Fan Fiction ❯ Wings of a Raven ❯ Leaving it All Behind ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Teen Titans, The Beginning: pt. II, The Wings of a Raven
MattAttack X
MadLab Studios
Chapter Three: Leaving it All Behind
As Rachel drifted through space, all she could think about was her life on Azarath. All that she had was now gone, her family, her friends, everything. Why didn't they tell her. "Did they have to trick me?", she thought. She drifted through space for what seemed like an eternity, until suddenly as she looked out of the circular pod window. Clear in sight there was a planet much like her own. "I wonder if it's inhabitable?". Rachel examined the surface, there was water...a lot of water. The pod was then taken in by the planet's gravity. The turbulence of the pod was almost unbearable. "It feels like the ship is going to explode." The turbulence stopped and now the pod was just soaring down toward the surface. "I'm going to crash! Azarath, Metrion, Zynthose!", Rachel used her powers to soften to fall. Still it hurt like hell. Rachel fought to get out of the pod. She hit it walls in attempt to break them.

BEEP

"What was that?"

BEEP

Rachel turned to find a timer. "What, the lock is timed?"

BEEP

The pod door exploded off. "I'm still alive so I guess the air is breathable", Rachel stepped out of the pod. She thought about her past, "Everything up to this point is dead to me, my family, my friends, my planet, and my name. All of that is useless now. I'll make a new name, I'll make a new life. I am Rachel Roth no more. Now I'm Raven.". She marched away from the pod into the snow, leaving it all behind. Her mind was still bent on revenge. "The demon, Trigon must suffer...My powers aren't matured enough to fight with such a monster, but they will be. With the Gods as my witness I will destroy Trigon and anyone who gets in my way. My wrath will be comparable to none. I will get my vengeance..."
***
Raven(as she so dramatically made clear), found her way to the city. The enormous buildings were like nothing she had ever seen. It didn't take long to realize that everyone was noticing her. "BEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!", a metal vessel shouted at her, then a human, "Get the hell out of the road, psycho!". Raven ran to the side of the road, still startled by the loud noise. "It must be a car, so I'm on Earth", she thought.
Across the street two equally strange individuals were (like everyone else) noticing Raven.
"She's definitely not normal, what do you think?"
"Well...She's totally hot!"
"You idiot, just eat your pizza!"
"I would but you ate it all, do robots even need to eat?"
"I wouldn't know...Cuz I'm not a damn robot!"
"Mooodeee"
"Shut up, I think we should follow her"
"I probably would've done that anyway, heh heh heeeh"
"Your sick, man"
"I need to find a directory", Raven thought to herself. She walked around looking for a map. "Maybe there's one-" She suddenly saw a dog about three yards away, "Strange color for an animal...good camouflage I guess." She dismissed the domestic pet and continued her search. She walked down the street, but she was not alone, for her doggy friend was close behind. Raven made her way into a dark ally, and yes the dog followed.
Raven stopped.
The dog stopped.
She turned quickly, "Azarath, Metrion, Zynthos!!!", the dog was hit with a blast of dark energy. Then she realized it wasn't a dog at all, but it was a boy. "Oww, dude that really hurt!"
"What are you!?", Raven asked shocked and curious
"In a lot of pain, whadya hit me for?", the green boy retorted
Raven narrowed her eyes, "You were stalking me"
A voice shot out from behind her, "It was a good shot, how did ya do that?"
Raven turned to see what looked like a man but was clearly part machine, "What are you guys?"
"I'm a cyborg, and that thing is a changeling...and he's pitiful", the cyborg replied.
"I've studied Earth in school and it is inhabited by humans, why are you here?", she asked.
The cyborg grinned and replied, "Why are you here?"
"I-...that doesn't matter", Raven decided not to share her situation with these stangers, "I have to go" , the girl turned to walk away.
"Where are you gonna go, huh? We both know you won't fit in anywhere"
"I'll find a place"
"What if I told you that you do fit in...with us?"
"I'd keep walking away"
Raven left the stangers in the ally. "What was their deal? He said I'd fit in...I don't have the time anyway, I need to train.". Raven flew to the top of a large building. Overwhelmed by her first day on the blue planet, she could do nothing but sit down. She looked down at the street, "Where am I going to go?", Raven thought to herself. She sat with her chin on her arms on her knees. "Azarath".
A loud thunder boomed out, and the sky became dark. "I better find a shelter, and soon". Raven flew down to the sidewalk, then the rain came. It was so cold, she wrapped herself in her cloak (which was becoming wet making her even colder). "I'll f-f-f-find a-a-a place", it was so cold she could hardly talk over her own shivering. Then a car pulled up beside her. It was a white car with blue transparent plates. The window rolled down, it was the cyborg from earlier.
"Need a ride?", he asked
Raven smiled, "Thanks". She got in the passenger side. "Where's your friend?"
"I don't let him ride in the car, last thing I want is fleas in my baby."
"Your...baby?", Raven asked with a hint of sarcasm.
"Yeah, I've been workin' on her for years", he said stroking the roof then the dashboard.
"Listen, uhh...cyborg-man", Raven said uncertain.
"Call me Cyborg", he replied smiling
"I don't want to be a burden", She told him looking down at her feet.
"Nonsense, if anything you can help us out. Besides we got three extra rooms, you can choose yours", Cyborg told her as he began to drive.
"But...I'm different...I'm not like you guys", the girl said still looking down
"Listen you have something in common with us", her new friend said watching the road.
"What are you talking about?", Raven looked up at Cyborg
"We're all different, your one of us", He said smiling at her
Raven smiled both inside and out. Finally she felt like she belonged. Maybe these people weren't so bad, their kind enough to offer her shelter. "Now I have friends", she thought.

End of Chapter Three.
--------------------