Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unions an Reunions ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

“You have reached the voicemail of `Barrett'. Please leave a message-“

“Ugh…Damn. Why won't he answer his phone? It has been three days with no word from him. Why hasn't Cid come either?” Tifa spoke to herself.
 
Ring
 
“Barrett?!?”
 
“Uhm, No. Try again.”
 
“Cait Sith, you asshole. I wasn't expecting you.”
 
“Well then, I can just hang up and never talk to you again. How bout that?” Cait Sith asked.
 
“I'm sorry. I've become restless as of late.” Tifa said apologetically.
 
“How come you haven't called then? And why are you so worked up about Barrett? Is he your `sugar daddy'?” Cait Sith laughed. There was a long silence. Tifa hung up on him.
 
Ring
 
“…Hello?!?” Tifa almost screamed.
 
“Hey I was kidding! Now tell me what's up?” Cait Sith asked her again.
 
“I need you to come to Nibelheim.”
 
“And how will I accomplish that? You have the buggy and I can't cross the river.” He questioned her seriously.
 
“Hmm. I will pick you up then. Meet me at Barrett's house.”
 
“Okay. Be quick.”
______________________________________Barrett's House
______________________________________
“Wow, that was quick.” Cait Sith told her even though Tifa wasn't listening. She began rummaging through everything. She came across a small chest. She opened it roboticly. “Hey…Is that?”
 
“Materia.” she responded. She picked up a few pieces of red materia. “I promised myself I would use these only in the most dire times.”
 
“Tifa! Tell me what is going on?!?” The mog demanded.
 
“Cloud and Vincent have vanished. Sephiroth is back. Then Barrett disappeared and I haven't heard from anyone else. I am not sure what happened to Nanaki or Yuffie but I hope that Cid hasn't `disappeared' as well.”
 
“I didn't expect this but it is no surprise if Cloud's life is on the line.”
 
“Wha. What? What is that supposed to mean?” Tifa interrogated.
 
“Forget it for now. We have to get to Costa del Sol. Tifa, I will drive.”
 
“Okay.” Tifa said sniveling. They left the house and got in the buggy and made the short drive to Costa del Sol.
 
“Tifa, are you alright?” Cait Sith asked sympathetically.
 
“Yes.” she answered.
 
“Then why are your eyes filled with tears?” Tifa then broke down.
 
“I hope he is okay. I never got the chance to tell him-“
 
“Shh. We're here.” Cait Sith said as he drove to the dock in the small coastal city. “Why exactly did we come here?”
 
“I am not sure. I never told you what we had to do. Why are we here Cait Sith?!?” She had a bit of anger in her eyes.
 
“Calm down.” Cait Sith was stumped. He had to make an excuse. “I wanted us to get our gold chocobo so we would have easier travel.”
 
“Oh. You had me worried there. Good point. We both know you have a history of being…”
 
“I know. I am sorry I worried you. Cmon. Lets go.” They paid the fare and crossed the ocean to Junon.
 
“Haven't been here in a while.”
 
“No time for sight seeing! We have to go.” Once again Tifa and the mog sped their way towards Mythril Cave. They got to the end of the cave and then, once again forgot something. A swamp blocked their way to the ranch.
 
“Uhm, Tifa I forgot something again.” Cait Sith looked distressed.
 
“What now?!?” She demanded.
 
“Ya know how there was that little snake thing in the swamp?”
 
“Yes…Oh…” All of the memories came to Tifa as she recalled the snake that Sephiroth had once impaled on their first time through.
 
“How can we bypass it?” he asked her. Tifa sighed.
 
“Well…I can handle it. Stay back.” She ran into the swamp.
 
“Tifa!!! NO!!!!!” Cait Sith ran after her.
 
“LEVIATHAN!” Tifa chanted.
 
Suddenly, a large mass of water came rushing out of the sky. It surrounded the overgrown snake. Then an even larger serpent came down to join to water. The creature attacked the snake with the fury of the ocean and the snake fell. Leviathan disappeared.
 
“I told you to stay back.”
 
“You had me worried.”
 
“Well the ranch is a little farther ahead. Lets finish this trip.” Tifa and Cait Sith walked the short but dangerous path with no encounters.
 
“Isn't it a little strange that we didn't have to fight anything?” Cait Sith asked her.
 
“Well maybe a little.” They finally got to the ranch when a little boy about fourteen came running to them.
 
“Hi Tifa. What brings you here? Hey! Nice pet. Can I have one? Where is Cloud?”
 
“Hi Billy.” she said to the ranch hand Choco Billy. “I need Ruby. No you cannot have Cait Sith. And I can't talk about Cloud at the moment.”
 
“Oh sure. I got ya. Hey Ruby!” he called. A bright, golden chocobo came running out to lick Tifa on her face.
 
“Wark!” Ruby squawked.
 
“Hi Ruby. Ready for another journey? Well I guess I will come back later. Thanks Billy!” Tifa, Cait Sith, and Ruby the gold chocobo let the ranch.
 
“Tifa, I have our next move planned out.”
 
“Okay. What is it?”
 
“We have to go get Yuffie.”
 
“Lets hurry then. But Why Yuffie?” They climbed on Ruby and made their way across the ocean. They were at Wutai in minutes. Tifa entered the large village alone with Cait Sith guarding Ruby. She was greeted by four people all in blue suits.
 
“Welcome Tifa. I, ahem, we have been expecting you.”
 
Behind her stood Elena, to her right: Rude. To her left crouched Reno and in front of her stood Tseng who spoke to her.
 
“Hey babe. Don't worry bout your little bird and stuffed animal. Godo has taken care of him.” Reno said to her.
 
Tifa was excited to be greeted by such wonderful people. She jumped into Reno's arms and was lost in his kiss…