Fatal Fury Fan Fiction ❯ South Town ❯ Relocation Fiasco ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: King of Fighters along with all its characters is the property of Playmore.

()= thoughts
Relocation Fiasco

"Are you sure you want to do this," Yuri asked as she finished taping up the last box.

Achika nodded as she placed the remaining books in a paper bag. "It's more convenient for me. You see, not only is their place closer to the university, my home is just less than a mile from there. I've already talked to my father about it, and he's finally agreed." She then carefully folded the top of the bag around the books, creating a small package. "Can you pass the tape?"

Yuri handed her the tape. "Well, I hope you enjoyed your stay here."

"I did," Achika replied with a smile. "One thing I'm going to miss is having my own room. I'm either going to share a room with Torch or Iris, or even stay in the living room. Geez, I hope they have enough room for the rest of my book collection."

"The... rest... of...," Yuri said, as she looked at the number of boxes they had packed. "Six of these boxes are nothing but books...."

"No wait, I can probably use a room in the old home as a personal library," Achika brainstormed. "That way Ryo and Robert don't have to haul them upstairs." She counted what would be left if that was the course of action. "That would leave my luggage and... oh my, two boxes... two small boxes. I guess I have more books than I realize."


Torch was busy moving the rest of Iris's clothing into the room she used. Out of the two rooms in the apartment, hers was the biggest. It took a bit of effort to convince Iris to move out of her old room. Torch carefully hung Iris's clothes on the other side of the walk in closet. She then recalled the day she brought up the subject of Achika moving in with them.

*****
Iris was sitting down on the couch, reviewing her notes for a test she had in chemistry. She was deep in thought when all of sudden, the door swung open.

"Hey, Iris!!"

Iris didn't budge. She continued to study her notes. "Hmm...."

"Would you have any objections if I invited Achika to move in with us?"

"Hmm..." Iris replied without taking her eyes of her studies.

"Thanks, I knew you would agree to it. I'll go talk to her right now."

"Hmm," Iris replied without looking up. After she heard the door shut, Iris looked up. "Did Torch just ask me if... oh, well. I'll talk to the landlord tomorrow."


Iris shook her head as she recalled that evening five weeks ago. "I'll be sure to send Achika down here," she told the landlord. "She should be here this afternoon."

"That will be fine," the landlord replied. "I'm just glad you contacted me ahead of time. Usually some people just show up. For that I will not start charging you the extra rent until next month."

"Thank you," Iris replied. "We greatly appreciate it."


Iris later found Torch moving the remaining pieces of clothing from her closet into the other room. "Torch, I hope you're not just dumping the stuff in a corner."

"Of course not," Torch replied. "I never realized how many clothes you had. You don't even wear this anymore, do you?" She then held out an old green sweater with a huge sunflower embroidered into it.

"Ugh, where did that come from," Iris exclaimed in disgust as she took the sweater from Torch. "I haven't worn this since high school." She then noticed the small pile of clothing near the closet entrance. "I guess this a good opportunity to sort through all this crap and find the stuff I don't use and donate it to charity."

Torch began to laugh a bit. "Looks like the loner does have a heart after all," she teased. "I'm sure that sweater will keep some poor soul warm this coming winter." She then laughed even more when Iris only gave her a dirty look. "I was only joking with you. Lighten up a bit. I have to say that it's a good idea to go through the stuff. I may end up doing that myself. I think we have a few empty boxes down in the basement we can use."

"We'll certainly have plenty when Achika moves in," Iris noted with a low tone. "Have you seen her library?"

Torch nodded. "It makes STU's look like a news stand. I hope she's not planning to bring all that here. My back aches at the very thought of those poor souls who have to drag them up here."

"'Poor souls?' If anything breaks during this move, then they'll be 'wandering, lost souls.'"

"Now, now, Iris. I know how 'overprotective' you can get with your stuff. Just slap that trademark label of yours onto those boxes, and they'll be fine."

"What trademark label?"

"'Touch and die an agonizing death.'"

"That's your label," Iris said and headed into her room to finish packing.

Torch let out a laugh. "I guess your right. Oh, yeah. Ryo and Robert will be here in an hour or so. They're going to help Achika move her stuff. What do you think about Robert, Iris?" Torch paused, waiting for a reply. "Iris?" She walked into the room. "Iris? Hmm... she's gone again. I hate when she does that. I swear she was ninja in a past life."

*****
Achika took one last look around the room, making sure she wasn't forgetting anything. "I guess that's that. I'll be happy when this day's over with." She quickly ran downstairs where the group was waiting for her in an SUV. "Wow, I didn't know you had one of these, Robert."

Robert only shrugged. "I usually drive this thing in winter. Ready?"

Achika nodded and hopped into the back with Yuri.

Ryo poked his head from the front. "I guess you gained us as neighbors."

"Can't wait," Achika replied sarcastically. "Did you have any trouble moving the big boxes."

