Fan Fiction ❯ Will of One's Heart: Can it Bring You Home? ❯ Hallow ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: ahahaha…I revised this thing! Yes I have become a much better writer than I was, and believe me. My recent stories were in no comparison to this, but I will try hard on this story.

disclaimer: I don't own any kh characters or ff characters. And I am sure I'm not creating any oc's so I don't own much in this story.

Sora stood with his key blade high over his head. He was hesitating starring into the glowing yellow eyes of a heartless. Several thought ran through his mind. Those same thoughts kept his arms from moving.


"SORA! Do it!" Donald shouted at him. That broke Sora's arms free of his mind's hold. His massive key blade impaled deeply into the heartless' black flesh. He stopped as he watched the heart float up into the sky. Sora stood their concentrating on the breath flowing from his nostrils. He heard the blade scrape across the floor and he just stood there for a moment.


"What is wrong with you today Sora!" Donald yelled angrily at him as he whacked him in the leg with his staff. When the pain finally registered in Sora's brain he dropped his key blade and grabbed his leg in pain.


"What was that for?" Sora shouted angrily at them as he sat on the ground holding his leg. It had been two year since Riku and the king were sealed behind the door. Sora's hope of getting home soon was fading quickly, as was his patience for the task at hand. Now Donald, Goofy, and himself were staying in Twilight Town for a rest. Their rest was cut short when the heartless had gotten in again. Twilight Town was the brightest city he had ever seen. On the outside everything was golden even the large clock tower. At sunset it was magical, all the couples would go out and watch the sunset it made him yearn to see Kairi again. He hoped that she had not forgotten about him and moved on.


"Donald, the heartless…do they die?" Sora asked sadly as he called his key blade to him.


"Well of course they die!" Donald answered smugly.


"Then if the heartless are just darkness that takes form when they have people's hearts…doesn't that mean that when we kill the heartless…we kill the people whose hearts they have?" Sora asked him.


"Well…I uh…don't know." Donald said nervously tapping the back of his feathered head with his staff.

"No, their hearts fall back into a dark abyss. We take away their hope." Sora sighed and got up and started to walk away.


"Sora!" Goofy shouted after him.


"It's alright guys I'm just going to go to bed." Sora said giving them his usual smile. Sora walked down the alley to the hotel. It was that thought that had kept him from swinging his key blade. Maybe all he was doing was keeping people from getting their hearts out of darkness. Leon had told him once when he was in Traverse Town about a girl named Rinoa. He talked so highly of her, and every time he did his eyes grew sad. Sora was young then but he knew well enough that he had loved her and that she was taken by darkness. Cloud had also talked about a childhood friend that he had loved. He never said much but he mentioned that there was another girl that he loved too. He had told Sora that he believe that they were both gone. He said that they were his light and now that they were gone all that there was darkness. Right now Sora could relate to that. Cloud did find some of his light, but he choose to leave Aerith shortly after finding her. Sometimes he would see Cloud still wondering around the Coliseum in with his eyes cold and lifeless.


"Goofy I'm worried about Sora. He seems to be getting more depressed." Donald said as they also started towards the hotel.


"Yup…and each time he smiles it hurts to watch. He always seems cheerful enough around us but his smile says he's hurting…" Goofy said sadly.


"He's losing hope…" Donald said despondently.

Sora laid down on his bed. He kept his room dark as he could. He didn't feel like being in the light. His heart was starting to literally ache. The more he thought about anything the more it hurt. He wanted to go home and for things to be normal. He wanted Kairi there in his arms, in his bed, by his side. Tears began to spill from his eyes making large wet spots on his pillows. Sora felt like ice water was washing over him. It scared him quiet a bit. He sat up and looked his body over he was starting to disappear. His skin was turning a whitish color. What was happening to him? The more transparent he became the more his heart ached. The transparency had final reached his head and it felt like a knife had cut across his eyes. He woke up shaking. His eyes remained closed he was laying somewhere dirty and cold that was all he knew. He heard the dull sound of something. It reminded him of the hidden have on Destiny Island. The realization hit him. It sounded a lot like that cave. His eyes shot open and he looked around. I am home? Yes the cave covered with drawings. Even the one of him and Kairi were there. Only it was different. It not only showed him giving a Paupu fruit to Kiari but her giving one to him. Sora ran outside the cave, outside to his home.