonna explain who the hell you are and why I shouldn't be beating you up right now...”