Fan Fiction ❯ Out of Raven's World ❯ An Explanation ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Grrrrrrr.

The creatures flew up as a group, then swooped down on the titans. They were all running around frantically trying to avoid getting hit. Starfire and Cyborg were trying to blast the creatures, but they were to small and fast. The titans ended up retreating. As they ran, they waved their arms wildly around in the air to keep the creatures off of them. Finally, the titans drew closer to a doorway. The door opened automatically. After they had entered the next room, the door closed just quickly enough for the creatures to be locked outside the doorway. They all stood there for a moment to catch their breath.

" Is it me or are we getting our butts kicked,?" asked Beastboy.

" It's just you," said Robin, Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven in unison.

Suddenly, the tower began to shake. It continued for a few minutes then stopped.

" What was that,?" asked Cyborg.

" I don't know," replied Robin," Raven, do you know what happened,?"

" I think so but it's not good," replied Raven," If I'm right, when those creatures escaped, It triggered something in my mind. If they aren't put back by sunrise, then the world could explode.

" Dude, I don't think I understand why," said Beastboy.

" It's complicated," replied Raven," everything in my mind is a part of me, and my powers require everything of me. If some part of me is missing, even a little piece, then my powers could lose control.

" Oh," replied Beastboy.

Then the earth again began to shake and rumble. This time the quake was a little more violent. It continued for about three minutes then stopped.

" The closer it gets to sunrise, the more violent the quakes will become," said Raven.

" Quickly, we must hurry," replied Starfire.

The titans took a few minutes to decide on a way to lure the creatures to the mirror from which they came. After a few minutes they were up and ready to go.

" Titans, lets move," said Robin.