Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown Card - The Fated Meeting ❯ Chapter 2 – Meeting with Headmaster ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 2 - Meeting with Headmaster
 
Quistis and Zell got on the elevator that led to the Headmaster's office, as it slowly started it's way up Quistis looked over to Zell asking him “Do you have any idea what did that to Seifer? It wasn't a monster, because they would have killed him.” Zell simply nods, “I thought so too, but who besides Squall could defeat Seifer in a fight, no one in Garden is able to defeat him.” Quistis nodded in agreement, “Your right Seifer is only been beaten by Squall but it seems whoever beat him today might be stronger then Squall. I believe we should inform both the Headmaster and Squall.”
 
The elevator slowly stopped as the door opened up allowing them to step out into the Headmaster's office. They walked up to the Headmaster's desk greeting him, but before he could say anything else Quistis spoke up, “Headmaster we need to discuss Seifer.” Cid looks at Quistis, asking softly “Is that anything new? What type of trouble is he in now?” Quistis just looked down, before saying “Seifer is laying in the infirmary Cid, he's hurt pretty bad. We found him laying outside of the Training Grounds barely knowing where he was.” Cid just nodded slowly before replying back, “Well let me page Squall and we will see what he has to say.”
 
Cid walks over to his desk and presses a button on the desk then starts to speak “Squall please report to the Headmaster's office at once.” Cid just hit the button again cut off the intercom as they waited for Squall to show up. Minutes passed as they could hear the elevator go down and slowly make its way back up as Squall slowly stepped out the elevator followed by Rinoa. They slowly approached the Headmaster, greeting Quistis and Zell, then Cid. As Squall looked at Cid, he could see something troubling him, then he spoke “You wanted me sir?”
 
Cid just looked at Squall before sitting back behind his desk and then he says “Squall have you and Seifer sparred today?” Squall slowly shakes his head no, as he looks at Cid puzzled. “Is everything ok sir?” Squall asks slowly, but before he could speak again Cid stops him “Not really, Quistis and Zell found Seifer laying outside of the Training Grounds hurt very badly. They took him to the infirmary and the doctor is fixing him up, but she told me it might be awhile before he wakes up, so he will be unable to help in the SeeD testing today.”
 
Squall looks at Quistis, then Zell, then says “Well sir should we cancel the test since Seifer is hurt?” Cid slowly shook his head, “No sense in canceling the test, but we should keep our eyes open for whoever did this to him. Maybe the test will give us some ideas?” Quistis nodded, “Then we should go with our second test.” Zell just looks at them, “And that is?”
 
Quistis just quietly laughed, “Zell didn't you read the briefing?” Zell shook his head, “No I haven't got a copy of it yet.” Rinoa handed Zell a copy of the new plan, “I left the other one in your room, did you ever go by there?” Zell just turns red, then looks down. Quistis smiles, “It's ok Zell, let me explain what we will do. Since Seifer is unable to help us we will request help from Laguna. We will have his soldiers do a mock invasion of the Deep Sea Research Lab, the mission is the removal of all hostile forces from it, should be an easy enough mission for them.”
 
Squall looked at Cid, “And you hope whoever attacked Seifer will show his strength there? If so then I will have a team waiting for him. Two teams to be exact. Quistis, Rinoa, and I will be the first team. The second team will be Zell, Irvine and Selphie. If they can manage defeat us six, then they are good.” Cid looked up at Squall, “Are you sure you want to do this? What if whatever it is over powers you six?” Squall smiled abit, “Then I will have the others standing by to help out.” Cid nodded, “Then Squall you have my approval to go get everything setup. The test begins in 6 hours, so you might want to get in touch with Laguna and get everything setup, I await to hear the good news.”
 
They all boarded the elevator and rode it down. When it reached the bottom Quistis stepped off and waved to the others, “I will see you all there. I have to get the students ready.” Quistis slowly walked over to where the students where gathering and begins to get them all in order as the others proceed to the Deep Sea Research Lab, along with Laguna who has agreed to help them. Quistis checks everyone's registration and grades to make sure they can take the test, as she is informs them they are ready for the students to proceed to the test area. Quistis slowly escorts all eleven students to the Ragnarok.