Fan Fiction ❯ Wings of a Raven ❯ Welcome to Jump City ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Teen Titans, The Begining: PtII, The Wings of a Raven

MattAttack X

MadLab Studios

Chapter Four: Welcome to Jump City

Raven awoke in her own room, in her own bed, just like home. She sat up to stretch then collapsed down again to feel the comfort of a soft bed. Raven could'nt help but think, "Should I stay? Do I even have a right to be here?". Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock at her door.
knock knock. "Raven, it's Beast-Boy, you up?".
Raven sat up and stretched again. "Yeah, I'm up".
"Do you eat breakfast?"
Then Cyborg's voice joined the dialouge. "What kinda question is that, of course she eats breakfast!".
"You don't know! Maybe she doesn't!", Beast-Boy shot back.
"Well let's ask her then. Do you eat breakfast?"
Raven sighed, "...Yes, I eat breakfast". She got out of the bed and gathered her cloak and boots as well as her belt.
"How does cereal sound?", asked Beast-Boy, who was patiently waiting at Raven's door.
"It's fine", she said while putting her boots on. Raven opened her door and stepped out into a new world and possibly new home.
She was greeted by Beast-Boy and a bowl of cereal. "Frosted Flakes!", he said handing the bowl over to her. "...Thanks", she said taking the bowl. Raven walked over to the sofa where Cyborg was eating his cereal and watching television.
Cyborg looked up, "Sleep well?", he said smiling
"Yeah, it's a comfortable bed", she replied.
"Well, sit down. I'm guessing your new to Jump City?", Cyborg said as he continued to eat his cereal.
"...Yes, I am." , Raven said. "I'm new to this planet", she thought.
"Well, just let Cyborg give you the unofficial tour of Jump City", he said raising his spoon, "We'll see the city, and end the day with a good ol' slice of pizza! What do ya think?"
Raven sat down, "It sounds fun.". Raven helped herself to a spoonful of cereal. She chewed the bits of corn and frosted sugar. It did'nt taste bad. Actually it was kind of good. Raven continued to eat her cereal and occasionally looked at the television. It was some program about video games. From what she could gather two individuals were criticizing games for being bad( not her kind of show). Upon finishing her bowl, Cyborg spoke up, "Just give it to Beast-Boy." Raven got up and looked around for the green changling. Finally she spotted him, making his way to the kitchen.
Raven extended her hand and the bowl.
"Oh...you want me to...ok. Cyborg told you to didnt he", Beast-Boy said taking the bowl and looking angerly at the sofa.
Raven turned to face Cyborg, "When should we tour the city?".
"How about right now?", Cyborg said looking up from the couch.
Raven looked outside, "Sounds good to me"
Cyborg got up, "Then lets go!"
They made their way to the garage where Cyborg kept his baby. This room was filled with tools and complex machines. In the center of the room there was the car, with a tarp thrown over it. Cyborg walked over to the car and dramaticly threw the tarp to the side(Speed Racer style). "Hop in", Cyborg said enthusiasticly.
Raven opened the door and sat down in the passenger seat. Once Cyborg got in he turned the key and started the car. And with that they were off.
Cyborg began speaking, "So first I think i should show you the mall". Raven looked out of her window to find a huge building with a sign that read, Jump City Mall. "Girls come here to buy clothes and stuff, its a major place of hanging out as well". The car kept going, "And this is the bank...and it's being robbed.".
Raven knew what he ment, she saw people in masks with weapons threatening citygoers. "What should we do?", Raven asked.
"We should save the day, we're heros after all.", Cyborg got out of the car and ran to the rescue. Raven followed.
The man/machine burst through the bank doors(his hand was now a canon of some sort). "Alright guys, remember me? Put down the guns and it wont be like last time."
The robbers appearently knew Cyborg, "Huh...Oh crap, Cyborg. Not again!", the criminal grabbed an innocent and put a gun to her head, "You come a step closer and it's light's out for the young lady!". Raven was disgusted by the robbers means of fighting, "Azarath, Metrion, Zynthose!", the robbers gun was snatched away by Raven's powers. Freaked out the robber let go of the woman. Raven then grabbed the criminal with her power and through him against the walls, back and fourth, it wouldnt take much longer to kill the man.
"Raven, stop!!", Cyborg yelled from the entrance.
Raven ceased hurting the low-life. "What are you thinking?", she couldnt understand his reason for stopping her.
"If you kill him it makes you a criminal as well, we have laws here, and even you have to follow them!", Cyborg protested her attempted justification methods.

"Fine...", Raven through the man across the room.

The police showed up and took care of the situation. They talked to Cyborg while Raven waited in the car. Cyborg was making his way back when they met eye to eye. He sat down in the seat and looked ahead.
"Raven...you did good...real good, but you can't kill bad guys just for being bad guys", Cyborg explained looking down at the steering wheel.
Raven was looking down at her feet, "...Sorry. It wont happen again".
Cyborg started the car, "Say, how about that pizza I promised?"
Raven looked up happily. "Sounds good".
And they set off to the Pizzaria to get a slice of Earth's greatest invention. Raven enjoyed her new home, keeping in mind what she has to do. Will she be able to train in time to defeat her father, how long can she hide from him. All we know is the plot is getting pretty thick, I mean dude, the plot could smother somebody if I threw it on them, it's hardcore. Until next chapter...well I cant think of anything.
End of Chapter.