No one replied.

"Well?"

"Um, you see. We left them near the front door of your old house," Ryo carefully said. "We managed to get them into the compound but we nearly broke our backs trying to carry them inside." He began to laugh. "Out of all the things we forgot, we left the dolly at the dojo."

"You left them outside?!" Achika nearly jumped to grab Ryo by throat.

"Hey, I'm trying to drive here," Robert yelled as he tried to keep control of the vehicle.

"Watch were you're driving, asshole!"

"Sorry," Robert yelled back.

*****
Torch was waiting for them at the front entrance. She smiled as the car pulled up. "It's about time." She paused when she noticed a pale Ryo. "What happened to you?"

"He left my books outside my house," Achika briefly stated.

"She tried to kill him," Robert added.

"You were damn lucky that you were driving," Achika told Robert with daggers in her eyes.

Robert swallowed air and took five steps back while quickly opening the back to gather the bags.

"Okay," Torch said. "Well, can you guys stick around for a few? We may need some help moving Iris' stuff into my room. You guys up to it?"

Ryo and Robert thought for a moment. "Sure," Robert replied.

"Say what?" Before Ryo could continue his protest, Robert took him aside.

"Listen, Ryo," Robert whispered and to double check that they were out of ear shot range. "This is our chance to score some brownie points with the girls."

"What to you mean 'our chance?'"

Robert sighed and rolled his eyes. "Look, not only will we get on Torch's good side, but we can apologize to Achika at the same time. Besides," he added and began to nudge him with his elbow , "I see how you're looking at Iris."

"Are you sure you're not talking about yourself," Ryo asked and broke Robert's hold. "Since you got us into this mess, we have no choice but to help them out." A sly grin formed on Ryo's face. "I know you want to make yourself look good in front Yuri."

"Say what?"

Ryo then laughed. "Come on, we've wasted enough time."

Torch was still waiting for a proper response. "Well?"

Ryo nodded.

"Great," Torch said. "For that, dinner's on us."

"Why didn't you say so in the first place," Ryo added and grabbed as many bags as he could and darted into the building.

"It never fails," Yuri commented. "Have food, will travel."

"I'd better let Iris know. She hates surprises." Torch and the rest of the group followed Ryo into the complex.


Iris was in the middle of moving one the boxes into Torch's room when the group entered.

"Where does this go," Ryo asked.

Iris, surprised by Ryo's behavior, pointed into the other room. "Just be careful."

"Iris," Torch called out as she entered, "Think we have enough for six people?"

"You didn't tell them that dinner was on us?"

"Of course. Master Yosho always said that being generous is the best way to show one's appreciation towards others," Torch lectured. "Even you should do that once in awhile."

Iris was silent for a few seconds. "Well, if you're planning on having Mexican buffet, we can manage."

"That's all we have left?"

"No, but we have to think on who we have for guests."

"That's true. How fast can you whip up that salsa?"

"Faster than they can unleash a Haohshokoken," Iris replied. "Quit stalling and give me a hand."

The sound of glass hitting each other immediately gained Iris' attention. She darted into her former room to see Ryo holding one of the boxes she personally packed herself. "Hold you're horses there, Ryo."

"Is something wrong?"

Torch walked to in to see what the caused Iris to leave the room in a hurry. "Uh, oh."

Iris walked up to him and took the box. "I can take care of this." She then left the room mumbling something to herself.

"What was that about," Ryo asked Torch.

"Iris gets very protective with her stuff, especially with her artwork," she replied. "Oh, and do not touch that guitar case. Iris will have your head if you do. You can take her hockey stuff over there and bring it to the living room."

Ryo was about to pick up the skates when Iris stepped back into the room. He quickly withdrew his hands. "Is there anything else in here that needs to be moved," he asked to make sure.

Iris pointed to her hockey gear and nodded. "That needs to be moved." She walked over to the guitar case and wiped the dust off. "It's been a while since... never mind."

"No, go on," Ryo said, curious. "That is, if you want."

"I used to play back in high school," she stated and walked to the living room.

Achika and Yuri began to sort through some clothes while Robert and Ryo were helping rearrange the living room.

"Hey," Robert noted as he pointed towards the top of the highest shelf in the living room. "Check out the fancy weapon over there." He began to stretch his hand towards an elegant katana.

"Whoa, careful there, Robert," Iris warned. "No one touches Torch's sword except her. If she catches you holding that thing, run and run far away."

"All... right," he replied and slowly backed away from weapon.

"And watch out for that flute case," Iris added. "You just might find yourself on the receiving end of that blade."

Robert waited until Iris left the living room. "Why is it that she's so cold and Torch is so psychotic?"

"And now there's ever happy Achika," Ryo added. "They balance out pretty well."

Robert slowly nodded in agreement.


*****
Well, Achika's moved in with the Kipagami girls... More to come!